Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | [RoR] Undead Trivia FINAL
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58
@Cheystar

Id like to be added!

Also, the idea of zombies originated in the 8th centry from Haitian Folklore. The idea was that they were an undead being that had been ressurected using humans, and re animate through many different ways, commonly through magic.

The word "zombie"

Was first recorded in an english dictionary in 1819, by a Brazillian poet listed under "Zambi". The oxford Dictionary gives refrence to West African words "nzambi" meaning god and "zumbi" meaning fetish, so a zombie would have been a "god of fetishes" or "fetish god"
@Cheystar

Id like to be added!

Also, the idea of zombies originated in the 8th centry from Haitian Folklore. The idea was that they were an undead being that had been ressurected using humans, and re animate through many different ways, commonly through magic.

The word "zombie"

Was first recorded in an english dictionary in 1819, by a Brazillian poet listed under "Zambi". The oxford Dictionary gives refrence to West African words "nzambi" meaning god and "zumbi" meaning fetish, so a zombie would have been a "god of fetishes" or "fetish god"
Add me to pinglist for daily questions please! :D [quote]The idea of zombies originated where?[/quote] Hm, I think it's originally from Haiti, where it was associated with voodoo. I've read that zombielike symptoms could have been mimicked with some herbs/tonics/potions associated with voodoo, and that may be part of zombies' origin too.
Add me to pinglist for daily questions please! :D
Quote:
The idea of zombies originated where?

Hm, I think it's originally from Haiti, where it was associated with voodoo. I've read that zombielike symptoms could have been mimicked with some herbs/tonics/potions associated with voodoo, and that may be part of zombies' origin too.
1fTWTjV.png
@Cheystar I would like to be added to the pinglist!

Oooo pretty bog!

The idea of zombies came from a word from nzambi (I think I spelled that right......) that roughly means "spirit of the dead" or from a word that roughly means a person brought back from the dead without speech (and I believe) without free will
@Cheystar I would like to be added to the pinglist!

Oooo pretty bog!

The idea of zombies came from a word from nzambi (I think I spelled that right......) that roughly means "spirit of the dead" or from a word that roughly means a person brought back from the dead without speech (and I believe) without free will
tumblr_oujvn28ZjA1uxu4o6o1_250.gif
@Cheystar

The idea of zombies originated as a fictional creature that came from a "reanimation" of a human corpse. The term comes from Haitian folklore, and "their" zombies were made from magic or mental diseases.

Nowadays- they are used to scare the be-jeebies out of me!

May I please be added to the pinglist?
@Cheystar

The idea of zombies originated as a fictional creature that came from a "reanimation" of a human corpse. The term comes from Haitian folklore, and "their" zombies were made from magic or mental diseases.

Nowadays- they are used to scare the be-jeebies out of me!

May I please be added to the pinglist?
qCbUEpz.giflovebug.pngTI0OYbZ.pngcristmastransparent_by_skullkaizer-dbo39ey.gif[/url]
"History shows that this idea dates back to the 8th century. The word ‘zombie’ is said to have come from nzambi, which in Kongo means ‘spirit of a dead person’, or zonbi, used in the Louisiana Creole or the Haitian Creole that represents a person who died and was then brought to life without speech or free will."

Can you add me to the pinglist, please?
"History shows that this idea dates back to the 8th century. The word ‘zombie’ is said to have come from nzambi, which in Kongo means ‘spirit of a dead person’, or zonbi, used in the Louisiana Creole or the Haitian Creole that represents a person who died and was then brought to life without speech or free will."

Can you add me to the pinglist, please?
TuEVAjZ.pngNPeGYYg.pngLELtNFt.png
@Cheystar
I'd like a ping everyday for the trivia questions!

Zombies originate from Haiti! They are dead people revived by a bokor, or a sorcerer, and made to do their master's bidding. They have no will of their own. This eventually migrated and incorporated itself into popular culture today.
@Cheystar
I'd like a ping everyday for the trivia questions!

Zombies originate from Haiti! They are dead people revived by a bokor, or a sorcerer, and made to do their master's bidding. They have no will of their own. This eventually migrated and incorporated itself into popular culture today.
1WhYQHt.png
@Cheystar Please add me to the pinglist!

The idea of zombies originated in the folklore of Haitian slaves. After Haiti gained independence and freedom from slavery, the idea of undead people trapped in their own bodies became incorporated in to the Voodoo religion. The idea was taken by American filmmakers to popularize our current idea of the zombie.
@Cheystar Please add me to the pinglist!

The idea of zombies originated in the folklore of Haitian slaves. After Haiti gained independence and freedom from slavery, the idea of undead people trapped in their own bodies became incorporated in to the Voodoo religion. The idea was taken by American filmmakers to popularize our current idea of the zombie.
XAwbs1b.pngcxbFZBI.pngc4w7tx2.png
@Cheystar Please add me to the pinglist.

The most commonly cited origin of zombie mythology is from Haitian folklore.
@Cheystar Please add me to the pinglist.

The most commonly cited origin of zombie mythology is from Haitian folklore.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@Cheystar
Can I be added to the pinglist, please? :D

As for today's question.... zombies originally came from Haitian folklore! Reanimating the dead, voodoo, and all that~
@Cheystar
Can I be added to the pinglist, please? :D

As for today's question.... zombies originally came from Haitian folklore! Reanimating the dead, voodoo, and all that~
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
TBVYKs7.jpeg
The Undead have many forms in many cultures but the 'zombie' myth seems to come from Haiti where the zombies (there are corporeal and incorporeal examples) from the many slaves' cultures mixed with the realities of slavery and a dose of post-Haitian Revolution demonisation of Vodou to conclude in the mindless, cannibalistic, forced servant brought back by magic (with some explanations that the magic was the power of suggestion, traumatizing the victim, and tetrodotoxin). Or so internet says.

Anyway that's humans, for bugs on the other hand, the zombie apocalypse is more of a pick your poison kind of deal and by poison I mean pathogen, classics include:
Though there are some studies on the behavior of mice infected with T. gondii... it seems a good idea to be ready!
The Undead have many forms in many cultures but the 'zombie' myth seems to come from Haiti where the zombies (there are corporeal and incorporeal examples) from the many slaves' cultures mixed with the realities of slavery and a dose of post-Haitian Revolution demonisation of Vodou to conclude in the mindless, cannibalistic, forced servant brought back by magic (with some explanations that the magic was the power of suggestion, traumatizing the victim, and tetrodotoxin). Or so internet says.

Anyway that's humans, for bugs on the other hand, the zombie apocalypse is more of a pick your poison kind of deal and by poison I mean pathogen, classics include:
Though there are some studies on the behavior of mice infected with T. gondii... it seems a good idea to be ready!
ChnC9aU.gifZ4DhW7f.gift7I6jCj.gifWMCEgD8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 57 58