Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | [Lore] Questions Once In a While
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 417 418
[quote]There is a Dominance Push right now between Earth and Wind, so here is the question: What is a Dominance Push? Why are there so much more dragons leaving that time for the deities? What are they used for? What does the winner get lore-wise? Why are flights competing for Dominance?[/quote] Basically, to the clan Dominance is about honour. Great to have some of that. Having Dominance means you are the best and most powerful in all the land, or at least your flight is. While my clan understands the viewpoint, most do not follow it, with only a few members of clan actually really caring about all this 'honour' and whatever. However, when the time arises, my clan are always happy to send out a few of their bravest dragons, who will join the Shadowbinder as the fight to keep the Tangled Woods free from the Beastclans and enemy flights. They can also serve as a worker for her, doing whatever it is the Shadowbinder requires them to do. A Dominance Push is when two, sometimes more, flights really start to get fired up about 'honour' and fight harder to have Dominance, and therefore 'honour'. The winners get the satisfaction of knowing that for this week, they are the strongest in all the land.
Quote:
There is a Dominance Push right now between Earth and Wind, so here is the question: What is a Dominance Push? Why are there so much more dragons leaving that time for the deities? What are they used for? What does the winner get lore-wise? Why are flights competing for Dominance?

Basically, to the clan Dominance is about honour. Great to have some of that. Having Dominance means you are the best and most powerful in all the land, or at least your flight is. While my clan understands the viewpoint, most do not follow it, with only a few members of clan actually really caring about all this 'honour' and whatever. However, when the time arises, my clan are always happy to send out a few of their bravest dragons, who will join the Shadowbinder as the fight to keep the Tangled Woods free from the Beastclans and enemy flights. They can also serve as a worker for her, doing whatever it is the Shadowbinder requires them to do. A Dominance Push is when two, sometimes more, flights really start to get fired up about 'honour' and fight harder to have Dominance, and therefore 'honour'. The winners get the satisfaction of knowing that for this week, they are the strongest in all the land.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
[center][quote]There is a Dominance Push right now between Earth and Wind, so here is the question: What is a Dominance Push? Why are there so much more dragons leaving that time for the deities? What are they used for? What does the winner get lore-wise? Why are flights competing for Dominance?[/quote] To the clan, Dominance is a team effort which shows how dedicated we are towards our deity. My clan doesn't actually partake in dominance, but we have a great amount of respect for it. We believe that dragons who leave for the deities are upholding a great honour and are showing the ultimate dedication towards their deity. A push, described by us is a time when more than two Flights (or just two) are head-to-head in terms of showing their dedication to their deity. The winners get the satisfaction of knowing that their dedication has truly paid off.
Quote:
There is a Dominance Push right now between Earth and Wind, so here is the question: What is a Dominance Push? Why are there so much more dragons leaving that time for the deities? What are they used for? What does the winner get lore-wise? Why are flights competing for Dominance?

To the clan, Dominance is a team effort which shows how dedicated we are towards our deity. My clan doesn't actually partake in dominance, but we have a great amount of respect for it. We believe that dragons who leave for the deities are upholding a great honour and are showing the ultimate dedication towards their deity.
A push, described by us is a time when more than two Flights (or just two) are head-to-head in terms of showing their dedication to their deity. The winners get the satisfaction of knowing that their dedication has truly paid off.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png

For my clan, Dominance does exist yet doesn't at the same time (much like the Coli). Basically, Dominance is bringing honor to your Flight's deity and clan. While Dominance doesn't have a name nor a written law, the dragons of each Flight have a feeling of wanting to do something for their deity, so it was basically chalked down many years ago that sending off more dragons to your deity meant that honor and other reward would be bestowed upon your Flight. My clan personally does not partake in Dominance but Flight's such as Light and Plague are always battling to bring wealth, good fortune, and honor to their deity's name. With large Dom battles going on right now with Wind vs. Earth, it is seen as two Flight's challenging each other in order to see who the more dominant Flight is and who truly wants their deity to shine surperior.

Wind FTW

For my clan, Dominance does exist yet doesn't at the same time (much like the Coli). Basically, Dominance is bringing honor to your Flight's deity and clan. While Dominance doesn't have a name nor a written law, the dragons of each Flight have a feeling of wanting to do something for their deity, so it was basically chalked down many years ago that sending off more dragons to your deity meant that honor and other reward would be bestowed upon your Flight. My clan personally does not partake in Dominance but Flight's such as Light and Plague are always battling to bring wealth, good fortune, and honor to their deity's name. With large Dom battles going on right now with Wind vs. Earth, it is seen as two Flight's challenging each other in order to see who the more dominant Flight is and who truly wants their deity to shine surperior.

Wind FTW
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png

Female | She/Her
Dragons for Sale
[quote]There is a Dominance Push right now between Earth and Wind, so here is the question: What is a Dominance Push? Why are there so much more dragons leaving that time for the deities? What are they used for? What does the winner get lore-wise? Why are flights competing for Dominance?[/quote] To us, dom battles are literal battles. Dragons join Ilysiad to be trained, then head off to fight as warriors against whatever flight/deity we're pushing against. It's a fun, challenging, and [i]glorious[/i] event for Plague clans especially, and Ilysiad is no exception - the events of the week are organized with many other clans across the Wasteland and planned for weeks (or as long as they're aware of the upcoming push lmao). For non-Plague clans, Dom is survival and holding your ground - for us, it's a demonstration of power and an aim for success. When it's not PLague that's actually pushing, there may still be [s]merc programs[/s] support to the pushing clans with trained dragons. As the elemental tides shift and different deities gain and lose dom status, various elemental dragons become more... well more. More powerful, more energetic, more intelligent if their deity or birth flight is on top. Essentially, Dominance is a battle, and Ilysiad is always up for helping win a war. :3c
Quote:

To us, dom battles are literal battles. Dragons join Ilysiad to be trained, then head off to fight as warriors against whatever flight/deity we're pushing against. It's a fun, challenging, and glorious event for Plague clans especially, and Ilysiad is no exception - the events of the week are organized with many other clans across the Wasteland and planned for weeks (or as long as they're aware of the upcoming push lmao). For non-Plague clans, Dom is survival and holding your ground - for us, it's a demonstration of power and an aim for success.

When it's not PLague that's actually pushing, there may still be merc programs support to the pushing clans with trained dragons. As the elemental tides shift and different deities gain and lose dom status, various elemental dragons become more... well more. More powerful, more energetic, more intelligent if their deity or birth flight is on top. Essentially, Dominance is a battle, and Ilysiad is always up for helping win a war. :3c
art shop | pwyw doodle thread | hatchery | dragons w/ gijinkas | ko-fi
alex//19//canada//they/them//FR time +0
lO4gjhM.png
[quote]There is a Dominance Push right now between Earth and Wind, so here is the question: What is a Dominance Push? Why are there so much more dragons leaving that time for the deities? What are they used for? What does the winner get lore-wise? Why are flights competing for Dominance?[/quote] Dom battles are a very tense event in the Darkborn. Say there was a Dom battle between Lightning and Shadow, and Lightning won [s](not in real life 'cuz Shadow is the best)[/s]. The Lightning dragons of the clan, such as Volt, Blizzard, and Storm would be best advised to stay wary for the next few days - Shadow dragons of the Darkborn are very Dom-heavy. The Lightning dragons might be confronted with surly glares, growls, and sometimes even fights (especially among the Wildclaws). During Dom pushes (when Shadow is involved), the clan becomes a war machine. Hatchlings are given the title of Soldier and then immediately trained by the clan's Veterans. Only the ones with the most potential, such as unnatural strength or magic are kept for private training and do not join the Shadowbinder's forces. Instead, they become Recruiters. Recruiters aid in training Soldiers and sometimes identify whether or not a Soldier has enough potential to become a Recruiter. When a Soldier has been well-trained (lvl. 7), he or she is given the title of Warrior and then sent to serve in the Shadowbinder's forces. Warriors journey together in groups of four or five to the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, where the great Shadow deity will greet them and assign them to her battalions as she sees fit. Dom pushes are known as "Dominance Movement", or simply "movement".
Quote:

Dom battles are a very tense event in the Darkborn. Say there was a Dom battle between Lightning and Shadow, and Lightning won (not in real life 'cuz Shadow is the best). The Lightning dragons of the clan, such as Volt, Blizzard, and Storm would be best advised to stay wary for the next few days - Shadow dragons of the Darkborn are very Dom-heavy. The Lightning dragons might be confronted with surly glares, growls, and sometimes even fights (especially among the Wildclaws).

During Dom pushes (when Shadow is involved), the clan becomes a war machine. Hatchlings are given the title of Soldier and then immediately trained by the clan's Veterans. Only the ones with the most potential, such as unnatural strength or magic are kept for private training and do not join the Shadowbinder's forces. Instead, they become Recruiters. Recruiters aid in training Soldiers and sometimes identify whether or not a Soldier has enough potential to become a Recruiter. When a Soldier has been well-trained (lvl. 7), he or she is given the title of Warrior and then sent to serve in the Shadowbinder's forces. Warriors journey together in groups of four or five to the Forum of the Obscured Crescent, where the great Shadow deity will greet them and assign them to her battalions as she sees fit.

Dom pushes are known as "Dominance Movement", or simply "movement".
ink2.png 20
fr+0
I'm... starting at the beginning again. Yeah, I'm struggling to come up with a keeper story. I was reading everyone's lore each day, but since I couldn't respond to anyone for such a long time, got out of that habit as well. Perhaps I'll start reading and responding again!
[Day 1: It Starts

“Who’s the founder?” the question was repeated with a breath of air that was a combined sigh and huff of tiredness and amusement with the query. “That’s another form of the phrase take me to your leader, is it not? Do you come in peace or look to make pieces?”

No matter the response to that, the answering dragon’s eyes were thoughtful enough to indicate that he meant to answer the question, but only wished for some more original beginning than the start itself. “Our clan is about adaptation and survival. In the great movement of life, there aren’t any clear beginnings or endings. You know how it is to look at back on before and wonder how now happened, I hope?”

Even more thoughtful and more distant now, the dragon was clearly trying to come up with something more concrete than either sarcastic or philosophical answers. Now he hardly seemed to even realize if there was an answer to his own question. “We did not begin together as one clan, and we began many years before most dragons now knew what it was to breathe air. We joined by companionship or necessity, sometimes gradually and sometimes abruptly. In both these ways, we joined sometimes intentionally and sometimes less so.”

”Then how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Are there any stories about the way the clan developed?”

“Ah, those two questions certainly do go paw in paw, don’t they?” The dragon didn’t seem any more pleased with these questions than the first one, but he didn’t huff this time. “Most recently, there was a massive underground collapse—some of the nature dragons called it a sinkhole, while some of the ice dragons called it a melting, and still further the lightning dragons call it a failure of proper engineering on the parts of the home diggers, and so most recently this is where our newest families have joined our older clan. Since we live in the harshest of lands in the Icefields, there are two ways dragons tend to find themselves here, and it is the same way we came together. We have come either by necessity for looking for resources or being driven here, or by intention of adventure and discovery. It is discovery and companionship that keeps us here.”
I'm... starting at the beginning again. Yeah, I'm struggling to come up with a keeper story. I was reading everyone's lore each day, but since I couldn't respond to anyone for such a long time, got out of that habit as well. Perhaps I'll start reading and responding again!
[Day 1: It Starts

“Who’s the founder?” the question was repeated with a breath of air that was a combined sigh and huff of tiredness and amusement with the query. “That’s another form of the phrase take me to your leader, is it not? Do you come in peace or look to make pieces?”

No matter the response to that, the answering dragon’s eyes were thoughtful enough to indicate that he meant to answer the question, but only wished for some more original beginning than the start itself. “Our clan is about adaptation and survival. In the great movement of life, there aren’t any clear beginnings or endings. You know how it is to look at back on before and wonder how now happened, I hope?”

Even more thoughtful and more distant now, the dragon was clearly trying to come up with something more concrete than either sarcastic or philosophical answers. Now he hardly seemed to even realize if there was an answer to his own question. “We did not begin together as one clan, and we began many years before most dragons now knew what it was to breathe air. We joined by companionship or necessity, sometimes gradually and sometimes abruptly. In both these ways, we joined sometimes intentionally and sometimes less so.”

”Then how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Are there any stories about the way the clan developed?”

“Ah, those two questions certainly do go paw in paw, don’t they?” The dragon didn’t seem any more pleased with these questions than the first one, but he didn’t huff this time. “Most recently, there was a massive underground collapse—some of the nature dragons called it a sinkhole, while some of the ice dragons called it a melting, and still further the lightning dragons call it a failure of proper engineering on the parts of the home diggers, and so most recently this is where our newest families have joined our older clan. Since we live in the harshest of lands in the Icefields, there are two ways dragons tend to find themselves here, and it is the same way we came together. We have come either by necessity for looking for resources or being driven here, or by intention of adventure and discovery. It is discovery and companionship that keeps us here.”
Mostly hiatus-ing. PMs are the easiest way to contact me at the moment, but expect lots of time for it to get noticed.
~Question of the Day~

Quote:
Can dragons breathe fire? Or elemental magic? Anything like the dragons in fairy tales?

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @InkyBrush @RainbowRay @Xypress @colorsoutofspace @ShikoRae @Lunarwing @Erisna @TimelordSnowy @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @bellzan @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @dragonowl21 @Moonwater @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Fantelle @Alvis @Leopardmask @mochimajuru @SpadesSpiral @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @ArchSerpent @Lummox @BoomBreeze @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @BlackSherruk @eggod @Kassiel @Kururin @Dhay @SpiritualSun @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Blizoria @Heeroku @Elsewhere @VoxxVoleur @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Temreki @Frillshark @Seiryuu @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @TheLadyJai @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @elfin @otakuderp13 @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @SpaceErase @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @zoroarkstar @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Toonetta @Doki @SkyWishes21 @DragonDraws @CheesyCakeCat @Roseblossom @BarbaraFett
~Question of the Day~

Quote:
Can dragons breathe fire? Or elemental magic? Anything like the dragons in fairy tales?

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @InkyBrush @RainbowRay @Xypress @colorsoutofspace @ShikoRae @Lunarwing @Erisna @TimelordSnowy @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @bellzan @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @dragonowl21 @Moonwater @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Fantelle @Alvis @Leopardmask @mochimajuru @SpadesSpiral @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @ArchSerpent @Lummox @BoomBreeze @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @BlackSherruk @eggod @Kassiel @Kururin @Dhay @SpiritualSun @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Blizoria @Heeroku @Elsewhere @VoxxVoleur @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Temreki @Frillshark @Seiryuu @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @TheLadyJai @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @elfin @otakuderp13 @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @SpaceErase @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @zoroarkstar @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Toonetta @Doki @SkyWishes21 @DragonDraws @CheesyCakeCat @Roseblossom @BarbaraFett
For centered view 0gjOTSO.gif Adopts: SpiralBusts P9G7630.png
[quote]Can dragons breathe fire? Or elemental magic? Anything like the dragons in fairy tales?[/quote] Fire dragons can breathe fire! In my opinion, all dragons can 'breathe' some form of their magic. Like this, generally: Water: A jet of water, they can alter the temperature at will. Fire: A flaming belt of fire!! Wind: A gush of fast air. Earth: A vapour that hardens into rock on contact. Shadow: A fog that blinds the enemy, can also weaken them if pumped into the bloodstream. Light: A blinding ray of light (like a super laser) Ice: A vapour that turns into snow upon contact with air, can also be changed to turn into shards of ice. Storm: Bolts of electricity Arcane: Powerful blasts of magic Plague: A mist that infects anything it touches Nature: A mist that revives anything it touches (can still be used to hurt. Make a tree grow into the enemy) That's just a basic sum up.
Quote:

Fire dragons can breathe fire! In my opinion, all dragons can 'breathe' some form of their magic. Like this, generally:

Water: A jet of water, they can alter the temperature at will.
Fire: A flaming belt of fire!!
Wind: A gush of fast air.
Earth: A vapour that hardens into rock on contact.
Shadow: A fog that blinds the enemy, can also weaken them if pumped into the bloodstream.
Light: A blinding ray of light (like a super laser)
Ice: A vapour that turns into snow upon contact with air, can also be changed to turn into shards of ice.
Storm: Bolts of electricity
Arcane: Powerful blasts of magic
Plague: A mist that infects anything it touches
Nature: A mist that revives anything it touches (can still be used to hurt. Make a tree grow into the enemy)

That's just a basic sum up.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
[quote name="DragonDraws" date=2016-06-14 03:09:40] [quote]Can dragons breathe fire? Or elemental magic? Anything like the dragons in fairy tales?[/quote] Fire dragons can breathe fire! In my opinion, all dragons can 'breathe' some form of their magic. Like this, generally: Water: A jet of water, they can alter the temperature at will. Fire: A flaming belt of fire!! Wind: A gush of fast air. Earth: A vapour that hardens into rock on contact. Shadow: A fog that blinds the enemy, can also weaken them if pumped into the bloodstream. Light: A blinding ray of light (like a super laser) Ice: A vapour that turns into snow upon contact with air, can also be changed to turn into shards of ice. Storm: Bolts of electricity Arcane: Powerful blasts of magic Plague: A mist that infects anything it touches Nature: A mist that revives anything it touches (can still be used to hurt. Make a tree grow into the enemy) That's just a basic sum up. [/quote] My canon is a little different, but It's the same with fire, water, lightning, wind, arcane and light. Earth can spit sharp pebbles at hi velocity to stab into a dragon's scales, they can also impale dragans by sending out stalagmites. Shadow can send out bolts of crackling darkness, goo (mimicking shadowbinder) or a mist that aims to shroud in enemy in darkness. Ice dragons can blow hail and ice shards, where as plague can spit out spores, diseases or just plain rot. Its actually quite gross. Nature dragons usually blow out an a ball of vines, roots and leaves, but can also spit out seeds which grow quickly to strangle the opponent.
DragonDraws wrote on 2016-06-14:
Quote:

Fire dragons can breathe fire! In my opinion, all dragons can 'breathe' some form of their magic. Like this, generally:

Water: A jet of water, they can alter the temperature at will.
Fire: A flaming belt of fire!!
Wind: A gush of fast air.
Earth: A vapour that hardens into rock on contact.
Shadow: A fog that blinds the enemy, can also weaken them if pumped into the bloodstream.
Light: A blinding ray of light (like a super laser)
Ice: A vapour that turns into snow upon contact with air, can also be changed to turn into shards of ice.
Storm: Bolts of electricity
Arcane: Powerful blasts of magic
Plague: A mist that infects anything it touches
Nature: A mist that revives anything it touches (can still be used to hurt. Make a tree grow into the enemy)

That's just a basic sum up.

My canon is a little different, but It's the same with fire, water, lightning, wind, arcane and light.

Earth can spit sharp pebbles at hi velocity to stab into a dragon's scales, they can also impale dragans by sending out stalagmites.

Shadow can send out bolts of crackling darkness, goo (mimicking shadowbinder) or a mist that aims to shroud in enemy in darkness.

Ice dragons can blow hail and ice shards, where as plague can spit out spores, diseases or just plain rot. Its actually quite gross. Nature dragons usually blow out an a ball of vines, roots and leaves, but can also spit out seeds which grow quickly to strangle the opponent.
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
[center][quote]Can dragons breathe fire? Or elemental magic? Anything like the dragons in fairy tales?[/quote] Dragons hailing from Fire breathe fire. Depending on how strong their breath is, the more intense the flame will be. [s] A quick, efficient way to roast marshmallows[/s] Water: Jets of water! Sometimes bubbles. Hatchlings from the Water flight usually blow bubbles. They then learn how to breathe water once they're older. Wind: Just wind. Good way to cool down on a hot day. Sometimes, they can blow out little cyclones, like tiny ones which can fit on the palm of your hand. Earth: Dust. Want to blind someone temporarily? Dust will do the trick. Shadow: Dense mist/fog. Perfect for sneaking away. Light: A ray of light, or sunshine. Ice: A very, very chilly wind. Good for cooling down in summer! Also good for keeping things cool. Lightning: Lightning strikes. Depending how strong one's breath is, they can breathe out massive bolts of lightning, or small ones. You'll find that hatchlings are the ones who breathe out tiny bolts. Arcane: Illusional magic. Plague: I don't have any Plague dragons, but I'd say that they'd spit out a form of poison. One capable of rotting anything. Nature: Leaves, seeds, petals and pollens. Instant hayfever!
Quote:

Dragons hailing from Fire breathe fire. Depending on how strong their breath is, the more intense the flame will be. A quick, efficient way to roast marshmallows
Water: Jets of water! Sometimes bubbles. Hatchlings from the Water flight usually blow bubbles. They then learn how to breathe water once they're older.
Wind: Just wind. Good way to cool down on a hot day. Sometimes, they can blow out little cyclones, like tiny ones which can fit on the palm of your hand.
Earth: Dust. Want to blind someone temporarily? Dust will do the trick.
Shadow: Dense mist/fog. Perfect for sneaking away.
Light: A ray of light, or sunshine.
Ice: A very, very chilly wind. Good for cooling down in summer! Also good for keeping things cool.
Lightning: Lightning strikes. Depending how strong one's breath is, they can breathe out massive bolts of lightning, or small ones. You'll find that hatchlings are the ones who breathe out tiny bolts.
Arcane: Illusional magic.
Plague: I don't have any Plague dragons, but I'd say that they'd spit out a form of poison. One capable of rotting anything.
Nature: Leaves, seeds, petals and pollens. Instant hayfever!

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
1 2 ... 92 93 94 95 96 ... 417 418