Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR] Undead Trivia FINAL
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
Zombies originated from Haitian folklore, where zombies were animated corpses raised by magical means, such as witchcraft.

@Cheystar Nice to see you again! May I please be added to the pinglist?
Zombies originated from Haitian folklore, where zombies were animated corpses raised by magical means, such as witchcraft.

@Cheystar Nice to see you again! May I please be added to the pinglist?
Na5WGHa.png
@tigressRising

Nice to see you too! Hope all is well!
@tigressRising

Nice to see you too! Hope all is well!
9PW8odu.jpg
The word ‘zombie’ is said to have come from nzambi, which in Kongo means ‘spirit of a dead person’, or zonbi, used in the Louisiana Creole or the Haitian Creole that represents a person who died and was then brought to life without speech or free will.
The word ‘zombie’ is said to have come from nzambi, which in Kongo means ‘spirit of a dead person’, or zonbi, used in the Louisiana Creole or the Haitian Creole that represents a person who died and was then brought to life without speech or free will.
@cheystar

I'm assuming our answers don't need to be complex or comprehensive, just correct...

Zombies originated in Haiti from a Vodou practice that involved raising the dead. This is, of course, bad Vodou. Not everyone does this sort of thing.
@cheystar

I'm assuming our answers don't need to be complex or comprehensive, just correct...

Zombies originated in Haiti from a Vodou practice that involved raising the dead. This is, of course, bad Vodou. Not everyone does this sort of thing.
IlluminartiIn-Flight HubPublic Buy
Haiti. Hopefully, The Zombie Survival Guide will not fail me.
Haiti. Hopefully, The Zombie Survival Guide will not fail me.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?
The idea of zombies originated from haitian folklore where it is said that sorcerers used magic to reanimate the corpses of the dead.

@Cheystar Add me to the pinglist, please!
The idea of zombies originated from haitian folklore where it is said that sorcerers used magic to reanimate the corpses of the dead.

@Cheystar Add me to the pinglist, please!
69nIsKW.pngZZyKFJK.gifaeepzid.pngK5Ygz6H.gifkQ6a9lN.pnghYGY1dA.gifs934ycP.png
@Cheystar
The term comes from Haitian folklore, where a zombie is a dead body reanimated through various methods, most commonly magic.
@Cheystar
The term comes from Haitian folklore, where a zombie is a dead body reanimated through various methods, most commonly magic.
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
(please add me to the pinglist!)

The contemporary idea of Zombies as we know them derives from Haitian, Kongo and Creole conglomerate belief systems (which can be further traced back to Africa), primarily Voodoo. While attributed now to corpses reanimated through magic, one (very sad and telling) early iteration says that a zombie is a soul trapped in a servile body (thus leading the original zombies to be a personification of slavery and fears of eternal servitude).
(please add me to the pinglist!)

The contemporary idea of Zombies as we know them derives from Haitian, Kongo and Creole conglomerate belief systems (which can be further traced back to Africa), primarily Voodoo. While attributed now to corpses reanimated through magic, one (very sad and telling) early iteration says that a zombie is a soul trapped in a servile body (thus leading the original zombies to be a personification of slavery and fears of eternal servitude).
jvTgQEX.png
@Cheystar
Add me to pinglist please :)
The idea of zombies originated where?
The idea of zombies originated from Haitian folklore. They are featured as a dead persons physically revived by the act of necromancy of a bokor (bokor is a vodou sorcerer)
@Cheystar
Add me to pinglist please :)
The idea of zombies originated where?
The idea of zombies originated from Haitian folklore. They are featured as a dead persons physically revived by the act of necromancy of a bokor (bokor is a vodou sorcerer)
>JxINBic.pngHe/they
>Cancer sun|Libra moon|Scorpio asc
>DeviantArt|Art shop
UwUnl7O.png
The idea of zombies came from the Haitian culture in the 17th and 18th centuries in Haiti, where Haitians believe that zombies were corpses reanimated by shamans and voodoo priests.

Also, can you add me to the pinglist @Cheystar?
The idea of zombies came from the Haitian culture in the 17th and 18th centuries in Haiti, where Haitians believe that zombies were corpses reanimated by shamans and voodoo priests.

Also, can you add me to the pinglist @Cheystar?
Rare-Best.pngVHdjF70.pngRare-Spirit.png
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58