Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Earth Dom] Bone Shuffle (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5
@Dracowolf

SummerSolstice is a cryptozoologst and wrote the following entry in her field book after examining these bones: “Today I had the good fortune to examine the bones of the legendary Goat Man. This cryptid normally is not found in caves, but near the little used roads and paths he normally roams. This cryptid is known to eat animals, familiars and beast clan members (as can be attested to by the additional jaws, flippers and sundry other strange body parts found with this set of bones.) It is thought that he started out as either a grove piper or a spotted faun but was transformed by an experiment by one of Baldwin’s apprentices that went horribly wrong. I believe that his nemesis, the Dewayo/Dwayyom, also known as the Wolfman of Dragonhome, accounts for the legs that seem to end in paws and the extra arms. It is possible that there was a great battle between them that caused the Goatman to enter Dewayo territory and thus enter the caves. I am eager to explore further to test my hypothesis.”
@Dracowolf

SummerSolstice is a cryptozoologst and wrote the following entry in her field book after examining these bones: “Today I had the good fortune to examine the bones of the legendary Goat Man. This cryptid normally is not found in caves, but near the little used roads and paths he normally roams. This cryptid is known to eat animals, familiars and beast clan members (as can be attested to by the additional jaws, flippers and sundry other strange body parts found with this set of bones.) It is thought that he started out as either a grove piper or a spotted faun but was transformed by an experiment by one of Baldwin’s apprentices that went horribly wrong. I believe that his nemesis, the Dewayo/Dwayyom, also known as the Wolfman of Dragonhome, accounts for the legs that seem to end in paws and the extra arms. It is possible that there was a great battle between them that caused the Goatman to enter Dewayo territory and thus enter the caves. I am eager to explore further to test my hypothesis.”
earthshaker.png
Hello all you wonderful entrants!

I have spoken to the other judge and we discussed in great detail who won the top 3 prizes.

First up Most Unique Creation goes to @stressparticles
Our runner up was: Wanderingturtle with their rocks

Honestly, it the hand creature looks like it came out of a Tim Burton movie and we couldn't argue it was unique.

Second up: Most Dangerous goes to @Kurokosworth
Runner up was between Joule and Aprycus' worm creature.

Ultimately the thought of the thing also having wings along with everything else meant that we'd rather take our chances with the others.

Third up: Cuddliest Creature. We went a bit weird on this one but ended up on @Joule
Because we kept picturing it as tiny and hissing angrily at dragons and the dragons just finding it adorable.
Our runner up was: Aprycus's bat owl creature, it is very soft. Although one judge did want to hug the worm.

Now for our RNG:

RNG 1: @Magnoliahybrid - Firefly Veilspun
RNG 2: @Aprycus - Featherback Boar
RNG 3: @Bananyan - Rockback Charger

Ramsey will be delivering the gifts shortly.

As for everyone else, keep a eye on your mailbox this week. Ramsey appreciates all of your help this week and will be showing his thanks soon.

@Wanderingturtle @ReginaChaos @Medievalredragon

We loved every entry and it was hard choosing the winners, it was a lot of fun to see what everyone came up with!

And I had a feeling I missed someone @Aradan
A very cute little creature, we did consider it for the cuddliest. Ramsey will be sure to visit you as well
Hello all you wonderful entrants!

I have spoken to the other judge and we discussed in great detail who won the top 3 prizes.

First up Most Unique Creation goes to @stressparticles
Our runner up was: Wanderingturtle with their rocks

Honestly, it the hand creature looks like it came out of a Tim Burton movie and we couldn't argue it was unique.

Second up: Most Dangerous goes to @Kurokosworth
Runner up was between Joule and Aprycus' worm creature.

Ultimately the thought of the thing also having wings along with everything else meant that we'd rather take our chances with the others.

Third up: Cuddliest Creature. We went a bit weird on this one but ended up on @Joule
Because we kept picturing it as tiny and hissing angrily at dragons and the dragons just finding it adorable.
Our runner up was: Aprycus's bat owl creature, it is very soft. Although one judge did want to hug the worm.

Now for our RNG:

RNG 1: @Magnoliahybrid - Firefly Veilspun
RNG 2: @Aprycus - Featherback Boar
RNG 3: @Bananyan - Rockback Charger

Ramsey will be delivering the gifts shortly.

As for everyone else, keep a eye on your mailbox this week. Ramsey appreciates all of your help this week and will be showing his thanks soon.

@Wanderingturtle @ReginaChaos @Medievalredragon

We loved every entry and it was hard choosing the winners, it was a lot of fun to see what everyone came up with!

And I had a feeling I missed someone @Aradan
A very cute little creature, we did consider it for the cuddliest. Ramsey will be sure to visit you as well
arOGchX.png
@Dracowolf

What a fun and interesting event!

Congrats to everyone, while I joined late I really enjoyed all the fun creatures!

Thanks Dracowolf -- I hope you will run something like this again.

Medievalredragon
@Dracowolf

What a fun and interesting event!

Congrats to everyone, while I joined late I really enjoyed all the fun creatures!

Thanks Dracowolf -- I hope you will run something like this again.

Medievalredragon
earthshaker.png
Aww thank you! Haha well, even a normal-sized goat would be pretty small compared to the larger dragon breeds. XD Maybe it's based on a tiny goat and a housecat for extra small! [center][img]https://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2009/11/5/1257434500264/African-Pygmy-Goat-004.jpg[/img] thank you [url=http://tinyversionsofbiggerthings.blogspot.com/2009/11/tiny-goat.html]internet[/url][/center]
Aww thank you! Haha well, even a normal-sized goat would be pretty small compared to the larger dragon breeds. XD Maybe it's based on a tiny goat and a housecat for extra small!

African-Pygmy-Goat-004.jpg
thank you internet
yyymK1IKw5qjXOsi5KWbEU3vmJCvz_kpSzr_McjQ8C9nc0A2KTkNDTRmN6vOJc63W3GYPtIsZaNN8dlHvtUUJq_i-cgM9UZxqqmXVcI1LncqWSAX4QqbFrYGXtncojo23r-TQak0ZrPh4x77xZZsrw6E0UPSSXjhH7dxfaTxXUoDLsHerulWw71xWWoPc2hPONQJWQWLvLfybcvnBsJPdpXB71kZbSUhl13b69aEKOkqoMq84SEMTmQNwgQUIvnTOaECVjyJXTFWj16eGFU6Xwhkom8z1qgXdTw-PMNgELFy3HLXbmbcEy3aP0rrnff_IDtbP25mqjQssmOhXX3brWKyrjpw2h-0xChwHG374D31eoIB7_ER_2DMsnaR7tLfhO0Qgw0b1gLF8MaWuju6p74FySdO6qfhe1KGGm_LUIdrpnEir4MOUreWiHqgLZTR7dw6yhRHt-QqeMcObk0TI4v57Az4QqdB6z6wxyKMJmoU-Fsazvc1lPafJV_bqluyYUf2-RV0THf_a3v-iSi8b7cCiWrRAXVdKO6hVN4yNr9H4SRv0_5d2lwoHkA8-SuVN48KPMYXNbqMkS3qsD_jvvoQsUwsazgmXMBf8Xeef8xF7qdKUw5C8RUXDIGC5TA6YtAot_W9BoRsRvla3jAqrCKDUc5671EorYk7qxwOOs8b1aWnDC8Q2O8gUZhlM14ptHOFBM04SXK45o-iGxN8-Ij9MQ=w200-h100-no?.png KRuK6O9R_o.png 1xvoDtTGiALiFXcp031eamHZvGydh5IsVzErRTx1tkzR07khhnbn7iFFy8QcXv0IWDuKXeYoBQiw9JyC9INQ1IfJwsZa5CAiopYoRUm40byjdxMRTJ8O2AwG7-kkKTvVV62Y1-5qe5PLEp6AoTLlwTTQmSgtzRRPUoNkh1yvHwt0pW2TgP9xtzWUMASyebLTRQ87ohiyBNiNV5v6-PrAYFehM4lSMOeyfwYl1rmw1rtUVogCMgT4jQmlQiaNE_p850lmwniuFkeedthmdRfuBbzihhhnDiSN9G3jsaUb7XDu6bIAVgWwHY93z1AVn1q_nsywRBgo_gDs9fZM_sfy9OBUmYF7l00v3IaK3OI9PmpA0zCOwdFG2Ilr54rUSzLeW57JxNiceHgXXopgzJmRRzCQBto7GEDos0TpAQusEwXOKe--5ZHIphiRbnwUlPyDJD4uM3FFA_U4Wkj1qBrcVXdHQBxYLtFeXxYxHUMY5NYpAXZ_AKHgonR_dXEMnSwLnb83Jmx82Guf1Di5rSBZy2dQDw-QZjbGhv4LAnpo_pfF2q_xIp02jIP6S7O49hU4-D-5vjDmdBFXhn5Xnk8Bjkmc-hK6FTnxVkX-vxjMn7TdcU8W2mRZXA-vyknBDhRLXs1v7MvVFe41Hn0n9JHUpsGxx_ayS5jsOGolJAaga6E06xVVlfwI4IXKomlsT60rNPzo_eyIrKrDekI3Vwcb08DiGg=w200-h100-no?.png
(@Dracowolf - Psst, I think you forgot to ping Aradan in your post!) Anyway, woo, I may not've won but I loved participating in this contest regardless! And now that I don't have to worry about my comments inadvertently influencing the judges, I just want to gush a bit about the other entries because seeing everyone's creativity was awesome. :D Please don't mind my overenthusiasm~ @Bananyan - Every time I look at your entry it gives me Dr. Seuss vibes and I love it for that. [emoji=heart size=1] @Aradan - That is indeed a wee, [i]cute[/i] beastie! Lookit how small and adorable it is with its teeny wings and stumpy arms! @Aprycus - Wow, all of your entries are impressive! You managed to make the quills, scales, and fur combo on the deserty one seem natural, the owly one is just downright cool, and the cave worm thing is creepy but intriguing. @stressparticles - Your entry amuses me to no end, including the extra doodle of the artist. And yeah, I'm sure it's fine without a head, really! @Kurokosworth - Oh gosh, your entry looks so amazingly sinister! I think I get evil Disney creature vibes from it. @Magnoliahybrid - What a cool sea creature thing! I can actually almost see that as the skeleton of some weird prehistoric creature. @Joule - Wow, that is the softest, cutest mixed-up chimera I've ever seen! @ReginaChaos - Your entry would make a seriously interesting creature in life! I love the touch of multiple sets of eyes. @Medievalredragon - Your entry was a pleasure to read, and got me so curious about the cryptids you mentioned that I had to look them up to find out more about them. You did a great job adapting their lore to mesh with Flight Rising's!
(@Dracowolf - Psst, I think you forgot to ping Aradan in your post!)

Anyway, woo, I may not've won but I loved participating in this contest regardless! And now that I don't have to worry about my comments inadvertently influencing the judges, I just want to gush a bit about the other entries because seeing everyone's creativity was awesome. :D Please don't mind my overenthusiasm~

@Bananyan - Every time I look at your entry it gives me Dr. Seuss vibes and I love it for that.

@Aradan - That is indeed a wee, cute beastie! Lookit how small and adorable it is with its teeny wings and stumpy arms!

@Aprycus - Wow, all of your entries are impressive! You managed to make the quills, scales, and fur combo on the deserty one seem natural, the **** one is just downright cool, and the cave worm thing is creepy but intriguing.

@stressparticles - Your entry amuses me to no end, including the extra doodle of the artist. And yeah, I'm sure it's fine without a head, really!

@Kurokosworth - Oh gosh, your entry looks so amazingly sinister! I think I get evil Disney creature vibes from it.

@Magnoliahybrid - What a cool sea creature thing! I can actually almost see that as the skeleton of some weird prehistoric creature.

@Joule - Wow, that is the softest, cutest mixed-up chimera I've ever seen!

@ReginaChaos - Your entry would make a seriously interesting creature in life! I love the touch of multiple sets of eyes.

@Medievalredragon - Your entry was a pleasure to read, and got me so curious about the cryptids you mentioned that I had to look them up to find out more about them. You did a great job adapting their lore to mesh with Flight Rising's!
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
@WanderingTurtle

Thank you! I really like dinosaurs and reptiles, especially Mosasaurus, so it's nice to hear that a creature that I made is realistic compared to those creatures of the deep.
@WanderingTurtle

Thank you! I really like dinosaurs and reptiles, especially Mosasaurus, so it's nice to hear that a creature that I made is realistic compared to those creatures of the deep.
e4Povii.png
MUYNhfy.png
eswSnrS.png
tqGkHih.png
bhdEs05.png
OPFWPxg.png
GpIVvm1.png
ZqTATLu.png
rnKnsgE.png
iJZWqi6.png
hey! i'm w1llyn1lly! want to read my about me? it's here ==>yo!
remember to hydrate and take a break every once in a while! oh, and stretch your wrists, wrist pain sucks.
@WanderingTurtle

Thanks for the kind words and looking up my cryptids. They are local (Maryland USA) cryptids that I have grown up with hearing about and I just could not resist using an adaptation of them here.
@WanderingTurtle

Thanks for the kind words and looking up my cryptids. They are local (Maryland USA) cryptids that I have grown up with hearing about and I just could not resist using an adaptation of them here.
earthshaker.png
@Dracowolf aYY!! [emoji=rainbow size=1] i had fun with this, thank you so much!! tim burton has the Good aes, i'm glad i was able to hit it! @WanderingTurtle and FJFJDJKDJ bleSS u freN, u gem [emoji=heart size=1] and ppl have prolly survived with less! prolly! it can just learn braille, i'm sure it'll be fine
@Dracowolf aYY!! i had fun with this, thank you so much!! tim burton has the Good aes, i'm glad i was able to hit it!

@WanderingTurtle and FJFJDJKDJ bleSS u freN, u gem and ppl have prolly survived with less! prolly! it can just learn braille, i'm sure it'll be fine
angle%201.pngartbutton%20closed.pngartshop%20icon.pngstresssig.gif
angle%202.pngumabutton.pngumashop%20icon.pngradiation%20middle.png
angle%203.pngumatutorialbutton.pngumatutorial%20icon.pngstresssig2.gif
@WanderingTurtle

Thank you so much! I really enjoy designing creatures, and I hope we have an event similar to this in the future!
@WanderingTurtle

Thank you so much! I really enjoy designing creatures, and I hope we have an event similar to this in the future!
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
@WanderingTurtle Thank you so much!! I haven't done much creature design lately so this was a really good excuse to mess around with it! I also just have to mention your rock friends entry! They are so cute [emoji=heart size=1]
@WanderingTurtle Thank you so much!! I haven't done much creature design lately so this was a really good excuse to mess around with it!
I also just have to mention your rock friends entry! They are so cute
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
1 2 3 4 5