Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Jewelry Box Fae - Unof. Var
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
@ShatterSoul

Oooh this is nice, I like giving other Faes a chance since there would be others that could have chipped plating and other things. Like a Gold fae who's plating started to chip and reveal the silver color underneath :3 I got my pair and they could be a breeding pair for "Chipping platinum jewelery" if it's either Platinum/X/Silver or Silver/X/Platinum both would work for that :3
@ShatterSoul

Oooh this is nice, I like giving other Faes a chance since there would be others that could have chipped plating and other things. Like a Gold fae who's plating started to chip and reveal the silver color underneath :3 I got my pair and they could be a breeding pair for "Chipping platinum jewelery" if it's either Platinum/X/Silver or Silver/X/Platinum both would work for that :3
sGxABHj.pngtumblr_ntvjrideNS1uclxu6o1_100.png
@CQHeteroSteve the desirable thing about platinum is its durability and hardness vs gold, and that it doesn't chip :) nor scratch ... nor tarnish ... platinum is expensive, because it lasts and lasts. So if you want to keep accuracy with the jewelry theme, chipping platinum would never exist. Edit: Platinum Inlay would be more realistic.
@CQHeteroSteve the desirable thing about platinum is its durability and hardness vs gold, and that it doesn't chip :) nor scratch ... nor tarnish ... platinum is expensive, because it lasts and lasts. So if you want to keep accuracy with the jewelry theme, chipping platinum would never exist. Edit: Platinum Inlay would be more realistic.
duHgkuH.png
An example of Inlay - where one metal is combined with another, in this case gold and silver. Platinum / Silver Inlay would be perfect for your XYZs. @CQHeteroSteve

https://www.larsonjewelers.com/p-296-apollo-gold-inlaid-raised-center-tungsten-wedding-band-6mm-8mm.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1NzZBRCoARIsAIaMwuuyEUgodAjb8v8ePBIVzrZA5fTus6YrZ0Q1WWC-DzC0rl62BHeiavkaAkn3EALw_wcB

Here is a black with Rose Gold inlay
https://www.casavir.com/product/polished-black-zirconium-with-offset-14k-rose-gold-inlay/

They are very pretty .... I think this is a nice option
An example of Inlay - where one metal is combined with another, in this case gold and silver. Platinum / Silver Inlay would be perfect for your XYZs. @CQHeteroSteve

https://www.larsonjewelers.com/p-296-apollo-gold-inlaid-raised-center-tungsten-wedding-band-6mm-8mm.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjw1NzZBRCoARIsAIaMwuuyEUgodAjb8v8ePBIVzrZA5fTus6YrZ0Q1WWC-DzC0rl62BHeiavkaAkn3EALw_wcB

Here is a black with Rose Gold inlay
https://www.casavir.com/product/polished-black-zirconium-with-offset-14k-rose-gold-inlay/

They are very pretty .... I think this is a nice option
duHgkuH.png
@bonibaru It was just an example, it could even just be painted and the paint chipped. Not all rings are pure metal ;)
@bonibaru It was just an example, it could even just be painted and the paint chipped. Not all rings are pure metal ;)
@CQHerosteve if it's painted and not real metal then that goes back to the identifier of Costume Jewelry :)

You want to be careful that you don't infringe too much on the original subspecies or "cheapen" it by impacting the lore.

The lore is that the JBF are precious metals and gemstones come to life. So they appeal to our greedy, hoarding dragons. Do you want to market your unofficial variants as cheap painted knock-offs of the real thing? The idea of the oxidized copper being old and antique, adds some value to them because of rarity and age. What is the value of chipping fakes? I mean I don't have a dog in this hunt, so to speak, but I want to make sure you think about the impact of how your dragons get perceived value to adopters based on how you frame what they are and where they came from.
@CQHerosteve if it's painted and not real metal then that goes back to the identifier of Costume Jewelry :)

You want to be careful that you don't infringe too much on the original subspecies or "cheapen" it by impacting the lore.

The lore is that the JBF are precious metals and gemstones come to life. So they appeal to our greedy, hoarding dragons. Do you want to market your unofficial variants as cheap painted knock-offs of the real thing? The idea of the oxidized copper being old and antique, adds some value to them because of rarity and age. What is the value of chipping fakes? I mean I don't have a dog in this hunt, so to speak, but I want to make sure you think about the impact of how your dragons get perceived value to adopters based on how you frame what they are and where they came from.
duHgkuH.png
@bonibaru

I'm not trying to rip them off I'm just giving out ideas DX What would you recommend? Inlay would really only work with contour lines unless it's a really bizarre inlay.
@bonibaru

I'm not trying to rip them off I'm just giving out ideas DX What would you recommend? Inlay would really only work with contour lines unless it's a really bizarre inlay.
@ShatterSoul I have some more ideas other then Oxidized Copper which im loving seeing that come to life, that was a random idea I saw after seeing the subspecies..

I have other jewelry ideas, but mostly from where I am from ( New Zealand ) such as Paua or Ponamu ill post stuff when I flush it out.
@ShatterSoul I have some more ideas other then Oxidized Copper which im loving seeing that come to life, that was a random idea I saw after seeing the subspecies..

I have other jewelry ideas, but mostly from where I am from ( New Zealand ) such as Paua or Ponamu ill post stuff when I flush it out.
ice.gifWpjbI2U.gif
I'm so happy to have a thread for offshoots/variants! Please ping me if there's success in breeding oxidized copper variants.
I'm so happy to have a thread for offshoots/variants! Please ping me if there's success in breeding oxidized copper variants.
@CQHerosteve there is all kinds of inlay! I had a subspecies for a while (it died for lack of interest - other people had tried it before and it also died for lack of interest) called Kintsukoroi, which required lapis crackle, which is a Japanese method of repairing broken pottery using gold inlay. Of course a ring is going to have symmetrical inlay, but not all inlay is symmetrical :) here is my poor exalted Kintsukoroi girl. She had great lore, too, it was a shame. Crackle is a no-go for a lot of people. http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41110620 It's just a thought :) Normally with a subspecies Variant, it is important to maintain the integrity of the original subspecies lore, and the tie-in. So hopefully you can all agree on a good way to integrate the XYZ. Also don't overlook the beauty of lapis crackle - it's the foundation of my Abalone subspecies (which only I seem to love, but I'm ok with that lol) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40100197] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/401002/40100197_350.png[/img] [/url]
@CQHerosteve there is all kinds of inlay!

I had a subspecies for a while (it died for lack of interest - other people had tried it before and it also died for lack of interest) called Kintsukoroi, which required lapis crackle, which is a Japanese method of repairing broken pottery using gold inlay. Of course a ring is going to have symmetrical inlay, but not all inlay is symmetrical :) here is my poor exalted Kintsukoroi girl. She had great lore, too, it was a shame. Crackle is a no-go for a lot of people.

http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41110620

It's just a thought :) Normally with a subspecies Variant, it is important to maintain the integrity of the original subspecies lore, and the tie-in. So hopefully you can all agree on a good way to integrate the XYZ.

Also don't overlook the beauty of lapis crackle - it's the foundation of my Abalone subspecies (which only I seem to love, but I'm ok with that lol)

40100197_350.png
duHgkuH.png
@bonibaru

It just seems like all my ideas are junk because anytime I say something someone always came along and tells me my idea if flawed. I didn't think platinum was that strong and I wanted to help the community for once. I'm just a lonely user nobody talks to so there's that too.

I think your lapis crackle looks gorgeous, especially as it has that tiny bit of gold in it. It could probably belong here too since there is Lapis jewelry.
@bonibaru

It just seems like all my ideas are junk because anytime I say something someone always came along and tells me my idea if flawed. I didn't think platinum was that strong and I wanted to help the community for once. I'm just a lonely user nobody talks to so there's that too.

I think your lapis crackle looks gorgeous, especially as it has that tiny bit of gold in it. It could probably belong here too since there is Lapis jewelry.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15