Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] Ascribe: FR WRITING Club
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
@Vngel @Sentari [b][color=gold]I want to join![/color][/b] [b]How long have you been writing?[/b] forever! since i was in primary school, and that was ages ago now [emoji=banescale laughing size=2] [b]Example of your writing:[/b] i have this [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2771633/1]thread[/url] that i keep all of my scenes i write for my dragons~ [b]Why do you want to join?[/b] i really like reading other people's work to inspire myself to write more for my dragons! i also like giving out and receiving critique, though i'll likely be inactive a lot due to uni starting soon [b]What should you give Sentari and Vngel?[/b] elephants for Vngel, horses for Sentari [b]Check the things you want to be pinged for:[/b] Weekly Prompts: [X] Monthly Newsletter: [X] New Members: [] [b]Other:[/b]
@Vngel @Sentari
I want to join!
How long have you been writing? forever! since i was in primary school, and that was ages ago now
Example of your writing: i have this thread that i keep all of my scenes i write for my dragons~
Why do you want to join? i really like reading other people's work to inspire myself to write more for my dragons! i also like giving out and receiving critique, though i'll likely be inactive a lot due to uni starting soon
What should you give Sentari and Vngel? elephants for Vngel, horses for Sentari
Check the things you want to be pinged for: Weekly Prompts: [X] Monthly Newsletter: [X] New Members: []
Other:
it's midnight and i'm going to bed but i just got into the great library by rachel caine and i wrote a thing for wolfe, please give some kind of critique
The fragments, the titles, the words on a page, all he has left but scars.
He has a name, used so infrequently that it is almost forgotten. He has a title, a reputation.
He had a reputation. It is gone now, and he is nobody. He is a Scholar. He wrote, once.
He learned, he wrote. He drew, tested, drew again, built.
He shared his plans with none.
He presented.
They listened.
He was on a mission for a year.
He was not on a mission for a year.
He taught.
The titles he knew, the words on a page.

it's midnight and i'm going to bed but i just got into the great library by rachel caine and i wrote a thing for wolfe, please give some kind of critique
The fragments, the titles, the words on a page, all he has left but scars.
He has a name, used so infrequently that it is almost forgotten. He has a title, a reputation.
He had a reputation. It is gone now, and he is nobody. He is a Scholar. He wrote, once.
He learned, he wrote. He drew, tested, drew again, built.
He shared his plans with none.
He presented.
They listened.
He was on a mission for a year.
He was not on a mission for a year.
He taught.
The titles he knew, the words on a page.

YUaavvh.png
any pronouns
Time: FR+3
wishlist
accents
art
I collect Miths
Formerly DragonQueenJ
xXUm3Jf.png
WRcl6DV.png
@Uyi
(@obanai @ghostpath @naranciag @gn0me)

Hello hello! Sorry for the super late reply, I've been very busy with college move-in recently! Accepted :D

@cartographic @PuppyLuvr06 @Spooner @Silvfyre @Brokenwing @Cattafang @PinkRose06 @fwuitgummy @JCStitches @obanai @Kaial @Agion @ghostpath @BlurryReflection @Rustea @Lotus7 @naranciag @Mypilot @gn0me @Hyzenthlaay @sgerj @neutron @timelines @DoomedIdeas @DriftingDreams @Uyi

Hey everyone! I've just moved into college (a week ago by tomorrow!), so uh that's why there was no prompt last Wednesday :,) I'm hoping that as I figure out my schedule here I'll be able to be more consistent with the prompts. And without further ado:
Prompt: Change one scientific law of our world (think: gravity, combustion points, plate tectonics), and write a story around it. You can create an "alternate earth" in which this scientific law has alway been different, or you can write a short story set on our earth when this law suddenly changes.

Challenge: Write your story from the point-of-view of the "villain."
@Uyi

Hello hello! Sorry for the super late reply, I've been very busy with college move-in recently! Accepted :D

@cartographic @PuppyLuvr06 @Spooner @Silvfyre @Brokenwing @Cattafang @PinkRose06 @fwuitgummy @JCStitches @obanai @Kaial @Agion @ghostpath @BlurryReflection @Rustea @Lotus7 @naranciag @Mypilot @gn0me @Hyzenthlaay @sgerj @neutron @timelines @DoomedIdeas @DriftingDreams @Uyi

Hey everyone! I've just moved into college (a week ago by tomorrow!), so uh that's why there was no prompt last Wednesday :,) I'm hoping that as I figure out my schedule here I'll be able to be more consistent with the prompts. And without further ado:
Prompt: Change one scientific law of our world (think: gravity, combustion points, plate tectonics), and write a story around it. You can create an "alternate earth" in which this scientific law has alway been different, or you can write a short story set on our earth when this law suddenly changes.

Challenge: Write your story from the point-of-view of the "villain."
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
Ask me about my writing projects! +
image.png
TXY0RA0.png

It do be that time :eyes:
Prompt: Tomorrow as a concept disappears.
Challenge: Write your story from the point-of-view of an abstract concept (fear, peace, etc.).

It do be that time :eyes:
Prompt: Tomorrow as a concept disappears.
Challenge: Write your story from the point-of-view of an abstract concept (fear, peace, etc.).
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
@Uyi I've been enjoying reading the first 5 posts in your thread this morning, you have an easy to read style, so thanks :)
@Uyi I've been enjoying reading the first 5 posts in your thread this morning, you have an easy to read style, so thanks :)
qDkA25S.png
@gn0me

thank you very much! im happy that you enjoy my little pieces~ your kind words boosted my confidence in my writing style ^^
@gn0me

thank you very much! im happy that you enjoy my little pieces~ your kind words boosted my confidence in my writing style ^^
@Vngel @Sentari [b][color=gold]I want to join![/color][/b] [b]How long have you been writing?[/b] Since sixth grade...a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. [b]Example of your writing:[/b] These two are from a writing prompt thread: A [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2979379/51#post_48113580]short one[/url] and a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2979379/64#post_48405601]longer one[/url]. I just completed a fun, 2k-word piece for Starfall lore, but I can't show that one to you yet. Be sure to check out the Starfall Celebration events starting on Sunday the 19th (I don't have a link for the main hub yet) [b]Why do you want to join?[/b] I've really enjoyed collaborating with others for the Starfall lore and want to keep the writing momentum going. [b]What should you give Sentari and Vngel?[/b] Elephants and horses. Do you mean like this? [columns][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/c05f85517c583d4f97c548cb26db66e5/0f8598f9c273f7a6-f0/s250x400/8e81061849b2374bc835069de17383b86fa27c82.png[/img][nextcol][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8b57e7ff61f35c8d74a534602db27c2b/0f8598f9c273f7a6-9f/s250x400/cad8d4bc29623395c488a976e04c65dc3ef22179.png[/img][/columns] [b]Check the things you want to be pinged for:[/b] Weekly Prompts: [X] Monthly Newsletter: [X] New Members: [X] [b]Other:[/b] Sci-fi is a fave...writing and reading. Occasionally mysteries...just reading.
@Vngel @Sentari

I want to join!

How long have you been writing? Since sixth grade...a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Example of your writing: These two are from a writing prompt thread: A short one and a longer one. I just completed a fun, 2k-word piece for Starfall lore, but I can't show that one to you yet. Be sure to check out the Starfall Celebration events starting on Sunday the 19th (I don't have a link for the main hub yet)

Why do you want to join? I've really enjoyed collaborating with others for the Starfall lore and want to keep the writing momentum going.

What should you give Sentari and Vngel? Elephants and horses. Do you mean like this?
8e81061849b2374bc835069de17383b86fa27c82.png cad8d4bc29623395c488a976e04c65dc3ef22179.png

Check the things you want to be pinged for: Weekly Prompts: [X] Monthly Newsletter: [X] New Members: [X]

Other: Sci-fi is a fave...writing and reading. Occasionally mysteries...just reading.
b6f3d4ea76e68d8090de5809afe1f0105cf2c98e.pngoYfCraJ.png0HxJjfZ.gif TAzcwMk.gif
@SocklessWonder
Accepted! Welcome to the club :) Don't forget to join our discord, which is linked on the first post of this thread!
@SocklessWonder
Accepted! Welcome to the club :) Don't forget to join our discord, which is linked on the first post of this thread!
mKTebPi.png
___________ image.png
+ Lore Arc
+ Dragons for Sale
+ Wishlist
image.png
TXY0RA0.png
@Vngel I had an idea for a special forum that promotes and lists different clubs, in order to do this I need a decent amount of clubs and this is the first notable club I could think of. If you would like to discuss, accept, or decline this offer, pm me.
@Vngel I had an idea for a special forum that promotes and lists different clubs, in order to do this I need a decent amount of clubs and this is the first notable club I could think of. If you would like to discuss, accept, or decline this offer, pm me.
L9rA9OI.png MreCscM.png -She/her -Call me Deer
@Vngel @Sentari
I want to join!
How long have you been writing? 11 years? About
Example of your writing:

Done for Auraelia on Flight Rising:

It was a stormy day, one wrought with unforgiving winds and dangerous rains. All one could hear was the raging violent tempest screaming her woes into the night. The moon did not show on this night, there was no light save that of the erratic bursts of lightning that gave forth in their illuminating spontaneity.

As the glow from a particularly powerful and damaging burst of lighting came forth a figure could be seen standing on a large outcropping of rock that thrust itself into the sky. His name, Taiyo, a lightly colored dragon who holds respect for the wind and the sheer power it can possess, especially during storms of this caliber. As Taiyo looked into the dark night with rainwater pouring over him, thunder shaking his very bones, and lightning striking all around, he smiled a toothy grin of excitement.

A deep breath shuddered through Taiyo as he closed his eyes in preparation. His mind cleared as his breathing steadied, around him the wind that cut through his very soul began to calm. Moments passed him until the wind stopped altogether, the rest of the storm still raged around him furiously. His eyes opened themselves back up as his grin turned into a smile of success. He calmed the raging wind once again. Turning around he headed to his home, content with himself and the wind that began to wail once again, growing in strength with each step he took.

Why do you want to join?
What should you give Sentari and Vngel? Elephants/Horses
Check the things you want to be pinged for: Weekly Prompts: [*] Monthly Newsletter: [*] New Members: []
Other: Nothing that I can think of.
@Vngel @Sentari
I want to join!
How long have you been writing? 11 years? About
Example of your writing:

Done for Auraelia on Flight Rising:

It was a stormy day, one wrought with unforgiving winds and dangerous rains. All one could hear was the raging violent tempest screaming her woes into the night. The moon did not show on this night, there was no light save that of the erratic bursts of lightning that gave forth in their illuminating spontaneity.

As the glow from a particularly powerful and damaging burst of lighting came forth a figure could be seen standing on a large outcropping of rock that thrust itself into the sky. His name, Taiyo, a lightly colored dragon who holds respect for the wind and the sheer power it can possess, especially during storms of this caliber. As Taiyo looked into the dark night with rainwater pouring over him, thunder shaking his very bones, and lightning striking all around, he smiled a toothy grin of excitement.

A deep breath shuddered through Taiyo as he closed his eyes in preparation. His mind cleared as his breathing steadied, around him the wind that cut through his very soul began to calm. Moments passed him until the wind stopped altogether, the rest of the storm still raged around him furiously. His eyes opened themselves back up as his grin turned into a smile of success. He calmed the raging wind once again. Turning around he headed to his home, content with himself and the wind that began to wail once again, growing in strength with each step he took.

Why do you want to join?
What should you give Sentari and Vngel? Elephants/Horses
Check the things you want to be pinged for: Weekly Prompts: [*] Monthly Newsletter: [*] New Members: []
Other: Nothing that I can think of.
LEpJMnn.pngzNcyhot.pngtRvB8Xn.pngAswnqzl.pngzl1ZGZ2.png
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19