Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | Spy's Venom - Discussion Thread
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152
I need to step in here for a minute.

@MagykalWagykal
Hello! I was the spy. We didn't really interact a whole lot, I know, because I spent a lot of time lurking around in the beginning.

That being said.

I did watch what went down in your mafia quickchat. I did see what went down in this thread with you and the rest of your teammates. What your teammates wanted to do was perfectly reasonable and rational, you know--you were acting extremely suspicious, and any member of the mafia is going to want to avoid that. Of course your teammates were going to be 'throwing you under the bus'--at that point you had basically laid down in front of the bus yourself. Don't blame them for wanting to win the game, and stop blaming Nerasis for being, apparently, a terrible person.

Because he's not and you're taking this far too personally.

Nerasis is a delightful mod who planned a spectacular game. He is also a fantastic person and friend who put in a ton of effort to make this game as enjoyable for everyone as possible. You, by outing your fellow mafia, were about to ruin all of that. That's game breaking, very rude to your fellow teammates who were trying to help you, and extremely detrimental to a lovely game. Not only would you have ruined the fun for your fellow mafia teammates, but you also would have ruined the game for the rest of the players, who actually do need to not always know who the mafia are in order to have fun. That's kind of the point, actually--not knowing right away who's mafia and who's not adds such a fun element of mystery and suspense.

This game is over, though, so there's really nothing more that can be done. It's time to move on and play the next game, and hopefully take this game and what happened as a learning experience so that the next game you play can be fun for both you and your teammates--town, mafia, or otherwise.

I don't dislike you, and I don't want this to come across as that at all--but I do need to say something here, because by taking this as personally as you are you're really hurting someone who was only trying to make a game good for everyone. You need to respect their decision and their choice as a choice that was made for the good of everyone in the game, and not because of a personal vendetta that you think they may have against you.

...On a completely separate note, hey! Game over! Congratulations, winners!

@MagykalWagykal
Hello! I was the spy. We didn't really interact a whole lot, I know, because I spent a lot of time lurking around in the beginning.

That being said.

I did watch what went down in your mafia quickchat. I did see what went down in this thread with you and the rest of your teammates. What your teammates wanted to do was perfectly reasonable and rational, you know--you were acting extremely suspicious, and any member of the mafia is going to want to avoid that. Of course your teammates were going to be 'throwing you under the bus'--at that point you had basically laid down in front of the bus yourself. Don't blame them for wanting to win the game, and stop blaming Nerasis for being, apparently, a terrible person.

Nerasis is a delightful mod who planned a spectacular game. He is also a fantastic person and friend who put in a ton of effort to make this game as enjoyable for everyone as possible. You, by outing your fellow mafia, were about to ruin all of that. That's game breaking, very rude to your fellow teammates who were trying to help you, and extremely detrimental to a lovely game. Not only would you have ruined the fun for your fellow mafia teammates, but you also would have ruined the game for the rest of the players, who actually do need to not always know who the mafia are in order to have fun. That's kind of the point, actually--not knowing right away who's mafia and who's not adds such a fun element of mystery and suspense.

This game is over, though, so there's really nothing more that can be done. It's time to move on and play the next game, and hopefully take this game and what happened as a learning experience so that the next game you play can be fun for both you and your teammates--town, mafia, or otherwise.

I don't dislike you, and I don't want this to come across as that at all--but I do need to say something here, because by taking this as personally as you are you're really hurting someone who was only trying to make a game good for everyone. You need to respect their decision and their choice as a choice that was made for the good of everyone in the game, and not because of a personal vendetta that you think they may have against you.

@Nerasis

Whatever. It's not like you specifically asked me not to post it on my page. I had no way of knowing you cared.

'Constructive criticism' - Ha. Well, here's a lesson for you: Most people don't like being criticized, and instead of helping them change, it just makes them angry. I mean, do YOU seriously like it when people point out something wrong with you in a mean way and expect you to change it?

Oh, please. I take care of my own problems. Bringing other people in never helps anything. You want something done right, you have to do it yourself. And again, I didn't know it was illegal. It's not like anyone ever told me that.

That is NOT the same thing. In a trial, both parties know the accusations against them, and can hire lawyers accordingly. Talking behind people's back, however? That is a prime example of cowardice.

They don't want to get into a an argument with me, so instead, they choose to gossip behind my back. What a wise decision. I still don't completely believe you.
@Nerasis

Whatever. It's not like you specifically asked me not to post it on my page. I had no way of knowing you cared.

'Constructive criticism' - Ha. Well, here's a lesson for you: Most people don't like being criticized, and instead of helping them change, it just makes them angry. I mean, do YOU seriously like it when people point out something wrong with you in a mean way and expect you to change it?

Oh, please. I take care of my own problems. Bringing other people in never helps anything. You want something done right, you have to do it yourself. And again, I didn't know it was illegal. It's not like anyone ever told me that.

That is NOT the same thing. In a trial, both parties know the accusations against them, and can hire lawyers accordingly. Talking behind people's back, however? That is a prime example of cowardice.

They don't want to get into a an argument with me, so instead, they choose to gossip behind my back. What a wise decision. I still don't completely believe you.
16if4Z5.pngENTP- True Neutral- she/her- +3 FR time
[quote name="Crowlich" date=2017-03-21 22:24:06] I need to step in here for a minute. MagykalWagykal Hello! I was the spy. We didn't really interact a whole lot, I know, because I spent a lot of time lurking around in the beginning. That being said. I did watch what went down in your mafia quickchat. I did see what went down in this thread with you and the rest of your teammates. What your teammates wanted to do was perfectly reasonable and rational, you know--you were acting extremely suspicious, and any member of the mafia is going to want to avoid that. Of course your teammates were going to be 'throwing you under the bus'--at that point you had basically laid down in front of the bus yourself. Don't blame them for wanting to win the game, and stop blaming Nerasis for being, apparently, a terrible person. Because he's not and you're taking this far too personally. Nerasis is a delightful mod who planned a spectacular game. He is also a fantastic person and friend who put in a ton of effort to make this game as enjoyable for everyone as possible. You, by outing your fellow mafia, were about to ruin all of that. That's game breaking, very rude to your fellow teammates who were trying to help you, and extremely detrimental to a lovely game. Not only would you have ruined the fun for your fellow mafia teammates, but you also would have ruined the game for the rest of the players, who actually do need to not always know who the mafia are in order to have fun. That's kind of the point, actually--not knowing right away who's mafia and who's not adds such a fun element of mystery and suspense. This game is over, though, so there's really nothing more that can be done. It's time to move on and play the next game, and hopefully take this game and what happened as a learning experience so that the next game you play can be fun for both you and your teammates--town, mafia, or otherwise. I don't dislike you, and I don't want this to come across as that at all--but I do need to say something here, because by taking this as personally as you are you're really hurting someone who was only trying to make a game good for everyone. You need to respect their decision and their choice as a choice that was made for the good of everyone in the game, and not because of a personal vendetta that you think they may have against you. ...On a completely separate note, hey! Game over! Congratulations, winners! [/quote] Stay out of this, @Crowlich. I got over the actual 'throwing under the bus thing' a while ago. I like you as a player and all, but you didn't see that PM. I'll count him as a 'delightful mod' or a 'fantastic person or friend' when I hear him apologize and [i]actually mean it[/i], when I see him make an effort to understand me, when he acknowledges the fact that he hurt me with more than cold statement, and when he quits gossiping about other players like me with his so-called friends. Oh, and when pigs fly, too, while I'm at it with all the impossible things.
Crowlich wrote on 2017-03-21:

MagykalWagykal

That being said.

Stay out of this, @Crowlich. I got over the actual 'throwing under the bus thing' a while ago. I like you as a player and all, but you didn't see that PM. I'll count him as a 'delightful mod' or a 'fantastic person or friend' when I hear him apologize and actually mean it, when I see him make an effort to understand me, when he acknowledges the fact that he hurt me with more than cold statement, and when he quits gossiping about other players like me with his so-called friends. Oh, and when pigs fly, too, while I'm at it with all the impossible things.
@MagykalWagykal
I shouldn't have needed to even ask... If you had read the rules(which all players were supposed to do before even signing up) then you would have seen that Rule 2 said not to talk about the game anywhere unless I'd said it was okay to do so there beforehand. That stays in effect until the game finishes, not until you die/are removed.

Actually, yes - I'd rather know that I'm doing something wrong so I can try to change it, even if it's something that isn't nice to hear. If you ignore advice when someone is trying to help you - even if they may have been rude in the process - you will never be able to learn or grow as a person.

You're not supposed to try to fix everything yourself, though. If you have a small problem, sure, try to talk it out with other people involved - but if it's a big problem and you're getting angry about it, it's generally always better to talk to someone in charge so you can avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

It's still fundamentally the same thing, since in both situations you get another person to speak on your behalf. I suppose this comes down to perspective though, so if you see it that way then fine -we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't really care if you believe me or not. I know I'm telling the truth and so do my friends, and that's all that matters.

In regards to what you said to Crowlich... Yes, he did actually see the PM. I have apologised for my tone in the PM I sent - it was wrong of me to let my emotions get the better of me like that while I was in a position of power as a mod. I've been trying to understand you, but understanding is a two way street - you don't seem to be making any effort to try to understand me in return, and you seem to view several aspects of life in fundamentally different ways to me so it's hard for me to get a feel for your actual personality underneath that.
@MagykalWagykal
I shouldn't have needed to even ask... If you had read the rules(which all players were supposed to do before even signing up) then you would have seen that Rule 2 said not to talk about the game anywhere unless I'd said it was okay to do so there beforehand. That stays in effect until the game finishes, not until you die/are removed.

Actually, yes - I'd rather know that I'm doing something wrong so I can try to change it, even if it's something that isn't nice to hear. If you ignore advice when someone is trying to help you - even if they may have been rude in the process - you will never be able to learn or grow as a person.

You're not supposed to try to fix everything yourself, though. If you have a small problem, sure, try to talk it out with other people involved - but if it's a big problem and you're getting angry about it, it's generally always better to talk to someone in charge so you can avoid hurting anyone's feelings.

It's still fundamentally the same thing, since in both situations you get another person to speak on your behalf. I suppose this comes down to perspective though, so if you see it that way then fine -we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I don't really care if you believe me or not. I know I'm telling the truth and so do my friends, and that's all that matters.

In regards to what you said to Crowlich... Yes, he did actually see the PM. I have apologised for my tone in the PM I sent - it was wrong of me to let my emotions get the better of me like that while I was in a position of power as a mod. I've been trying to understand you, but understanding is a two way street - you don't seem to be making any effort to try to understand me in return, and you seem to view several aspects of life in fundamentally different ways to me so it's hard for me to get a feel for your actual personality underneath that.
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
@Nerasis

Whatever. I had a really nice, long post to respond to you, but then my computer died and deleted the whole thing. I really hate when I does that. Dx But anyways, after that, I realized that maybe (just *maybe*) I might've been a bit of a jerk to you. Not that you were nice to me, but your behavior is definitely no excuse for mine.

I've been angry about this for far too long, about something that wasn't even all that important. Was my pride hurt? Yes. Was my pride worth starting World War Three over? Not in this case, no. I take my pride and my honor very seriously. xD VERY seriously. But you had no way of knowing that at the beginning of the game, and you were angry, just like me. You probably didn't even mean what you said, but when I confronted you about it, there was no way you were going to back down. We're actually kind of similar in that sense.

So I guess this is an apology. Kind of. It is by no means a WEAK apology, or a 'giving up' apology, or something you can laugh over and be like, 'Hahaha, I won'. Yes, I'm admitting that some of it (okay, most of it) is my fault. So congratulations. The point is, if I had been you and you had been me, I probably would've acted the same. If I felt like someone was threatening my Mafia game, I would've gotten really angry. I wouldn't have sent them a PM saying stuff like that (talking behind people's backs- VERY dishonorable in my opinion, and a strict violation of the Codes I follow), but I can guarantee it would've included some digital yelling and the word 'jerk' at least four times. xD I'm not entirely sure which is better, but seeing as I would've done about the same thing, I could argue until I'm blue in the face, but I'd still be a hypocrite.

My sincerest apologies for all the stress I've put you through. Next time, I'll memorize the rules so I don't forget anything. :P Maybe you could (very politely) teach me what kind of plot twists are and aren't acceptable in a Mafia game? :) I could certainly benefit from that. Maybe even some day, after Wings of Fire and Divine Idol are over, we could attempt to run a Mafia game together. From here on out, I won't judge you for this. So, be happy- You're no longer MagykalWagykal Public Enemy Number One!

Looking back on it, I'm even kind of glad you kicked me out. Instead of me getting lynched the next day anyways, or whatever would've happened, Journey managed to do all that cool stuff! Crowlich, despite obvious bias towards one side of the argument, was right about one thing, I guess: I'm sick of fighting. Truce? :)
@Nerasis

Whatever. I had a really nice, long post to respond to you, but then my computer died and deleted the whole thing. I really hate when I does that. Dx But anyways, after that, I realized that maybe (just *maybe*) I might've been a bit of a jerk to you. Not that you were nice to me, but your behavior is definitely no excuse for mine.

I've been angry about this for far too long, about something that wasn't even all that important. Was my pride hurt? Yes. Was my pride worth starting World War Three over? Not in this case, no. I take my pride and my honor very seriously. xD VERY seriously. But you had no way of knowing that at the beginning of the game, and you were angry, just like me. You probably didn't even mean what you said, but when I confronted you about it, there was no way you were going to back down. We're actually kind of similar in that sense.

So I guess this is an apology. Kind of. It is by no means a WEAK apology, or a 'giving up' apology, or something you can laugh over and be like, 'Hahaha, I won'. Yes, I'm admitting that some of it (okay, most of it) is my fault. So congratulations. The point is, if I had been you and you had been me, I probably would've acted the same. If I felt like someone was threatening my Mafia game, I would've gotten really angry. I wouldn't have sent them a PM saying stuff like that (talking behind people's backs- VERY dishonorable in my opinion, and a strict violation of the Codes I follow), but I can guarantee it would've included some digital yelling and the word 'jerk' at least four times. xD I'm not entirely sure which is better, but seeing as I would've done about the same thing, I could argue until I'm blue in the face, but I'd still be a hypocrite.

My sincerest apologies for all the stress I've put you through. Next time, I'll memorize the rules so I don't forget anything. :P Maybe you could (very politely) teach me what kind of plot twists are and aren't acceptable in a Mafia game? :) I could certainly benefit from that. Maybe even some day, after Wings of Fire and Divine Idol are over, we could attempt to run a Mafia game together. From here on out, I won't judge you for this. So, be happy- You're no longer MagykalWagykal Public Enemy Number One!

Looking back on it, I'm even kind of glad you kicked me out. Instead of me getting lynched the next day anyways, or whatever would've happened, Journey managed to do all that cool stuff! Crowlich, despite obvious bias towards one side of the argument, was right about one thing, I guess: I'm sick of fighting. Truce? :)
@MagykalWagykal
Apology accepted! I'm definitely sick of fighting too, so - a truce sounds good :)
@MagykalWagykal
Apology accepted! I'm definitely sick of fighting too, so - a truce sounds good :)
lWvX6Aw.pngsz7fHQI.png participation_badge_by_kaykitty1405-dazky1b.png
@Nerasis

:) See you next Mafia game, then. xD
@Nerasis

[quote name="@MagykalWagykal" date=2017-03-26 14:40:29] @ Nerasis :) See you next Mafia game, then. xD [/quote] Just, plez. Try to prevent being lynched or killed D1 or N1, gosh. :/
@MagykalWagykal wrote on 2017-03-26:
@ Nerasis

Just, plez.
Try to prevent being lynched or killed D1 or N1, gosh. :/
Agrina/ Lena, she/ her pronouns, FR +0
ghostly_aura_by_dogi_crimson-da52936.gif tririddlebadge21_by_dragoonwys-dazbx1q.png
@Agrina

Who, me? *smiles innocently*

Also, it's not like I WANT to die. xD
@Agrina

Who, me? *smiles innocently*

Also, it's not like I WANT to die. xD
1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152