Back

Forum Games

Play word and forum games here.
TOPIC | BM3: The Film Noir | FINISHED
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 67 68
@kirkfan2255

Can I be a sub? Never really played mafia on FR. but signed up for fandom maf. But I have done mafia on another site. But still new to it.
@kirkfan2255

Can I be a sub? Never really played mafia on FR. but signed up for fandom maf. But I have done mafia on another site. But still new to it.
@Gwendolyn
Absolutely! Thank you for signing up :)
@Gwendolyn
Absolutely! Thank you for signing up :)
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
@Raya36 @Fil @AnonEclipse @karatek @KathiraNarae @Rocnix @Frayxing @TheNightDancer @TrickingFate @nsts @RavenWolf @xspideray @Craneoflores @Ambrose @Tsaiah

@Stormdreamer @Gwendolyn

@Kapara @Nerasis @Bequerel @LordAlois @Kalideoscope @wbq @kirkfan2255 @Chaoticreactions @Mithent

Hello players, spectators, and substitutes (and a few miscellaneous other folks ;) )! Thank you all for your interest in Beginner's Mafia 3: The Film Noir! We have completely filled our player slots, and are set to start on Friday, September 9 as planned.

If you find you have a conflict (I know how suddenly things can crop up), please let me know ASAP if possible. There's still plenty of time to fill player slots if necessary, and I'd like to start with a full game if possible.

A few notes on future updates: Players and Spectators, you will receive PMs from me this afternoon (I will not be around tomorrow, and I have the time now) with your role and/or a link to the spectator chat. You will all then receive a ping from me at game start, and at each subsequent End of the Day post.

The game will be taking place in this thread, and I will be reserving a post for it Friday around 15:00 FR. Once the post is reserved, do not post until you are pinged. Any user who is not a living player or advisor may not post in this thread after this time unless they replace in or at the end of the game.

Please make sure you know the rules of the game by rereading THIS POST if necessary. It is rather extensive, I know, but the rules contain very important information regarding the game, and any questions that can be found in this post will simply be referred back to it.

Thank you all once again for joining! If you have any questions that I can answer, please feel free to ping me here or PM me. If you know of any other players who may be interested in becoming a substitute, there is no way to have enough subs, so please send them my way. Otherwise, I'll see you all on Friday when the game begins!
@Raya36 @Fil @AnonEclipse @karatek @KathiraNarae @Rocnix @Frayxing @TheNightDancer @TrickingFate @nsts @RavenWolf @xspideray @Craneoflores @Ambrose @Tsaiah

@Stormdreamer @Gwendolyn

@Kapara @Nerasis @Bequerel @LordAlois @Kalideoscope @wbq @kirkfan2255 @Chaoticreactions @Mithent

Hello players, spectators, and substitutes (and a few miscellaneous other folks ;) )! Thank you all for your interest in Beginner's Mafia 3: The Film Noir! We have completely filled our player slots, and are set to start on Friday, September 9 as planned.

If you find you have a conflict (I know how suddenly things can crop up), please let me know ASAP if possible. There's still plenty of time to fill player slots if necessary, and I'd like to start with a full game if possible.

A few notes on future updates: Players and Spectators, you will receive PMs from me this afternoon (I will not be around tomorrow, and I have the time now) with your role and/or a link to the spectator chat. You will all then receive a ping from me at game start, and at each subsequent End of the Day post.

The game will be taking place in this thread, and I will be reserving a post for it Friday around 15:00 FR. Once the post is reserved, do not post until you are pinged. Any user who is not a living player or advisor may not post in this thread after this time unless they replace in or at the end of the game.

Please make sure you know the rules of the game by rereading THIS POST if necessary. It is rather extensive, I know, but the rules contain very important information regarding the game, and any questions that can be found in this post will simply be referred back to it.

Thank you all once again for joining! If you have any questions that I can answer, please feel free to ping me here or PM me. If you know of any other players who may be interested in becoming a substitute, there is no way to have enough subs, so please send them my way. Otherwise, I'll see you all on Friday when the game begins!
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
@Kirkfan2255

Is it too late to pop into spectator land?
@Kirkfan2255

Is it too late to pop into spectator land?
download-3.png FR+3
Any pronouns
Sell me your frogs!
@BlueAlphyn885
Not at all! Glad to have you aboard!
@BlueAlphyn885
Not at all! Glad to have you aboard!
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
End of Day 0

I sat idly in my chair, pouring out two measures of amber liquid into glasses. The night had been quiet, and long - no one around, just me, and my thoughts. The room was dark, but enough light slid in from the street lamps so as to make it easy enough to see. I slid the second glass over to the chair across from me, a gut feeling that someone was about to come to call. I usually wasn’t wrong.

Myself, I picked up my glass, and had just drawn it to my lips when there was a slam. Of course, I didn’t jump, having expected-

“Stop your goddamn monologuing!” Chao, my partner, growled. She flicked the lights on, and I shielded my eyes, setting down the apple juice slowly.

“Chao why?!” I cried. “You know how much I’ve wanted this since I was a kid-”

“Yeah, which is why I’m putting up with this after the fiasco that MafiaHouse turned out to be!” Chao huffed a sigh. “Ugh. We lost so much footage…

Kirke rolled her eyes, giving up the internal monologue for the moment. “We discussed this. It’s no one’s fault that it happened. Plus, everyone was safe at the end, so it’s fine.”

“IT IS NOT FINE!” Chao roared, then took a visible deep breath. “Fine fine, I’m cool, I’m fine,” she whispered. At a normal volume, she continued. “Anyway, we don’t have time for your ‘cool-guy sour knight’ routine. We need to get a case and get ourselves back into good standing.”

Kirke rolled her eyes again. It was becoming a theme when working with Chao. “You’re ruining the mood when you interrupt my monologuing.”

“You’re ruining the mood when you interrupt my monologuing,” Chao mimicked, sitting down and throwing the juice in the glass back in one gulp. “Ugh, don’t you have anything stronger?” she asked, setting it back down.

“Not in front of the kids!” Kirke gasped, snatching the glass away. “We talked about this!”

Chao muttered something about ruined fun, but just then, the door opened.

Mithent, the hapless soul who’d been roped into being the front of their private eye office, burst in. “Guys, someone’s here to talk about a case!”

“Wait really?” Chao perked up. “We are absolutely taking this.”

“We should see what they want first,” I said, slipping back into monologue mode. “You wait in the shadows. Mith, lead them in.”

I poured another glass, sweeping the dirty one into the garbage. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t a glass so much as a styrofoam cup, but it did the trick. I was calm and collected, at least...until she walked in.

The first thing I noticed was the little red number that hugged her form. Tight, but not overly so. The next thing was just how terrified she looked.

“Ms Finn?” she asked, hesitant, curious. “I’m Meg Sharpe, and I need your help.”

Begin Day 1

@Raya36 @Fil @AnonEclipse @karatek @KathiraNarae @Rocnix @Frayxing @TheNightDancer @TrickingFate @nsts @RavenWolf @xspideray @Craneoflores @Ambrose @Tsaiah @Stormdreamer @Gwendolyn @Vipera @Kapara @Nerasis @Bequerel @LordAlois @Kalideoscope @wbq @BlueAlphyn885 @kirkfan2255 @Chaoticreactions @Mithent

Notes
--Mod done goofed and forgot that her class basically goes until 16:00, so I'm posting this early. This does not affect the lockdown time, but extends the day slightly.
--Only living players and advisors are allowed to post in this thread until the game ends. Spectators have access to a separate spectator chat. All other parties must PM me.
--If you have questions and do not have a private QT (all non-power roles), please PM me.
--Any closed QT links are now open to post in.
--Day 1 ends 9/11/16 at 16:00 FR

Vote Count 1.1

Not Voting: Raya36, Fil, AnonEclipse, karatek, KathiraNarae, Rocnix, Frayxing, TheNightDancer, TrickingFate, nsts, RavenWolf, xspideray, Craneoflores

Extensions Remaining Today: 1
Extensions Remaining In Game: 3
Votes to Extension: 0/5
End of Day 0

I sat idly in my chair, pouring out two measures of amber liquid into glasses. The night had been quiet, and long - no one around, just me, and my thoughts. The room was dark, but enough light slid in from the street lamps so as to make it easy enough to see. I slid the second glass over to the chair across from me, a gut feeling that someone was about to come to call. I usually wasn’t wrong.

Myself, I picked up my glass, and had just drawn it to my lips when there was a slam. Of course, I didn’t jump, having expected-

“Stop your goddamn monologuing!” Chao, my partner, growled. She flicked the lights on, and I shielded my eyes, setting down the apple juice slowly.

“Chao why?!” I cried. “You know how much I’ve wanted this since I was a kid-”

“Yeah, which is why I’m putting up with this after the fiasco that MafiaHouse turned out to be!” Chao huffed a sigh. “Ugh. We lost so much footage…

Kirke rolled her eyes, giving up the internal monologue for the moment. “We discussed this. It’s no one’s fault that it happened. Plus, everyone was safe at the end, so it’s fine.”

“IT IS NOT FINE!” Chao roared, then took a visible deep breath. “Fine fine, I’m cool, I’m fine,” she whispered. At a normal volume, she continued. “Anyway, we don’t have time for your ‘cool-guy sour knight’ routine. We need to get a case and get ourselves back into good standing.”

Kirke rolled her eyes again. It was becoming a theme when working with Chao. “You’re ruining the mood when you interrupt my monologuing.”

“You’re ruining the mood when you interrupt my monologuing,” Chao mimicked, sitting down and throwing the juice in the glass back in one gulp. “Ugh, don’t you have anything stronger?” she asked, setting it back down.

“Not in front of the kids!” Kirke gasped, snatching the glass away. “We talked about this!”

Chao muttered something about ruined fun, but just then, the door opened.

Mithent, the hapless soul who’d been roped into being the front of their private eye office, burst in. “Guys, someone’s here to talk about a case!”

“Wait really?” Chao perked up. “We are absolutely taking this.”

“We should see what they want first,” I said, slipping back into monologue mode. “You wait in the shadows. Mith, lead them in.”

I poured another glass, sweeping the dirty one into the garbage. Okay, so maybe it wasn’t a glass so much as a styrofoam cup, but it did the trick. I was calm and collected, at least...until she walked in.

The first thing I noticed was the little red number that hugged her form. Tight, but not overly so. The next thing was just how terrified she looked.

“Ms Finn?” she asked, hesitant, curious. “I’m Meg Sharpe, and I need your help.”

Begin Day 1

@Raya36 @Fil @AnonEclipse @karatek @KathiraNarae @Rocnix @Frayxing @TheNightDancer @TrickingFate @nsts @RavenWolf @xspideray @Craneoflores @Ambrose @Tsaiah @Stormdreamer @Gwendolyn @Vipera @Kapara @Nerasis @Bequerel @LordAlois @Kalideoscope @wbq @BlueAlphyn885 @kirkfan2255 @Chaoticreactions @Mithent

Notes
--Mod done goofed and forgot that her class basically goes until 16:00, so I'm posting this early. This does not affect the lockdown time, but extends the day slightly.
--Only living players and advisors are allowed to post in this thread until the game ends. Spectators have access to a separate spectator chat. All other parties must PM me.
--If you have questions and do not have a private QT (all non-power roles), please PM me.
--Any closed QT links are now open to post in.
--Day 1 ends 9/11/16 at 16:00 FR

Vote Count 1.1

Not Voting: Raya36, Fil, AnonEclipse, karatek, KathiraNarae, Rocnix, Frayxing, TheNightDancer, TrickingFate, nsts, RavenWolf, xspideray, Craneoflores

Extensions Remaining Today: 1
Extensions Remaining In Game: 3
Votes to Extension: 0/5
3bMwIy2.png
Kirk, FR +2
Hey, this started! I'm hoping school and another mafia won't interfere with my activity here.
Hey, this started! I'm hoping school and another mafia won't interfere with my activity here.
968.png
dancer | fr+3 | music shop | g1 sales | wishlist
Yesssss I'm so excited
Yesssss I'm so excited
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
Me too, @TheNightDancer. Except mostly just school. The struggle is real

Do we want to get a survey or something? Maybe?
Me too, @TheNightDancer. Except mostly just school. The struggle is real

Do we want to get a survey or something? Maybe?
P0MOvQm.pngoA9oszV.png
Hello all!
Do we want to use a Random Vote to generate information, or should we just talk about ourselves and see where the accusations fly?
Hello all!
Do we want to use a Random Vote to generate information, or should we just talk about ourselves and see where the accusations fly?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 67 68