Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Prehistoric Design Contest! 1000g+
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Bump!
Bump!
Bump
Bump
Heh, my art isn't very good but here's my entry anyway! Most of the actual detail in the design is in the description of how everything functions.
32239223_EVAaSyYB1lj5kpy.png

The green bits are fans, which flare up when the creature feels threatened or is attempting to appear aggressive, and can be used to signal to others of its species. It's tail is prehensile, and it's front paws have one long, main sickle-like finger which it can use to cut through things, to stab prey, and to reach through holes in termite mounds to catch the termites within. The backward facing claws on the underside of the wrist can serve as a shovel, or can be used to grip objects. The back feet is designed for running and stability, as this is quite a fast creature and yet one which only walks on two legs. The small claw on the back of the foot is also used for balance and stability, as it can be dug into the ground to steady the creature, this is often used when this prehistoric beast is trying to maintain an aggressive stance.
The long, spear-like horn atop it's head is used as a weapon, hence it's forward facing position. The creature will lower it's head, not so much that it's narrow eyes are looking down but enough that the horn is horizontal, and will use the horn to stab it's prey or attacker. The jagged hooks attached are to make sure the victim cannot escape; they hook on the flesh, meaning the victim either cannot escape or their flesh is torn further as they wrench away.

Edit: could you also add me to the pinglist for one week left + any other events like this? Thnx!
Heh, my art isn't very good but here's my entry anyway! Most of the actual detail in the design is in the description of how everything functions.
32239223_EVAaSyYB1lj5kpy.png

The green bits are fans, which flare up when the creature feels threatened or is attempting to appear aggressive, and can be used to signal to others of its species. It's tail is prehensile, and it's front paws have one long, main sickle-like finger which it can use to cut through things, to stab prey, and to reach through holes in termite mounds to catch the termites within. The backward facing claws on the underside of the wrist can serve as a shovel, or can be used to grip objects. The back feet is designed for running and stability, as this is quite a fast creature and yet one which only walks on two legs. The small claw on the back of the foot is also used for balance and stability, as it can be dug into the ground to steady the creature, this is often used when this prehistoric beast is trying to maintain an aggressive stance.
The long, spear-like horn atop it's head is used as a weapon, hence it's forward facing position. The creature will lower it's head, not so much that it's narrow eyes are looking down but enough that the horn is horizontal, and will use the horn to stab it's prey or attacker. The jagged hooks attached are to make sure the victim cannot escape; they hook on the flesh, meaning the victim either cannot escape or their flesh is torn further as they wrench away.

Edit: could you also add me to the pinglist for one week left + any other events like this? Thnx!
@FluffyDragonCats

hello! i was wondering if you had decided on an end-date for the contest? :D
@FluffyDragonCats

hello! i was wondering if you had decided on an end-date for the contest? :D
underskrift-geo.png
@Fennecfox21
Thank you for entering, I love how much thought you’ve put into the design!

@cordifolium
Hi!
Thanks for reminding me, I’ve decided to end it two weeks from now, so the 21st of March ^^
@Fennecfox21
Thank you for entering, I love how much thought you’ve put into the design!

@cordifolium
Hi!
Thanks for reminding me, I’ve decided to end it two weeks from now, so the 21st of March ^^
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Bump
Decided to enter because why not [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697511050224074833/818598859600691220/image0.png[/img] Tbh my art skills are pretty lacking and apologies that this is so messy I went watercolor to emulate the feel of feathers more; not too sure how well that worked out haha This was very vaguely based on a therizinosaurus and a dimorphodon.
Decided to enter because why not
image0.png

Tbh my art skills are pretty lacking and apologies that this is so messy
I went watercolor to emulate the feel of feathers more; not too sure how well that worked out haha

This was very vaguely based on a therizinosaurus and a dimorphodon.
52970845778_17c037eedd_o.png ... » She/Her
» Wishlist
» FR Time +3
» G1s For Sale
@Sequel
Thank you for entering, It looks great, and I do love the feathery textures you created!
@Sequel
Thank you for entering, It looks great, and I do love the feathery textures you created!
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12