Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Ascribe: FR WRITING Club
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19
@Vngel - Happy to be here! I promise, I do write semi-serious mystery stuff (though I find it hard to stay completely serious) - but for the most part, I just like writing funny stuff for my excellent dragons. Given their names, I'd say I'm kinda locked into the genre, but I do love writing comedy, so it works out for me. :'D

If you need anything donated for the competitions or w/e, let me know? I do a lot of training up to lv 25, so I can level a dragon for you guys, or donate an egg (I find them in the Coli fairly frequently).
@Vngel - Happy to be here! I promise, I do write semi-serious mystery stuff (though I find it hard to stay completely serious) - but for the most part, I just like writing funny stuff for my excellent dragons. Given their names, I'd say I'm kinda locked into the genre, but I do love writing comedy, so it works out for me. :'D

If you need anything donated for the competitions or w/e, let me know? I do a lot of training up to lv 25, so I can level a dragon for you guys, or donate an egg (I find them in the Coli fairly frequently).
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
@Spooner
Thank you so much for the offer! We're hoping to get competitions up and running by May, so either Sentari or I will reach out to you then to see if the offer still stands :)

--

@/everyone

Keep an eye out for the weekly prompt! It'll drop on Wednesday. Sentari and I tried to schedule it so the most writing-intensive days fall on the weekend, whereas planning and editing fall on weekdays. In the meantime, we have a monthly prompt up, which will be replaced with a new prompt on the first of May. Feel free to post any and all ideas that the prompt generates!
@Spooner
Thank you so much for the offer! We're hoping to get competitions up and running by May, so either Sentari or I will reach out to you then to see if the offer still stands :)

--

@/everyone

Keep an eye out for the weekly prompt! It'll drop on Wednesday. Sentari and I tried to schedule it so the most writing-intensive days fall on the weekend, whereas planning and editing fall on weekdays. In the meantime, we have a monthly prompt up, which will be replaced with a new prompt on the first of May. Feel free to post any and all ideas that the prompt generates!
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
Ask me about my writing projects! +
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
@Vngel @Sentari
I want to join!
How long have you been writing? 20+ years
Example of your writing:
Quote:
“Again!” Lief ordered, bringing his hand toward his face in an abortive gesture. He wasn’t wearing as much mud as the younger man, but still, he didn’t want it on his face.
The battle with the slick earth seemed to be one that Lukas was losing. After a moment of struggle, he reached out to Lief with filthy hands. “Help me up, old man.”
“Help yourself.” Lief moved to step out of range when Lukas swiped a hand down the clean part of his boot, the spiteful little brat. In retaliation, Lief kicked a clump of earth into his face and prompted a round of frantic wiping.
“I give up.” Lukas held out a hand again. “Please, I’m begging, okay? Let’s go get cleaned up and forget about training for today.”
“Fine.” Lief stepped forward with a sigh, moved to sympathy by the other man’s defeated tone, only to jump back— not fast enough— when Lukas grabbed his cape and used it for a towel to wipe his face. ”You little—!”
Why do you want to join? My usual writing haunt is a bit slow right now and it would be nice to make some more friends.
What should you give Sentari and Vngel? (remember to read the rules!) Horses and Elephants
Check the things you want to be pinged for: Weekly Prompts: [X] Monthly Newsletter: [X] New Members: []
Other:
@Vngel @Sentari
I want to join!
How long have you been writing? 20+ years
Example of your writing:
Quote:
“Again!” Lief ordered, bringing his hand toward his face in an abortive gesture. He wasn’t wearing as much mud as the younger man, but still, he didn’t want it on his face.
The battle with the slick earth seemed to be one that Lukas was losing. After a moment of struggle, he reached out to Lief with filthy hands. “Help me up, old man.”
“Help yourself.” Lief moved to step out of range when Lukas swiped a hand down the clean part of his boot, the spiteful little brat. In retaliation, Lief kicked a clump of earth into his face and prompted a round of frantic wiping.
“I give up.” Lukas held out a hand again. “Please, I’m begging, okay? Let’s go get cleaned up and forget about training for today.”
“Fine.” Lief stepped forward with a sigh, moved to sympathy by the other man’s defeated tone, only to jump back— not fast enough— when Lukas grabbed his cape and used it for a towel to wipe his face. ”You little—!”
Why do you want to join? My usual writing haunt is a bit slow right now and it would be nice to make some more friends.
What should you give Sentari and Vngel? (remember to read the rules!) Horses and Elephants
Check the things you want to be pinged for: Weekly Prompts: [X] Monthly Newsletter: [X] New Members: []
Other:
Remi
He/Him
@Brokenwing
Accepted! I love the training scene :) And right now, things are moving pretty quickly... so Ascribe is going to be pretty active for a while, I think. If it's your style, we also have a discord you can join.
@Brokenwing
Accepted! I love the training scene :) And right now, things are moving pretty quickly... so Ascribe is going to be pretty active for a while, I think. If it's your style, we also have a discord you can join.
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
@Vngel - No worries at all, just lemme know and I'll see what I have in my vault at that time. Excited to see the weekly prompt~
@Vngel - No worries at all, just lemme know and I'll see what I have in my vault at that time. Excited to see the weekly prompt~
Dear IKTR: Fandragons are in my den! Sometimes there's a few stragglers in my lair.
mancave_banner.png

MANGENTA.png
@Vngel Thank you. it's one of my favorite scenes from my novel I'm in the process of editing. I went ahead and joined the discord too
@Vngel Thank you. it's one of my favorite scenes from my novel I'm in the process of editing. I went ahead and joined the discord too
Remi
He/Him
Just to throw it out there but I have more G1s than I can ever do anything with so I could possibly contribute a dragon as a prize too.
Just to throw it out there but I have more G1s than I can ever do anything with so I could possibly contribute a dragon as a prize too.
Remi
He/Him
@Brokenwing
Good to know! A G1 would be a great addition to the competition. Thank you both for your generosity! Hopefully we'll have a great first contest ^^

---

By the way, to anyone on the thread, a few questions...
  1. Pencil or pen? This is a very serious question btw.
  2. Favorite genre & why?
  3. What's something that you wish you were good at writing?

I'll get us started!

1. Pencil all the way. Erase the mistakes!
2. Sci-fi or fantasy, which weirdly enough, I don't read/write a lot of nowadays. I especially like magical realism--I'm actually taking a class on it right now. I find it the perfect blend of the bizarre & the human.
3. Action scenes. I... I don't know why they're hard for me, but good lord are they ever. I'm working on that now, though, since they're a pretty fundamental tool.
@Brokenwing
Good to know! A G1 would be a great addition to the competition. Thank you both for your generosity! Hopefully we'll have a great first contest ^^

---

By the way, to anyone on the thread, a few questions...
  1. Pencil or pen? This is a very serious question btw.
  2. Favorite genre & why?
  3. What's something that you wish you were good at writing?

I'll get us started!

1. Pencil all the way. Erase the mistakes!
2. Sci-fi or fantasy, which weirdly enough, I don't read/write a lot of nowadays. I especially like magical realism--I'm actually taking a class on it right now. I find it the perfect blend of the bizarre & the human.
3. Action scenes. I... I don't know why they're hard for me, but good lord are they ever. I'm working on that now, though, since they're a pretty fundamental tool.
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
1. Pen. It must be either metal or wood and it must produce a smooth, thick line.
2. Fantasy/sci-fi: I like to read about the fantastic, the strange, the incredible. Same when I write. I like to read about impossible things.
3. poetry
1. Pen. It must be either metal or wood and it must produce a smooth, thick line.
2. Fantasy/sci-fi: I like to read about the fantastic, the strange, the incredible. Same when I write. I like to read about impossible things.
3. poetry
Remi
He/Him
1. Pen. Preferably a Sarasa Clip in 0.5mm or 0.3.. width, or a Uniball Signo.
2. Fantasy. Magic is cool! Our world is boring as it is. Peppering dragons and magic is awesome.
3. Not blazing through. I can't ever get my novel up to novel lengths, because anything not crucial to the plot feels like lazy filler.
1. Pen. Preferably a Sarasa Clip in 0.5mm or 0.3.. width, or a Uniball Signo.
2. Fantasy. Magic is cool! Our world is boring as it is. Peppering dragons and magic is awesome.
3. Not blazing through. I can't ever get my novel up to novel lengths, because anything not crucial to the plot feels like lazy filler.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 19