Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Discussion] Pinkerlocke - Insight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ok, the idea of some ungodly being emerging to wreak havoc is terrifying and I love it. This is 10/10 one of the coolest ways the vast can be interpreted.
Ok, the idea of some ungodly being emerging to wreak havoc is terrifying and I love it. This is 10/10 one of the coolest ways the vast can be interpreted.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Currently imagining this but with Elanor and Zylen.
Currently imagining this but with Elanor and Zylen.
Wooh, talk about a suspenseful chapter! To be honest, I'm more scared of tulu failing that coinflip than him becoming an avatar. And holy moly, please be safe Howl! [emoji=pearlcatcher scared size=1]
Wooh, talk about a suspenseful chapter! To be honest, I'm more scared of tulu failing that coinflip than him becoming an avatar. And holy moly, please be safe Howl!
@MisterMylez
This is actually Tulu's second mark! The coinflip won't happen until the third. And yeah, I seriously can't decide if I'll have Howl live or die just yet.

Also, because I forgot to respond to your previous post, I can honestly see that conversation going both ways. I feel like Zylen's more fitting for the lying to himself and the emotion behind it, but Elanor is kinda doing the same. Just less emotional sameness.

In other news: Rather than make the post when I'm finished, I am currently moving all information from the character posts to their bios! I'll be moving dragons that have died into those posts as well, linking their pictures to End, where their last known descriptions can be found. In the future, dragons that die will be sectioned off and their information stored in there.

As for the current dragon's bios, I'll try and update them when I have time. Right now I'm focused on transferring and updating everything.
@MisterMylez
This is actually Tulu's second mark! The coinflip won't happen until the third. And yeah, I seriously can't decide if I'll have Howl live or die just yet.

Also, because I forgot to respond to your previous post, I can honestly see that conversation going both ways. I feel like Zylen's more fitting for the lying to himself and the emotion behind it, but Elanor is kinda doing the same. Just less emotional sameness.

In other news: Rather than make the post when I'm finished, I am currently moving all information from the character posts to their bios! I'll be moving dragons that have died into those posts as well, linking their pictures to End, where their last known descriptions can be found. In the future, dragons that die will be sectioned off and their information stored in there.

As for the current dragon's bios, I'll try and update them when I have time. Right now I'm focused on transferring and updating everything.
gQ7u2pY.pnglIvZUb1.png47O9KMz.png
Oh, I know. I was just talking about if he does reach that cursed third!

So... what I'm hearing is that each character has their info in their lair-descriptions as well as in the locke post?

Edit: Wait I see, gotcha
Oh, I know. I was just talking about if he does reach that cursed third!

So... what I'm hearing is that each character has their info in their lair-descriptions as well as in the locke post?

Edit: Wait I see, gotcha
@MisterMylez
All information in regards to the Pinkerlocke dragons has been moved to be exclusively in their bios. All that's in the posts at this point are the names, element, level, and roles of the dragon. I will be updating these bios to reflect new and/or changed information when I have time. Same goes for the rest of the information in this thread. It'll be slow going but everyone should have updated information soon!
@MisterMylez
All information in regards to the Pinkerlocke dragons has been moved to be exclusively in their bios. All that's in the posts at this point are the names, element, level, and roles of the dragon. I will be updating these bios to reflect new and/or changed information when I have time. Same goes for the rest of the information in this thread. It'll be slow going but everyone should have updated information soon!
About that thing with Jerry being in denial and his comment about 'the other guy'. It reminds me of a part of a book I read, where one of the primary characters died and another commented about the fact that he didn't get his knife back, which was on the dead character at the time. Someone asked "You're only worried about your damn blade?" and the guy just grimly responded "I wish it was all I was worried about."
About that thing with Jerry being in denial and his comment about 'the other guy'. It reminds me of a part of a book I read, where one of the primary characters died and another commented about the fact that he didn't get his knife back, which was on the dead character at the time. Someone asked "You're only worried about your damn blade?" and the guy just grimly responded "I wish it was all I was worried about."
@MisterMylez

(Also @nekopallet @BirdeeBee @Venusian since you may like to see this)

One of the things I can't show in the background, but will eventually go in bios, is that Jeremiah is a sparring partner for Howl. The two never seek to injure each other, but after realizing Howl was the only real 'fighter' of the group, Jeremiah wanted to fix that. So, he's been learning in the morning when Howl does a similar warmup to what Tulu does.

Speaking of Jeremiah's background training, he does have a small bit of training from his old clan. Mostly about holding daggers and other small weapons in his mouth. What he did in his oddball clan is something I'll touch upon when I get around to exposing more backstories. Everyone has secrets to keep. Some darker than others, but secrets are secrets for a reason, and Jeremiah isn't excluded from this.

Of the current cast, Thorn and Micah's secrets are probably the most harmless. Zylen's is obviously known, and while Apollyon was a little up front about what his clan did to him, his transparency means he's been able to keep details out of the picture. Elanor's also keeping some big secrets that she does not want the others to know without first trusting the others will keep these secrets to themselves. Tulu, Clancy, and Howl (if he lives), have yet to have a situation where their secrets come to light in any fashion.

Of the deceased, Meir and Slay are the only two that didn't really have secrets. Meir because he's baby, and Slaye because he died before I had a chance to flesh him out any. Mariela clearly had some problems in her past that led to her behavior, and I feel Eowyn's physical burial is telling of how her and her home clan got along. Jaxon's entire thing revolved around his staff. Yes, it was his Charge, but there was far more to it than simply being a staff from a supposedly 'random' tree that held some sort of importance in his home clan.

Shame I don't get to elaborate on some of these, but that's the cruelty of the Pinkerlocke. Hopefully some of the others live long enough to share theirs.

Sorry this is a bit long. I loved this opportunity to gush a little. I do think of backstories for everyone in case there's ever a chance to bring it up. I also like to take posts like this to explain that there is stuff going on in the background with the other characters. A lot doesn't show up simply due to Zylen being the focal point character.
@MisterMylez

(Also @nekopallet @BirdeeBee @Venusian since you may like to see this)

One of the things I can't show in the background, but will eventually go in bios, is that Jeremiah is a sparring partner for Howl. The two never seek to injure each other, but after realizing Howl was the only real 'fighter' of the group, Jeremiah wanted to fix that. So, he's been learning in the morning when Howl does a similar warmup to what Tulu does.

Speaking of Jeremiah's background training, he does have a small bit of training from his old clan. Mostly about holding daggers and other small weapons in his mouth. What he did in his oddball clan is something I'll touch upon when I get around to exposing more backstories. Everyone has secrets to keep. Some darker than others, but secrets are secrets for a reason, and Jeremiah isn't excluded from this.

Of the current cast, Thorn and Micah's secrets are probably the most harmless. Zylen's is obviously known, and while Apollyon was a little up front about what his clan did to him, his transparency means he's been able to keep details out of the picture. Elanor's also keeping some big secrets that she does not want the others to know without first trusting the others will keep these secrets to themselves. Tulu, Clancy, and Howl (if he lives), have yet to have a situation where their secrets come to light in any fashion.

Of the deceased, Meir and Slay are the only two that didn't really have secrets. Meir because he's baby, and Slaye because he died before I had a chance to flesh him out any. Mariela clearly had some problems in her past that led to her behavior, and I feel Eowyn's physical burial is telling of how her and her home clan got along. Jaxon's entire thing revolved around his staff. Yes, it was his Charge, but there was far more to it than simply being a staff from a supposedly 'random' tree that held some sort of importance in his home clan.

Shame I don't get to elaborate on some of these, but that's the cruelty of the Pinkerlocke. Hopefully some of the others live long enough to share theirs.

Sorry this is a bit long. I loved this opportunity to gush a little. I do think of backstories for everyone in case there's ever a chance to bring it up. I also like to take posts like this to explain that there is stuff going on in the background with the other characters. A lot doesn't show up simply due to Zylen being the focal point character.
YES! I love this! All of this! Being able to learn more about the characters in this story is an opportunity one can never pass up!
YES! I love this! All of this! Being able to learn more about the characters in this story is an opportunity one can never pass up!
@MisterMylez

I'm hoping that when I go to update the bios that I'll add some sort of section pertaining to relationships everyone has with one another. Little things like seeing that Howl has a crush on Zylen or that Elanor has a very distant way of viewing everyone (referring to them more as allies than coworkers). Seeing who is still on good terms with Clancy and that Micah is getting closer to Thorn because Micah may have hated his swarm but he still gets lonely and needs a friend. You know, little things that say a lot without needing a paragraph like this response is.
@MisterMylez

I'm hoping that when I go to update the bios that I'll add some sort of section pertaining to relationships everyone has with one another. Little things like seeing that Howl has a crush on Zylen or that Elanor has a very distant way of viewing everyone (referring to them more as allies than coworkers). Seeing who is still on good terms with Clancy and that Micah is getting closer to Thorn because Micah may have hated his swarm but he still gets lonely and needs a friend. You know, little things that say a lot without needing a paragraph like this response is.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7