Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 103 104
[quote][center][b]DAY ONE[/b][/center] We set off into Snowspire Caverns. Our guide had a bit of a hiccup getting us there, but we arrived and bid him a safe flight back. Virus was too excited that he rushed right in, that silly spiral. Our adventure had begun. But fate had decided to test us; it seems that we children who serve the Plaguebringer so faithfully had a bit of trouble today. Though I warned the team not to cross a path where the ground seemed faulty, their curiosity got the better of them. It was only by Virus' quick stabilization that the spiral was able to fly us to safety. Our way back was blocked. The only way to go was into the trench below. And so we set out, deep into the dark of the trench. The bottom was dark, the ground uneven, but we made our camp. Tomorrow we will see where our journey leads us. [center][size=6][font=Papyrus]Lavender[/font][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=25136716][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/251368/25136716.png[/img][/url][/center][/quote]
Quote:
DAY ONE

We set off into Snowspire Caverns. Our guide had a bit of a hiccup getting us there, but we arrived and bid him a safe flight back. Virus was too excited that he rushed right in, that silly spiral. Our adventure had begun.

But fate had decided to test us; it seems that we children who serve the Plaguebringer so faithfully had a bit of trouble today. Though I warned the team not to cross a path where the ground seemed faulty, their curiosity got the better of them. It was only by Virus' quick stabilization that the spiral was able to fly us to safety. Our way back was blocked. The only way to go was into the trench below.

And so we set out, deep into the dark of the trench. The bottom was dark, the ground uneven, but we made our camp. Tomorrow we will see where our journey leads us.

Lavender

25136716.png
xyzayne1.png
XYZayne
he/him, fr+2
xyzayne2.png
Here my log day 1 for everyone to see Thank you squidragon! I love my log XD worth the wait ! [quote=Day 1 Rockfall]After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, SechBellza, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.' As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on. When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter. Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave. The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of SechBellza would go. Erza had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together. And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Bella stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible. Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench. Fortunately, Sechskies, ice pick at the ready, was quickly able to fasten his hook to the nearest rock wall and grab on to his companions while the floor that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness below. Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Erza nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. However, just moments before landing at the bottom, she clipped her wing on a stone archway, sending her spiraling down into the rocks below. Sechskies used his knowledge of first aid to tend to the wounds, leaving Erza patched up and ready to continue on. Tired and bruised after the long descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.[/quote] Silly Harold XD Good thing Sechskies know first aid!
Here my log day 1 for everyone to see

Thank you squidragon! I love my log XD worth the wait !
Day 1 Rockfall wrote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, SechBellza, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of SechBellza would go. Erza had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

And so, we walked and walked and walked.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Bella stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Fortunately, Sechskies, ice pick at the ready, was quickly able to fasten his hook to the nearest rock wall and grab on to his companions while the floor that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness below.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Erza nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. However, just moments before landing at the bottom, she clipped her wing on a stone archway, sending her spiraling down into the rocks below.

Sechskies used his knowledge of first aid to tend to the wounds, leaving Erza patched up and ready to continue on.

Tired and bruised after the long descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

Silly Harold XD
Good thing Sechskies know first aid!
wBOpmxj.png
Mine was similar to everyone else's - though Anya can climb like a pro which saved us!! Zalaph was 100% the dragon to be like 'maybe we SHOULDN'T go across unstable ground' to which Anya simply replies: 'but shinies >:3c ' [quote=] After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, The Jolly Rodgers, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.' As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on. When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter. Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave. The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of The Jolly Rodgers would go. Illyria had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together. And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Illyria stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible. Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench. Fortunately, Anya was able to quickly grab on to the nearest stable wall, clutching her companions and climbing back atop the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness. Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Anya, confident that she could easily climb down to the bottom, led the way, jumping between pillars of ice and clinging to the jagged rock edges. With her guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed. By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.[/quote]
Mine was similar to everyone else's - though Anya can climb like a pro which saved us!!

Zalaph was 100% the dragon to be like 'maybe we SHOULDN'T go across unstable ground'
to which Anya simply replies: 'but shinies >:3c '
wrote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, The Jolly Rodgers, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of The Jolly Rodgers would go. Illyria had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Illyria stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Fortunately, Anya was able to quickly grab on to the nearest stable wall, clutching her companions and climbing back atop the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Anya, confident that she could easily climb down to the bottom, led the way, jumping between pillars of ice and clinging to the jagged rock edges. With her guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
rzg1Qcq.gifNCH5NC0.gifLf9R3i1.gifoeuWTi1.gifLQV7pRJ.gif73cpnYH.gif
This was really entertaining to read!
First Day, no injuries and they somehow organized themselves? Im proud of my girls
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Sanaik, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Sanaik would go. Sabila had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Valkin stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she pressed her claws to the earth: 'I can feel a deep trench below and the floor here is thin. If we continue on, it may collapse beneath us.'

Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench.

Looking to the group and nodding, Valkin whispered her spell, creating a staircase of stone along the cliff's edge as we walked down into the trench.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
im a little bit tired today, but tomorrow will surely rp the response ^^
This was really entertaining to read!
First Day, no injuries and they somehow organized themselves? Im proud of my girls
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Sanaik, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Sanaik would go. Sabila had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Valkin stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she pressed her claws to the earth: 'I can feel a deep trench below and the floor here is thin. If we continue on, it may collapse beneath us.'

Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench.

Looking to the group and nodding, Valkin whispered her spell, creating a staircase of stone along the cliff's edge as we walked down into the trench.

im a little bit tired today, but tomorrow will surely rp the response ^^
MCXC90a.png
she/her- Fr +5 - Games / Events entusiast
Familiars in Flames & Lava cookies

oAk80j4.png
I am not a creature that was born.
I am a fire that was set
P8RQZqQ.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/3HXvLsS.gif[br][/img][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_2078744][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center]
3HXvLsS.gif
tvbcGte.png
vKdEoyf.png
[quote name="Undermom" date=2017-01-24 19:18:05] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/3HXvLsS.gif[br][/img][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_2078744][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] dividedAnimus used a pokeball!
Undermom wrote on 2017-01-24:
3HXvLsS.gif
tvbcGte.png
dividedAnimus used a pokeball!
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
[quote name="@Undermom" date=2017-01-24 19:18:05] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/3HXvLsS.gif[br][/img][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_2078744][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] Katsuokai used a pokeball!
@Undermom wrote on 2017-01-24:
3HXvLsS.gif
tvbcGte.png

Katsuokai used a pokeball!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
[quote name="@Undermom" date=2017-01-24 19:18:05] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/3HXvLsS.gif[br][/img][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_2078744][img]http://i.imgur.com/tvbcGte.png[/img][/url][/center] [/quote] Achiem used a Pokeball
@Undermom wrote on 2017-01-24:
3HXvLsS.gif
tvbcGte.png

Achiem used a Pokeball
[center][img]http://imgur.com/sigiZSL.gif[/img][br][img]http://i.imgur.com/Hna9Duz.png[/img][br]Unown Z has been transferred to @Katsuokai's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2078744#post_24698966]PC.[/url][/center]
sigiZSL.gif
Hna9Duz.png
Unown Z has been transferred to @Katsuokai's PC.
vKdEoyf.png
It's so cool to see how different everyone's logs are! One of my dragons has arcane magic so he just made stairs for everyone to climb down ;w ;
It's so cool to see how different everyone's logs are! One of my dragons has arcane magic so he just made stairs for everyone to climb down ;w ;
WMCEgD8.pngBBbdtM7.gif9NebY9Q.gifECIFNWP.png
1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 103 104