Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Discussion] Pinkerlocke - Insight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Just finished day 73, and oh gosh you did write about Apollyon. Hooray for more dragon trauma~

Although you did mention that this thread Ifthatswhatitscalled is not discussion about The Magnus Archives, I'd like to ask what it is and where I can find it. I've gathered that it's a podcast, but I have no experience with podcasts whatsoever. Help would be appreciated if you have the time.

Also, completely irrelevant question: is the 'll' in your name just two i's/l's or does it mean "the second"?
Just finished day 73, and oh gosh you did write about Apollyon. Hooray for more dragon trauma~

Although you did mention that this thread Ifthatswhatitscalled is not discussion about The Magnus Archives, I'd like to ask what it is and where I can find it. I've gathered that it's a podcast, but I have no experience with podcasts whatsoever. Help would be appreciated if you have the time.

Also, completely irrelevant question: is the 'll' in your name just two i's/l's or does it mean "the second"?
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@MisterMylez
Yep, that I did. He wound up being the target today, which is fun because marks are always a nice change of pace. Having a different focal point character, even briefly, I feel is a good way to introduce their thinking and behavior to readers.

It is a podcast and can be found on all sorts of podcast sites and apps apparently. I personally started by watching on YouTube, but since not all the episodes were up at the time (YouTube is notoriously lagging behind) I finished on Spotify. I can shoot you a link or two, but be warned that this is a MATURE show that can get into some pretty deep and disturbing subjects. While I draw inspiration for my Pinkerlocke, there’s only so much I can write without getting banned here. Just a warning going forth.

As for my username, it’s actually two “L”s. It comes from the classic literature piece The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde, a book I have some strangely personal attachments to. One of the characters in it is Doctor Henry Jekyll, where I pull the user from! The dragon I have for my pfp is actually a fandragon of an interpretation of the character!

Anyways, back to sleep. I woke up from a dream and figured I would take the time to respond before going back to sleep.
@MisterMylez
Yep, that I did. He wound up being the target today, which is fun because marks are always a nice change of pace. Having a different focal point character, even briefly, I feel is a good way to introduce their thinking and behavior to readers.

It is a podcast and can be found on all sorts of podcast sites and apps apparently. I personally started by watching on YouTube, but since not all the episodes were up at the time (YouTube is notoriously lagging behind) I finished on Spotify. I can shoot you a link or two, but be warned that this is a MATURE show that can get into some pretty deep and disturbing subjects. While I draw inspiration for my Pinkerlocke, there’s only so much I can write without getting banned here. Just a warning going forth.

As for my username, it’s actually two “L”s. It comes from the classic literature piece The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde, a book I have some strangely personal attachments to. One of the characters in it is Doctor Henry Jekyll, where I pull the user from! The dragon I have for my pfp is actually a fandragon of an interpretation of the character!

Anyways, back to sleep. I woke up from a dream and figured I would take the time to respond before going back to sleep.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
IT'S BACK AAAAAAAA

IT'S BACK AAAAAAAA

I've got a question for you. If one dragon other than Zylen, either alive or dead, could be the 'protagonist', who would you choose and why?
I've got a question for you. If one dragon other than Zylen, either alive or dead, could be the 'protagonist', who would you choose and why?
@MisterMylez
That's a great question, especially considering that even though Zylen is an Avatar, he is very much still capable of dying. If he does die or he reaches my unwritten level 20 rule (level 20 dragons can only die via the story), I'd switch to Jeremiah! At least, for the time being. It was somewhat hinted at back when Zylen became an Avatar initially and I wrote from Jeremiah's perspective for a day. I think he'd be fun to write, plus he physically goes on tasks a lot more often than Zylen. Outside of him it's a toss up between Clancy, Micah, and Howl at the moment, leaning slightly towards Howl.

For dragons that have since passed, Meir. There's no contest, even among the living members. I still miss this Mirror lad so much you have no idea. Losing him was a huge blow because I adored writing him and his interactions and would have loved to do more.
@MisterMylez
That's a great question, especially considering that even though Zylen is an Avatar, he is very much still capable of dying. If he does die or he reaches my unwritten level 20 rule (level 20 dragons can only die via the story), I'd switch to Jeremiah! At least, for the time being. It was somewhat hinted at back when Zylen became an Avatar initially and I wrote from Jeremiah's perspective for a day. I think he'd be fun to write, plus he physically goes on tasks a lot more often than Zylen. Outside of him it's a toss up between Clancy, Micah, and Howl at the moment, leaning slightly towards Howl.

For dragons that have since passed, Meir. There's no contest, even among the living members. I still miss this Mirror lad so much you have no idea. Losing him was a huge blow because I adored writing him and his interactions and would have loved to do more.
The world would have been a better place if Meir did not die, why him of all chars ;(
The world would have been a better place if Meir did not die, why him of all chars ;(
If apollyon ever dies imma cry
If apollyon ever dies imma cry
Zylen makes me hurt
Zylen makes me hurt
@MisterMylez
I'd ask how so but I think that answer is obvious. Zylen's going through some stuff. And it's not exactly good.

Also, to reply to previous comments cause I completely forgot to, Meir would be a champ and keeping everyone from being as they are. And yeah, I love Apollyon a lot and would hate to see him die. He has so much character to me and while I don't write him a ton, I would hate no longer having the opportunity to.
@MisterMylez
I'd ask how so but I think that answer is obvious. Zylen's going through some stuff. And it's not exactly good.

Also, to reply to previous comments cause I completely forgot to, Meir would be a champ and keeping everyone from being as they are. And yeah, I love Apollyon a lot and would hate to see him die. He has so much character to me and while I don't write him a ton, I would hate no longer having the opportunity to.
Question: Can two avatars of the same fear exist simultaneously? If so, would their conditions have any variance?
Question: Can two avatars of the same fear exist simultaneously? If so, would their conditions have any variance?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7