Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | triweekly writing prompts !
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 165 166
@fyi
Can you add me to the pinglist, please?
@fyi
Can you add me to the pinglist, please?
sxrFjUf.gif
[center]to anyone who was confused before--I'm so sorry, there was an error in the loading! this was the actual prompt for dec 20.[quote=December 20 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]A moment of silence. "You didn't say that before."[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[quote=December 19 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]That was... incredible, insane, and impossible.[/size][/quote] first try at doing this! kinda wrote a horror thing- nothing intense, but just in case i feel i should [b]cw for themes of unreality & implied self harm[/b] i don't write much except sticommy stuff and comic scripts usually so this leans a bit cheesy i think! crit is welcome! [spoiler] it [b]was... incredible, insane, and impossible,[/b] but the mark the cooktop had left on her forearm had started [i]moving[/i]. it started imperceptibly slow- over a week it moved only an inch or two up her arm, rotating towards the elbow. it wasn't until she was applying the burn gel on the ninth morning that she realized the location of her scar no longer made sense. there was no accidental way for that part of her arm to touch the element. it would take intent. she didn't remember the moment of the incident (it hadn't been all that notable to her-) but she knew she'd never do that. it wasn't in her nature. she tracked it over the next few days. her findings showed that not only [i]was[/i] it moving (picking up speed, no less,) it wasn't healing at all. the wound stayed as it was, ugly and red and blistered in the middle. and it was moving towards her face. assuming its speed kept increasing exponentially as it had been, it would arrive before the end of the week. it just could not be allowed to make it to her face. to see it there, every time she looked into the mirror... to know that others could see it too. just the thought upset her, god forbid the reality. how could she ever find love, if she were so disfigured? she didn't like it, but she'd have to stop the wretched mark before it made it past her elbow. [/spoiler]
December 19 2021 wrote:
That was... incredible, insane, and impossible.

first try at doing this! kinda wrote a horror thing- nothing intense, but just in case i feel i should cw for themes of unreality & implied self harm

i don't write much except sticommy stuff and comic scripts usually so this leans a bit cheesy i think! crit is welcome!

it was... incredible, insane, and impossible, but the mark the cooktop had left on her forearm had started moving. it started imperceptibly slow- over a week it moved only an inch or two up her arm, rotating towards the elbow. it wasn't until she was applying the burn gel on the ninth morning that she realized the location of her scar no longer made sense.

there was no accidental way for that part of her arm to touch the element. it would take intent. she didn't remember the moment of the incident (it hadn't been all that notable to her-) but she knew she'd never do that. it wasn't in her nature.

she tracked it over the next few days. her findings showed that not only was it moving (picking up speed, no less,) it wasn't healing at all. the wound stayed as it was, ugly and red and blistered in the middle. and it was moving towards her face. assuming its speed kept increasing exponentially as it had been, it would arrive before the end of the week.

it just could not be allowed to make it to her face. to see it there, every time she looked into the mirror... to know that others could see it too. just the thought upset her, god forbid the reality.

how could she ever find love, if she were so disfigured?

she didn't like it, but she'd have to stop the wretched mark before it made it past her elbow.
[center][quote=December 21 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]They drew it out with trembling hands.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
[center][quote=December 22 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]The first time they felt it was when they were six.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
Characters: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69588291]Azarathiel[/url] Warnings: none [center][quote=December 19 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]That was... incredible, insane, and impossible.[/size][/quote] When Azarathiel dropped three of the Lightweaver's precious scrolls into the sea, she knew it was all over. She hadn't [i]meant[/i] to drop them, of course; they merely slipped through her talons and fell while she was trying to transport them. It didn't matter, though; such a terrible mistake would certainly get her demoted, if not outright stripped of her divinity and exiled. So she was hardly surprised when the Lightweaver's council - the group of angelic dragons who provided a link between the mortal and divine planes and who worked to run the Light domain - decided to remove her from her position as Angel of the Dawn and demote her to Clan Guardian instead. No more would she soar among the most elite heralds and couriers, delivering messages and artifacts to the Lightweaver herself. No; now she would have to live on the mortal plane, relegated to warding the shadows away from some small mixed-element clan on the southeastern coast. Great. Just great. The mortal plane, it turned out, looked just like the divine one, albeit a bit darker. The sun was setting when she stepped out of the mortal version of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, and although she knew that could happen in this realm she was still taken by surprise. The sun [i]never[/i] set on the divine plane, and she'd never had reason to leave. Until now, anyway. Azarathiel's eyes and scales and feathers all glowed brightly, just like any other angel, but even so the night felt thick and choking. Even with her brilliant light she could hardly see, and the darkness seemed to press in around her as if it were waiting for a chance to engulf her completely. Was this supposed to happen? Didn't the Lightweaver rule these lands? She tried to convince herself she was dreaming. Surely this incredible darkness was nothing more than a nightmare. Before long she'd wake up to the bright light she was used to... right? [i]This is impossible,[/i] she told herself. [i]It's not real. It's just a dream.[/i] Deep down, though, she knew it was all real, and after pondering for a while she realized this must be the reason her new role was necessary. She was meant to ward off this darkness. She'd just have to get used to it first.
Characters: Azarathiel
Warnings: none
December 19 2021 wrote:
That was... incredible, insane, and impossible.

When Azarathiel dropped three of the Lightweaver's precious scrolls into the sea, she knew it was all over. She hadn't meant to drop them, of course; they merely slipped through her talons and fell while she was trying to transport them. It didn't matter, though; such a terrible mistake would certainly get her demoted, if not outright stripped of her divinity and exiled. So she was hardly surprised when the Lightweaver's council - the group of angelic dragons who provided a link between the mortal and divine planes and who worked to run the Light domain - decided to remove her from her position as Angel of the Dawn and demote her to Clan Guardian instead.

No more would she soar among the most elite heralds and couriers, delivering messages and artifacts to the Lightweaver herself. No; now she would have to live on the mortal plane, relegated to warding the shadows away from some small mixed-element clan on the southeastern coast. Great. Just great.

The mortal plane, it turned out, looked just like the divine one, albeit a bit darker. The sun was setting when she stepped out of the mortal version of the Beacon of the Radiant Eye, and although she knew that could happen in this realm she was still taken by surprise. The sun never set on the divine plane, and she'd never had reason to leave. Until now, anyway.

Azarathiel's eyes and scales and feathers all glowed brightly, just like any other angel, but even so the night felt thick and choking. Even with her brilliant light she could hardly see, and the darkness seemed to press in around her as if it were waiting for a chance to engulf her completely. Was this supposed to happen? Didn't the Lightweaver rule these lands?

She tried to convince herself she was dreaming. Surely this incredible darkness was nothing more than a nightmare. Before long she'd wake up to the bright light she was used to... right?

This is impossible, she told herself. It's not real. It's just a dream.

Deep down, though, she knew it was all real, and after pondering for a while she realized this must be the reason her new role was necessary.

She was meant to ward off this darkness. She'd just have to get used to it first.
maGaaTX.png
organized signature? i don't know her

she/her - autistic - friend requests welcome
if you're looking for fandragons, Starlight and Aether have links and plans respectively!
Wishlist - Clan Lore
acecatcher.png
@kimnoodles I started in Light Flight and that was a really nice taste of the Flight's territory, especially the higher realm where the sun never sets. I'd never thought of it like that so Thankyou for the worldbuilding!
@kimnoodles I started in Light Flight and that was a really nice taste of the Flight's territory, especially the higher realm where the sun never sets. I'd never thought of it like that so Thankyou for the worldbuilding!
qDkA25S.png
[center][quote=December 23 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]"So... you lived," they observed.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
hehe im back :3 time for some good-ol'.. idek what this is, haha ^^' ----- [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67959045][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/679591/67959045_350.png[/img][/url] nightmare | he/him [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61773431][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/617735/61773431_350.png[/img][/url] hyperion | he/him [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/29313703][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/293138/29313703_350.png[/img][/url] parabola | he/it ----- [b]cw for violent flashbacks and panic attack[/b] [quote]"So.. you lived," they observed.[/quote] Hyperion's breath hitched in his throat as he spotted dark red, star-speckled wings. [i]No.. please don't tell me- Last time I saw him- why is he here, now of all times?[/i] Blood and pain and darkness swirled in Hyperion's mind, rushing up and pressing down on him, pushing him further and further into the ground- "Are you alright?" A gentle voice cut into his spiralling thoughts, and the wildclaw looked up at a dark blue imperial. Soft, cornflower-blue runes glowed faintly along his snout, reflecting off his glasses. A strangely knowing gaze held Hyperion's, steadying him in the present. "Yes," he lied, not wanting to worry the stranger. It wasn't the imperial's business to know what (or who) he'd remembered. The dragon huffed a bit, mumbling something about how strangely independent youngsters were. [i]I'm not that young! I can hold my own in many a struggle! I've been in this clan longer than almost anyone else![/i] Hyperion flicked his tail in annoyance and stalked off. There were some things he needed to do, and even more things he had to say. [center]---[/center] It [i]was[/i] him. Hyperion would recognise that smug smirk and hollow-eyed mask anywhere. The blasted wildclaw had been [i]waiting[/i] for him outside the fence, and he was now leaning against it, tapping one toe-claw on the ground in boredom. "Nightmare," Hyperion growled, fighting to keep his rage at bay. Oh, how he wanted to claw that toothy grin right off the lizard's face. "So.. you're alive." A shadow flickered across his mind, followed closely by a flash of red. Hyperion resettled his wings, flicking the memories away. "Are you disappointed?" Nightmare chuckled at his snarky response. "No." Confused, Hyperion took a half-step back. "And why not?" "Because," the other wildclaw started, speaking slowly as though he were but a hatchling, "I like it when old rivals find me again and start fights they can't win." Ice trailed down Hyperion's spine, and he shuddered slightly. [i]How many dragons has he..[/i] He didn't finish that thought. He reached up and touched his shoulder blade absently, a ghost pain causing him to wince. Though he couldn't see his eyes, Hyperion knew that Nightmare's gaze was following his every movement. A small lash of the dragon's tail confirmed his suspicion. "First move's yours, [i]Hyperion[/i]."
hehe im back :3 time for some good-ol'.. idek what this is, haha ^^'

67959045_350.png

nightmare | he/him

61773431_350.png

hyperion | he/him

29313703_350.png

parabola | he/it

cw for violent flashbacks and panic attack
Quote:
"So.. you lived," they observed.

Hyperion's breath hitched in his throat as he spotted dark red, star-speckled wings.

No.. please don't tell me-

Last time I saw him- why is he here, now of all times?

Blood and pain and darkness swirled in Hyperion's mind, rushing up and pressing down on him, pushing him further and further into the ground-

"Are you alright?"

A gentle voice cut into his spiralling thoughts, and the wildclaw looked up at a dark blue imperial. Soft, cornflower-blue runes glowed faintly along his snout, reflecting off his glasses. A strangely knowing gaze held Hyperion's, steadying him in the present.

"Yes," he lied, not wanting to worry the stranger. It wasn't the imperial's business to know what (or who) he'd remembered.

The dragon huffed a bit, mumbling something about how strangely independent youngsters were.

I'm not that young! I can hold my own in many a struggle! I've been in this clan longer than almost anyone else!

Hyperion flicked his tail in annoyance and stalked off. There were some things he needed to do, and even more things he had to say.
---

It was him. Hyperion would recognise that smug smirk and hollow-eyed mask anywhere. The blasted wildclaw had been waiting for him outside the fence, and he was now leaning against it, tapping one toe-claw on the ground in boredom.

"Nightmare," Hyperion growled, fighting to keep his rage at bay. Oh, how he wanted to claw that toothy grin right off the lizard's face.

"So.. you're alive."

A shadow flickered across his mind, followed closely by a flash of red. Hyperion resettled his wings, flicking the memories away. "Are you disappointed?"

Nightmare chuckled at his snarky response. "No."

Confused, Hyperion took a half-step back. "And why not?"

"Because," the other wildclaw started, speaking slowly as though he were but a hatchling, "I like it when old rivals find me again and start fights they can't win."

Ice trailed down Hyperion's spine, and he shuddered slightly. How many dragons has he..

He didn't finish that thought. He reached up and touched his shoulder blade absently, a ghost pain causing him to wince. Though he couldn't see his eyes, Hyperion knew that Nightmare's gaze was following his every movement. A small lash of the dragon's tail confirmed his suspicion.

"First move's yours, Hyperion."
een4H37dx.png
eecHa0MYt.png
eeO62tc6n.png
acecatcher.png aromcatcher.png
[center][quote=December 24 2021][font=century gothic][size=5]Disgust rose in them. And then, shame.[/size][/quote] @Nightlilac @goldrush @naranciag @sunwolf @sanzang @Hemmalaya @stolen @MaybeHuman @WanderingPaws @kimnoodles @daffydil @finnamony @kawiikatz @Peachycupcake525 @xSTORMDRAGONx @Inkwyrm @TheGrayGhost @moonstrucksmorns @CatInDisguise @DriftingDreams @Xuelian @Mercurythewolf @Pinkish13 @SkySerenade @pandakitty1 @PuppyLuvr06 @shr00mlightz @AllHailWebby @Hyzenthlaay @Illusia @AwkwardTrash @LavenderSelkie @wolfdragon3036 @StarryLune @ulvesang @styygian @Orodruin @Crizona @Lavend3rDragon @PeacefulPyro @PinkRose06 @SocklessWonder @Wyrmlight @fuzzysherbet @Quilava2010 @AlterZero @DewFeather @LapisWings @SouthernHawker @Mistwhisker @darcyrambles @supersticky @Vershton @Starbunnies @Silvfyre @PurpleSun @Sterlingstars @QuirkyJunimo @StarfallRanch @Cinmoren @Cotinga @ufology @TashaTheGraceful @W1F1N1GHTM4R3 @wahooley @BlurryReflection @Feathershine22 @Kattata @counterklock @brambee @Severynn @Celestiyl @Sunsire @Juxtapose @EagerNicol @ButterBees @Accismus[/center]
poem shop
writing prompts
1 2 ... 121 122 123 124 125 ... 165 166