Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR] Undead Trivia FINAL
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
@Cheystar Could I be added to the pinglist, please?

Zombies originated in Haitian folklore, so Haiti!
@Cheystar Could I be added to the pinglist, please?

Zombies originated in Haitian folklore, so Haiti!
vbqABeH.gifvy2C1Og.gif
@Cheystar

I'd love a daily ping for new questions~ Do we need to record our participation to get raffle tickets, or do you sort that out over in that hoard of undead?

I think zombies are originally Haitian? Can't remember much more than that. I don't think it was quite like modern versions and Frankenstein though. We know a lot more about how things like germs and radiation work now.
@Cheystar

I'd love a daily ping for new questions~ Do we need to record our participation to get raffle tickets, or do you sort that out over in that hoard of undead?

I think zombies are originally Haitian? Can't remember much more than that. I don't think it was quite like modern versions and Frankenstein though. We know a lot more about how things like germs and radiation work now.
4UUQPPZ.gif
@VoxxVoleur

I record it daily, and send the totals off to the raffle masters at the end of each week, so you don't need to do anything except play! :)
@VoxxVoleur

I record it daily, and send the totals off to the raffle masters at the end of each week, so you don't need to do anything except play! :)
9PW8odu.jpg
The term zombie comes from Haitian folklore, particularly Voodoo. A zombie (although this term could refer generally to any dead spirit or ghost) originally referred to the mindless, free-will-lacking slave of a bokor or witchdoctor. There's some disagreement as to whether Haitian slaves actually believed in zombies or if zombies were a reflection of their own situation or if one thing lead to another and stories of zombies turned into a belief in zombies.

(No disrespect intended to the religion. I know general things, not specifics nor nuances.)
The term zombie comes from Haitian folklore, particularly Voodoo. A zombie (although this term could refer generally to any dead spirit or ghost) originally referred to the mindless, free-will-lacking slave of a bokor or witchdoctor. There's some disagreement as to whether Haitian slaves actually believed in zombies or if zombies were a reflection of their own situation or if one thing lead to another and stories of zombies turned into a belief in zombies.

(No disrespect intended to the religion. I know general things, not specifics nor nuances.)
tumblr_inline_nwu3p0MJo01t7d5o3_500.gif
@Cheystar

Pinglist, please!
@Cheystar

Pinglist, please!
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
The idea of zombies came from Haitian Slavery.
Please no more zombie questions I hate looking at the pictures. >.<
Jk I just won't answer anymore. XD

Also, may I be added to the pinglist?
The idea of zombies came from Haitian Slavery.
Please no more zombie questions I hate looking at the pictures. >.<
Jk I just won't answer anymore. XD

Also, may I be added to the pinglist?
1014_b_150px_silentstep_by_miirshroom-dbensv6.png
I don't normally post on the forums since I'm shy, so I'm trying to step out of my shell a little.. Here goes nothing! >.>

The origin of the word "zombie" is West African, and can be compared to the Kongo words nzambi (god) and zumbi (fetish). They are featured widely in Haitian rural folklore.

I would also like to be added to the pinglist, please!
I don't normally post on the forums since I'm shy, so I'm trying to step out of my shell a little.. Here goes nothing! >.>

The origin of the word "zombie" is West African, and can be compared to the Kongo words nzambi (god) and zumbi (fetish). They are featured widely in Haitian rural folklore.

I would also like to be added to the pinglist, please!

fWKq08u.gif
@FaliniFyreheart

Aww. nice to see you out! Don't be too shy, it's a lot of fun on the forums, specially within Plague. :)
@FaliniFyreheart

Aww. nice to see you out! Don't be too shy, it's a lot of fun on the forums, specially within Plague. :)
9PW8odu.jpg
@cheystar
Well, the word comes from west Africa, but zombies seemed to first feature in Haitian folklore? So I guess I'm going with Haiti.
@cheystar
Well, the word comes from west Africa, but zombies seemed to first feature in Haitian folklore? So I guess I'm going with Haiti.
BUYING!:

food @ 20fp/t
coli grinding @ 50kt/h
The idea of zombies originated in Haitian folklore, where they are mindless slaves of a bokor or magician.

@Cheystar Can I be pinged for new questions, please? :D
The idea of zombies originated in Haitian folklore, where they are mindless slaves of a bokor or magician.

@Cheystar Can I be pinged for new questions, please? :D
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58