Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 165 166
Doing an older one today! Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65781795]Manfred[/url] Warnings: brief mentions of murder, questionable parent-child relationship [i]This one's a bit messy but still! Dragon backstory go brr[/i] [quote=April 24 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]They step forward, face set into a snarl, frantic energy frothing under their skin. "Don't you [i]dare."[/i][/size][/quote] "We really have to do something about his obsession," Manfred's father was grumbling. "He's getting too many ideas." "I know," his mother replied with a sigh. "It's just- how do we do it? He's getting to be old enough to go off and watch those races on his own, buy his own merchandise, all that. If we're not careful he'll go and try and sign up and just end up disappointed." "It's not even the disappointment I'm worried about, really. I just don't want my son getting involved in such an... [i]unreliable[/i] profession. I mean, you can't just be a racer forever; it's only a matter of time until those fools can't fly anymore for one reason or another, and I will [i]not[/i] allow my son to push his body too far in some foolish attempt to fly like a spiral or skydancer or whatever other breed. If he hurts himself he can't run with the pack anymore, won't be able to survive, you know, and I'd sooner starve than willingly let him end up like that." He was pacing now, whiplike tail lashing back and forth, and Manfred resisted the urge to dart into the room and argue. "It's that spiral, I think," his mother mused. "He managed to get his claws on that poster of her last time, remember?" His father didn't answer his mother's question, but Manfred remembered. He'd brought some treasure with him in his satchel and used it to buy a poster depicting a spiral dragon who went by Tuberose, who'd quickly become one of the most successful racers of all time despite her relatively young age. Manfred had never seen a dragon fly so fast. "The spiral," Manfred's father was saying. "What's her face- uh, Tuberose. I think you're right. That's the one he's idolizing, isn't it? Maybe if we deal with her Manfred won't be so interested anymore." [i]Deal with her?[/i] What was that supposed to mean? Manfred shuddered in spite of himself. "We do have Schwieger," his mother said, and Manfred's fears were all but confirmed. Schwieger Werft-Danzig was a high-ranking member of the pack and a close friend of Manfred's parents. Prior to joining the pack she'd been an assassin based near the Wyrmwound; apparently she'd often been hired to hunt down potentially dangerous escapees from the Plaguebringer's prisons, with an incredibly high success rate. Was his mother really suggesting they send Schwieger to kill Tuberose? Manfred's father seemed equally surprised. "Schwieger?" he repeated, pausing in his tracks. "Are you suggesting we send her after that spiral?" "I am," his mother replied. "If that dragon's fast enough, she can escape. If not, well, that just means she's not strong enough to survive." "Don't you dare," Manfred blurted out, finally bounding around the corner and into his parents' sitting room. Both of them whipped their heads around to stare at him, wide-eyed. "What do you mean, honey?" his mother asked. Her voice sounded almost too sweet. Manfred narrowed his eyes. "You said you'd send Schwieger to kill Tuberose," he replied. "Why? What is [i]wrong[/i] with you?!" "I never said that, [i]liebchen,"[/i] his mother replied. "Schwieger can do more than killing, you know. I was thinking she could train you as an understudy and you can do that instead of racing." "That's not what you-" "Manfred, honey, you really would make an excellent assassin, you know. Why be a racer when you could do that? You'd be serving the Plaguebringer that way-" "But I don't [i]want[/i] to be an assassin," Manfred argued. "I want to [i]fly,[/i] mother! I don't want to be a killer!" "Mirrors don't fly," his father said sternly. "And racing isn't the kind of career that really meshes with our lifestyle, you know. You're not built for flying; your body will just break down and you won't be fit to survive. I don't want that for you, son, you understand?" "No! No, I don't understand! I can learn to fly properly! I can figure it out!" "But your body isn't meant to fly like that, Manfred! You'll hurt yourself, and I will [i]not[/i] allow my oldest son to do so willingly. Am I understood?" "I just [i]said[/i] I don't understand! Why-" "We just don't want you to be disappointed, honey," his mother said, wrapping a wing around her son's shoulders. "Even if you do learn to fly, you're not meant for it. You'll never be able to fly like that spiral can. What's the point of racing if you don't have a chance of winning?" "It- the point is that it's [i]fun,"[/i] Manfred protested, tears pricking at his main pair of eyes. "It's not about winning, it's just about [i]flying!"[/i] "They probably won't even let you enter, [i]liebchen[/i]. They'll turn you away and say you can't fly well enough. I don't want you to have to go through that kind of thing." "Why? It's not like that would be any different from what [i]you're[/i] doing." His parents fell silent, shocked at his retort. The tension mounted for a moment, and then his mother narrowed her eyes. "Go to your room," she said finally. "We can discuss this some other time, once we've all calmed down. Okay?" Manfred glared at his parents with all the defiance he could muster. "Only if you promise not to kill Tuberose," he replied. "And don't send anyone after her, either." "Alright," his mother said. "We won't do anything to her, okay?" "Promise?" "I swear to the Plaguebringer, your father and I will not send Schwieger or any other dragon to attack or kill Tuberose," she replied, voice serious and firm. "You have my word." Manfred held her gaze for a moment and then nodded once. "Okay," he said finally. "I still want to be a racer, though." "We'll talk about that later. For now, go to your room." "Yes, mother." Manfred nodded again and slipped out of the room. At the very least, he supposed, his parents wouldn't kill his idol; after all, his mother [i]never[/i] went back on her word. But they still didn't approve of his dreams, and... [i]why did he still feel so uneasy?[/i]
Doing an older one today!
Characters: Manfred
Warnings: brief mentions of murder, questionable parent-child relationship
This one's a bit messy but still! Dragon backstory go brr
April 24 2021 wrote:
They step forward, face set into a snarl, frantic energy frothing under their skin.

"Don't you dare."

"We really have to do something about his obsession," Manfred's father was grumbling. "He's getting too many ideas."

"I know," his mother replied with a sigh. "It's just- how do we do it? He's getting to be old enough to go off and watch those races on his own, buy his own merchandise, all that. If we're not careful he'll go and try and sign up and just end up disappointed."

"It's not even the disappointment I'm worried about, really. I just don't want my son getting involved in such an... unreliable profession. I mean, you can't just be a racer forever; it's only a matter of time until those fools can't fly anymore for one reason or another, and I will not allow my son to push his body too far in some foolish attempt to fly like a spiral or skydancer or whatever other breed. If he hurts himself he can't run with the pack anymore, won't be able to survive, you know, and I'd sooner starve than willingly let him end up like that." He was pacing now, whiplike tail lashing back and forth, and Manfred resisted the urge to dart into the room and argue.

"It's that spiral, I think," his mother mused. "He managed to get his claws on that poster of her last time, remember?"

His father didn't answer his mother's question, but Manfred remembered. He'd brought some treasure with him in his satchel and used it to buy a poster depicting a spiral dragon who went by Tuberose, who'd quickly become one of the most successful racers of all time despite her relatively young age. Manfred had never seen a dragon fly so fast.

"The spiral," Manfred's father was saying. "What's her face- uh, Tuberose. I think you're right. That's the one he's idolizing, isn't it? Maybe if we deal with her Manfred won't be so interested anymore."

Deal with her? What was that supposed to mean? Manfred shuddered in spite of himself.

"We do have Schwieger," his mother said, and Manfred's fears were all but confirmed. Schwieger Werft-Danzig was a high-ranking member of the pack and a close friend of Manfred's parents. Prior to joining the pack she'd been an assassin based near the Wyrmwound; apparently she'd often been hired to hunt down potentially dangerous escapees from the Plaguebringer's prisons, with an incredibly high success rate. Was his mother really suggesting they send Schwieger to kill Tuberose?

Manfred's father seemed equally surprised. "Schwieger?" he repeated, pausing in his tracks. "Are you suggesting we send her after that spiral?"

"I am," his mother replied. "If that dragon's fast enough, she can escape. If not, well, that just means she's not strong enough to survive."

"Don't you dare," Manfred blurted out, finally bounding around the corner and into his parents' sitting room. Both of them whipped their heads around to stare at him, wide-eyed.

"What do you mean, honey?" his mother asked. Her voice sounded almost too sweet. Manfred narrowed his eyes.

"You said you'd send Schwieger to kill Tuberose," he replied. "Why? What is wrong with you?!"

"I never said that, liebchen," his mother replied. "Schwieger can do more than killing, you know. I was thinking she could train you as an understudy and you can do that instead of racing."

"That's not what you-"

"Manfred, honey, you really would make an excellent assassin, you know. Why be a racer when you could do that? You'd be serving the Plaguebringer that way-"

"But I don't want to be an assassin," Manfred argued. "I want to fly, mother! I don't want to be a killer!"

"Mirrors don't fly," his father said sternly. "And racing isn't the kind of career that really meshes with our lifestyle, you know. You're not built for flying; your body will just break down and you won't be fit to survive. I don't want that for you, son, you understand?"

"No! No, I don't understand! I can learn to fly properly! I can figure it out!"

"But your body isn't meant to fly like that, Manfred! You'll hurt yourself, and I will not allow my oldest son to do so willingly. Am I understood?"

"I just said I don't understand! Why-"

"We just don't want you to be disappointed, honey," his mother said, wrapping a wing around her son's shoulders. "Even if you do learn to fly, you're not meant for it. You'll never be able to fly like that spiral can. What's the point of racing if you don't have a chance of winning?"

"It- the point is that it's fun," Manfred protested, tears pricking at his main pair of eyes. "It's not about winning, it's just about flying!"

"They probably won't even let you enter, liebchen. They'll turn you away and say you can't fly well enough. I don't want you to have to go through that kind of thing."

"Why? It's not like that would be any different from what you're doing."

His parents fell silent, shocked at his retort. The tension mounted for a moment, and then his mother narrowed her eyes. "Go to your room," she said finally. "We can discuss this some other time, once we've all calmed down. Okay?"

Manfred glared at his parents with all the defiance he could muster. "Only if you promise not to kill Tuberose," he replied. "And don't send anyone after her, either."

"Alright," his mother said. "We won't do anything to her, okay?"

"Promise?"

"I swear to the Plaguebringer, your father and I will not send Schwieger or any other dragon to attack or kill Tuberose," she replied, voice serious and firm. "You have my word."

Manfred held her gaze for a moment and then nodded once. "Okay," he said finally. "I still want to be a racer, though."

"We'll talk about that later. For now, go to your room."

"Yes, mother." Manfred nodded again and slipped out of the room. At the very least, he supposed, his parents wouldn't kill his idol; after all, his mother never went back on her word. But they still didn't approve of his dreams, and... why did he still feel so uneasy?
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
[center][quote=January 8 2022][font=century gothic][size=5]It was the painful truth in painted words.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @Quarth @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Hey guys! It’s been sooo long since ive been on here, well in my head it has been. Since before Christmas actually. I really loved doing these prompts, but because of family stuff i cant really come on here anymore! But i hope i can sometime soon! I dont realllly know why im telling you guys this, when you guys don’t know me very well, but just so you know why I poofed without saying anything.

BUt also i do want to stay on the ping list! I would love to have a connection to hear even while im on hiatus! Okay so thats really all i wanted to say, so bye!

-Eliza
Hey guys! It’s been sooo long since ive been on here, well in my head it has been. Since before Christmas actually. I really loved doing these prompts, but because of family stuff i cant really come on here anymore! But i hope i can sometime soon! I dont realllly know why im telling you guys this, when you guys don’t know me very well, but just so you know why I poofed without saying anything.

BUt also i do want to stay on the ping list! I would love to have a connection to hear even while im on hiatus! Okay so thats really all i wanted to say, so bye!

-Eliza
“With great power comes great need to take a nap.”-Nico Di Angelo, The Last Olympian
as always I was looking though the old prompts i have a new character now and oh boy i love the scene this one gave me, and IK this is a writing thread but i also drew art to go along w the story [emoji=guardian happy size=1] If you'd like to comment on this/ critique feel free to :> always love hearing what other people think Main Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/41869938][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/412060264809103371/929946951942803497/unknown.png[/img][/url] Pre-Obelsik, Referred to as Heilyn [size=4]Warnings: Dark themes | Non-descriptive Death & Violence | Fear [/size] [quote name= "March 11 2021"][center]The dark can be frightening, but it's rarely the worst thing. They know that, now.[/center][/quote] One time when he was young, his mother found him shivering in the dark, paws curled over his head whispering little nothings to soothe himself. She gently shook him from his frozen state, pulling him into a hug. "Oh Heilyn, what has you so scared?" She cooed, running her hand in his mane. "Mama the shadows, they scare me..." He sniffled pressing closer to her, closer to the invisible light that shone from her. "My sweet child... The dark can be frightening, but it's hardly the worst thing to fear. Come now, let's go back home." He knew what she was talking about now. Years later and her words whispering in his head, hardly heard under the pained yells of the clan. They were ringing in his ears and echoing off the walls. He couldn't possibly help them he couldn't even join them in their demise. His legs wouldn't move from his hiding spot, his eyes glued to the scene of death before him. It reeked of something other than the blood that lay in dark streaks that ran though the grass like snakes. If only he didn't talk with that pale dragon, he wouldn't have sent the dark one and their posse of murderers. Gnashing teeth and dagger sharp claws that tore through flesh too swiftly to be natural. He worried for his family, the ones who weren't here... What great horrors they would find when they returned home. Great thundering paw steps ran past him followed by a shriek of pain that was quickly cut off. He stared wide eyed as the bloodied paws of an attacker paused before him. Terrified that he would be found, all he could do was press himself against the wall and hope they didn't find him. It felt like hours he was staring at them praying that they didn't notice him and when they finally moved off he released the sharp breath he took, doing nothing to relieve the fearful ache in his bones. How long must this slaughter go on... [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/916506180912816161/929979705065607238/Mercius4.png[/img] ------- :') I'm sorry small child, but you need a tragic backstory. You just do.
as always I was looking though the old prompts i have a new character now and oh boy i love the scene this one gave me, and IK this is a writing thread but i also drew art to go along w the story
If you'd like to comment on this/ critique feel free to :> always love hearing what other people think

Main Characters:
unknown.png Pre-Obelsik, Referred to as Heilyn

Warnings: Dark themes | Non-descriptive Death & Violence | Fear
March 11 2021 wrote:
The dark can be frightening, but it's rarely the worst thing.
They know that, now.

One time when he was young, his mother found him shivering in the dark, paws curled over his head whispering little nothings to soothe himself. She gently shook him from his frozen state, pulling him into a hug.

"Oh Heilyn, what has you so scared?" She cooed, running her hand in his mane.

"Mama the shadows, they scare me..." He sniffled pressing closer to her, closer to the invisible light that shone from her.

"My sweet child... The dark can be frightening, but it's hardly the worst thing to fear. Come now, let's go back home."

He knew what she was talking about now.
Years later and her words whispering in his head, hardly heard under the pained yells of the clan. They were ringing in his ears and echoing off the walls. He couldn't possibly help them he couldn't even join them in their demise. His legs wouldn't move from his hiding spot, his eyes glued to the scene of death before him. It reeked of something other than the blood that lay in dark streaks that ran though the grass like snakes.

If only he didn't talk with that pale dragon, he wouldn't have sent the dark one and their posse of murderers. Gnashing teeth and dagger sharp claws that tore through flesh too swiftly to be natural. He worried for his family, the ones who weren't here... What great horrors they would find when they returned home.

Great thundering paw steps ran past him followed by a shriek of pain that was quickly cut off. He stared wide eyed as the bloodied paws of an attacker paused before him. Terrified that he would be found, all he could do was press himself against the wall and hope they didn't find him. It felt like hours he was staring at them praying that they didn't notice him and when they finally moved off he released the sharp breath he took, doing nothing to relieve the fearful ache in his bones. How long must this slaughter go on...

Mercius4.png

:') I'm sorry small child, but you need a tragic backstory. You just do.
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
[center][quote=January 10 2022][font=century gothic][size=5]There was disbelief in their expression when they looked up. "They... let me go."[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @Quarth @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Ive been writing a lot more lately but its all been really dark so i finally got in the mood for something nice w this :D Characters: [url=https://www.flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52994436][img]https://www.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/529945/52994436p.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www.flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=59976231][img]https://www.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/599763/59976231p.png[/img][/url] Warnings: None [center][quote name="March 15 2021"]"-morning come and twilight go, petals fall and saplings grow. nature ugly nature kind, birds of a feather, flying high."[/quote] [/center] "-morning come and twilight go, petals fall and saplings grow. nature ugly nature kind, birds of a feather, flying high." "that doesn't rhyme" Laurence mumbled, breaking the near quite after Oleander finished her not-rhyme. They were sitting on a balcony overlooking the main hub just outside the Viridian Labyrinth on a training mission, something about integrating with the modern dragons. She scoffed, "It's not supposed to rhyme, its... a -uh- a poem!" "Poems rhyme." "Not modern poems. They don't have as many rules on literature as we do." She flipped through some of the papers on the table. "Maybe I should bring some back home, they might lighten the mood a bit." Laurence chuckled "I think if you did some of the elders might kick the bucket." and with his best grand-dragon voice, "It's too beautiful aaaaa-" Hearty laughter filled the air with their joy. Maybe the modern world wasn't as bad as they thought after all ------ Very welcome for comments & critique, please let me know what you guys think of this -I really love it
Ive been writing a lot more lately but its all been really dark so i finally got in the mood for something nice w this :D

Characters:
52994436p.png 59976231p.png

Warnings: None

March 15 2021 wrote:
"-morning come and twilight go,
petals fall and saplings grow.
nature ugly nature kind,
birds of a feather, flying high."

"-morning come and twilight go,
petals fall and saplings grow.
nature ugly nature kind,
birds of a feather, flying high."

"that doesn't rhyme" Laurence mumbled, breaking the near quite after Oleander finished her not-rhyme.

They were sitting on a balcony overlooking the main hub just outside the Viridian Labyrinth on a training mission, something about integrating with the modern dragons.

She scoffed, "It's not supposed to rhyme, its... a -uh- a poem!"

"Poems rhyme."

"Not modern poems. They don't have as many rules on literature as we do." She flipped through some of the papers on the table. "Maybe I should bring some back home, they might lighten the mood a bit."

Laurence chuckled "I think if you did some of the elders might kick the bucket." and with his best grand-dragon voice, "It's too beautiful aaaaa-"

Hearty laughter filled the air with their joy. Maybe the modern world wasn't as bad as they thought after all

Very welcome for comments & critique, please let me know what you guys think of this -I really love it
a simple gif of a courier dragon flying facing to the right. It is a completely black silhouette with black particles around it One day I'm going to
hand you something and
it's going to be a bug.
It/Its Pronouns
Aro/Ace
Agender Man
FR Time +2
IMlLWzB.gif
[center][quote=January 13 2022][font=century gothic][size=5]By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @Quarth @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
just some commenting for fun!

@kimnoodles
i love that april 24 prompt tho. its beautiful how manfred stands up to his parents! sad that they disapprove in his dreams, tho :(
now my drama-loving heart kinda wants manfred to get to a position as a famous racer, befriend tuberose, and accidentally let slip that he may have inadvertently saved her life. just imagine her reaction xD

@Sciatica
fun fact, that march 15 prompt uses slant rhyme! so i guess technically it is rhyme? though definitely not conventional rhyming, lol. i love the idea of poetry in the sornieth world though, poetry is very dear to my heart and now i'm wondering what dragon poetry would look like... hm...
btw that art piece you drew for the march 11 prompt is beautiful! :0
just some commenting for fun!

@kimnoodles
i love that april 24 prompt tho. its beautiful how manfred stands up to his parents! sad that they disapprove in his dreams, tho :(
now my drama-loving heart kinda wants manfred to get to a position as a famous racer, befriend tuberose, and accidentally let slip that he may have inadvertently saved her life. just imagine her reaction xD

@Sciatica
fun fact, that march 15 prompt uses slant rhyme! so i guess technically it is rhyme? though definitely not conventional rhyming, lol. i love the idea of poetry in the sornieth world though, poetry is very dear to my heart and now i'm wondering what dragon poetry would look like... hm...
btw that art piece you drew for the march 11 prompt is beautiful! :0
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote] By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late.[/quote] SOME FLOOF Zuri and Icicle stood there, motionless. The comet was going to streak through the sky, and dazzle everything with sparkling startlight — At least, that’s what Diamond said — He was rather poetic. Zuri was pretty sure he didn’t tell the exact truth. Suddenly, a flash shined in the air. “Icicle!” Zuri shrieks. “Look up!” Icicle, who had just woken up from a nap, looked up. But it was already too late. The streak was gone. “Noooooooo…” He moans, before laughing. “There’s always next time!” - Feel free to comment!
Quote:
By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late.

SOME FLOOF

Zuri and Icicle stood there, motionless. The comet was going to streak through the sky, and dazzle everything with sparkling startlight — At least, that’s what Diamond said — He was rather poetic. Zuri was pretty sure he didn’t tell the exact truth.

Suddenly, a flash shined in the air.

“Icicle!” Zuri shrieks. “Look up!”

Icicle, who had just woken up from a nap, looked up. But it was already too late. The streak was gone.

“Noooooooo…” He moans, before laughing. “There’s always next time!”
-
Feel free to comment!
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Writing with my deities again, hadn't done that in a while! [quote=January 13 2022][center][size=6][font=high tower text]By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late.[/quote] [b]Characters[/b]: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62816188]Legioona[/url] [b]Notes[/b]: Legioona is the name I gave to the dragon representing the... entity or whatever it is, but it's just the Finnish spelling of the word "legion", referred to as such because... well, you'll see. Also, I imagine this takes place somewhere quite far in the past - think, like, stone age or whatever it'd be for dragons. Less refined magic, definitely very little refined weaponry, way more territorial disputes getting solved with claws and teeth and breath attacks. This... sort of turned out like a legend, of sorts? Maybe this'll be in the Shattered Tower's mythos as a folk tale passed down through both Arcane and Plague dragons, built into a version of a story that puts together as many details and irons out as many inconsistencies as possible. Or maybe it's a story told by one of the clan's elders. Iunno yet, but I like it enough to say I want to keep it. Critique and comments are welcomed, but not necessary! [b]Content warnings[/b]: Death, descriptions of decay and the occasional gore mention ----- By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late. The gravely wounded imperial collapsed upon the few still-standing mirrors, and they drew their last breaths together. The two rival clans had become one on the bloodstained battlefield, both having believed themselves superior only to find out how terrifyingly evenly matched they'd been. It would've almost been a poetic sight, had there been anyone left to witness it. Alas, the field laid quiet now. The plant life had been trampled to dust, trees left withered when the magic had been sapped from the ley lines in the soil. The only things left standing were the twisted pillars of shimmering pink crystal and purulent flesh, and they seemed to only barely hold it together as well. The carrion birds were the first to arrive, followed by the scavenger animals. Together they bowed their heads to start their solemn, silent feast, only broken up by a brief startle as the imperial twitched. But the desperate, quiet call of its magic heard no response, as it had been the only one of its kind in the fight. The beast fell still once more, and the animals continued their quiet work. As the field turned to rot and the stench of decay grew, so did the swarms of insects. They burrowed into what remained of the flesh, cleaned the bones, and brought back life to the soil underneath. But curiously, no plants grew. No, what arrived next was a quiet, unyielding, rhythmic noise. Chk-chk-chk-chk-chk, sung the once quiet field of bones. Chk-chk-chk-chk-chk. The air was full, and the field turned to white as countless rats crawled over the skulls and spines and claws. Chk-chk-chk-chk-chk, the sound of tiny teeth against bone was endless. A stray dragon, lost from its pack, strayed past the field. Its ears pricked up at the sound, and soon it found the legion of rats. Chk-chk-chk, the air echoed still, even when the rats all turned to face it. The dragon froze, wings held up and body tense. It nearly fled, but the sound changed, and so it waited, cautiously, to listen. Chk-chk-chk, you can run, dragon. The field spoke, hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of red eyes pointed at the poor, cowering thing. You can run, but we come for you in the end. Chk-chk-chk-echk-echoing the message of everything that ends, we come for you when you no longer hear us. Worship us not, it changes nothing, dragon... all that starts will have an end. We are an end, after an end, after an end. An end, an end, end, end. Chk-chk-chk. The dragon turned and ran, and for just a moment, the sound of tiny teeth against bone followed. Just for a moment, end stood by the dragon, and then it was gone.
Writing with my deities again, hadn't done that in a while!

January 13 2022 wrote:
By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late.

Characters: Legioona
Notes: Legioona is the name I gave to the dragon representing the... entity or whatever it is, but it's just the Finnish spelling of the word "legion", referred to as such because... well, you'll see.

Also, I imagine this takes place somewhere quite far in the past - think, like, stone age or whatever it'd be for dragons. Less refined magic, definitely very little refined weaponry, way more territorial disputes getting solved with claws and teeth and breath attacks.

This... sort of turned out like a legend, of sorts? Maybe this'll be in the Shattered Tower's mythos as a folk tale passed down through both Arcane and Plague dragons, built into a version of a story that puts together as many details and irons out as many inconsistencies as possible. Or maybe it's a story told by one of the clan's elders. Iunno yet, but I like it enough to say I want to keep it.

Critique and comments are welcomed, but not necessary!

Content warnings: Death, descriptions of decay and the occasional gore mention

By the time they thought to look up, it was already too late. The gravely wounded imperial collapsed upon the few still-standing mirrors, and they drew their last breaths together. The two rival clans had become one on the bloodstained battlefield, both having believed themselves superior only to find out how terrifyingly evenly matched they'd been. It would've almost been a poetic sight, had there been anyone left to witness it.

Alas, the field laid quiet now. The plant life had been trampled to dust, trees left withered when the magic had been sapped from the ley lines in the soil. The only things left standing were the twisted pillars of shimmering pink crystal and purulent flesh, and they seemed to only barely hold it together as well.

The carrion birds were the first to arrive, followed by the scavenger animals. Together they bowed their heads to start their solemn, silent feast, only broken up by a brief startle as the imperial twitched. But the desperate, quiet call of its magic heard no response, as it had been the only one of its kind in the fight. The beast fell still once more, and the animals continued their quiet work.

As the field turned to rot and the stench of decay grew, so did the swarms of insects. They burrowed into what remained of the flesh, cleaned the bones, and brought back life to the soil underneath. But curiously, no plants grew.

No, what arrived next was a quiet, unyielding, rhythmic noise. Chk-chk-chk-chk-chk, sung the once quiet field of bones. Chk-chk-chk-chk-chk. The air was full, and the field turned to white as countless rats crawled over the skulls and spines and claws. Chk-chk-chk-chk-chk, the sound of tiny teeth against bone was endless.

A stray dragon, lost from its pack, strayed past the field. Its ears pricked up at the sound, and soon it found the legion of rats. Chk-chk-chk, the air echoed still, even when the rats all turned to face it.

The dragon froze, wings held up and body tense. It nearly fled, but the sound changed, and so it waited, cautiously, to listen.

Chk-chk-chk, you can run, dragon. The field spoke, hundreds upon hundreds upon hundreds of red eyes pointed at the poor, cowering thing. You can run, but we come for you in the end. Chk-chk-chk-echk-echoing the message of everything that ends, we come for you when you no longer hear us. Worship us not, it changes nothing, dragon... all that starts will have an end. We are an end, after an end, after an end. An end, an end, end, end. Chk-chk-chk.

The dragon turned and ran, and for just a moment, the sound of tiny teeth against bone followed. Just for a moment, end stood by the dragon, and then it was gone.

1 2 ... 125 126 127 128 129 ... 165 166