Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | !animalmafia! main thread
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25
@LordAlois I'll get to your post in a minute but in the meantime.

1. I'm not the one getting onto anyone for fluff-posting, and that's not my reasoning for being suspicious of Red.

2. My fluff posting is enjoyable to others and usually very minor, usually happens after lock-down or after I've said something productive and in general happens only in games where I know a majority, if not all of the player list.

3. As I've mentioned before, I don't play ~in the past~. I play the current game at hand and digging up stuff from other games to use against me is a misleading and a petty attempt to make a case against me. Play styles change and I'm rather adaptive.
@LordAlois I'll get to your post in a minute but in the meantime.

1. I'm not the one getting onto anyone for fluff-posting, and that's not my reasoning for being suspicious of Red.

2. My fluff posting is enjoyable to others and usually very minor, usually happens after lock-down or after I've said something productive and in general happens only in games where I know a majority, if not all of the player list.

3. As I've mentioned before, I don't play ~in the past~. I play the current game at hand and digging up stuff from other games to use against me is a misleading and a petty attempt to make a case against me. Play styles change and I'm rather adaptive.
Click clack goes the armor on my back.
NPeGYYg.png bSeVcg2.png
@LordAlois

When did I say that you're a show off? It was a small, personal side-joke at my partner for something he did a bit ago, where I got the feeling that he was trying to be a show-off.
So no. Why should I even?
Second.
I posted a wall in which I explained why it is important to read properly what others are saying. That wording is important. Never did I say or implied that I see you as a show-off. I did not even mentioned you in that few sentences, I gave an example to make my statements more clear.
And yet you're picking out that one part, which itself is already a bit surprising to me (because seriously, what I wrote did got quite long and this is only a small example for something that I personally see as much more important.)
And you do exactly that thing I just described as negative, that it should be avoided? Namely twisting other people's words/trying to imply things that were never stated, nor even thought, in the first place?
Seriously?

It's almost 4am over here, my head hurts and my legs don't really feel much better. I'll just go to bed at this point so, won't be here for the next few hours.
@LordAlois

When did I say that you're a show off? It was a small, personal side-joke at my partner for something he did a bit ago, where I got the feeling that he was trying to be a show-off.
So no. Why should I even?
Second.
I posted a wall in which I explained why it is important to read properly what others are saying. That wording is important. Never did I say or implied that I see you as a show-off. I did not even mentioned you in that few sentences, I gave an example to make my statements more clear.
And yet you're picking out that one part, which itself is already a bit surprising to me (because seriously, what I wrote did got quite long and this is only a small example for something that I personally see as much more important.)
And you do exactly that thing I just described as negative, that it should be avoided? Namely twisting other people's words/trying to imply things that were never stated, nor even thought, in the first place?
Seriously?

It's almost 4am over here, my head hurts and my legs don't really feel much better. I'll just go to bed at this point so, won't be here for the next few hours.
[quote name="Leremis" date=2017-04-17 18:30:00] I don't understand why people aren't understanding that people have lives. If your boss called saying they need you to work, would you really say "Nah man, gotta finish this argument on a pet site", or to your dad if he needed your help with something? Maybe some would and that's unfortunate. But I think the majority of us place irl as a priority and I don't get why you guys don't understand that?? [/quote] Nobody is saying you just can't take a break from the game. What Alois is saying is that the WAY lux left in the middle of an argument made it seem like they were trying to for suspicion on me, then be void of blame when I flip town. Along with the malicious tone lux had in the beginning of their accusation, it made them seem very scummy to me and others.
Leremis wrote on 2017-04-17:

I don't understand why people aren't understanding that people have lives. If your boss called saying they need you to work, would you really say "Nah man, gotta finish this argument on a pet site", or to your dad if he needed your help with something? Maybe some would and that's unfortunate. But I think the majority of us place irl as a priority and I don't get why you guys don't understand that??

Nobody is saying you just can't take a break from the game. What Alois is saying is that the WAY lux left in the middle of an argument made it seem like they were trying to for suspicion on me, then be void of blame when I flip town. Along with the malicious tone lux had in the beginning of their accusation, it made them seem very scummy to me and others.
e893cg.png
[quote name="RedDragonD" date=2017-04-17 18:46:35] [quote name="Leremis" date=2017-04-17 18:30:00] I don't understand why people aren't understanding that people have lives. If your boss called saying they need you to work, would you really say "Nah man, gotta finish this argument on a pet site", or to your dad if he needed your help with something? Maybe some would and that's unfortunate. But I think the majority of us place irl as a priority and I don't get why you guys don't understand that?? [/quote] Nobody is saying you just can't take a break from the game. What Alois is saying is that the WAY lux left in the middle of an argument made it seem like they were trying to for suspicion on me, then be void of blame when I flip town. Along with the malicious tone lux had in the beginning of their accusation, it made them seem very scummy to me and others. [/quote] No, I feel like you guys aren't getting my point. Clearly you aren't with how you're responding. I see nothing scummy about it.
RedDragonD wrote on 2017-04-17:
Leremis wrote on 2017-04-17:

I don't understand why people aren't understanding that people have lives. If your boss called saying they need you to work, would you really say "Nah man, gotta finish this argument on a pet site", or to your dad if he needed your help with something? Maybe some would and that's unfortunate. But I think the majority of us place irl as a priority and I don't get why you guys don't understand that??

Nobody is saying you just can't take a break from the game. What Alois is saying is that the WAY lux left in the middle of an argument made it seem like they were trying to for suspicion on me, then be void of blame when I flip town. Along with the malicious tone lux had in the beginning of their accusation, it made them seem very scummy to me and others.

No, I feel like you guys aren't getting my point. Clearly you aren't with how you're responding. I see nothing scummy about it.
tumblr_inline_nrfex33sDc1rbfe8q_500.gif Leremis
She/her
Wishlist
Going to make a placeholder vote while we decide on who we want to lynch.
Going to make a placeholder vote while we decide on who we want to lynch.
She/her
Wishlist
@LordAlois
Wow. That is a long post.
i noticed a few mentions to some of my games. it made me happy to have my games as examples :)

@Leremis
Well, people are ignoring the contributions I have brought into this game. Is that fair? I'm not ignoring the overall contributions of others and responding and commenting on what I feel I should.

I do understand. You're just no understanding that most people, in my perspective and from what I recall from the last time I played a mafia game, people usually make it known when they are leaving for an extended amount of time. I feel like people should at least be like "hey, I am starting this but I'll be gone for an hour or so to do this thing and I'll respond and actually talk about it instead of just falling off of it."
@LordAlois
i noticed a few mentions to some of my games. it made me happy to have my games as examples :)

@Leremis
Well, people are ignoring the contributions I have brought into this game. Is that fair? I'm not ignoring the overall contributions of others and responding and commenting on what I feel I should.

I do understand. You're just no understanding that most people, in my perspective and from what I recall from the last time I played a mafia game, people usually make it known when they are leaving for an extended amount of time. I feel like people should at least be like "hey, I am starting this but I'll be gone for an hour or so to do this thing and I'll respond and actually talk about it instead of just falling off of it."
tq6VrgN.png

Mai/Mat
he/they/it
@Wintrymix [quote name="Wintrymix" date=2017-04-17 18:36:12] @ LordAlois I'll get to your post in a minute but in the meantime. 1. I'm not the one getting onto anyone for fluff-posting, and that's not my reasoning for being suspicious of Red. 2. My fluff posting is enjoyable to others and usually very minor, usually happens after lock-down or after I've said something productive and in general happens only in games where I know a majority, if not all of the player list. 3. As I've mentioned before, I don't play ~in the past~. I play the current game at hand and digging up stuff from other games to use against me is a misleading and a petty attempt to make a case against me. Play styles change and I'm rather adaptive. [/quote] @Wintrymix 1. "a majority of what they've posted has not contributed" Non-contributing posts are fluffing, correct? Then you were making that a part of your case against Red. 2. As you can see, others in the past have reacted joyfully and were pretty minor in terms of how much posting. So for him to expect such backlash... I know you say usually, but in that specific game it was your first post. Someone else doing the same shouldn't be an immediate red flag to you, as that happens in the beginning. I know almost everyone - or at least have seen - in this mafia game. The only people are SilverNight104 and Foxmeow. Since Red and I play in most games together, he is most likely the same. 3. Misleading and petty? Not really - it shows what you've done in the past, and this isn't a year ago, it was around a month ago. How I've played in other games is at least semi-important to this game as it shows how I've generally played - it shouldn't mean I have to stick to my meta, but it's worth noting if it suddenly changes for better or for worse. All said and done, I don't think you're suspicious. I don't think you're mafia. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're town. --------- @Valgami [quote name="Valgami" date=2017-04-17 18:46:05] @ LordAlois When did I say that you're a show off [/quote] I quoted where you said that, but more specifically [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2167499/16#post_26757022]here[/url]. (if you look up 'show off' in this thread, you'll find it too btw) [quote name="LordAlois" date=2017-04-17 18:14:44] @ Valgami [quote name="Valgami" date=2017-04-17 08:45:17] I do think that Wintrymix is a good player, but this does not necessarily mean that I will be impressed if he's trying to be a show off because he pulled off something 'amazing' in a mafia game. [/quote] Are you saying I'm trying to be a show off? [/quote] [quote name="Valgami" date=2017-04-17 18:46:05] Second. I posted a wall in which I explained why it is important to read properly what others are saying. That wording is important. Never did I say or implied that I see you as a show-off. I did not even mentioned you in that few sentences, I gave an example to make my statements more clear. And yet you're picking out that one part, which itself is already a bit surprising to me (because seriously, what I wrote did got quite long and this is only a small example for something that I personally see as much more important.)[/quote] I read and understood your post. You mentioned me in the sentence after that one. I simply interpreted it that way, as it seemed like a comparsion to the situation (me being praised for something 'amazing' in a mafia game vs your situation wintrymix being praised for something 'amazing' in a mafia game). That's why I asked you without accusing - I was simply confused as it didn't seem right. [quote name="Valgami" date=2017-04-17 18:46:05] ...Namely twisting other people's words/trying to imply things that were never stated, nor even thought, in the first place? Seriously?[/quote] I didn't twist your words or try to imply things - I was confused if you were implying anything, which is why I asked, I didn't accuse. I don't understand why you seem pissed off at me for getting confused with what you said - it's been happening a lot in this thread.
@Wintrymix
Wintrymix wrote on 2017-04-17:
@ LordAlois I'll get to your post in a minute but in the meantime.

@Wintrymix

1. "a majority of what they've posted has not contributed" Non-contributing posts are fluffing, correct? Then you were making that a part of your case against Red.

2. As you can see, others in the past have reacted joyfully and were pretty minor in terms of how much posting. So for him to expect such backlash...
I know you say usually, but in that specific game it was your first post. Someone else doing the same shouldn't be an immediate red flag to you, as that happens in the beginning.
I know almost everyone - or at least have seen - in this mafia game. The only people are SilverNight104 and Foxmeow. Since Red and I play in most games together, he is most likely the same.

3. Misleading and petty? Not really - it shows what you've done in the past, and this isn't a year ago, it was around a month ago. How I've played in other games is at least semi-important to this game as it shows how I've generally played - it shouldn't mean I have to stick to my meta, but it's worth noting if it suddenly changes for better or for worse.

All said and done, I don't think you're suspicious. I don't think you're mafia. In fact, I'm pretty sure you're town.

@Valgami
Valgami wrote on 2017-04-17:
@ LordAlois

When did I say that you're a show off

I quoted where you said that, but more specifically here. (if you look up 'show off' in this thread, you'll find it too btw)
LordAlois wrote on 2017-04-17:
@ Valgami
I do think that Wintrymix is a good player, but this does not necessarily mean that I will be impressed if he's trying to be a show off because he pulled off something 'amazing' in a mafia game.

Are you saying I'm trying to be a show off?

Second.

I read and understood your post.
You mentioned me in the sentence after that one.

I simply interpreted it that way, as it seemed like a comparsion to the situation (me being praised for something 'amazing' in a mafia game vs your situation wintrymix being praised for something 'amazing' in a mafia game). That's why I asked you without accusing - I was simply confused as it didn't seem right.
...Namely twisting other people's words/trying to imply things that were never stated, nor even thought, in the first place?
Seriously?

I didn't twist your words or try to imply things - I was confused if you were implying anything, which is why I asked, I didn't accuse. I don't understand why you seem ****** off at me for getting confused with what you said - it's been happening a lot in this thread.
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo6_100.png8uFqK.gif0B0c5mI.pngQU9Z4.gif DG9Dj.gif
[quote name="@Wintrymix" date=2017-04-17 18:36:12] 2. My fluff posting is enjoyable to others and usually very minor, usually happens after lock-down or after I've said something productive and in general happens only in games where I know a majority, if not all of the player list. 3. As I've mentioned before, I don't play ~in the past~. I play the current game at hand and digging up stuff from other games to use against me is a misleading and a petty attempt to make a case against me. Play styles change and I'm rather adaptive. [/quote] If you perceive the fluff as enjoyable to others, then why is it somehow more malicious for me to share in ab inside joke between players that I know in the game?(by me saying Alois gives us an automatic win in the questionnaire) And "playing in the current game, not in the past" gives a significant disadvantage, because people act wildly different from games when they're town and when they're mafia, so finding those tells is very useful to finding out who is mafia. Using past games is not misleading OR petty, its a legit strategy because your can compare mannerisms between a players scum and innocent playstyles. And from looking at your last game, where you were town, you are acting a lot more malicious and aggressive, which would lead me to the conclusion that you aren't a townie.
@Wintrymix wrote on 2017-04-17:

If you perceive the fluff as enjoyable to others, then why is it somehow more malicious for me to share in ab inside joke between players that I know in the game?(by me saying Alois gives us an automatic win in the questionnaire)

And "playing in the current game, not in the past" gives a significant disadvantage, because people act wildly different from games when they're town and when they're mafia, so finding those tells is very useful to finding out who is mafia. Using past games is not misleading OR petty, its a legit strategy because your can compare mannerisms between a players scum and innocent playstyles. And from looking at your last game, where you were town, you are acting a lot more malicious and aggressive, which would lead me to the conclusion that you aren't a townie.
e893cg.png
[quote name="@Maithax" date=2017-04-17 18:59:23] @/LordAlois Wow. That is a long post. i noticed a few mentions to some of my games. it made me happy to have my games as examples :) @/Leremis Well, people are ignoring the contributions I have brought into this game. Is that fair? I'm not ignoring the overall contributions of others and responding and commenting on what I feel I should. I do understand. You're just no understanding that most people, in my perspective and from what I recall from the last time I played a mafia game, people usually make it known when they are leaving for an extended amount of time. I feel like people should at least be like "hey, I am starting this but I'll be gone for an hour or so to do this thing and I'll respond and actually talk about it instead of just falling off of it." [/quote] Sometimes people just don't have the time to do that. Life can be unexpected.
@Maithax wrote on 2017-04-17:
@/LordAlois

@/Leremis

Sometimes people just don't have the time to do that. Life can be unexpected.
She/her
Wishlist
@LordAlois @ReddragonD
Clearly you guys are just twisting words and getting offended at implied meanings which you conjured up yourselves and blaming us for it. This argument is getting very pointless to the point where I don't even want to counter you with another wall.

I'll not discuss this any further because clearly this is getting us nowhere. You are merely derailing discussion and if this does not stop soon I might drop the game.

(To the mod @Pandasong: As much as I like you as a mod, I hope you can help us out here and do what you see fit. I really don't want to drop a game as it seems rude but I'm getting very fed up of it. As are, it seems, a lot of other players. For obvious reasons.)
@LordAlois @ReddragonD
Clearly you guys are just twisting words and getting offended at implied meanings which you conjured up yourselves and blaming us for it. This argument is getting very pointless to the point where I don't even want to counter you with another wall.

I'll not discuss this any further because clearly this is getting us nowhere. You are merely derailing discussion and if this does not stop soon I might drop the game.

(To the mod @Pandasong: As much as I like you as a mod, I hope you can help us out here and do what you see fit. I really don't want to drop a game as it seems rude but I'm getting very fed up of it. As are, it seems, a lot of other players. For obvious reasons.)
iVZQ1Bj.png __"The wind doesn't like to be controlled. It can go wherever it wants to." __OCbSN4N.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24 25