xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
[quote]What is your most off-the-wall role for a dragon? Is their role unusual to fill a unique necessity for your clan, or is it something the dragon chose? Any funny or strange stories that have stemmed from this role?[/quote] Edgar is the president of the local clan's Furry Fan Club. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30845312] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308454/30845312_350.png[/img] [/url] He always dresses as his fursona and enjoys drawing and writing. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only dragon in his club.
Quote:
What is your most off-the-wall role for a dragon? Is their role unusual to fill a unique necessity for your clan, or is it something the dragon chose? Any funny or strange stories that have stemmed from this role?

Edgar is the president of the local clan's Furry Fan Club.

30845312_350.png

He always dresses as his fursona and enjoys drawing and writing. Unfortunately, he seems to be the only dragon in his club.
eg1jZa2.png
@Lopika could I please be added to the ping list?
@Lopika could I please be added to the ping list?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx food_ancient_mushroom_by_dogi_crimson-da9oxmr.gif let's go stargazing on the rooftops
+wishlist /
tumblr / cs / lair reviews
dm me abt anything, i love chatting
@sleeplessfaun - i am screaming @ edgar omg
@sleeplessfaun - i am screaming @ edgar omg
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx amaluna
fr+3
wishlist
vistafestival_6.png x trading
dragons
[center]@Amaranth41- thank you for the question! [quote]What is your most off-the-wall role for a dragon? Is their role unusual to fill a unique necessity for your clan, or is it something the dragon chose? Any funny or strange stories that have stemmed from this role?[/quote] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32280326] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322804/32280326_350.png[/img] [/url] Primavera is a [s]snek[/s] snake keeper. It's kind of weird for a reptile to be keeping other smaller reptiles are companions, but Primavera's probably more fond of snakes than she is her clan mates. No one else in the clan is particularly fond of caring for snakes so she took the job up for herself. Once she forgot to put all the snakes back into their designated area and well... they ended up have a good field day. Some were found weaved through some of the Imperial's horns, and another, wrapped around a Spiral's tail.
@Amaranth41- thank you for the question!
Quote:
What is your most off-the-wall role for a dragon? Is their role unusual to fill a unique necessity for your clan, or is it something the dragon chose? Any funny or strange stories that have stemmed from this role?

32280326_350.png

Primavera is a snek snake keeper. It's kind of weird for a reptile to be keeping other smaller reptiles are companions, but Primavera's probably more fond of snakes than she is her clan mates. No one else in the clan is particularly fond of caring for snakes so she took the job up for herself.
Once she forgot to put all the snakes back into their designated area and well... they ended up have a good field day. Some were found weaved through some of the Imperial's horns, and another, wrapped around a Spiral's tail.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Hey, we haven't gotten another ping yet, so I thought I'd ask a question for the group! [quote name=violalore]Are dragons in your clan mostly active during the day, night, or both? Do different dragons have different sleep schedules? Is it a matter of whether or not they're naturally diurnal/nocturnal, their clan role, or another thing?[/quote] @Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @colorsoutofspace @Lunarwing @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Alvis @mochimajuru @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @Lummox @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @eggod @Kassiel @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Heeroku @Elsewhere @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Frillshark @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @Hawlucha @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Doki @SkyWishes21 @CheesyCakeCat @BarbaraFett @TheWanderers @Auran @TheHeroicOne @Punkinn @Averis @Drakespeare @Thousand @RichCanine @Tzarksra @SilverWinter @Nympharia @Spottedpuppi @Quetzalzotz @Hatta @Wonderlast @SariStar @Calciferr @porl @MahuruRaji @qwigoqwaga @falling @Reynutocx @Joying @Koter @NatashaJart @Boaaekin @Meonox @WhoDoVoodoo @icepools @Magnhild @Fuurin @nemodave @annadandelion @Hydria @Ipepi @lionstarter @Adriel @ClanHeartsgleam @Missixo @Sukeisu @AnnaStar353 @Amaranth41 @luccamajere @mnkn10 @Fluffmonster @DoctorRosalia @LordSheo @linguistic @Luteia @MidnightKlan829 @taipantigress @wrecknrule @Crookedjaw @FluffyTundras @seraphemme @Leopardmask @EclipseMirror @Lightshadow101 @Sabliere @virtue @MythsFlight @RingsofSaturn @canisVirus @XxLillimxX @BeanStalk @CosmicSymbols @clarax @sleeplessfaun @botoluvr @Hanjamuffin @androgynebard @notcharmed @AgentHoneyBunch @TooTicki @Mythie @Princessfirefly @Limesparrow @Gyftrot @CosmicFalcon @Oddballme @StarRise @DraconicSpeaker @Leopardbreath @SpookyClockwork @flowie @RavlynWolf @IrritatorRaji @Crystal4180 @tvrntech @deviantdoge @companionwolf @eeeeel @themirrorswish @TootzyTFM @Melova @Artificiary @RubyMad @Shatterphase @Serpenta @kate3628 @Chelo @chamaeleon @VermilionCourt @carian @violalore @pendragon007 @KurtCobain @Twistedstripe @VoidDeluz @Jetfeather @Clarnico @foxpaws @Windshear @Alyssea @Amyatzu @Fletcher @Enthusiastic @chocomonster @atempause @Pastiche @Avariae @StarriannaFlare @Mle @Azurenight @SporkLord @catgame21234 @EmberEyes @RicochetRomance @Sebak @JaguarCutie224 @VastPlaguesOfAku @CayCay @Lyka @inn @Rulanir @periphvna @Todazul @boxparts @IdesOfBlood @Kenia153 @Rowlets @Polymorphus @Juneun @Belegorn
Hey, we haven't gotten another ping yet, so I thought I'd ask a question for the group!
violalore wrote:
Are dragons in your clan mostly active during the day, night, or both? Do different dragons have different sleep schedules? Is it a matter of whether or not they're naturally diurnal/nocturnal, their clan role, or another thing?

@Sevesh @Manidrake @Killunia @colorsoutofspace @Lunarwing @PunsandShips @Icystorm @Joying @Stormheart @Wisphaven @shanncrafter @WillOfTheSpiral @Marmite @Lopai @Rainbowbuttz @Aftershock @After @HowlingGale @Nightvaled @Alvis @mochimajuru @Regenherz @MutantCanuck @Empee @JackSpicer @Lummox @dariiksnake @awaicu @ashnick @Lytic @Kaitorubel @Kogoruhn @Argonaut @eggod @Kassiel @Edra @Bluwviolet01 @roachchoir @Rexcaliburr @Eeyorelvr @Nix4 @Heeroku @Elsewhere @snowjaguar @sheriarty @ryoubakura @Frillshark @Tox @Warriorgirl1234 @Erisaga @shortkeike @DragonWolfie @Deathwolf555 @Cyberstrike @ArtyCat @secretwaffle @Lomedraug @Kaisen @MischiefSword @VeiledOverdose @sh33pskin @dogsword @HeartThief @Azeryx @PhoenixMiko @CityTurtle @Leenanishere @pseudovum @Siennia @Lorde @Evolution2 @interestingword @Emordnilap @neptunianjenny @CatkinStarchild @toxipraline @Zhar @Almaren @cherryy @Hawlucha @Ezmara @strawberrrylips @birchnoakatsuki @Doki @SkyWishes21 @CheesyCakeCat @BarbaraFett @TheWanderers @Auran @TheHeroicOne @Punkinn @Averis @Drakespeare @Thousand @RichCanine @Tzarksra @SilverWinter @Nympharia @Spottedpuppi @Quetzalzotz @Hatta @Wonderlast @SariStar @Calciferr @porl @MahuruRaji @qwigoqwaga @falling @Reynutocx @Joying @Koter @NatashaJart @Boaaekin @Meonox @WhoDoVoodoo @icepools @Magnhild @Fuurin @nemodave @annadandelion @Hydria @Ipepi @lionstarter @Adriel @ClanHeartsgleam @Missixo @Sukeisu @AnnaStar353 @Amaranth41 @luccamajere @mnkn10 @Fluffmonster @DoctorRosalia @LordSheo @linguistic @Luteia @MidnightKlan829 @taipantigress @wrecknrule @Crookedjaw @FluffyTundras @seraphemme @Leopardmask @EclipseMirror @Lightshadow101 @Sabliere @virtue @MythsFlight @RingsofSaturn @canisVirus @XxLillimxX @BeanStalk @CosmicSymbols @clarax @sleeplessfaun @botoluvr @Hanjamuffin @androgynebard @notcharmed @AgentHoneyBunch @TooTicki @Mythie @Princessfirefly @Limesparrow @Gyftrot @CosmicFalcon @Oddballme @StarRise @DraconicSpeaker @Leopardbreath @SpookyClockwork @flowie @RavlynWolf @IrritatorRaji @Crystal4180 @tvrntech @deviantdoge @companionwolf @eeeeel @themirrorswish @TootzyTFM @Melova @Artificiary @RubyMad @Shatterphase @Serpenta @kate3628 @Chelo @chamaeleon @VermilionCourt @carian @violalore @pendragon007 @KurtCobain @Twistedstripe @VoidDeluz @Jetfeather @Clarnico @foxpaws @Windshear @Alyssea @Amyatzu @Fletcher @Enthusiastic @chocomonster @atempause @Pastiche @Avariae @StarriannaFlare @Mle @Azurenight @SporkLord @catgame21234 @EmberEyes @RicochetRomance @Sebak @JaguarCutie224 @VastPlaguesOfAku @CayCay @Lyka @inn @Rulanir @periphvna @Todazul @boxparts @IdesOfBlood @Kenia153 @Rowlets @Polymorphus @Juneun @Belegorn
clyCaLS.png .

20s, male, he/him
.np7f4Fm.png about me
.np7f4Fm.png current icon:
NUuorfS.png .
Both. Crow never sleeps, not does Vehrek, but one because of coffee and the latter due to time traveling.
Both. Crow never sleeps, not does Vehrek, but one because of coffee and the latter due to time traveling.
6Fwt9Qr.gifXXX

xxx
xxx

iuEBSJ3.png3YAN1tx.pngQRVupBA.png
yG0Lt9s.pngoK2VVlE.pngfT0qwQ5.png
xbsbPqT.pngbYt72YT.pngjQub7yI.png

Were you expecting a modicum of rust?
xxx
xxx
Ho-kay, I'm going ahead and answering the backlog, because my lore is [i]soooooo[/i] lacking, and this seems like a good way to kick-start it. Feel free to comment and ask me to expand if you have any questions - I am [i]very[/i] new to FR lore, though an old hat at writing in general. [quote]Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?[/quote] The clan first came to the Starfall Isles when [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=182927&tab=dragon&did=15149586]Skiffer[/url], a young Guardian on the Search, made her way to the Crystalspine Reaches. It was there that she found [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=182927&did=15149587]Zary[/url], a young Fae with a torn frill, hunched and shuddering in a foxhole in the base of the once-mighty mountain range. Skiffer hollowed out a cave, rock by rock, and she and Zary started their own clan. [quote]Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?[/quote] That would be Skiffer, the clan’s progenitor, matriarch, and lorekeeper. After her transformation into a Snapper, her memory made her the best-suited to keeping the history of the clan in not only her own mind, but the thick scrolls she keeps in her quarters. [quote]Beginning and End. How is the birth of a dragon celebrated in the clan (if celebrated at all)? Is the hatch day the important, or the day the egg was laid? Is there a ritual for dying dragons? What are funerals like in the clan?[/quote] I breed a lot of fodder, so births aren’t a significant event in my lair. Deaths (when a perma gets exalted) are a solemn affair, with [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=182927&tab=dragon&did=19086203]Niande[/url], the priestess, leading the clan in prayer beneath the stars. The deceased is buried in the Starwood Strand and left there until only bones remain, at which point they are interred in the ossuary. [quote]Are there any rulers in your clan? A council maybe? Do you consider your clan a democratic group of dragons, or there is a royal family with all the benefits in rights?[/quote] While the clan is presided over by Zary and Skiffer, my progenitors, all decisions must be put by the council of 11 flight representatives. The council holds more power in practice than the progenitors, ensuring the needs of all dragons are met. [quote]What is exalting considered? Is it a great honour? Is it a punishment? Is it a sacrifice to the deity? Does it make the dragon fight eternally or are there other methods and roles to serve the deity? Can the dragons still communicate with their former clans, maybe even visit from time to time?[/quote] Exalting is a fact of life. Many dragons pass through the clan, and the residents know not to grow too attached, as they will be sent to the Arcanist soon enough. Exalted dragons are assistants to and warriors for the gods. The clan medium, [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=182927&tab=dragon&did=33187256]Ieremiya[/url], can deliberately communicate with the Exalted, but other dragons receive cryptic whispers from time to time.
Ho-kay, I'm going ahead and answering the backlog, because my lore is soooooo lacking, and this seems like a good way to kick-start it. Feel free to comment and ask me to expand if you have any questions - I am very new to FR lore, though an old hat at writing in general.
Quote:
Since this is the first day I would like to know of your clans' origins: how did the clan happen to settle down where they are now? Did the founders choose a specific place for a specific reason? Are there any stories of the clan's origin?

The clan first came to the Starfall Isles when Skiffer, a young Guardian on the Search, made her way to the Crystalspine Reaches. It was there that she found Zary, a young Fae with a torn frill, hunched and shuddering in a foxhole in the base of the once-mighty mountain range. Skiffer hollowed out a cave, rock by rock, and she and Zary started their own clan.
Quote:
Speaking of lore: are there any dragons connected to lore in your clan? A dragon with a role of lorekeeper maybe? Or a huge library with an old librarian? A scribe, or someone who is enthusiastic about the clan's lore? Maybe a history teacher? Anyone connected to lore and books?

That would be Skiffer, the clan’s progenitor, matriarch, and lorekeeper. After her transformation into a Snapper, her memory made her the best-suited to keeping the history of the clan in not only her own mind, but the thick scrolls she keeps in her quarters.
Quote:
Beginning and End. How is the birth of a dragon celebrated in the clan (if celebrated at all)? Is the hatch day the important, or the day the egg was laid? Is there a ritual for dying dragons? What are funerals like in the clan?

I breed a lot of fodder, so births aren’t a significant event in my lair. Deaths (when a perma gets exalted) are a solemn affair, with Niande, the priestess, leading the clan in prayer beneath the stars. The deceased is buried in the Starwood Strand and left there until only bones remain, at which point they are interred in the ossuary.
Quote:
Are there any rulers in your clan? A council maybe? Do you consider your clan a democratic group of dragons, or there is a royal family with all the benefits in rights?

While the clan is presided over by Zary and Skiffer, my progenitors, all decisions must be put by the council of 11 flight representatives. The council holds more power in practice than the progenitors, ensuring the needs of all dragons are met.
Quote:
What is exalting considered? Is it a great honour? Is it a punishment? Is it a sacrifice to the deity? Does it make the dragon fight eternally or are there other methods and roles to serve the deity? Can the dragons still communicate with their former clans, maybe even visit from time to time?

Exalting is a fact of life. Many dragons pass through the clan, and the residents know not to grow too attached, as they will be sent to the Arcanist soon enough. Exalted dragons are assistants to and warriors for the gods. The clan medium, Ieremiya, can deliberately communicate with the Exalted, but other dragons receive cryptic whispers from time to time.
Quote:
Are dragons in your clan mostly active during the day, night, or both? Do different dragons have different sleep schedules? Is it a matter of whether or not they're naturally diurnal/nocturnal, their clan role, or another thing?

Different dragons have different sleep schedules depending on if they are naturally active during the day of night.
Quote:

Different dragons have different sleep schedules depending on if they are naturally active during the day of night.
PQznZys.png
[quote name="violalore" date=2017-07-07 01:02:04] Hey, we haven't gotten another ping yet, so I thought I'd ask a question for the group! Are dragons in your clan mostly active during the day, night, or both? Do different dragons have different sleep schedules? Is it a matter of whether or not they're naturally diurnal/nocturnal, their clan role, or another thing?[/quote] There are always dragons bustling about, night or day. Most of our Shadow dragons are nocturnal, however Mutt is always awake. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30345052] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/303451/30345052_350.png[/img] [/url]She takes care of little problems not common enough to create an entire career for. All of our dragons from other flights have daytime jobs, or they have the day shifts of those jobs. Some dragons have changed their sleeping patterns to be more effective in their careers. It matters not the diurnal or nocturnal nature of a dragon. What matters is their ability to do a task, not when they can do it.
violalore wrote on 2017-07-07:
Hey, we haven't gotten another ping yet, so I thought I'd ask a question for the group!

There are always dragons bustling about, night or day. Most of our Shadow dragons are nocturnal, however Mutt is always awake.
30345052_350.png
She takes care of little problems not common enough to create an entire career for.

All of our dragons from other flights have daytime jobs, or they have the day shifts of those jobs. Some dragons have changed their sleeping patterns to be more effective in their careers. It matters not the diurnal or nocturnal nature of a dragon. What matters is their ability to do a task, not when they can do it.
Just call me Cos! 24, Any/All.
HJLIYn4.png
Roleplayer |Artist | Feral Alien
+4h FR time
1 2 ... 409 410 411 412 413 ... 417 418