Forum Games
Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR] Undead Trivia FINAL
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/xJN2Fp2.png[/img] [size=4][color=brown][b]Welcome to the Riot of Rot's Undead Trivia. Test your knowledge and win fun prizes. Participating here will not only enter you for a Daily Prize, but you will also be earning tickets to the Out of Flight Raffle and to the In-flight Raffles (Plague members). So step right up and let's see if Berith can stump you with trivia about the Undead world...[/b][/color][/size] [/center] [rule] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21387458] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/213875/21387458_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol]In the distance, you see a booth, sitting on the edge of The Scarred Wasteland. A wildclaw beckons you forward. Nervously, you approach the booth, trying not to show the trembling of your body. In a raspy voice, that sounds more like the dragon has been inhaling wretched fumes for far too many sunrises, "My name is Berith. I've come out to the borders for our celebration of survival. Only the strongest clans can live among the ruins here, and this month we honor all of Sornieth - inviting all clans to celebrate the Riot of Rot." Would you care to answer the Daily Undead Trivia? I have many prizes to unload over the next two weeks, so come along, don't be afraid - let's test your knowledge of the Undead world." [/columns] [rule] [center][url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11c0NpOZcBTDWJ1gHqewCOJqXfFzr3ky-RDj_w8rCm3s/edit#gid=0][img]http://i.imgur.com/Wy11mtz.png[/img][/url][/center] Spreadsheet will be updated at various times during the day, and the thread marked where updated. [img]http://i.imgur.com/Cb8Ay13.png[/img] [LIST=1] [*]One entry per day, per person. [*]All flights welcome to join. [*]I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who is not being respectful to others or the game. [*]There are no limitations on how many times you can win. [*][b][i]The trivia of the day will not end on rollovers. It will end the following morning when I post.[/i][/b] [*]From the correct answers each day, the winner will be selected via random.org [*]Participants will also be entered in Plague's Out of Flight Raffle, and for Plague Flight members will be entered in the In-flight Raffle. [*]You do not have to ping me if you don't want to, I am subscribed to the post. [*]Puns, jokes and FUN are mandatory. :) [/LIST] [img]http://i.imgur.com/lRzWTMr.png[/img] [LIST=1] [*]Answer the daily trivia question right here on the forum. Do not PM me with answers. You can copy others, but if they are wrong, than so are you. [*][b][i]Correct answers will be the only ones that will be in the Daily Prize drawing, although you will still earn participation tickets to the raffles, see below. [/i][/b] [*]Tickets to the Out of Flight Raffle (out of flight members), and for the In-flight Raffle (Plague flight members) will be awarded. Participation will nab you 1 ticket, and getting the correct answer will get you 2 tickets. Limited to 2 tickets per day, per person. Tallied and turned in at the end of each week. [/LIST] [img]http://i.imgur.com/4yQHSuo.png[/img] [quote=Day One Prize - Sunday, Oct. 16] [center] Won by Gedhyr This beautiful Bogsneak female is looking for her forever home. Eldritch Iridescent/Coal Butterfly/Eldritch Glimmer [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Two Prize - Monday, Oct 17] [center] Won by tigressRising [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Three Prize - Tuesday, Oct 18] [center] Won by Monchii [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Four Prize - Wednesday, Oct 19] [center] Winner is nuttysaladtree [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Five Prize - Thursday, Oct 20] [center] Won by BlackBeltGI [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Six Prize - Friday, Oct 21] [center] Winner: QuetzalQueen [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Seven Prize - Saturday, Oct 22] [center] Winner - SilverDragon568 [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day Eight Prize - Sunday, Oct 23] [center] Winner: Ambrose [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day 9 Prize - Monday, Oct 24] [center] Won by Nott [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day 10 Prize - Tuesday, Oct 25] [center] Won by alagasianflame [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day 11 Prize - Wednesday, Oct 26] [center] Won by dandelionfires [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day 12 Prize - Thursday, Oct 27] [center] Won by blackdragonflame [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day 13 Prize - Friday, Oct 28] [center] Won by Kaimon [/center] [/quote] [quote=Day 14 Prize- FINAL - Saturday, Oct 29] [center] Won by NinaOsp [/center] [/quote] [img]http://i.imgur.com/gJWhfAG.png[/img] [center][b] ~Trivia Question - Day 1 - Sunday, Oct. 16~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the forum.[/size] The idea of zombies originated where? [b]Answer: Haitian Voodoo. So if you had Haiti or voodoo in your answer, it was accepted! Some more information for you:[/b] Author William Seabrook discovered that the fear of “zombies” was tied to the practices of voodoo where it is possible for their idea of a soul to be removed and replaced by a god or sorcerer. As voodoo was deeply connected with the forced work and slavery of the people of the Caribbean, the main fear was that it’d be possible, even after death, for a sorcerer to reanimate your corpse to be an obedient drone, capable of continuing to work in the fields. Richer Haitian families would bury their dead in more secure tombs to eliminate the risk of the bodies being stolen and reanimated. They were not afraid of a zombie attack, they were afraid of becoming a zombie. [size=4]Daily Prize winner @Gedhyr[/size] Your bogsneak will be sent you shortly! [/center] [rule] [center][b] ~Trivia Question - Day 2 - Monday, Oct. 17~[/b] [i] "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be" [/i] Who said this? [b]Answer: Dr. Edwin Jenner, season 1 of The Walking Dead.[/b] Couldn't fool you guys on that one. Those words are coming back to haunt Rick now, as Season 7 premiere is titled the same. One of my favorite shows. Will have my big bucket of popcorn ready for the 90 minute premiere this weekend. [img]http://i.imgur.com/dww4Ro8.jpg[/img] Winner is tigressRising! Your prize has been sent! [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 3 - Tuesday, Oct. 18~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the forum.[/size] If bitten by a creature, you can turn into a zombie within 12 seconds. What's the film? [b]Answer: World War Z[/b] World War Z was a trip to me, as it's the first time I saw zombies run and climb. World War Z 2 will be out June 2017. Winner is Monchii Your prize will be sent shortly. [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 4 - Wednesday, Oct. 19~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] This real life disease, does not affect the brain, but it can make you look and move like a zombie. What is it? This one is tricky! Necrosis and gangrene are actually caused by something else, they are not a disease in their own right that you can catch. Sleeping sickness, rabies and others, the brain is involved, so they don't work here at all. So there are two answers I've accepted for this one, and one you never guessed. [b]Answers: Leprosy or Yaws[/b] Yaws is a disease that gives awful, oozing sores on the face, arms, legs and feet and affects the joints, and bones, making it difficult to get around. This is a contagious disease, but can be cured - and most often found in Africa, Asia and the Pacific Islands. Without prompt anti-bacterial antibiotics, it can leave lasting damage to the joints and scarring. Winner is @nuttysaladtree Your prize will be sent shortly. [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 5 - Thursday, Oct. 20~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] This tough, gun-toting guy is looking for the last Twinkie. Name the character and the film. [b]Answer: Tallahassee from Zombieland! [/b] What a fun movie it was. A zomedy. Looks like most here have seen it, or at least heard about it! Winner is @BlackBeltGI [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 6 - Friday, Oct. 21~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] [i]When a Sentry came from another dimension to that of Earth-2149, he carried an infection with him. This infection was a zombie plague. [/i] What is this story arc from? [b]Answer: Marvel Zombies[/b] Seems like you all know your comics. [img]http://i.imgur.com/plMTIVv.jpg[/img] Winner is @QuetzalQueen [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 7 - Saturday, Oct. 22~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] According to a world study, what is the safest country to be in during a zombie apocalypse? [size=2](and truly it's hard to believe they spent money on this...)[/size] [b]Answer: Australia[/b] The staff of LiveScience conducted a global survey of the best “Safe Zones” in case of a zombie outbreak and Australia topped the list. Canada, the United States, Russia and Kazakhstan rounded up the top five. The countries were graded according to their global location, topography, weapon access, population and “military preparedness.” Though if movies have taught us anything, the military guys in tanks are always the first to go. [url=http://www.livescience.com/16411-zombies-fact-fiction-infographic.html]LiveScience link if you'd like to read more.[/url] Winner is @SilverDragon568 Prize has been sent! [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 8 - Sunday, Oct. 23~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] According to The Zombie Survival Guide, what is one thing zombies can't do? [b]Answer: Too many to list![/b] For this question there weren't any wrong answers! Zombies can't do a lot of things, and a lot was mentioned here. I was waiting to see if anyone came up with my favorite, which is they can't climb ladders, and finally near the end it was brought up. Winner: @Ambrose [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 9 - Monday, Oct. 24~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] The opening scenes of this film has a brother and sister being attacked by a zombie in a graveyard. What's the film? [b]Answer: Night of the Living Dead[/b] The classic and the remake - such great films. [img]http://i.imgur.com/dwHp2rf.jpg[/img] Winner is Nott [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 10 - Tuesday, Oct. 25~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] In the city of Harran, a mysterious viral outbreak has turned most of the population into hyper-aggressive zombie-like creatures. What does this describe? [b]Answer: Dying Light Game[/b] When I bought my XBox One, this is one of the games I bought at the same time. I love the game, even though I'm not very good at it. Winner is: @alagasianflame [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 11 - Wednesday, Oct. 26~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] Everything tastes bland without hot sauce. What am I referring to? [b]Answer: Liv from iZombie[/b] The only thing Liv can taste is hot sauce. Winner is @dandelionfires [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 12 - Thursay, Oct. 27~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] This film has 8 zombie Dobermans. What is the film? [b]Answer: Resident Evil[/b] Resident Evil had the 8 dobermans infected with the T-Virus, and I Am Legend did have zombie dogs, they were not dobermans, and I remember 3 of them - it has been awhile since I saw that one. Resident Evil was pretty specific to the breed. [img]http://i.imgur.com/xfUwviu.jpg[/img] Some people didn't get that one right, because they chose 2 answers, and since you can only choose one answer, I chose the first one said. Winner is @blackdragonflame [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 13 - Friday, Oct. 28~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] Considered by many to be the goriest film ever made and one of the funniest "splatstick" horror films since Sam Raimi's Evil Dead 2. What's the film? [b]Answer: Dead Alive[/b] It even has 88% on the tomatometer scale at Rotten Tomatoes. Quote from Rotten Tomatoes: [i]The delightfully gonzo tale of a lovestruck teen and his zombified mother, Dead Alive is extremely gory and exceedingly good fun, thanks to Peter Jackson's affection for the tastelessly sublime.[/i] Winner is Kaimon [rule] [b]~Trivia Question - Day 14 - FINAL - Saturday, Oct. 28~[/b] [size=2]Answer directly here on the thread.[/size] Hope you all have had fun with Undead Trivia and Riot of Rot. I've had fun bringing it to you. Most of the zombie extras in this film were Pittsburgh residents who volunteered to help in the film. What's the film? [b]Answer: Day of the Dead[/b] Shot on a measly budget too! Winner is @NinaOsp [/center] [size=4][b]Thank you all for playing! It was a ton of fun, and good luck in the raffles![/b][/size]
xJN2Fp2.png

Welcome to the Riot of Rot's Undead Trivia. Test your knowledge and win fun prizes. Participating here will not only enter you for a Daily Prize, but you will also be earning tickets to the Out of Flight Raffle and to the In-flight Raffles (Plague members). So step right up and let's see if Berith can stump you with trivia about the Undead world...

21387458_350.png
In the distance, you see a booth, sitting on the edge of The Scarred Wasteland. A wildclaw beckons you forward. Nervously, you approach the booth, trying not to show the trembling of your body.

In a raspy voice, that sounds more like the dragon has been inhaling wretched fumes for far too many sunrises, "My name is Berith. I've come out to the borders for our celebration of survival. Only the strongest clans can live among the ruins here, and this month we honor all of Sornieth - inviting all clans to celebrate the Riot of Rot."

Would you care to answer the Daily Undead Trivia? I have many prizes to unload over the next two weeks, so come along, don't be afraid - let's test your knowledge of the Undead world."

Wy11mtz.png

Spreadsheet will be updated at various times during the day, and the thread marked where updated.

Cb8Ay13.png

1. One entry per day, per person.
  2. All flights welcome to join.
  3. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone who is not being respectful
    to others or the game.
  4. There are no limitations on how many times you can win.
  5. The trivia of the day will not end on rollovers. It will end the following
    morning when I post.
  6. From the correct answers each day, the winner will be selected via random.org
  7. Participants will also be entered in Plague's Out of Flight Raffle, and for Plague Flight members will be entered in the In-flight Raffle.
  8. You do not have to ping me if you don't want to, I am subscribed to the post.
  9. Puns, jokes and FUN are mandatory. :)

lRzWTMr.png

1. Answer the daily trivia question right here on the forum. Do not PM me with answers. You can copy others, but if they are wrong, than so are you.
  2. Correct answers will be the only ones that will be in the Daily Prize drawing, although you will still earn participation tickets to the raffles, see below.
  3. Tickets to the Out of Flight Raffle (out of flight members), and for the In-flight Raffle (Plague flight members) will be awarded. Participation will nab you 1 ticket, and getting the correct answer will get you 2 tickets. Limited to 2 tickets per day, per person. Tallied and turned in at the end of each week.

4yQHSuo.png

Day One Prize - Sunday, Oct. 16 wrote:

Won by Gedhyr

This beautiful Bogsneak female is looking for her forever home.
Eldritch Iridescent/Coal Butterfly/Eldritch Glimmer

Day Two Prize - Monday, Oct 17 wrote:

Won by tigressRising
Day Three Prize - Tuesday, Oct 18 wrote:

Won by Monchii
Day Four Prize - Wednesday, Oct 19 wrote:

Winner is nuttysaladtree
Day Five Prize - Thursday, Oct 20 wrote:

Won by BlackBeltGI
Day Six Prize - Friday, Oct 21 wrote:

Winner: QuetzalQueen

Day Seven Prize - Saturday, Oct 22 wrote:

Winner - SilverDragon568
Day Eight Prize - Sunday, Oct 23 wrote:

Winner: Ambrose
Day 9 Prize - Monday, Oct 24 wrote:

Won by Nott
Day 10 Prize - Tuesday, Oct 25 wrote:

Won by alagasianflame
Day 11 Prize - Wednesday, Oct 26 wrote:

Won by dandelionfires
Day 12 Prize - Thursday, Oct 27 wrote:

Won by blackdragonflame
Day 13 Prize - Friday, Oct 28 wrote:
Won by Kaimon
Day 14 Prize- FINAL - Saturday, Oct 29 wrote:
Won by NinaOsp
gJWhfAG.png

~Trivia Question - Day 1 - Sunday, Oct. 16~

Answer directly here on the forum.

The idea of zombies originated where?

Answer: Haitian Voodoo. So if you had Haiti or voodoo in your answer, it was accepted! Some more information for you:

Author William Seabrook discovered that the fear of “zombies” was tied to the practices of voodoo where it is possible for their idea of a soul to be removed and replaced by a god or sorcerer. As voodoo was deeply connected with the forced work and slavery of the people of the Caribbean, the main fear was that it’d be possible, even after death, for a sorcerer to reanimate your corpse to be an obedient drone, capable of continuing to work in the fields. Richer Haitian families would bury their dead in more secure tombs to eliminate the risk of the bodies being stolen and reanimated. They were not afraid of a zombie attack, they were afraid of becoming a zombie.

Daily Prize winner @Gedhyr

Your bogsneak will be sent you shortly!

~Trivia Question - Day 2 - Monday, Oct. 17~

"The Day Will Come When You Won't Be"
Who said this?

Answer: Dr. Edwin Jenner, season 1 of The Walking Dead.

Couldn't fool you guys on that one. Those words are coming back to haunt Rick now, as Season 7 premiere is titled the same. One of my favorite shows. Will have my big bucket of popcorn ready for the 90 minute premiere this weekend.

dww4Ro8.jpg

Winner is tigressRising!

Your prize has been sent!

~Trivia Question - Day 3 - Tuesday, Oct. 18~

Answer directly here on the forum.

If bitten by a creature, you can turn into a zombie within 12 seconds. What's the film?

Answer: World War Z

World War Z was a trip to me, as it's the first time I saw zombies run and climb. World War Z 2 will be out June 2017.

Winner is Monchii

Your prize will be sent shortly.

~Trivia Question - Day 4 - Wednesday, Oct. 19~

Answer directly here on the thread.

This real life disease, does not affect the brain, but it can make you look and move like a zombie. What is it?

This one is tricky! Necrosis and gangrene are actually caused by something else, they are not a disease in their own right that you can catch. Sleeping sickness, rabies and others, the brain is involved, so they don't work here at all. So there are two answers I've accepted for this one, and one you never guessed.

Answers: Leprosy or Yaws

Yaws is a disease that gives awful, oozing sores on the face, arms, legs and feet and affects the joints, and bones, making it difficult to get around. This is a contagious disease, but can be cured - and most often found in Africa, Asia and the Pacific Islands. Without prompt anti-bacterial antibiotics, it can leave lasting damage to the joints and scarring.

Winner is @nuttysaladtree

Your prize will be sent shortly.

~Trivia Question - Day 5 - Thursday, Oct. 20~

This tough, gun-toting guy is looking for the last Twinkie. Name the character and the film.

Answer: Tallahassee from Zombieland!

What a fun movie it was. A zomedy. Looks like most here have seen it, or at least heard about it!

Winner is @BlackBeltGI

~Trivia Question - Day 6 - Friday, Oct. 21~

When a Sentry came from another dimension to that of Earth-2149, he carried an infection with him. This infection was a zombie plague.

What is this story arc from?

Answer: Marvel Zombies

Seems like you all know your comics.

plMTIVv.jpg

Winner is @QuetzalQueen

~Trivia Question - Day 7 - Saturday, Oct. 22~

According to a world study, what is the safest country to be in during a zombie apocalypse?
(and truly it's hard to believe they spent money on this...)

Answer: Australia

The staff of LiveScience conducted a global survey of the best “Safe Zones” in case of a zombie outbreak and Australia topped the list. Canada, the United States, Russia and Kazakhstan rounded up the top five. The countries were graded according to their global location, topography, weapon access, population and “military preparedness.” Though if movies have taught us anything, the military guys in tanks are always the first to go.

LiveScience link if you'd like to read more.

Winner is @SilverDragon568

Prize has been sent!

~Trivia Question - Day 8 - Sunday, Oct. 23~

According to The Zombie Survival Guide, what is one thing zombies can't do?

Answer: Too many to list!

For this question there weren't any wrong answers! Zombies can't do a lot of things, and a lot was mentioned here. I was waiting to see if anyone came up with my favorite, which is they can't climb ladders, and finally near the end it was brought up.

Winner: @Ambrose

~Trivia Question - Day 9 - Monday, Oct. 24~

The opening scenes of this film has a brother and sister being attacked by a zombie in a graveyard.

What's the film?

Answer: Night of the Living Dead

The classic and the remake - such great films.

dwHp2rf.jpg

Winner is Nott

~Trivia Question - Day 10 - Tuesday, Oct. 25~

In the city of Harran, a mysterious viral outbreak has turned most of the population into hyper-aggressive zombie-like creatures.

What does this describe?

Answer: Dying Light Game

When I bought my XBox One, this is one of the games I bought at the same time. I love the game, even though I'm not very good at it.

Winner is: @alagasianflame

~Trivia Question - Day 11 - Wednesday, Oct. 26~

Everything tastes bland without hot sauce.

What am I referring to?

Answer: Liv from iZombie

The only thing Liv can taste is hot sauce.

Winner is @dandelionfires

~Trivia Question - Day 12 - Thursay, Oct. 27~

This film has 8 zombie Dobermans. What is the film?

Answer: Resident Evil

Resident Evil had the 8 dobermans infected with the T-Virus, and I Am Legend did have zombie dogs, they were not dobermans, and I remember 3 of them - it has been awhile since I saw that one. Resident Evil was pretty specific to the breed.

xfUwviu.jpg

Some people didn't get that one right, because they chose 2 answers, and since you can only choose one answer, I chose the first one said.

Winner is @blackdragonflame

~Trivia Question - Day 13 - Friday, Oct. 28~

Considered by many to be the goriest film ever made and one of the funniest "splatstick" horror films since Sam Raimi's Evil Dead 2. What's the film?

Answer: Dead Alive

It even has 88% on the tomatometer scale at Rotten Tomatoes. Quote from Rotten Tomatoes:

The delightfully gonzo tale of a lovestruck teen and his zombified mother, Dead Alive is extremely gory and exceedingly good fun, thanks to Peter Jackson's affection for the tastelessly sublime.

Winner is Kaimon

~Trivia Question - Day 14 - FINAL - Saturday, Oct. 28~

Hope you all have had fun with Undead Trivia and Riot of Rot. I've had fun bringing it to you.

Most of the zombie extras in this film were Pittsburgh residents who volunteered to help in the film. What's the film?

Answer: Day of the Dead

Shot on a measly budget too!

Winner is @NinaOsp

Thank you all for playing! It was a ton of fun, and good luck in the raffles!

tumblr_inline_ny7iuf0sWN1qmzhvw_540.png Veiled Light Hatchery
lDQy1S1.gif
tier-3.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/QFIM0L3.png[/img] Art credit to @KyraG To the raffle runners: @Becquerell, @acheronta, & @Randomshmoe for graciously allowing participants to earn tickets. You all are the best! @Kalhalla - thanks for all the hard work for not only RoR, but for the flight all the time. I want 1/10th of your energy and patience. To all the other event runners - let's have fun! Follow my banner in my signature to the event hub for all the other events for Riot of Rot, and the awesomely cool story running! [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/IhM3nY5.png[/img] If you'd like to be notified when a new question is posted. [/center] @BMVagabond @felistopaz @alagasianflame @chocollama @Mirna @Tyta @SilverDragon568 @ThisOneIsBlue @Wonderlast @dandelionfires @sgkat @Toothless @Leucoss @sagaxi @VoxxVoleur @Eialyne @Silentstep @FaliniFyreheart @Rulanir @tigressRising @Katsuokai @Ambrose @Noxsha @Gedhyr @Hinumi @Fil @BlackBeltGI @BrinBellway @eeriansadow @Ragnarok42 @casuallySleepy @Wintercreek @Monchii @omgKalyppso @Azaylium @NinaOsp @VioletWhirlwind @Hadidah @yyalls @Self @chrysalem @Nott @onefouronetwo @blackdragonflame @Deadprem @pinwheelviper @Kapara
QFIM0L3.png

Art credit to @KyraG

To the raffle runners: @Becquerell, @acheronta, & @Randomshmoe for graciously allowing participants to earn tickets. You all are the best!

@Kalhalla - thanks for all the hard work for not only RoR, but for the flight all the time. I want 1/10th of your energy and patience.

To all the other event runners - let's have fun!

Follow my banner in my signature to the event hub for all the other events for Riot of Rot, and the awesomely cool story running!
IhM3nY5.png
If you'd like to be notified when a new question is posted.

@BMVagabond @felistopaz @alagasianflame @chocollama @Mirna @Tyta @SilverDragon568 @ThisOneIsBlue @Wonderlast @dandelionfires @sgkat @Toothless @Leucoss @sagaxi @VoxxVoleur @Eialyne @Silentstep @FaliniFyreheart @Rulanir @tigressRising @Katsuokai @Ambrose @Noxsha @Gedhyr @Hinumi @Fil @BlackBeltGI @BrinBellway @eeriansadow @Ragnarok42 @casuallySleepy @Wintercreek @Monchii @omgKalyppso @Azaylium @NinaOsp @VioletWhirlwind @Hadidah @yyalls @Self @chrysalem @Nott @onefouronetwo @blackdragonflame @Deadprem @pinwheelviper @Kapara

lDQy1S1.gif
tier-3.png
Open!
Open!
lDQy1S1.gif
tier-3.png
@Cheystar

They're from the eighth century. A similar word in Haitian Creole was used to represent someone who died and was brought back against their will.
@Cheystar

They're from the eighth century. A similar word in Haitian Creole was used to represent someone who died and was brought back against their will.
@Cheystar Is it necessary to ping you with the answers?
@Cheystar Is it necessary to ping you with the answers?
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
@Cheystar

I just want to say thank you so much for the kind thank you! :* Thanks for all of your hard work this looks great!
@Cheystar

I just want to say thank you so much for the kind thank you! :* Thanks for all of your hard work this looks great!
wzRAAhQ.png
@NinaOsp

No, only if you want to.

@kalhalla :)
@NinaOsp

No, only if you want to.

@kalhalla :)
lDQy1S1.gif
tier-3.png
Well, in that case...

The idea of zombies originated from Voodoo! The word "zombie" can be linked to multiple native African language, with the meaning of "corpse" or "spirit of the dead". With the slave trade, people from Africa were forced to convert to Catholicism, which created a mix of religions that ended up creating the Voodoo religion in Haiti, a former French colony. The concept of zombies as walking corpses came from the idea of "witch-doctors" raising the dead as slaves to their will.
Well, in that case...

The idea of zombies originated from Voodoo! The word "zombie" can be linked to multiple native African language, with the meaning of "corpse" or "spirit of the dead". With the slave trade, people from Africa were forced to convert to Catholicism, which created a mix of religions that ended up creating the Voodoo religion in Haiti, a former French colony. The concept of zombies as walking corpses came from the idea of "witch-doctors" raising the dead as slaves to their will.
F9znW0V.pngMOIcidv.pngTAAah4E.pngshadow-mercs-small-banner_zpssyrro27z.png
@Cheystar I'm pretty sure I read in a vodou book once that "zombi" (to use the traditional word) were servants that had been killed (or at least brought near death--it's been a while) and brought back to work in slavery for the bokor who did the magick.

(Bokor are sorcerers in vodou, while mambo and houngan are practitioners for good.)
@Cheystar I'm pretty sure I read in a vodou book once that "zombi" (to use the traditional word) were servants that had been killed (or at least brought near death--it's been a while) and brought back to work in slavery for the bokor who did the magick.

(Bokor are sorcerers in vodou, while mambo and houngan are practitioners for good.)
Animated%20Lauren-sm_zpswflpqod1.pngSleeping%20Meroe_zpsgdmhbnxs.gifmaGQFx6.png
Haiti

((PS @Cheystar Are you doing a pinglist for when new questions go live?))
Haiti

((PS @Cheystar Are you doing a pinglist for when new questions go live?))
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58