Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 103 104
excite!
excite!
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/202352/20235107.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/216162/21616110.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/255785/25578478.png[/img][/center] [center][size=5]Log of Team Mercury, Day 1[/size] [i]From Aisling; to be sent to Commander Berenice and Matriarch Enya[/i][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/JTgxZzP.png[/img][/center] [b][09:34][/b] [indent]I am already weary. We set out at dawn 3 days ago. The wind is cold and biting on the ground; it is worse so high up in the sky. For me, at least, as well as Leone, we are large and can cover leagues in no time. Mazin keeps up fairly well. Our guide, however--a tiny blue fae named Harold who is surprisingly emotive for his monotone species--is slow. It's not his fault, I know. He is not even the size of my paw. But it is a frustrating experience to be forced to fly slowly when I know the burn of sore muscles would keep me warm and alone we could have reached our destination in no time. He also got us lost. Or so he thought. It turns out we were going the right direction the entire time. It... worries me that we must put our faith in someone who cannot even find the [i]entrance[/i] of the cave we are to be entering.[/indent] [b][11:04][/b] [indent]We have entered the cave. If you need to find us, simply look for the weathered sign before the gaping mouth of a cave that reads: [b]"Don't."[/b] I think you can surmise what it's telling us not to do.[/indent] [b][12:00][/b] [indent]We have found several new species of bats that Leone swears are unique. They all look the same to me. I am sending samples back to you with this log. (Not to question your decisions, but--are you certain Mazin is a scientist? I'm positive I saw him [i]eat[/i] a few of our samples.)[/indent] [b][14:27][/b] [indent]I appear to have fallen into the role of mediator. Just as well. It's why I agreed to come along, after all. Leone wants riches and glory, Mazin wants... science? I never have really understand that Skydancer. And I want to keep my clanmates alive.[/indent] [b][17:13][/b] [indent]Right, left, straight, left, left, right, right, straight, right.[/indent] [b][21:42][/b] [indent]We have made our camp for the night. We reached the base of the trench with few problems. To my surprise, Leone was the one to err on the side of caution when the ground became loose. It turns out having someone well-versed in all things natural can be useful. I admit I would not have been able to tell if the ground was unstable or simply the dirt. If you come after us, try to reach a giant trench. It is buried deep within the caves and navigating our ways down it felt like descending to the center of the earth. Luckily, I am quite good at flying. Finding our way to the bottom was not a problem. More tomorrow. For now, sleep.[/indent] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/JTgxZzP.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Samples[/b] [item=nightwing bat][item=brown bat][item=lead ore][/center] [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/JTgxZzP.png[/img][/center] "Can't sleep, princess?" Aisling glances up from her report, pen stilling halfway through a word. "I've asked you not to call me that," she replies smoothly, giving Leone a once over. The other Imperial grins at her, half-smile on his face as if he has suddenly remembered a very funny joke. The scar over his missing eye crinkles as he chuckles at her response. "I can't help it. You [i]are[/i] a princess. I'm trying to be respectful," he says with a wink that makes Aisling roll her eyes as a smile threatens to play on her lips. Leone spreads his bright orange wings and shimmies off his wing guards. He sets his staff and hat next to them but leaves his armor on as he curls up next to her. Aisling wonders if he might be as unnerved as she is down here. Nothing feels quite safe, even though they have yet to encounter any [i]real[/i] danger. She shifts her sword, feeling the comforting weight of it press down on her waist. Even if the bright rapier is far more for show than action, little more than a symbol of her status, knowing it is there helps. "What are you doing, anyway?" Leone asks with a yawn, curling into a ball with his tail tucked over his snout. His eye watches her, curious. "Writing a log to send back to Commander Berenice and Enya," Aisling tells him. She can't keep herself from grinning when Leone makes a face. "The commander creeps me out," he complains. "You know they say her scales are stained red with the blood of the dragons she's killed?" "How would she ever have killed that many dragons?" Leone makes a shuffling motion that Aisling thinks is a tired shrug. "You should sleep," he says after a moment. As if to punctuate this, Mazin, dead asleep a few yards away, gives a loud snort and rolls onto his back, his feet kicking at the air. "...he has the right idea for once," Leone mutters and Aisling just shakes her head. "I'm almost finished. You sleep first. You seem to be barely awake as it is. I can take first watch." "I'm awake," Leone yawns, but his eyelids are heavy. "A princess... shouldn't have... to take... first..." Aisling lifts a brow and prods the other Imperial, lightly at first then with more strength. "Asleep in the middle of a sentence," she murmurs to herself. With a yawn, she reaches out to pull his cloak to cover him better, and he shifts contentedly beneath it. She turns to face the entrance and settles in for first watch. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/JTgxZzP.png[/img][/center] @squidragon This is super fun!! I'm loving seeing the stuff other people are posting.
20235107.png21616110.png25578478.png
Log of Team Mercury, Day 1

From Aisling; to be sent to Commander Berenice and Matriarch Enya
JTgxZzP.png

[09:34]

I am already weary.

We set out at dawn 3 days ago. The wind is cold and biting on the ground; it is worse so high up in the sky. For me, at least, as well as Leone, we are large and can cover leagues in no time. Mazin keeps up fairly well. Our guide, however--a tiny blue fae named Harold who is surprisingly emotive for his monotone species--is slow. It's not his fault, I know. He is not even the size of my paw. But it is a frustrating experience to be forced to fly slowly when I know the burn of sore muscles would keep me warm and alone we could have reached our destination in no time.

He also got us lost. Or so he thought. It turns out we were going the right direction the entire time. It... worries me that we must put our faith in someone who cannot even find the entrance of the cave we are to be entering.

[11:04]

We have entered the cave.

If you need to find us, simply look for the weathered sign before the gaping mouth of a cave that reads: "Don't."

I think you can surmise what it's telling us not to do.

[12:00]

We have found several new species of bats that Leone swears are unique. They all look the same to me. I am sending samples back to you with this log.

(Not to question your decisions, but--are you certain Mazin is a scientist? I'm positive I saw him eat a few of our samples.)

[14:27]

I appear to have fallen into the role of mediator.

Just as well. It's why I agreed to come along, after all. Leone wants riches and glory, Mazin wants... science? I never have really understand that Skydancer. And I want to keep my clanmates alive.

[17:13]

Right, left, straight, left, left, right, right, straight, right.

[21:42]

We have made our camp for the night. We reached the base of the trench with few problems. To my surprise, Leone was the one to err on the side of caution when the ground became loose. It turns out having someone well-versed in all things natural can be useful. I admit I would not have been able to tell if the ground was unstable or simply the dirt.

If you come after us, try to reach a giant trench. It is buried deep within the caves and navigating our ways down it felt like descending to the center of the earth. Luckily, I am quite good at flying. Finding our way to the bottom was not a problem.

More tomorrow. For now, sleep.
JTgxZzP.png
Samples

Nightwing Bat Brown Bat Lead Ore
JTgxZzP.png

"Can't sleep, princess?"

Aisling glances up from her report, pen stilling halfway through a word. "I've asked you not to call me that," she replies smoothly, giving Leone a once over. The other Imperial grins at her, half-smile on his face as if he has suddenly remembered a very funny joke. The scar over his missing eye crinkles as he chuckles at her response.

"I can't help it. You are a princess. I'm trying to be respectful," he says with a wink that makes Aisling roll her eyes as a smile threatens to play on her lips. Leone spreads his bright orange wings and shimmies off his wing guards. He sets his staff and hat next to them but leaves his armor on as he curls up next to her.

Aisling wonders if he might be as unnerved as she is down here. Nothing feels quite safe, even though they have yet to encounter any real danger. She shifts her sword, feeling the comforting weight of it press down on her waist. Even if the bright rapier is far more for show than action, little more than a symbol of her status, knowing it is there helps.

"What are you doing, anyway?" Leone asks with a yawn, curling into a ball with his tail tucked over his snout. His eye watches her, curious.

"Writing a log to send back to Commander Berenice and Enya," Aisling tells him. She can't keep herself from grinning when Leone makes a face.

"The commander creeps me out," he complains. "You know they say her scales are stained red with the blood of the dragons she's killed?"

"How would she ever have killed that many dragons?"

Leone makes a shuffling motion that Aisling thinks is a tired shrug. "You should sleep," he says after a moment. As if to punctuate this, Mazin, dead asleep a few yards away, gives a loud snort and rolls onto his back, his feet kicking at the air. "...he has the right idea for once," Leone mutters and Aisling just shakes her head.

"I'm almost finished. You sleep first. You seem to be barely awake as it is. I can take first watch."

"I'm awake," Leone yawns, but his eyelids are heavy. "A princess... shouldn't have... to take... first..."

Aisling lifts a brow and prods the other Imperial, lightly at first then with more strength. "Asleep in the middle of a sentence," she murmurs to herself. With a yawn, she reaches out to pull his cloak to cover him better, and he shifts contentedly beneath it. She turns to face the entrance and settles in for first watch.
JTgxZzP.png

@squidragon This is super fun!! I'm loving seeing the stuff other people are posting.
iAEvMIm.png ♦ Vic
♦ They/Them
♦ Lore Clan
♦ Icicle
pf0ulPV.gifqxgptV4.gifE36y0uf.gif985Rc6Q.gif
Oh wow, the message was a lot longer than I expected! Can't see what happens next.
Oh wow, the message was a lot longer than I expected! Can't see what happens next.
poor thing... needs to update his forum signature and hasn't yet. oh well!
omg this game is so much more amazing than I imagined :O
omg this game is so much more amazing than I imagined :O
MM82e8q.png
In case anyone's curious, here's my team's log (it's a doozy):

After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Subzero & Subsea Spelunkers, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Subzero & Subsea Spelunkers would go. Our group turned out to get along quite well together. For every decision, we took a vote and chose the option most favorable amongst the group.

And so, we walked and walked and walked.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Ivytangle stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Fortunately, Wysteriaclaw, ice pick at the ready, was quickly able to fasten her hook to the nearest rock wall and grab on to her companions while the floor that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness below.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Stoneflight nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. However, just moments before landing at the bottom, she clipped her wing on a stone archway, sending her spiraling down into the rocks below.

Wysteriaclaw tried to tend to the wounds, but was unable to do enough to spare Stoneflight from becoming incapacitated.

Tired and bruised after the long descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

Edit:
tl;dr: We went where we weren't supposed to, the rock nerds are rock nerds, the gigantic Imperial causes a rockfall, and the hunter alternatively saves us and then tries first aid.

Got some bats and a fossil though!
In case anyone's curious, here's my team's log (it's a doozy):

After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Subzero & Subsea Spelunkers, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Subzero & Subsea Spelunkers would go. Our group turned out to get along quite well together. For every decision, we took a vote and chose the option most favorable amongst the group.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Ivytangle stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Fortunately, Wysteriaclaw, ice pick at the ready, was quickly able to fasten her hook to the nearest rock wall and grab on to her companions while the floor that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness below.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Stoneflight nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. However, just moments before landing at the bottom, she clipped her wing on a stone archway, sending her spiraling down into the rocks below.

Wysteriaclaw tried to tend to the wounds, but was unable to do enough to spare Stoneflight from becoming incapacitated.

Tired and bruised after the long descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

Edit:
tl;dr: We went where we weren't supposed to, the rock nerds are rock nerds, the gigantic Imperial causes a rockfall, and the hunter alternatively saves us and then tries first aid.

Got some bats and a fossil though!
__water.gif
Plat • She/Any • FR+2 • Vistas: 124/135 • Avatar (likes?)
WaterDom DataSales TabG1 BargainsWishlist
Droplet • Active exalter • Lore writer • Space enthusiast
Please Ping • DragCaveDappervolkPCE • Discord

_NtwBtfW.png
Here's my team's first log!
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Clan Diamond Dust Explorers, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Clan Diamond Dust Explorers would go. Tron had come to be the leader of the team - his inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Selene stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she flicked out her tail and tapped the earth before us: 'I believe we may be on unstable grounds. I think it is best if we find another way.'

Fortunately, Tron was quick to react. Easily stabilizing himself mid-air, the pearlcatcher pulled his companions back to the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness.

Tron, confident that he could easily fly down to the bottom, led the way, weaving in and out between the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
Here's my team's first log!
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Clan Diamond Dust Explorers, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Clan Diamond Dust Explorers would go. Tron had come to be the leader of the team - his inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Selene stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she flicked out her tail and tapped the earth before us: 'I believe we may be on unstable grounds. I think it is best if we find another way.'

Fortunately, Tron was quick to react. Easily stabilizing himself mid-air, the pearlcatcher pulled his companions back to the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness.

Tron, confident that he could easily fly down to the bottom, led the way, weaving in and out between the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
This is absolutely amazing and so worth the wait!! Thank you @squidragon! Here is my team's log for anyone interested in the results! I had a flier and a climber so I got lucky. :D [quote]After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Two and a half [s]women[/s] fighters, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.' As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on. When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter. Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave. The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Two and a half [s]women[/s] fighters would go. Brynna had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together. And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Brynna stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible. Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench. Fortunately, Quickflight was quick to react. Easily stabilizing herself mid-air, the guardian pulled her companions back to the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness. Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Terrence, confident that he could easily climb down to the bottom, led the way, jumping between pillars of ice and clinging to the jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed. By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.[/quote]
This is absolutely amazing and so worth the wait!! Thank you @squidragon!

Here is my team's log for anyone interested in the results! I had a flier and a climber so I got lucky. :D
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Two and a half women fighters, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Two and a half women fighters would go. Brynna had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Brynna stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

Fortunately, Quickflight was quick to react. Easily stabilizing herself mid-air, the guardian pulled her companions back to the cliff's edge while the rocks that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness.

Terrence, confident that he could easily climb down to the bottom, led the way, jumping between pillars of ice and clinging to the jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

ZION8ES.png
[b]Pretty much the same as everybody else but it was fun! Thanks for this, @squidragon ![/b] -After the events of Day 1- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27002339] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/270024/27002339.png[/img] [/url] "So, what do we got?" Ice turned to the rugged Tundra, taking note of the raised eyeridge. Cocking his own in return, he gestured to the objects on the ground before him. [center]__________ [item = Lead Ore] [item = Amber-trapped Mosquito] [item = Sea Scorpion Fossil] __________[/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26825174] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/268252/26825174.png[/img] [/url] "Such fascinating finds. The [item = Lead Ore] indicates past volcanic activity, that of which I have already hypothesized. When we return to our clan, I will extract the lead immediately for engineering purposes. The [item = Amber-trapped Mosquito] suggests of a wooded area, perhaps well fertilized by volcanic ash and such. The [item = Sea Scorpion Fossil], however, is entirely something else, something I have not considered. It is a sign that in some point in the past, this entire area has been submerged below sea level. Very peculiar...." [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27002339] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/270024/27002339.png[/img] [/url] "......so yer sayin' that there used to be a pretty active volcano here with a forest nearby, but it somehow sunk underwater?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26825174] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/268252/26825174.png[/img] [/url] "Correct. I must gather more data. These caverns have certainly piqued my interest." The Skydancer brought out a notepad from his satchel and flipped through it, murmuring something scientific every now and then. Sensing that the conversation was over, Purpureus moved over to his spot by the campfire. He passed Redbolt along the way. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27066396] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/270664/27066396.png[/img] [/url] "................good job." He nearly jumped at her mutter. He turned to her but she only looked away and spoke a little louder. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27066396] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/270664/27066396.png[/img] [/url] "About the rocky path. We could've fallen." He nodded mutely before turning back around, thankful that his fur could hide his slight fluster. Then he called over his shoulder and at her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27002339] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/270024/27002339.png[/img] [/url] "Thanks. You too with the climbin'." And he reached his spot, treading on it a bit more before settling down for some shut-eye. Looking back down at his notepad discretely, Ice smirked a little as he murmured to himself. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26825174] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/268252/26825174.png[/img] [/url] "I believe both [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26503719]Isavar[/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14786067]Cipher[/url] owe me some Treasure....." [s][b]Because I ship RedPurp and the entire clan has a betting pool for when they finally get together.[/b][/s]
Pretty much the same as everybody else but it was fun! Thanks for this, @squidragon !

-After the events of Day 1-

27002339.png

"So, what do we got?"

Ice turned to the rugged Tundra, taking note of the raised eyeridge. Cocking his own in return, he gestured to the objects on the ground before him.

26825174.png

"Such fascinating finds. The Lead Ore indicates past volcanic activity, that of which I have already hypothesized. When we return to our clan, I will extract the lead immediately for engineering purposes. The Amber-trapped Mosquito suggests of a wooded area, perhaps well fertilized by volcanic ash and such. The Sea Scorpion Fossil , however, is entirely something else, something I have not considered. It is a sign that in some point in the past, this entire area has been submerged below sea level. Very peculiar...."

27002339.png

"......so yer sayin' that there used to be a pretty active volcano here with a forest nearby, but it somehow sunk underwater?"

26825174.png

"Correct. I must gather more data. These caverns have certainly piqued my interest."

The Skydancer brought out a notepad from his satchel and flipped through it, murmuring something scientific every now and then. Sensing that the conversation was over, Purpureus moved over to his spot by the campfire. He passed Redbolt along the way.

27066396.png

"................good job."

He nearly jumped at her mutter. He turned to her but she only looked away and spoke a little louder.

27066396.png

"About the rocky path. We could've fallen."

He nodded mutely before turning back around, thankful that his fur could hide his slight fluster. Then he called over his shoulder and at her.

27002339.png

"Thanks. You too with the climbin'."

And he reached his spot, treading on it a bit more before settling down for some shut-eye. Looking back down at his notepad discretely, Ice smirked a little as he murmured to himself.

26825174.png

"I believe both Isavar and Cipher owe me some Treasure....."

Because I ship RedPurp and the entire clan has a betting pool for when they finally get together.
Is currently in anguish over two failed breeding projects orz And not having enough tunics to shame the culprits with
Loving this.

My first log was much like others, falling into the trench and finding bats. Thank you squidragon!
Loving this.

My first log was much like others, falling into the trench and finding bats. Thank you squidragon!
0mgcUEp.jpg
Sweet, I have some time to try this roleplaying stuff! ^-^ [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2089268/20#post_25114932][b]Team "Thrill-Seekers"[/b][/url] [i](Name chosen by the only thrill-seeker in the team)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/276456/27645527.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/256480/25647912.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/276456/27645528.png[/img][/center] [quote=Log - Day 1 - Rockfall]The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Thrill-Seekers would go. Vallan had come to be the leader of the team - his inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.[/quote] The two Faes progressed slowly as they stared in awe at what little wildlife they could see. Kay just observed with a big grin on her face, while Urvine took notes of everything. Vallan, however, was unimpressed by such common things, and nudged his way past his teammates to walk at a less boring pace. Kay immediately took the hint, and sped up to fly at Vallan's side, then looked back at Urvine expectantly. Urvine hastily jotted down a few more notes before flying faster to rejoin the team, fearing that they might leave him behind. He instead ended up in front of them, closely observing everything that he passed without stopping to take notes anymore so that he wouldn't slow down and irritate Vallan. [quote=Log - Day 1 - Rockfall]And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Urvine stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and gently touched the earth before his : 'This section of the cave is different from the others. It seems the ground beneath us may be hollow... and unstable. It may be best to seek another route.' Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Kay, confident that she could easily fly down to the bottom, led the way, weaving in and out between the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With her guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed. By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.[/quote] (I'm not sure if there's a typo or if there's a word missing, but I get the general meaning of the sentence. "... and gently touched the earth before his : ..." Maybe I forgot to add "him" to the pronouns?) Kay sat at the bottom of the trench, waiting as Vallan and Urvine carefully made their way down. She spoke while patting the ground, "You finally made it! I think this is the bottom." Vallan looked at her skeptically as he replied, "You [i]think[/i]? Is this the bottom or not?" "Um... I don't know." Kay faced the palms of her claws up and shrugged her shoulders. Urvine looked around and said, "Hmm, well the ground here seems sturdy enough. Perhaps we should set up camp and rest?" Vallan and Kay both nodded their heads in agreement. They hadn't gotten too tired, but it would be best to rest up fully, while they still had the chance, before venturing further into this dangerous cave. "Oh hey, bookworm. Here, take this." Vallan mumbled suddenly and put something into Urvine's claws. "You're still weak, but it seems you'll be at least a little helpful after all." Urvine's crest twitched with excitement upon receiving his new specimens, and he quickly went to sit down in a spot where he could examine them. [item=Brown Bat] Kay, watching the whole time, smiled when Vallan looked at her. He quickly turned his head away, exhaled sharply, and went to lie down.
Sweet, I have some time to try this roleplaying stuff! ^-^

Team "Thrill-Seekers"
(Name chosen by the only thrill-seeker in the team)
27645527.png25647912.png27645528.png
Log - Day 1 - Rockfall wrote:
The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Thrill-Seekers would go. Vallan had come to be the leader of the team - his inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

The two Faes progressed slowly as they stared in awe at what little wildlife they could see. Kay just observed with a big grin on her face, while Urvine took notes of everything. Vallan, however, was unimpressed by such common things, and nudged his way past his teammates to walk at a less boring pace. Kay immediately took the hint, and sped up to fly at Vallan's side, then looked back at Urvine expectantly. Urvine hastily jotted down a few more notes before flying faster to rejoin the team, fearing that they might leave him behind. He instead ended up in front of them, closely observing everything that he passed without stopping to take notes anymore so that he wouldn't slow down and irritate Vallan.

Log - Day 1 - Rockfall wrote:

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Urvine stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and gently touched the earth before his : 'This section of the cave is different from the others. It seems the ground beneath us may be hollow... and unstable. It may be best to seek another route.'

Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench.

Kay, confident that she could easily fly down to the bottom, led the way, weaving in and out between the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With her guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

(I'm not sure if there's a typo or if there's a word missing, but I get the general meaning of the sentence. "... and gently touched the earth before his : ..." Maybe I forgot to add "him" to the pronouns?)

Kay sat at the bottom of the trench, waiting as Vallan and Urvine carefully made their way down. She spoke while patting the ground, "You finally made it! I think this is the bottom."

Vallan looked at her skeptically as he replied, "You think? Is this the bottom or not?"

"Um... I don't know." Kay faced the palms of her claws up and shrugged her shoulders.

Urvine looked around and said, "Hmm, well the ground here seems sturdy enough. Perhaps we should set up camp and rest?"

Vallan and Kay both nodded their heads in agreement. They hadn't gotten too tired, but it would be best to rest up fully, while they still had the chance, before venturing further into this dangerous cave.

"Oh hey, bookworm. Here, take this." Vallan mumbled suddenly and put something into Urvine's claws. "You're still weak, but it seems you'll be at least a little helpful after all." Urvine's crest twitched with excitement upon receiving his new specimens, and he quickly went to sit down in a spot where he could examine them.
Brown Bat

Kay, watching the whole time, smiled when Vallan looked at her. He quickly turned his head away, exhaled sharply, and went to lie down.
Ehhhh, what should I put here...

Well, FR +2, but saying that is kinda useless since I'm most active at night anyway.
1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 103 104