Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [GALA] Journey into Snowspire Caverns
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 103 104
[quote=Day 1 Log] After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Flurry of Fun, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.' As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on. When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter. Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave. The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Flurry of Fun would go. Lieyel had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together. And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Lieyel stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible. Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench. Fortunately, Ulthir, ice pick at the ready, was quickly able to fasten his hook to the nearest rock wall and grab on to his companions while the floor that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness below. Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Ulthir nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed. By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested. [/quote] Just like Lieyel to take charge! Glad to see that no one got hurt :D
Day 1 Log wrote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Flurry of Fun, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Flurry of Fun would go. Lieyel had come to be the leader of the team - her inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

And so, we walked and walked and walked.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Lieyel stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, she stretched her wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

As we were just about to turn around, we noticed something sparkling ever so slightly at the opposite end of the passage. Curiosity piqued, we decided to brave the unstable passage, treading as lightly as possible.

Carefully making our way across the passageway, one step at a time, we had nearly reached the opposite end of the cavern when the floor caved out beneath us. Bruised and battered by the falling rocks and disoriented by the sudden collapse, we found ourselves quickly plummeting to the bottom of a great trench.

Fortunately, Ulthir, ice pick at the ready, was quickly able to fasten his hook to the nearest rock wall and grab on to his companions while the floor that had just stood beneath us tumbled deep down into the darkness below.

Stranded at the edge of the cliff with our return passage blocked beneath piles of rubble, there were two options. We could climb down into the trench below, or we could attempt to move the rubble and head back in the direction we came from. Feeling that the deepest parts of the caverns might hold the most fascinating secrets, we decided to try descending into the trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Ulthir nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

Just like Lieyel to take charge! Glad to see that no one got hurt :D
6jinxGw.gifYhZESmf.pngGEiGsqG.pngylmCoHN.pngrmCl6LF.pngCcnk6GC.gif
[center]We are Team Winter Storm. It appears the journals are from Tobi (the cat)'s perspective. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22027348][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/220274/22027348.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27132443][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/271325/27132443.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10140915][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/101410/10140915.png[/img][/url][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22027348][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/220274/22027348p.png[/img][/url]: "Tobi! Tobi, where have you gone off to?" Spectre called to his loyal cat companion. "Tobi! It's time to go! The guide is here!" [item=black cat]: "Meow!" I replied with a huff. Doesn't he know this is the prime time to sleep?! The nerve of some people. I leap up onto his head only after he feeds me an apology treat. "Meow!" I reply, still slightly cross with him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22027348][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/220274/22027348p.png[/img][/url]: "Oh come now Tobi, don't be mad with me! We are going on an adventure after all! Think of the arctic plants we will come across! We rarely, if ever, see them here!" He walks to the front entrance to greet the guide, and see who the elders decided to accompany him on this mission. [item=black cat]: When Spectre first heard about the excursion offer he was jumping around like a little hatchling with excitement of the thought of discovering new plants. The elders would not let him go alone, so they had been deciding over the past week who would be best suited to travel with him. He told me Magnolia would likely be selected to come with. She's young, but her survival and first aid skills are amazing. Hopefully she's a good adventurer too, survival is only fun if you can explore too! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22027348][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/220274/22027348p.png[/img][/url]: "Tch! You!" Spectre comes to a halt as he sees one of his teammates, Rohan. "[i]You're[/i] the one out of our whole clan they sent [i]with me[/i]?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10140915][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/101410/10140915p.png[/img][/url]: "Well aren't you welcoming this morning..." Rohan sneered back at Spectre. "I'm suprised you didn't figure it out already before frankly, that is with you being [i]so[/i] smart and all," he commented offhand as he bared his teeth. "I mean, you're great with plants, whoop-de-do. We are going to the frozen tundra. Survival skills are great to have, that's why Magnolia is here," he acknowledged the other teammate, who was talking with the guide, "So what's left? Oh yes! Someone to deal with the beasts, and I'm the best one for that task obviously. I'm just [i]baffled[/i] that you're so surprised to see me." [item=black cat]: Spectre began to snarl and bared his teeth at Rohan, "You-!" WHAP! Zori, our clan's grandmother flew by and whacked Spectre on the nose with her wings and tail before landing. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=94053][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/941/94053p.png[/img][/url]: "Alright kids, you have fun out there!" She smiled, coyly not paying any attention to Spectre as he rubbed his snout. "Be good, and listen to the guide on the way! Magnolia, keep and eye on these two [i]boys[/i] while you're gone, yes?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27132443][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/271325/27132443p.png[/img][/url]: "Of course Grandma!" She cuddled her in close with one of her thick, soft paws for a hug, "I'm going to miss you!" [item=black cat]: We gathered our bags and supplies, and left within the hour. We circled the lair a few times, watching as clanmates waved us farewell. Then we turned and headed due south. The guide sat on Rohan's head as he guided them toward Ice territory, had the little Fae been flying we would have not been going fast enough for Spectre to stay airborne. I left y usual post on Spectre's head and instead made myself a comfy sleeping nest within his scarf and turtleneck. I drifted off to sleep to make up for my earlier lost napping time. [quote]After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Team Winter Storm, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.' As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on. When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter. Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave. The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Team Winter Storm would go. Magnolia had stepped up as a sort of mediator, while the other two were in a constant state of disagreement. It was her opinion that would come to decide what decisions we would make in a moment's notice. And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Spectre stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Spectre nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed. By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.[/quote]
We are Team Winter Storm.
It appears the journals are from Tobi (the cat)'s perspective.
22027348.png27132443.png10140915.png

22027348p.png: "Tobi! Tobi, where have you gone off to?" Spectre called to his loyal cat companion. "Tobi! It's time to go! The guide is here!"
Black Cat : "Meow!" I replied with a huff. Doesn't he know this is the prime time to sleep?! The nerve of some people. I leap up onto his head only after he feeds me an apology treat. "Meow!" I reply, still slightly cross with him.
22027348p.png: "Oh come now Tobi, don't be mad with me! We are going on an adventure after all! Think of the arctic plants we will come across! We rarely, if ever, see them here!" He walks to the front entrance to greet the guide, and see who the elders decided to accompany him on this mission.
Black Cat : When Spectre first heard about the excursion offer he was jumping around like a little hatchling with excitement of the thought of discovering new plants. The elders would not let him go alone, so they had been deciding over the past week who would be best suited to travel with him. He told me Magnolia would likely be selected to come with. She's young, but her survival and first aid skills are amazing. Hopefully she's a good adventurer too, survival is only fun if you can explore too!
22027348p.png: "Tch! You!" Spectre comes to a halt as he sees one of his teammates, Rohan. "You're the one out of our whole clan they sent with me?"
10140915p.png: "Well aren't you welcoming this morning..." Rohan sneered back at Spectre. "I'm suprised you didn't figure it out already before frankly, that is with you being so smart and all," he commented offhand as he bared his teeth. "I mean, you're great with plants, whoop-de-do. We are going to the frozen tundra. Survival skills are great to have, that's why Magnolia is here," he acknowledged the other teammate, who was talking with the guide, "So what's left? Oh yes! Someone to deal with the beasts, and I'm the best one for that task obviously. I'm just baffled that you're so surprised to see me."
Black Cat : Spectre began to snarl and bared his teeth at Rohan, "You-!"
WHAP!
Zori, our clan's grandmother flew by and whacked Spectre on the nose with her wings and tail before landing.
94053p.png: "Alright kids, you have fun out there!" She smiled, coyly not paying any attention to Spectre as he rubbed his snout. "Be good, and listen to the guide on the way! Magnolia, keep and eye on these two boys while you're gone, yes?"
27132443p.png: "Of course Grandma!" She cuddled her in close with one of her thick, soft paws for a hug, "I'm going to miss you!"
Black Cat : We gathered our bags and supplies, and left within the hour. We circled the lair a few times, watching as clanmates waved us farewell. Then we turned and headed due south. The guide sat on Rohan's head as he guided them toward Ice territory, had the little Fae been flying we would have not been going fast enough for Spectre to stay airborne. I left y usual post on Spectre's head and instead made myself a comfy sleeping nest within his scarf and turtleneck. I drifted off to sleep to make up for my earlier lost napping time.
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Team Winter Storm, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on.

When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter.

Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave.

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Team Winter Storm would go. Magnolia had stepped up as a sort of mediator, while the other two were in a constant state of disagreement. It was her opinion that would come to decide what decisions we would make in a moment's notice.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Spectre stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench.

Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent.

Spectre nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. With his guidance, we were able to make our way to the bottom of the trench unharmed.

By the time we had reached what we thought to be the base of the trench, we were ready to make our camp for the day. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.
H0YTYF1.png CAgQpkV.png 7p4ZvEX.png TX13MWN.png
Oh this is cool... mine's pretty much the same as the majority, detected unstable ground, went for shiny anyway, climber hauled them up then flyer led them down. Can't wait to see what happens next!

So far from everybody's posts it looks like:
1 independent + 2 cooperative = independent leads
2 independent + 1 cooperative = cooperative leads (by deciding vote)
3 cooperative = majority vote

Anyone mark all three of their dragons independent? Really like to see how that dynamic plays out :)
Oh this is cool... mine's pretty much the same as the majority, detected unstable ground, went for shiny anyway, climber hauled them up then flyer led them down. Can't wait to see what happens next!

So far from everybody's posts it looks like:
1 independent + 2 cooperative = independent leads
2 independent + 1 cooperative = cooperative leads (by deciding vote)
3 cooperative = majority vote

Anyone mark all three of their dragons independent? Really like to see how that dynamic plays out :)
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
Hello everyone! At this point, all of you should have received your Day 1 logs. Having now gotten into the rhythm of things, I think it's a good and reasonable goal for me to get through half of the group per day - which means that you should expect to receive your logs approximately every other day.

I also wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE all the creativity and such that has come out in the thread based on your logs! I get excited to see what people have to say every time I check my notifications and reading makes for a great break between messages :D If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it. I haven't been able to read everything, but I'm definitely reading as much as I can!

I wanted to give a shoutout to a couple neat things I liked a lot:

Now that we're moving forward to day two logs, the group has split. 152 of you are headed to Journal Log 2B, while only 27 of you are headed to Journal Log 2A. (The identifier would be the last paragraph of your log that should match everyone who is headed the same direction as you.)

(Oh, and give your best wishes to the few phenomenally unlucky souls who lost the use of their healers/medics on the first day to injuries.)

As my last thought of the evening, I thought I should let you know that every time I added an Amber Trapped Fly to a message, I mispronounced it in my head as Amber Trapped Fae. I have no idea why. I even very nearly typed "fae" instead of "fly" in this exact sentence by mistake...

I think I'll do a little update like this with some statistics and roleplay highlights after each log date is finished :D

@Gheron @Leucine @Elsu @BlakeSMyth @Wintercreek @arashiyama @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Yvaine @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
Hello everyone! At this point, all of you should have received your Day 1 logs. Having now gotten into the rhythm of things, I think it's a good and reasonable goal for me to get through half of the group per day - which means that you should expect to receive your logs approximately every other day.

I also wanted to say that I absolutely LOVE all the creativity and such that has come out in the thread based on your logs! I get excited to see what people have to say every time I check my notifications and reading makes for a great break between messages :D If you haven't checked it out, I highly recommend it. I haven't been able to read everything, but I'm definitely reading as much as I can!

I wanted to give a shoutout to a couple neat things I liked a lot:

Now that we're moving forward to day two logs, the group has split. 152 of you are headed to Journal Log 2B, while only 27 of you are headed to Journal Log 2A. (The identifier would be the last paragraph of your log that should match everyone who is headed the same direction as you.)

(Oh, and give your best wishes to the few phenomenally unlucky souls who lost the use of their healers/medics on the first day to injuries.)

As my last thought of the evening, I thought I should let you know that every time I added an Amber Trapped Fly to a message, I mispronounced it in my head as Amber Trapped Fae. I have no idea why. I even very nearly typed "fae" instead of "fly" in this exact sentence by mistake...

I think I'll do a little update like this with some statistics and roleplay highlights after each log date is finished :D

@Gheron @Leucine @Elsu @BlakeSMyth @Wintercreek @arashiyama @sgkat @alagasianflame @acheronta @casuallySleepy @Digdog @dividedAnimus @zzzhorses @Elysiuhm @tehcoffeezombie @TimelordSnowy @Hypernovae @Lykomancer @Skia @Leucoss @Mozzi @FishJelly @StarlineRose @Dandelionqueen @Oricole @CatkinStarchild @Geisterwolf @Saturdaylemon @Nimphy @Krysana @Lamentations @StormDragon21 @Amariel @Ashliel @Faeyra @GoldenEggy @whereisbarton @Siritys @MagykalWagykal @CanisMajoris @Peachycupcake525 @HSoup @heroed @felistopaz @HuntingAlpha @daineger @Aryana @TwiliWolf @sagaxi @Tentakles @Marmite @fluffballofdoom @Jetfeather @Shadowdawn199 @Maegelcarwen @lovelyhills @Imani @tigressRising @remuslupn @tantayo @Krocodalie @Firewins @bellzan @Krycelli @myrese @Pennifeather @Bibliomancer @Starongie @Demonify @Silverpine @Larphen @Tianae @Kyumileo @smeen @AthenaCorvus @Stormdragon @Amyatzu @ophician @Juri01 @faikitty @NuclearWaffles @KitsuneRuna @Lyncina @ElementDarkSoul @fennekin @ghosthymn @brokenstone @Hinumi @Lakefrost @Lundlaeva @RRHepburn @sherbertglasses @Tues @cyleris @helenehime @Samoqueen @LibreNoctre @Valligator @treesponge @Counterklock @Dragonine @TheHeroicOne @Sammis @Satchen @Pandamoniaz @Riverflower @beargirl1393 @Thewarywatcher13 @Gedhyr @KyaruTheWriter @Dulcette @Talicinx @Frysa @Lainer @Yvaine @Avatasho @Hawlucha @Shougoney @Lileewink @Caspar @Ciphers @Katsra @evosoul @SolemnSongbird @MintyDragon @ThisOneIsBlue @Stanari @JinxMoonstone @XYZayne @evarett @SilverWinter @infinitesky @Pharaohess @PlatinumDream @Katsuokai @yyalls @Clavicado @Alephelion @WanderingTurtle @Chanilove @DeadlyFang @Soulykins @Leocor @Aureate @ThystLodagi @Kallistrate @Azuredusk @argylion @Blauw @excessnight @SelenaSilverwolf @DrZiegler @moomargh @Eialyne @RemanLT @Toothless @Kamme @FawnStars7 @Undermom @qwigoqwaga @Scatterspark @Coordinator @loppy1352 @Nick462 @Azure @aelith @WorldOfOurOwn @Ravenhart @sockmonkeygerald @Achiem @Kalideoscope @Helianthe @Fallenarrow @Mangusto @PinkyPearl @Frauzis @veinlily @Husker @Elysadie
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon
I'm not gonna lie, every time I see the Amber Trapped Fly, I always think of it as 'Amber Trapped Fae' and then have to mentally correct myself.
@squidragon
I'm not gonna lie, every time I see the Amber Trapped Fly, I always think of it as 'Amber Trapped Fae' and then have to mentally correct myself.
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
@beargirl1393 Good to hear I'm not alone. I guess when I'm on flight rising, my brain sees a three letter word starting with F and wants to yell out "FAE!!!!"
@beargirl1393 Good to hear I'm not alone. I guess when I'm on flight rising, my brain sees a three letter word starting with F and wants to yell out "FAE!!!!"
WpjbI2U.gif
squid/winter | FR+3 | they/them | spelled squidra-gon (like octagon)
@squidragon

Glad you liked it! *bows but is still shipping RedPurp hard*

Looking forward to the next adventures and good luck with everyone out there!
@squidragon

Glad you liked it! *bows but is still shipping RedPurp hard*

Looking forward to the next adventures and good luck with everyone out there!
Is currently in anguish over two failed breeding projects orz And not having enough tunics to shame the culprits with
[quote]After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Cold Trio, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.' As these things always seem to go, the guide was not back shortly. We waited two and a half hours before he returned, by which point the sun had already begun to set and the nighttime chill set in. The fae touched down in the branches of the pine tree, turned to us, and said: 'Silly me! We hadn't passed it at all. It's just a few kilometers ahead.' And so, we gathered our gear and continued on. When we finally came to our destination, we found the cave mouth to be a dark and foreboding sight. The stalactites and stalagmites stuck out like crooked teeth in a gaping maw, and the faded sign haphazardly nailed to the nearest tree simply said: 'Don't.' You might wonder what it was that we were not supposed to do, but to those of us standing at the gateway to those caverns, feeling the icy breeze ascending from the depths within, it was obvious. Don't enter. Of course, that was exactly what we would later do. After making our camp for the night and taking an inventory of our food and equipment, we ate our breakfast, fastened our hooks and lamps carefully to our belts, waved goodbye to our trusty guide, and entered the cave. The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Cold Trio would go. Kathra had come to be the leader of the team - his inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together. And so, we walked and walked and walked. As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Kathra stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.' Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench. Gazing down into the darkness below with little idea of how far down this pit might go, we prepared ourselves for the descent. Badb nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. However, just moments before landing at the bottom, she clipped her wing on a stone archway, sending her spiraling down into the rocks below. Alaunus cast a quick healing spell, leaving Badb patched up and ready to continue on. Tired and bruised after the long descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.[/quote] My logs for today. I got a [item=plague bat][item=smoky quartz][item=amber-trapped fly]
Quote:
After three days and three nights of flying across the harsh and icy peaks of the Fortress of Ends, we, Cold Trio, have finally arrived at our destination. Our guide, a frazzled, robin-blue fae called Harold, had led us twisting and turning through massive glacial spires, rocky peaks, and stone-cold trenches cracked into the ice. As we traveled, our hearts fluttering with anticipation, we scanned the cold and cloudy horizons, hoping that each cave we passed might be our destination. At one point, Harold stopped the party to rest beneath the thinned branches of an old and scraggly pine tree, turned to the group, and said: 'Well, I was pretty sure the cave entrance was half a kilometer back, but I didn't seem to spot it... You wait here while I circle around. Don't worry! I'll be back shortly.'

The first stretch of the cave was relatively quiet. The wildlife was few and far between, although we were able to get a good look at some fascinating species of bats, and those first few hours were marked by the collection of a variety of standard geological and biological samples. As we walked further, the cave began to branch apart into dozens of passageways, each leading in a slightly different direction but still looking quite the same. It soon became clear how the decision dynamics of Cold Trio would go. Kathra had come to be the leader of the team - his inability to cooperate with the others resulting in the more group-minded members of the team following out of a desire to stick together.

As the earth beneath us became loose and rocky, Kathra stopped suddenly. Turning to the group, he stretched his wings and blocked the others from progressing: 'The ground ahead seems quite unstable. Perhaps we should find another path.'

Choosing to err on the side of caution, we turned back to seek another path. It was not long after that we came face to face with a massive trench.

Badb nodded to the group and jumped into the trench with wings outstretched, leading the way through the pillars of ice and jagged rock edges. However, just moments before landing at the bottom, she clipped her wing on a stone archway, sending her spiraling down into the rocks below.

Alaunus cast a quick healing spell, leaving Badb patched up and ready to continue on.

Tired and bruised after the long descent and day of walking, we decided that this would be as good a place as any to make our camp for the night. And so, we logged our activities, ate our meal, and rested.

My logs for today. I got a Plague Bat Smoky Quartz Amber-trapped Fly
rFG4FSy.gif HWUyWaT.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
fwY7xo3.png
Must be because of the skin?

I look forward to seeing statistics! :D
Must be because of the skin?

I look forward to seeing statistics! :D

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
Thank you!! I'm glad you like it. :D it was super fun to do. Aisling will have to do all of the logs unless she ends up indisposed, bc Leone COULD do them but doesn't care enough and Mazin is just... Mazin.

I'm super excited to see the next message! I always read it as amber trapped fae too for the record.
Thank you!! I'm glad you like it. :D it was super fun to do. Aisling will have to do all of the logs unless she ends up indisposed, bc Leone COULD do them but doesn't care enough and Mazin is just... Mazin.

I'm super excited to see the next message! I always read it as amber trapped fae too for the record.
iAEvMIm.png ♦ Vic
♦ They/Them
♦ Lore Clan
♦ Icicle
pf0ulPV.gifqxgptV4.gifE36y0uf.gif985Rc6Q.gif
1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 103 104