Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Chat with a Wandering Zephyr?
1 2 3 4 5
"He is. Found him as a wee little baby, as he grew he liked to run with me. His legs are stronger than most I think." She said, shaking her head. She visibly perked, rummaging through a small bag that was hidden from sight.

She pulled out a small book about plants, flipping through pages until she landed on the correct page. "Lets see.." She paused to read, eyes narrowing in concentration. "Mm.. It doesn't say what sub region.. Just that it can be found in Dragonhome." she huffed, shoving the book back into her bag. "Maybe we can ask some natives, they'd probably know, right?"
"He is. Found him as a wee little baby, as he grew he liked to run with me. His legs are stronger than most I think." She said, shaking her head. She visibly perked, rummaging through a small bag that was hidden from sight.

She pulled out a small book about plants, flipping through pages until she landed on the correct page. "Lets see.." She paused to read, eyes narrowing in concentration. "Mm.. It doesn't say what sub region.. Just that it can be found in Dragonhome." she huffed, shoving the book back into her bag. "Maybe we can ask some natives, they'd probably know, right?"
oooooooooo YLVUOKI.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)
The traveler's reply made his smile deepen. It was a rare occasion to meet someone who did not run on sight. Much less, someone will to talk to him. "Splendid," he drawled out. "Quite frankly I rarely get to tell my stories to strangers. You might be the first. I do a different kind of 'talking' if you get what I mean." He could sense nervousness from the traveler which made him even more amused.

Carnage positioned himself comfortably before clearing his throat. "Hmm, let's see...where do I begin." He paused for a moment, trying to think of what to tell. "Ah yes, the origin of my name," he continued, smiling. "Carnage is what others call me, but it isn't really my name. In fact, I don't have a name for I was an orphan, abandoned as an egg. I didn't bother giving myself one since I thought names were pointless. Anyways, being homeless and clanless I became a wandering traveler or should I say an infamous criminal? Let's just say I accumulated quite a lot of sins back then which led me to acquire that name. Perhaps they should've called me Sin instead right?" He laughed at his word as if there was anything funny about it.

(LOL, Carnage is a crazy ole chap but he isn't a danger yet.)

The traveler's reply made his smile deepen. It was a rare occasion to meet someone who did not run on sight. Much less, someone will to talk to him. "Splendid," he drawled out. "Quite frankly I rarely get to tell my stories to strangers. You might be the first. I do a different kind of 'talking' if you get what I mean." He could sense nervousness from the traveler which made him even more amused.

Carnage positioned himself comfortably before clearing his throat. "Hmm, let's see...where do I begin." He paused for a moment, trying to think of what to tell. "Ah yes, the origin of my name," he continued, smiling. "Carnage is what others call me, but it isn't really my name. In fact, I don't have a name for I was an orphan, abandoned as an egg. I didn't bother giving myself one since I thought names were pointless. Anyways, being homeless and clanless I became a wandering traveler or should I say an infamous criminal? Let's just say I accumulated quite a lot of sins back then which led me to acquire that name. Perhaps they should've called me Sin instead right?" He laughed at his word as if there was anything funny about it.

(LOL, Carnage is a crazy ole chap but he isn't a danger yet.)

flightrising_forum_mephistopheles_by_sunfaun-dbffmeb.png
@Fourr (Heh, maybe we should move this to PMs soon; this is quite the nice interaction!)

"Yup, that's a good way to get a friend for life! Taiki came from the same land I do, so you could say we are more of birds of a feather flocking together; very docile though, so maybe they were owned before? Or just a gentle nature."

Isamu sighed, before looking at his Wind Tome/book of maps to judge where they are currently. "Ok, there should be some form of clan close to here.....Hopefully, they will know where that root you need is. I'll come with you; I'm kinda curious about it now too because of this, and my wandering can wait a while."
@Fourr (Heh, maybe we should move this to PMs soon; this is quite the nice interaction!)

"Yup, that's a good way to get a friend for life! Taiki came from the same land I do, so you could say we are more of birds of a feather flocking together; very docile though, so maybe they were owned before? Or just a gentle nature."

Isamu sighed, before looking at his Wind Tome/book of maps to judge where they are currently. "Ok, there should be some form of clan close to here.....Hopefully, they will know where that root you need is. I'll come with you; I'm kinda curious about it now too because of this, and my wandering can wait a while."
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
@Solztize

Isamu just nodded and poured himself some more tea and settled in to listen; as nervous as he may be, not only was he curious.......But he liked to live up to his name's meaning, and that meant being brave in the face of fear.

Cue an awkward laugh to come from the Skydancer. "Yeah, perhaps so.......To be fair, if I remember right, my name simply means 'brave' and nothing else, so we both don't have names that are more complex than a simple word. And um.......you did what you had to do in order to survive, so I cannot judge you on your past actions, as it would be unfair to do so when I don't know the full context." He's trying his best to play it cool, but tbh, he's kinda failing, though his Foo is trying to help by staying close to him.
@Solztize

Isamu just nodded and poured himself some more tea and settled in to listen; as nervous as he may be, not only was he curious.......But he liked to live up to his name's meaning, and that meant being brave in the face of fear.

Cue an awkward laugh to come from the Skydancer. "Yeah, perhaps so.......To be fair, if I remember right, my name simply means 'brave' and nothing else, so we both don't have names that are more complex than a simple word. And um.......you did what you had to do in order to survive, so I cannot judge you on your past actions, as it would be unfair to do so when I don't know the full context." He's trying his best to play it cool, but tbh, he's kinda failing, though his Foo is trying to help by staying close to him.
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
"Brave eh? You certainly live up to your name. It's rare for anyone to stay to talk to me. That itself is admirable," he unexpectedly commended the traveler. "I'll spare you the grisly details and context of my history, but yes, it is as bad as you can imagine it to be. However, I've put all that stuff past me now. I learned that joining a clan is like having a family you see. You have to shape up and be responsible for others and not just yourself."

"My, my, I've made the atmosphere quite awkward. Enough about me then. Tell me about yourself and your adventure, o mysterious traveler. What brings you here to the land of infection from the land of flourishing greens?" he curiously asked. He could tell where dragon were from based from their scent. Faint as it was every dragon had a certain scent depending where they came from.
"Brave eh? You certainly live up to your name. It's rare for anyone to stay to talk to me. That itself is admirable," he unexpectedly commended the traveler. "I'll spare you the grisly details and context of my history, but yes, it is as bad as you can imagine it to be. However, I've put all that stuff past me now. I learned that joining a clan is like having a family you see. You have to shape up and be responsible for others and not just yourself."

"My, my, I've made the atmosphere quite awkward. Enough about me then. Tell me about yourself and your adventure, o mysterious traveler. What brings you here to the land of infection from the land of flourishing greens?" he curiously asked. He could tell where dragon were from based from their scent. Faint as it was every dragon had a certain scent depending where they came from.
flightrising_forum_mephistopheles_by_sunfaun-dbffmeb.png
Anput was delighted when the Foo seemed to want to play with her, and became oblivious to the rest of the world as her clumsy attention was focused on her new playmate.

“I suppose it would be unusual.” Latin mused. “But she’s probably in a healthier environment for hatchlings away from the clan, honestly.” She sipped her tea and found it quite enjoyable.

“She knows a few cats. Dawn is sometimes a cat - she’s the one who taught her ‘kitty,’ not that she pronounces it right. And a few dragons in the lair have feline familiars or other companions.” Rexos added. He would have liked to add ‘and she probably has some faint memories of Bast and possibly Ammut buried in that skull somewhere’ but he had discovered rather quickly after coming to Sornieth that it was better not to announce that someone wasn’t from there.

Latin gave the skydancer an odd look over her tea. The ‘not that it has been any use’ comment had been an unusual thing to say - not that she was going to comment on it. Rexos shrugged. “She plays with Dawn. She’ll probably be fine.” He honestly didn’t really care. And he didn’t bother to explain why playing with Dawn would lead to the conclusion that she would probably be fine.
Anput was delighted when the Foo seemed to want to play with her, and became oblivious to the rest of the world as her clumsy attention was focused on her new playmate.

“I suppose it would be unusual.” Latin mused. “But she’s probably in a healthier environment for hatchlings away from the clan, honestly.” She sipped her tea and found it quite enjoyable.

“She knows a few cats. Dawn is sometimes a cat - she’s the one who taught her ‘kitty,’ not that she pronounces it right. And a few dragons in the lair have feline familiars or other companions.” Rexos added. He would have liked to add ‘and she probably has some faint memories of Bast and possibly Ammut buried in that skull somewhere’ but he had discovered rather quickly after coming to Sornieth that it was better not to announce that someone wasn’t from there.

Latin gave the skydancer an odd look over her tea. The ‘not that it has been any use’ comment had been an unusual thing to say - not that she was going to comment on it. Rexos shrugged. “She plays with Dawn. She’ll probably be fine.” He honestly didn’t really care. And he didn’t bother to explain why playing with Dawn would lead to the conclusion that she would probably be fine.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
@Solztize

Isamu was silent upon hearing Carnage actually commend him, but regained his voice at the request to talk about himself, the Skydancer nodding.

"Truthfully, I'm simply wandering and trying to see all the world has to offer, but......To be fair, despite the risk of sickness, this land does have a familiar feel to it that draws me in at times; my mate had red eyes, so maybe the fact that this is the one land red-eyed dragons are born makes me hope to see her. A hope that likely won't come true, however. A pity at that. But currently? I might go try to see how long I can stay in this land of infection before I come down with something, or find another gust of wind to follow." The Skydancer flapped his wings idly, before making another remark. "I have a feeling my mate would not welcome me staying in her possible homeland, if just out of worry that I might catch something that would kill me; I'll be fine though. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't survive well."

(For OOC context on what he said: Tis a lore thing; he was basically saying that staying put didn't help him much when it came to raising hatchlings.)

@SashaFiredrake

"Oh, is that so? Well, I guess some of the elemental regions could be rather dangerous for a hatchling that is not native........Sometimes even to a native hatchling." The Skydancer said, humming quietly to himself after he finished that thought, taking a few sips of his own tea as well. The odd look was ignored oddly, rather than being responded to with a question or any remark.

"Well then, sounds like your home clan likely doesn't have any issues with rodents........But good, nice to know that she should be fine playing with Taiki." Isamu said, though he was actually keeping an eye to make sure the Mantled Foo was actually being gentle with the hatchling.

Taiki was happy to play with someone closer to their size for once, though they are holding back a little just to make sure not to hurt Anput. The Foo is aware this is a child, though not that she likely can handle roughhousing.
@Solztize

Isamu was silent upon hearing Carnage actually commend him, but regained his voice at the request to talk about himself, the Skydancer nodding.

"Truthfully, I'm simply wandering and trying to see all the world has to offer, but......To be fair, despite the risk of sickness, this land does have a familiar feel to it that draws me in at times; my mate had red eyes, so maybe the fact that this is the one land red-eyed dragons are born makes me hope to see her. A hope that likely won't come true, however. A pity at that. But currently? I might go try to see how long I can stay in this land of infection before I come down with something, or find another gust of wind to follow." The Skydancer flapped his wings idly, before making another remark. "I have a feeling my mate would not welcome me staying in her possible homeland, if just out of worry that I might catch something that would kill me; I'll be fine though. I wouldn't be here if I couldn't survive well."

(For OOC context on what he said: Tis a lore thing; he was basically saying that staying put didn't help him much when it came to raising hatchlings.)

@SashaFiredrake

"Oh, is that so? Well, I guess some of the elemental regions could be rather dangerous for a hatchling that is not native........Sometimes even to a native hatchling." The Skydancer said, humming quietly to himself after he finished that thought, taking a few sips of his own tea as well. The odd look was ignored oddly, rather than being responded to with a question or any remark.

"Well then, sounds like your home clan likely doesn't have any issues with rodents........But good, nice to know that she should be fine playing with Taiki." Isamu said, though he was actually keeping an eye to make sure the Mantled Foo was actually being gentle with the hatchling.

Taiki was happy to play with someone closer to their size for once, though they are holding back a little just to make sure not to hurt Anput. The Foo is aware this is a child, though not that she likely can handle roughhousing.
Bump~
Bump~
Bump~
Bump~
(Sorry for the late reply. And if you want to move it to PMs we can. I don't mind ^^)

"Well, it's good that they found a good friend eh?" She said, playfully slapping his shoulder before looking over the map.

"I thank you for that. I'd hate to get lost out here. It's almost as desolate as the Wastelands." She chuckled. "Though, I do love it there. There's a certain thrill to living there that I can't explain." She shook her head. "If they don't know where it is, I'll just resort to a different tea. Shouldn't be that hard."
(Sorry for the late reply. And if you want to move it to PMs we can. I don't mind ^^)

"Well, it's good that they found a good friend eh?" She said, playfully slapping his shoulder before looking over the map.

"I thank you for that. I'd hate to get lost out here. It's almost as desolate as the Wastelands." She chuckled. "Though, I do love it there. There's a certain thrill to living there that I can't explain." She shook her head. "If they don't know where it is, I'll just resort to a different tea. Shouldn't be that hard."
oooooooooo YLVUOKI.pngo K H U Z D U L
- - - - - - - - - - -
SHE/HER +0
ADULT LIBRA
oo Avatar dragon
Lore
About me
Pings ok!
• Did you hatch an
Abyss/Copper/X gen1,
but don't want them?
Don't exalt them! Hit me up ;)