Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 165 166
this one makes me a bit sad because of my canon lore, but i won't say what it is yet cause i wanna write what happens later [quote]"What do you usually dream about, then?"[/quote] Raven padded into Tigerstar's cave, stepping around the wildclaw as he sharpened a sword. [i]"May I help you?"[/i] "Hey." Tigerstar stood up to greet Raven, who ignored him and walked to his hammock in a daze. [i]"You traitor!"[/i] "Er.. hello?" [i]"What?"[/i] Raven collapsed into the soft, woven structure, pressing his face against his favourite plush. [i]"Do you have any idea what you've done? All of this bloodshed and fighting is because of dragons like you! You- you don't understand the half of it!"[/i] "I had the nightmare again." [i]"I don't-" "Don't play dumb! You're a general, are you not? You're the one who plans the sieges, leads the warriors- all of their blood is on YOUR talons! You-"[/i] A warm talon gently settled on his shoulder, melting away the clinging shadows. "Hey, stay with me, buddy. It's just a nightmare- and a recurring one, at that. It is not real, there is nothing you need to worry about." Raven flicked his tail, distress weighing on his wings. He couldn't just brush off something like that, not when it was far too close and felt too real. He needed Tiger to understand; maybe he didn't have dreams about his clanmates betraying and killing him for trying to protect them all. "What do you usually dream about, Tiger?" A pause. Shuffling footsteps, and a rustle of wings. The silence was far too loud, and Raven had a feeling there was more to it than he'd initially thought. Finally, his friend spoke. "Battles. Blood. Monsters, and a war that never ends." Raven was startled into sitting up, staring into Tigerstar's face. He finally noticed how his friend's eyes were heavily shadowed, how his stance was tired and weary, and how his gaze was distracted and unfocused. It was clear to Raven that the constant fighting was taking its toll on everyone, and that he'd been too harsh on his warriors. Maybe it was time to give everyone a break. Maybe there was another way- but for now, he had to prepare for the next fight. [i]Just one more battle, and then we can all go home and rest. For real, this time.[/i]
this one makes me a bit sad because of my canon lore, but i won't say what it is yet cause i wanna write what happens later
Quote:
"What do you usually dream about, then?"

Raven padded into Tigerstar's cave, stepping around the wildclaw as he sharpened a sword.

"May I help you?"

"Hey." Tigerstar stood up to greet Raven, who ignored him and walked to his hammock in a daze.

"You traitor!"

"Er.. hello?"

"What?"

Raven collapsed into the soft, woven structure, pressing his face against his favourite plush.

"Do you have any idea what you've done? All of this bloodshed and fighting is because of dragons like you! You- you don't understand the half of it!"

"I had the nightmare again."

"I don't-"

"Don't play dumb! You're a general, are you not? You're the one who plans the sieges, leads the warriors- all of their blood is on YOUR talons! You-"

A warm talon gently settled on his shoulder, melting away the clinging shadows.

"Hey, stay with me, buddy. It's just a nightmare- and a recurring one, at that. It is not real, there is nothing you need to worry about."

Raven flicked his tail, distress weighing on his wings. He couldn't just brush off something like that, not when it was far too close and felt too real.

He needed Tiger to understand; maybe he didn't have dreams about his clanmates betraying and killing him for trying to protect them all.

"What do you usually dream about, Tiger?"

A pause. Shuffling footsteps, and a rustle of wings. The silence was far too loud, and Raven had a feeling there was more to it than he'd initially thought.

Finally, his friend spoke. "Battles. Blood. Monsters, and a war that never ends."

Raven was startled into sitting up, staring into Tigerstar's face. He finally noticed how his friend's eyes were heavily shadowed, how his stance was tired and weary, and how his gaze was distracted and unfocused. It was clear to Raven that the constant fighting was taking its toll on everyone, and that he'd been too harsh on his warriors.

Maybe it was time to give everyone a break. Maybe there was another way- but for now, he had to prepare for the next fight.

Just one more battle, and then we can all go home and rest. For real, this time.
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
. . . . ohmygoodness, Thread Regulars!! I was just reading through FYI's previous lore prompts trying to find something very lightning catchy, I want to try something for a lightning dragon. And you have this prompt: [quote]Ever since the earth was uncovered, the tombs ring empty with the cries of the forgotten.[/quote] Can you imagine that getting applied generally to the Dustcarve Dig event? (An event that I'd love to see lore on anyway. It annoys me [i]so much[/i] that the obelisks were not all from the earth territory.)
. . . . ohmygoodness, Thread Regulars!! I was just reading through FYI's previous lore prompts trying to find something very lightning catchy, I want to try something for a lightning dragon. And you have this prompt:
Quote:
Ever since the earth was uncovered, the tombs ring empty with the cries of the forgotten.

Can you imagine that getting applied generally to the Dustcarve Dig event? (An event that I'd love to see lore on anyway. It annoys me so much that the obelisks were not all from the earth territory.)

...signature loading....
@/fyi

I don’t have any particular name for the universe Rayin’s family is set in—but you can call it whatever you like.
In Rayin’s time they’re dealing with the aftermath of a war; there are still some battles going on with the monsters that served primarily as the enemy’s soldiers. You didn’t miss anything, don’t worry ^.^ I just wrote like I was the only one who would read it.
@/fyi

I don’t have any particular name for the universe Rayin’s family is set in—but you can call it whatever you like.
In Rayin’s time they’re dealing with the aftermath of a war; there are still some battles going on with the monsters that served primarily as the enemy’s soldiers. You didn’t miss anything, don’t worry ^.^ I just wrote like I was the only one who would read it.
qv9W79E.png aaaaw3fPTiE.png
do you mind if im added to the pinglist? thank you :))
do you mind if im added to the pinglist? thank you :))
20111.png x

any prns
certified full-time npc
sabers
x
daz3dpt-9fd3277e-9b9b-46cb-ad73-a68ad3176790.gifd1e44ep-65446775-11be-47dc-81c4-566c476bc1b0.gif
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
83186509.png
[center][quote=July 29 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]It was their decision. Wasn't it?[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @Neon126 @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
@Inkwyrm
Ouch. raven's a general and tigerstar is a wildclaw - a soldier, correct? that last line is so ominous. i have a feeling not a lot of them are gonna be surviving this last battle...
f for nightmares, they're horrible :(
@Inkwyrm
Ouch. raven's a general and tigerstar is a wildclaw - a soldier, correct? that last line is so ominous. i have a feeling not a lot of them are gonna be surviving this last battle...
f for nightmares, they're horrible :(
poem shop
writing prompts
@fyi

yes; forgot to put that raven's an imp (he is indeed the general)

tiger's a wc and a warrior/soldier

nightmares do be wack though

heh, let's see about the battle..
@fyi

yes; forgot to put that raven's an imp (he is indeed the general)

tiger's a wc and a warrior/soldier

nightmares do be wack though

heh, let's see about the battle..
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
[center]this prompt is inspired by my yesterday's late night reddit binge[quote=July 30 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]They blinked, mildly concerned. "I just won a staring contest with a statue."[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @Neon126 @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
I am playing with a concept! Some of these snapshots are inspired by prompts here, some just carried into the concept. Would we be okay if I carried it on here? [b] In which Seers have been called to a meeting in Shadow: [/b] [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/46265001][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/462651/46265001.png[/img][/url] [nextcol]"Why Shadow, Lightweaver? Of all places on Sorneith, why Shadow?" [i]~shadowbinder, why light-thing, of all things?~[/i] The nocturne rolled her yes upward. Instead of being creeped out by the unknown lands, she found them annoying like her younger siblings. In the same way, she couldn't resist teasing back, "Shadow voices don't even know 'Binders own creatures. Have all nocturnes fled for brighter lands?" A moment later, she smirked. It seemed the mimickers took a bit longer to respond. Score: 1-0.[/columns] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [columns]"Flamekeeper, light my steps." Somewhere else, a tundra wasn't faring as well. His fur seemed to flicker and tremble like the flames in his lantern. Neither seemed to give off any light - engulfed by thick shadows. Derisive, dizzying laughter sounded around him. "Flames!" The tundra commanded. He shook his lantern. He could feel their heat, but see no light. The laughter got louder. Torch looked wildly about, hoping for some mercy.[nextcol] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70191017][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/701911/70191017.png[/img][/url][/columns] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [columns][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/68956847][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/689569/68956847.png[/img][/url][nextcol] Shanty would have nothing to do with such nonsense. The spiral paid for a path through the sunken springs of the land. She offered sharp rebukes and tail swipes whenever she sensed her guides going off-course. However, the best motivation were the coins she'd remove from their bonus pay and toss into the water, to perhaps forever be lost to the shadowy depths.[/columns] ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [columns]"Where are the stars?" StarBlossom murmured. [i]~Stars cast shadwos on all the land. Your strength is ours.~[/i] "Stars light up the sky." StarBlossom retorted. [i]~Stas explode one by one. Hurrah! Hurrah! Arcanist's work will be done.~[/i] The imperial's whiskers seemed to light up and twinkle with the off-pitch tune. This delighted the unseen speakers. They whispered, hooted, and howled, then settled down form more experimental singing, the one thing that seemed to set off the whisker lights. StarBlossom gritted her teeth. Her claws were spread wide. Her ears backed down on her head. But she didn't try to stop them. Mercifully, their distraction lessened the dark shadows. She could find her way through the humiliation. [nextcol][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/66073195][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/660732/66073195.png[/img][/url] [/columns] ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think I'll do all the elements, just to play! Can I post it here, or should I find another place?
I am playing with a concept! Some of these snapshots are inspired by prompts here, some just carried into the concept. Would we be okay if I carried it on here?

In which Seers have been called to a meeting in Shadow:
46265001.png "Why Shadow, Lightweaver? Of all places on Sorneith, why Shadow?"

~shadowbinder, why light-thing, of all things?~

The nocturne rolled her yes upward. Instead of being creeped out by the unknown lands, she found them annoying like her younger siblings. In the same way, she couldn't resist teasing back, "Shadow voices don't even know 'Binders own creatures. Have all nocturnes fled for brighter lands?"

A moment later, she smirked. It seemed the mimickers took a bit longer to respond. Score: 1-0.

"Flamekeeper, light my steps."

Somewhere else, a tundra wasn't faring as well. His fur seemed to flicker and tremble like the flames in his lantern. Neither seemed to give off any light - engulfed by thick shadows.

Derisive, dizzying laughter sounded around him.

"Flames!" The tundra commanded. He shook his lantern. He could feel their heat, but see no light. The laughter got louder.

Torch looked wildly about, hoping for some mercy.
70191017.png

68956847.png Shanty would have nothing to do with such nonsense. The spiral paid for a path through the sunken springs of the land. She offered sharp rebukes and tail swipes whenever she sensed her guides going off-course. However, the best motivation were the coins she'd remove from their bonus pay and toss into the water, to perhaps forever be lost to the shadowy depths.

"Where are the stars?" StarBlossom murmured.

~Stars cast shadwos on all the land. Your strength is ours.~
"Stars light up the sky." StarBlossom retorted.

~Stas explode one by one. Hurrah! Hurrah! Arcanist's work will be done.~
The imperial's whiskers seemed to light up and twinkle with the off-pitch tune. This delighted the unseen speakers. They whispered, hooted, and howled, then settled down form more experimental singing, the one thing that seemed to set off the whisker lights.

StarBlossom gritted her teeth. Her claws were spread wide. Her ears backed down on her head. But she didn't try to stop them. Mercifully, their distraction lessened the dark shadows. She could find her way through the humiliation.
66073195.png

I think I'll do all the elements, just to play! Can I post it here, or should I find another place?
...signature loading....
[center][quote=July 31 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"Do you think they will be cowed by darkness?" They scoffed. "Don't be ridiculous. I were made of shadow, why would I fear it?"[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @magiritsa @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @fennecfox21 @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @simplyonewinged @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @MittensTheKitten @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Tumbleweeds @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @Neon126 @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 165 166