Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Spy's Venom - Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
@MagykalWagykal
Who wouldn't be salty over someone messing up something they'd spent a lot of time working on? Being salty seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me in that situation.

I do admit that my PM was somewhat harshly worded, but I was quite upset by the actions you took within the game. Your attempting to blackmail your fellow team mates was quite frankly very shocking to me, and really isn't the kind of behaviour I expect to see in a mafia game here on flight rising. Flight rising, to me at least, is a place where everything is supposed to be chill and calm and peaceful and happy, and it seemed to me like you were going against that by acting the way you did, so I felt somewhat attacked by that.

I want by games to be calm, and casual, and stress free, and for everyone to be able to play the way they want to. But you were saying to people that they couldn't play the way they wanted to play, and taking away their freedom by saying that they needed to act in a certain way. You can ask people to do things, but threatening them is not okay and it made me highly uncomfortable to see that type of behaviour going on in my games.

I felt that I needed to be honest with you in my PM, because I wanted you to understand the severity of what is going on. I feel like you're not properly listening to what I and others have to say, and if you're not going to properly listen to what people have to say then that's going to lead to misunderstandings - and that's when people start getting hurt.

You behaviour in games is manipulative at best, and- did you know that some people can actually get really hurt if their posts are ignored? If people are actually trying to contribute to the game and pinging you to ask your opinion on something and you don't check your pings so you never reply, that person might end up feeling ignored and unwanted entirely if it keeps up, and might decide to stop playing mafias at all or even take more drastic action irl.

You need to be considerate of these type of things when interacting with people in a public space, and it's impossible to do that if you're not listening to people. The way you acted here, and the way you've been acting in other games, is really rather rude.

It's fine to be "a terrible player" - no matter how bad you are, everyone is inexperienced at some point, we all have to start somewhere. Getting good takes time. But it becomes a problem when you're making the games less enjoyable for other people. And if you don't forgive me - or even if you hate me, then... Well, that's your choice. It just makes me really frustrated and upset when I hear people telling me that they are upset or angry because of how you've acted in a game. Because, those mafia players? They're my friends. And seeing someone making my friends upset, is something that is not and will not ever be okay.
@MagykalWagykal
Who wouldn't be salty over someone messing up something they'd spent a lot of time working on? Being salty seems like a perfectly reasonable response to me in that situation.

I do admit that my PM was somewhat harshly worded, but I was quite upset by the actions you took within the game. Your attempting to blackmail your fellow team mates was quite frankly very shocking to me, and really isn't the kind of behaviour I expect to see in a mafia game here on flight rising. Flight rising, to me at least, is a place where everything is supposed to be chill and calm and peaceful and happy, and it seemed to me like you were going against that by acting the way you did, so I felt somewhat attacked by that.

I want by games to be calm, and casual, and stress free, and for everyone to be able to play the way they want to. But you were saying to people that they couldn't play the way they wanted to play, and taking away their freedom by saying that they needed to act in a certain way. You can ask people to do things, but threatening them is not okay and it made me highly uncomfortable to see that type of behaviour going on in my games.

I felt that I needed to be honest with you in my PM, because I wanted you to understand the severity of what is going on. I feel like you're not properly listening to what I and others have to say, and if you're not going to properly listen to what people have to say then that's going to lead to misunderstandings - and that's when people start getting hurt.

You behaviour in games is manipulative at best, and- did you know that some people can actually get really hurt if their posts are ignored? If people are actually trying to contribute to the game and pinging you to ask your opinion on something and you don't check your pings so you never reply, that person might end up feeling ignored and unwanted entirely if it keeps up, and might decide to stop playing mafias at all or even take more drastic action irl.

You need to be considerate of these type of things when interacting with people in a public space, and it's impossible to do that if you're not listening to people. The way you acted here, and the way you've been acting in other games, is really rather rude.

It's fine to be "a terrible player" - no matter how bad you are, everyone is inexperienced at some point, we all have to start somewhere. Getting good takes time. But it becomes a problem when you're making the games less enjoyable for other people. And if you don't forgive me - or even if you hate me, then... Well, that's your choice. It just makes me really frustrated and upset when I hear people telling me that they are upset or angry because of how you've acted in a game. Because, those mafia players? They're my friends. And seeing someone making my friends upset, is something that is not and will not ever be okay.
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
@Nerasis

...Some of the things you said contradict other things you said. For example, you seem worried about how everyone should 'play the way they want to play'... and then you attack me for playing the way I wanted to play. How was I supposed to know that 'blackmailing', as you put it, was illegal? Was it in the rules? No. Had anyone ever TOLD me it was illegal, rather than just shooting me a nasty PM and kicking me out of their game? Absolutely not. Also, you're one to talk about threatening people after what you said.

If you're so worried about people getting hurt and quitting because of what I said... *gasp* You don't think...that maybe I was hurt and thinking about quitting because of what YOU said?

'My behavior in games is manipulative at best'. Well, yeah... I've had MULTIPLE PEOPLE tell me that 'Mafia is about lying, you're supposed to be manipulative, blahblahblahblahblah'. What exactly are you trying to say here?

You keep saying that people complain about me being in their games, and to be quite honest, I don't completely believe you. Would you be so kind as to actually name some of these mysterious people who may or may not actually exist?
@Nerasis

...Some of the things you said contradict other things you said. For example, you seem worried about how everyone should 'play the way they want to play'... and then you attack me for playing the way I wanted to play. How was I supposed to know that 'blackmailing', as you put it, was illegal? Was it in the rules? No. Had anyone ever TOLD me it was illegal, rather than just shooting me a nasty PM and kicking me out of their game? Absolutely not. Also, you're one to talk about threatening people after what you said.

If you're so worried about people getting hurt and quitting because of what I said... *gasp* You don't think...that maybe I was hurt and thinking about quitting because of what YOU said?

'My behavior in games is manipulative at best'. Well, yeah... I've had MULTIPLE PEOPLE tell me that 'Mafia is about lying, you're supposed to be manipulative, blahblahblahblahblah'. What exactly are you trying to say here?

You keep saying that people complain about me being in their games, and to be quite honest, I don't completely believe you. Would you be so kind as to actually name some of these mysterious people who may or may not actually exist?
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
@MagykalWagykal
If the way you want to play involves stopping other people from playing the way they want to play, then it becomes a problem.

The blackmailing was a problem because it was making the other mafia members upset and uncomfortable(Rule 1). After I said what I did in the quicktopic, you were very disrespectful towards me, too, breaking Rule 3. Then after I removed you, you revealed information about the game outside of the game thread(Rule 2) and copy/pasted things that I had said privately, containing information that was still relevant to the game(Rule 5), on your profile.

I didn't expect that anyone would actually go against their wincon, so I didn't think to include that as an actual rule. I'll be sure to include it as a rule in other games I run from now on, though. But hey, you broke 4 out of 5 rules in the end, so I think I made the right choice in removing you from the game.

I am sorry for making the initial threat - I misjudged you there and thought you were deliberately being spiteful towards the other players. It was never my intention to hurt you, I only wanted to make you see how you had been hurting others. I hope that you understand that now.

Mafia may be a game of manipulation, yes, but you don't manipulate your own team. You work together with your team, to trick everyone else. You work for the good of your team, not for the good of just yourself.

You'll just have to take my word about what other people have told me, since they told me privately and it wouldn't be right for me to share what they said privately without their consent. Most of the people I've talked to said that they agree your current attitude isn't very good, but they think you'll be able to grow out of it and will get better over time. I don't really know if you're even willing to change though...? If you're not willing to change, then the problem will never be resolved.
@MagykalWagykal
If the way you want to play involves stopping other people from playing the way they want to play, then it becomes a problem.

The blackmailing was a problem because it was making the other mafia members upset and uncomfortable(Rule 1). After I said what I did in the quicktopic, you were very disrespectful towards me, too, breaking Rule 3. Then after I removed you, you revealed information about the game outside of the game thread(Rule 2) and copy/pasted things that I had said privately, containing information that was still relevant to the game(Rule 5), on your profile.

I didn't expect that anyone would actually go against their wincon, so I didn't think to include that as an actual rule. I'll be sure to include it as a rule in other games I run from now on, though. But hey, you broke 4 out of 5 rules in the end, so I think I made the right choice in removing you from the game.

I am sorry for making the initial threat - I misjudged you there and thought you were deliberately being spiteful towards the other players. It was never my intention to hurt you, I only wanted to make you see how you had been hurting others. I hope that you understand that now.

Mafia may be a game of manipulation, yes, but you don't manipulate your own team. You work together with your team, to trick everyone else. You work for the good of your team, not for the good of just yourself.

You'll just have to take my word about what other people have told me, since they told me privately and it wouldn't be right for me to share what they said privately without their consent. Most of the people I've talked to said that they agree your current attitude isn't very good, but they think you'll be able to grow out of it and will get better over time. I don't really know if you're even willing to change though...? If you're not willing to change, then the problem will never be resolved.
@Winterreise

Guess I'm cursed to be mafia every game I'm in that you're town in XD

So, what'd you think of my jokes in my QT? :D
@Winterreise

Guess I'm cursed to be mafia every game I'm in that you're town in XD

So, what'd you think of my jokes in my QT? :D
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
@Vrykolakas

Your jokes were so funny lmao. Everytime I saw the Werewolf QT light up, I knew there would be at least one bad joke waiting.
@Vrykolakas

Your jokes were so funny lmao. Everytime I saw the Werewolf QT light up, I knew there would be at least one bad joke waiting.
2rHLxZD.png
[quote name="SilverNight104" date=2017-03-20 19:04:15] @/Vrykolakas Your jokes were so funny lmao. Everytime I saw the Werewolf QT light up, I knew there would be at least one bad joke waiting. [/quote] SAME THO
SilverNight104 wrote on 2017-03-20:
@/Vrykolakas

SAME THO
Agrina/ Lena, she/ her pronouns, FR +0
ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif tririddlebadge21_by_dragoonwys-dazbx1q.png
@Vrykolakas
Hahhaha maybe. Maybe I'll fight you in every game (or...not xP)
I was trying not to laugh if not I'll end up waking my family xD
You're very funny speaking to the spectators/yourself too xD
@Vrykolakas
Hahhaha maybe. Maybe I'll fight you in every game (or...not xP)
I was trying not to laugh if not I'll end up waking my family xD
You're very funny speaking to the spectators/yourself too xD
@Nerasis

In regards to Rule 1: I DID heed your warning. I apologized or my rash behavior and decided to follow the new rule you had apparently just made up out of the blue. Nevertheless, you kicked me out.

In regards to Rules 2 and 5: I always add the game to my page when I die. It's not like anyone's checking my page for updates.

In regards to Rule 3: Well... You can't say I didn't apologize.

You sure have an odd way to try to make me notice that I 'hurt others'. It definitely didn't work. Maybe it works for other people; who knows. All you did was insult me.

... Again, I didn't know it was illegal. I just had no interest in my so-called teammates treating me like the sacrificial lamb without consulting me first.

I'm still pretty sure that no one ever really said anything like that about me. Only a coward talks about people behind their backs and is afraid to say it to their face, and we don't have many players I'd count as cowards in the FR Mafia Community.
@Nerasis

In regards to Rule 1: I DID heed your warning. I apologized or my rash behavior and decided to follow the new rule you had apparently just made up out of the blue. Nevertheless, you kicked me out.

In regards to Rules 2 and 5: I always add the game to my page when I die. It's not like anyone's checking my page for updates.

In regards to Rule 3: Well... You can't say I didn't apologize.

You sure have an odd way to try to make me notice that I 'hurt others'. It definitely didn't work. Maybe it works for other people; who knows. All you did was insult me.

... Again, I didn't know it was illegal. I just had no interest in my so-called teammates treating me like the sacrificial lamb without consulting me first.

I'm still pretty sure that no one ever really said anything like that about me. Only a coward talks about people behind their backs and is afraid to say it to their face, and we don't have many players I'd count as cowards in the FR Mafia Community.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
@Silvernight104 @Agrina @Winterreise

Glad you all liked the jokes! :D
@Silvernight104 @Agrina @Winterreise

Glad you all liked the jokes! :D
5511.png tumblr_inline_n6kdvu56Os1qlye38.gif6073.png
@MagykalWagykal
It was already too late by the time you apologised - I had already made the decision to kick you out by that point.

You never know who could check your page, that's the thing. It's public, meaning that it's possible everyone in the world could see it. You should never add any information to your page that might influence the game(Your role, alignment, whether you won or lost) until after the game has finished.

Everything I said was true - it was supposed to be constructive criticism. If you're insulted by that, then maybe change so that the things you perceived as being "insulting" don't apply to you anymore.

If you had a problem with it you should have asked them to explain why they were doing it. If everyone on the thread is suspecting you already, then them defending you will only bring them down with you. If you suspected that they were trying to get you killed when they didn't actually need to, for personal/non game related reasons, you could have consulted me on the matter rather than making them feel uncomfortable.

"Only a coward talks about people behind their backs and is afraid to say it to their face"
For one, that's a very broad generalisation. You can't expect that everyone who does something does so for the same reasons. Mediation is a very valid thing. Look at courts, for example - the defence attorney displays their case against the prosecutor rather than those directly involved in the case having a shouting match.

People have seen the way you lash out at people - the way you've been acting towards me, and the way you acted during the game and in other games - and they don't want to be treated that way so they don't say anything. It's perfectly reasonable. Most people don't actually want to incite conflict or get into an argument with you, so they decide not to tell you their feelings directly, and instead express their feelings in a safe environment. You are actually somewhat aggressive, you know, and that can be quite scary to some people.
@MagykalWagykal
It was already too late by the time you apologised - I had already made the decision to kick you out by that point.

You never know who could check your page, that's the thing. It's public, meaning that it's possible everyone in the world could see it. You should never add any information to your page that might influence the game(Your role, alignment, whether you won or lost) until after the game has finished.

Everything I said was true - it was supposed to be constructive criticism. If you're insulted by that, then maybe change so that the things you perceived as being "insulting" don't apply to you anymore.

If you had a problem with it you should have asked them to explain why they were doing it. If everyone on the thread is suspecting you already, then them defending you will only bring them down with you. If you suspected that they were trying to get you killed when they didn't actually need to, for personal/non game related reasons, you could have consulted me on the matter rather than making them feel uncomfortable.

"Only a coward talks about people behind their backs and is afraid to say it to their face"
For one, that's a very broad generalisation. You can't expect that everyone who does something does so for the same reasons. Mediation is a very valid thing. Look at courts, for example - the defence attorney displays their case against the prosecutor rather than those directly involved in the case having a shouting match.

People have seen the way you lash out at people - the way you've been acting towards me, and the way you acted during the game and in other games - and they don't want to be treated that way so they don't say anything. It's perfectly reasonable. Most people don't actually want to incite conflict or get into an argument with you, so they decide not to tell you their feelings directly, and instead express their feelings in a safe environment. You are actually somewhat aggressive, you know, and that can be quite scary to some people.
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152