Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Earth Dom] Bone Shuffle (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5
Alright, I've actually been working on a more... involved entry for this contest, but I intend to post that on Saturday so since I had some time I did a simpler entry now. Also yes, I have no artistic talent, but who cares? I'm having fun! [img]https://i.imgur.com/mawf299.png[/img] [b]Bones used:[/b] [list] [*]A long tail (there's a tail there somewhere) [*]A bone ball with spikes (at the end of the tail) [*]One short and pointy bone and one slightly longer and pointy (the fangs) [*]Part of the spine of a really long creature (some of that's a spine) [*]A flipper/bone hat of some sort (on the head) [/list] It's a small eel-like creature that likes to imagine it's a scary shark (it's not) because of the head fin/flipper/hat thing and sneaks up on boats to terrify their occupants (it doesn't, it's too tiny for anyone to notice). It lives a very happy life. ^_^
Alright, I've actually been working on a more... involved entry for this contest, but I intend to post that on Saturday so since I had some time I did a simpler entry now.

Also yes, I have no artistic talent, but who cares? I'm having fun!

mawf299.png

Bones used:
  • A long tail (there's a tail there somewhere)
  • A bone ball with spikes (at the end of the tail)
  • One short and pointy bone and one slightly longer and pointy (the fangs)
  • Part of the spine of a really long creature (some of that's a spine)
  • A flipper/bone hat of some sort (on the head)

It's a small eel-like creature that likes to imagine it's a scary shark (it's not) because of the head fin/flipper/hat thing and sneaks up on boats to terrify their occupants (it doesn't, it's too tiny for anyone to notice). It lives a very happy life. ^_^
A colorful chibi Mirror dragon. Image links to the dragon itself.colorful chaos
This anatomy is probably not practical in any way but this was fun to do!
1pTEICN.png

Please let me know if anything used needs to be changed or clarified. c:

Bones used:
Day 3: Another tail
Day 2: Another 2 legs
Day 1: Two horns
2 Legs that seem to end in paws
2 legs that seem to end in hooves
2 arms but not sure what hands go with them
A clawed hand
A thick rib cage
A long tail
Possibly a stinger
A large set of wings
A small set of wings
This anatomy is probably not practical in any way but this was fun to do!
1pTEICN.png

Please let me know if anything used needs to be changed or clarified. c:

Bones used:
Day 3: Another tail
Day 2: Another 2 legs
Day 1: Two horns
2 arms but not sure what hands go with them
A clawed hand
A thick rib cage
A long tail
Possibly a stinger
A large set of wings
A small set of wings
Art Shop
Adopts

Brew
Dom Shop
giphy.giftumblr_nshkr3XLBb1uauq0zo1_400.png
I've really been enjoying the entries so far!

Daily Bones Pinglist:
@Bananyan, @WanderingTurtle, @Aprycus

"This bone is hollow, perhaps an outer shell for something? If I blow in it, it makes noise, maybe this was some sort of musical creature?"
I've really been enjoying the entries so far!

Daily Bones Pinglist:

"This bone is hollow, perhaps an outer shell for something? If I blow in it, it makes noise, maybe this was some sort of musical creature?"
arOGchX.png
[quote][columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42189120][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/421892/42189120p.png[/img][/url][nextcol]Poppy examanied the long spine and stinger, attaching them together. "I could see this sort of creature living in cave systems!" [/columns][/quote] [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/775174990601256990/779255364075520065/Bone_Shuffle_monster_3.png[/img]
Quote:
42189120p.png Poppy examanied the long spine and stinger, attaching them together.

"I could see this sort of creature living in cave systems!"

Bone_Shuffle_monster_3.png
Vert-divider-100.png
• She/Her
• NZ
• Pigeon Fan
Art shop
[quote name= Entry] A mirror comes up to the stand. After reading the sign, she exclaims "Ooh puzzles! I love puzzles!" You try to stop her and explain that this is not puzzles, it's scientific research, but she's in the stand already. After some building, she comes outside with a small fossil sea creature looking thing. She shows it to you, explaining that she used the ribcage, "something that looked like a wing hand", a couple spikes, the hooved leg, the fin, and the long tail to make it. [/quote] [img]https://i.ibb.co/hx0r70b/2020-11-20-0iz-Kleki.png[/img] Here's my entry!
Entry wrote:
A mirror comes up to the stand. After reading the sign, she exclaims "Ooh puzzles! I love puzzles!" You try to stop her and explain that this is not puzzles, it's scientific research, but she's in the stand already. After some building, she comes outside with a small fossil sea creature looking thing. She shows it to you, explaining that she used the ribcage, "something that looked like a wing hand", a couple spikes, the hooved leg, the fin, and the long tail to make it.
2020-11-20-0iz-Kleki.png
Here's my entry!
e4Povii.png
MUYNhfy.png
eswSnrS.png
tqGkHih.png
bhdEs05.png
OPFWPxg.png
GpIVvm1.png
ZqTATLu.png
rnKnsgE.png
iJZWqi6.png
hey! i'm w1llyn1lly! want to read my about me? it's here ==>yo!
remember to hydrate and take a break every once in a while! oh, and stretch your wrists, wrist pain sucks.
Daily Bones Pinglist:

Final Bone Set:

“Ah-ha! These must be some sort of round and completely useless tusks! Or… Maybe they’re part of the elbow? Or the leg? Where did these even come from? Maybe they’re rocks…”
Daily Bones Pinglist:

Final Bone Set:

“Ah-ha! These must be some sort of round and completely useless tusks! Or… Maybe they’re part of the elbow? Or the leg? Where did these even come from? Maybe they’re rocks…”
arOGchX.png
Thanks so much for hosting! What a fun idea. :) I couldn't get this out of my head... what if chimera, but all the parts were in a different order? [i]2 Legs that seem to end in paws 2 legs that seem to end in hooves “Oh this looks like another tail? Or maybe it’s just part of the spine and the creature is really long”[/i] [center] [img]https://images2.imgbox.com/9d/0d/reylA253_o.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/361.png[/img] [/center]
Thanks so much for hosting! What a fun idea. :)

I couldn't get this out of my head... what if chimera, but all the parts were in a different order?

“Oh this looks like another tail? Or maybe it’s just part of the spine and the creature is really long”

reylA253_o.png

361.png
yyymK1IKw5qjXOsi5KWbEU3vmJCvz_kpSzr_McjQ8C9nc0A2KTkNDTRmN6vOJc63W3GYPtIsZaNN8dlHvtUUJq_i-cgM9UZxqqmXVcI1LncqWSAX4QqbFrYGXtncojo23r-TQak0ZrPh4x77xZZsrw6E0UPSSXjhH7dxfaTxXUoDLsHerulWw71xWWoPc2hPONQJWQWLvLfybcvnBsJPdpXB71kZbSUhl13b69aEKOkqoMq84SEMTmQNwgQUIvnTOaECVjyJXTFWj16eGFU6Xwhkom8z1qgXdTw-PMNgELFy3HLXbmbcEy3aP0rrnff_IDtbP25mqjQssmOhXX3brWKyrjpw2h-0xChwHG374D31eoIB7_ER_2DMsnaR7tLfhO0Qgw0b1gLF8MaWuju6p74FySdO6qfhe1KGGm_LUIdrpnEir4MOUreWiHqgLZTR7dw6yhRHt-QqeMcObk0TI4v57Az4QqdB6z6wxyKMJmoU-Fsazvc1lPafJV_bqluyYUf2-RV0THf_a3v-iSi8b7cCiWrRAXVdKO6hVN4yNr9H4SRv0_5d2lwoHkA8-SuVN48KPMYXNbqMkS3qsD_jvvoQsUwsazgmXMBf8Xeef8xF7qdKUw5C8RUXDIGC5TA6YtAot_W9BoRsRvla3jAqrCKDUc5671EorYk7qxwOOs8b1aWnDC8Q2O8gUZhlM14ptHOFBM04SXK45o-iGxN8-Ij9MQ=w200-h100-no?.png KRuK6O9R_o.png 1xvoDtTGiALiFXcp031eamHZvGydh5IsVzErRTx1tkzR07khhnbn7iFFy8QcXv0IWDuKXeYoBQiw9JyC9INQ1IfJwsZa5CAiopYoRUm40byjdxMRTJ8O2AwG7-kkKTvVV62Y1-5qe5PLEp6AoTLlwTTQmSgtzRRPUoNkh1yvHwt0pW2TgP9xtzWUMASyebLTRQ87ohiyBNiNV5v6-PrAYFehM4lSMOeyfwYl1rmw1rtUVogCMgT4jQmlQiaNE_p850lmwniuFkeedthmdRfuBbzihhhnDiSN9G3jsaUb7XDu6bIAVgWwHY93z1AVn1q_nsywRBgo_gDs9fZM_sfy9OBUmYF7l00v3IaK3OI9PmpA0zCOwdFG2Ilr54rUSzLeW57JxNiceHgXXopgzJmRRzCQBto7GEDos0TpAQusEwXOKe--5ZHIphiRbnwUlPyDJD4uM3FFA_U4Wkj1qBrcVXdHQBxYLtFeXxYxHUMY5NYpAXZ_AKHgonR_dXEMnSwLnb83Jmx82Guf1Di5rSBZy2dQDw-QZjbGhv4LAnpo_pfF2q_xIp02jIP6S7O49hU4-D-5vjDmdBFXhn5Xnk8Bjkmc-hK6FTnxVkX-vxjMn7TdcU8W2mRZXA-vyknBDhRLXs1v7MvVFe41Hn0n9JHUpsGxx_ayS5jsOGolJAaga6E06xVVlfwI4IXKomlsT60rNPzo_eyIrKrDekI3Vwcb08DiGg=w200-h100-no?.png
[quote name="Polluxia"] [left][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/551234/55123314p.png[/img][/left]Polluxia looked over every piece she was given, eventually coming out with some kind of predatory skeleton. "I do believe I remember seeing something resembling this somewhere..." She did not.[/quote] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/8PkS3yt6/Untitled188-20201121181427.png[/img] Pieces used: 2 legs ending in paws A thick ribcage A large pair of wings A small pair of wings Two arms, not sure what they end in A clawed hand A stinger A bone ball with spikes A long tail Another tail A long horn A short horn A jawbone
Polluxia wrote:
55123314p.png
Polluxia looked over every piece she was given, eventually coming out with some kind of predatory skeleton. "I do believe I remember seeing something resembling this somewhere..." She did not.
Untitled188-20201121181427.png
Pieces used:
2 legs ending in paws
A thick ribcage
A large pair of wings
A small pair of wings
Two arms, not sure what they end in
A clawed hand
A stinger
A bone ball with spikes
A long tail
Another tail
A long horn
A short horn
A jawbone
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.giflfh.png
Ta-da, finally done with the entry that kept me occupied all week! I may've gone a bit overboard and decided from the start that I'd use all the bones without even knowing what the daily ones would be, but boy did I have fun with it! :D The daily bones presented some interesting challenges as the week went on, too. (Not gonna lie, I was kinda expecting a skull to show up at some point forcing me to figure out where I could possibly fit another head, but also kinda relieved that didn't happen.) There's also a slight chance that I might've put too much thought into what purpose each part would serve and how this creature would function. Maybe. Possibly. A little bit. *cough* Anyway... [img]https://i.imgur.com/nT50jIo.jpg[/img] [b]Notes about my creature:[/b] [list] [*]Lives strictly underground in caves and tunnels, and as a result is completely blind but has incredibly acute hearing and sense of smell. Its multiple sets of wing-like fans are used to help direct sound to its large ears, attached by relatively narrow sections which allow for a remarkably wide range of motion. Its large nostrils are capable of sealing shut to block out dirt and other debris when digging tunnels or water when swimming. [*]Is migratory in nature, as much as its native cave system allows. It sometimes digs its own tunnels in search of food, which over time develop into extensive networks and occasionally connect to entirely new cave systems, expanding its available territory significantly. It uses the spikes on its head and its prominent tusks to help loosen dirt and brittle stones when digging while the front paws and their long dew claws handle the rest of the tunnel-digging. [*]Is an omnivore, eating things like insects, fungi, salamanders, bats, seafood, and anything else it can find. The lower mouth has specialized teeth for breaking through the tough exoskeletons of insects while the upper mouth handles most other food. Its stomach is also capable of digesting small stones and dirt that it occasionally ingests while eating. [*]Hunts for food in a variety of ways. The hands are used for shallow digging to reach buried insects, the left, spade-like blade doing the actual digging while the right, clawed hand grasps whatever prey is unearthed before it can escape. It uses the stinger on the end of one tail to stun bats flying in the air, causing them to fall to the ground where they can then be eaten. It also dives in search of food in underground pools, using its flippered tail to more easily maneuver. [*]The rest of its body is also well-adapted to the demands of its environment. The chest is wide enough to accommodate both a set of legs and arms, with the spindly, flexible arms staying tucked up in a protective bone shell when not in use. The different sets of legs allow it a more secure purchase on the range of surfaces found in its habitat, from relatively loose soil to rocky ledges. [*]Is not an aggressive creature, but is capable of defending itself if threatened. It uses the spikes on its head and its long dew claws against any dangers in front of it, while the hooves on the hind legs cover any threats from the rear. [/list] [b]Bones used:[/b] [s][i]ALL OF THEM[/i][/s] [list] [*]2 legs that seem to end in paws - front legs [*]2 legs that seem to end in hooves - hind legs [*]2 arms but not sure what hands go with them - attached to the chest between the front legs and inside the protective shell [*]A clawed hand - on the right arm [*]A thick rib cage - right where you'd expect a rib cage to be [*]A long tail - the one on the right [*]A bone ball with spikes - the spiked skull (the lack of eye sockets, generally round shape, and Ramsey's broken glasses all contributed to his not recognizing it as a skull... really, just go with it) [*]Some sort of bladed bone - the "hand" on the left arm [*]Possibly a stinger - on the end of the long (right) tail [*]A large set of wings - on the back [*]A small set of wings - on the long (right) tail [*][i](Day 1 bonus)[/i] One short, pointy bone and one slightly longer and pointy - dew claws on the front legs, with the one on the left being slightly longer than the one on the right [*][i](Day 2 bonus)[/i] Possibly two legs, arms, or wings - wing-like fans on the ankles of the hind legs [*][i](Day 3 bonus)[/i] Possibly a tail or spine - tail on the left [*][i](Day 4 bonus)[/i] Possibly a flipper or bone hat - flipper on the end of the second (left) tail [*][i](Day 5 bonus)[/i] Possibly a second jaw or a kneecap - a second jaw, below the first one [*][i](Day 6 bonus)[/i] Hollow bone, possibly an outer shell - breastplate-like structure over the chest [*][i](Day 7 bonus)[/i] Possibly round and useless tusks, part of an elbow or leg, or rocks - tusks in the upper mouth (Ramsey's specimens were worn down quite a bit) [/list] And just for fun... [b]My initial reactions to each day's new bones:[/b] [list] [*][i]Day 1[/i] - *considers several options* *dew claws/spurs pop into my head* "Yep, I'm gonna go with that!" [*][i]Day 2[/i] - "Oh, hmm, this thing really doesn't need more legs [i]or[/i] arms, so another set of wing/fan-things it is!" (Ramsey broke his glasses anyway, you don't have to squint as much as he thinks to see they're more like wings than legs. *cough* Really.) [*][i]Day 3[/i] - "Well, presumably the thing already has a spine in there so that feels like cheating, so I guess it's got a second tail now! What's its purpose? We'll have to wait and see." [*][i]Day 4[/i] - "A... a flipper? For a cave-dwelling creature? How am I gonna... [i]waitaminute![/i] The second tail! That'll work! I guess now the thing hunts for crustaceans and such in underground pools. My, this creature is shaping up to be quite remarkable!" [*][i]Day 5[/i] - "Er, well, I don't think I can specifically highlight a kneecap, so I guess I'll shove a second mouth on there. This is fine." [*][i]Day 6[/i] - "It's... I... Where am I gonna fit a [i]shell?[/i]" *rolls up sleeves* "Well, it's gonna go somewhere." *mashes it on* [*][i]Day 7[/i] - "Ah, finally an easier one! Tusks would suit my creature pretty well, so I think I'll go with that." [/list]
Ta-da, finally done with the entry that kept me occupied all week! I may've gone a bit overboard and decided from the start that I'd use all the bones without even knowing what the daily ones would be, but boy did I have fun with it! :D The daily bones presented some interesting challenges as the week went on, too. (Not gonna lie, I was kinda expecting a skull to show up at some point forcing me to figure out where I could possibly fit another head, but also kinda relieved that didn't happen.)

There's also a slight chance that I might've put too much thought into what purpose each part would serve and how this creature would function. Maybe. Possibly. A little bit. *cough* Anyway...

nT50jIo.jpg

Notes about my creature:
  • Lives strictly underground in caves and tunnels, and as a result is completely blind but has incredibly acute hearing and sense of smell. Its multiple sets of wing-like fans are used to help direct sound to its large ears, attached by relatively narrow sections which allow for a remarkably wide range of motion. Its large nostrils are capable of sealing shut to block out dirt and other debris when digging tunnels or water when swimming.
  • Is migratory in nature, as much as its native cave system allows. It sometimes digs its own tunnels in search of food, which over time develop into extensive networks and occasionally connect to entirely new cave systems, expanding its available territory significantly. It uses the spikes on its head and its prominent tusks to help loosen dirt and brittle stones when digging while the front paws and their long dew claws handle the rest of the tunnel-digging.
  • Is an omnivore, eating things like insects, fungi, salamanders, bats, seafood, and anything else it can find. The lower mouth has specialized teeth for breaking through the tough exoskeletons of insects while the upper mouth handles most other food. Its stomach is also capable of digesting small stones and dirt that it occasionally ingests while eating.
  • Hunts for food in a variety of ways. The hands are used for shallow digging to reach buried insects, the left, spade-like blade doing the actual digging while the right, clawed hand grasps whatever prey is unearthed before it can escape. It uses the stinger on the end of one tail to stun bats flying in the air, causing them to fall to the ground where they can then be eaten. It also dives in search of food in underground pools, using its flippered tail to more easily maneuver.
  • The rest of its body is also well-adapted to the demands of its environment. The chest is wide enough to accommodate both a set of legs and arms, with the spindly, flexible arms staying tucked up in a protective bone shell when not in use. The different sets of legs allow it a more secure purchase on the range of surfaces found in its habitat, from relatively loose soil to rocky ledges.
  • Is not an aggressive creature, but is capable of defending itself if threatened. It uses the spikes on its head and its long dew claws against any dangers in front of it, while the hooves on the hind legs cover any threats from the rear.

Bones used: ALL OF THEM
  • 2 legs that seem to end in paws - front legs
  • 2 legs that seem to end in hooves - hind legs
  • 2 arms but not sure what hands go with them - attached to the chest between the front legs and inside the protective shell
  • A clawed hand - on the right arm
  • A thick rib cage - right where you'd expect a rib cage to be
  • A long tail - the one on the right
  • A bone ball with spikes - the spiked skull (the lack of eye sockets, generally round shape, and Ramsey's broken glasses all contributed to his not recognizing it as a skull... really, just go with it)
  • Some sort of bladed bone - the "hand" on the left arm
  • Possibly a stinger - on the end of the long (right) tail
  • A large set of wings - on the back
  • A small set of wings - on the long (right) tail
  • (Day 1 bonus) One short, pointy bone and one slightly longer and pointy - dew claws on the front legs, with the one on the left being slightly longer than the one on the right
  • (Day 2 bonus) Possibly two legs, arms, or wings - wing-like fans on the ankles of the hind legs
  • (Day 3 bonus) Possibly a tail or spine - tail on the left
  • (Day 4 bonus) Possibly a flipper or bone hat - flipper on the end of the second (left) tail
  • (Day 5 bonus) Possibly a second jaw or a kneecap - a second jaw, below the first one
  • (Day 6 bonus) Hollow bone, possibly an outer shell - breastplate-like structure over the chest
  • (Day 7 bonus) Possibly round and useless tusks, part of an elbow or leg, or rocks - tusks in the upper mouth (Ramsey's specimens were worn down quite a bit)

And just for fun...

My initial reactions to each day's new bones:
  • Day 1 - *considers several options* *dew claws/spurs pop into my head* "Yep, I'm gonna go with that!"
  • Day 2 - "Oh, hmm, this thing really doesn't need more legs or arms, so another set of wing/fan-things it is!" (Ramsey broke his glasses anyway, you don't have to squint as much as he thinks to see they're more like wings than legs. *cough* Really.)
  • Day 3 - "Well, presumably the thing already has a spine in there so that feels like cheating, so I guess it's got a second tail now! What's its purpose? We'll have to wait and see."
  • Day 4 - "A... a flipper? For a cave-dwelling creature? How am I gonna... waitaminute! The second tail! That'll work! I guess now the thing hunts for crustaceans and such in underground pools. My, this creature is shaping up to be quite remarkable!"
  • Day 5 - "Er, well, I don't think I can specifically highlight a kneecap, so I guess I'll shove a second mouth on there. This is fine."
  • Day 6 - "It's... I... Where am I gonna fit a shell?" *rolls up sleeves* "Well, it's gonna go somewhere." *mashes it on*
  • Day 7 - "Ah, finally an easier one! Tusks would suit my creature pretty well, so I think I'll go with that."
*slips in under the wire* Whew, made it! Couldn't resist this idea once it popped into my head. ^_^ Just a couple of friendly rocks hanging out on the beach. [img]https://i.imgur.com/STNJkwa.png[/img] [b]Bones used:[/b] [list] [*][i](Day 7 bonus)[/i] Round-ish things, maybe rocks - a couple of rocks that someone painted faces onto [*][i](Day 1 bonus)[/i] One short, pointy bone and one slightly longer and pointy - they each have their own horn! [*][i](Day 6 bonus)[/i] Hollow bone, possibly a shell - the rock on the right has a comfy shell [*]A long tail - the rock on the left claimed that [*]A large set of wings - the shelled rock looking lovely with them [*]A small set of wings - the tailed rock looking equally charming with its set [*]A clawed hand - the tailed rock gets that too [*]Some sort of bladed bone - held in the hand of the tailed rock [/list] Thanks for running this event, I've had so much fun with it!
*slips in under the wire* Whew, made it! Couldn't resist this idea once it popped into my head. ^_^ Just a couple of friendly rocks hanging out on the beach.

STNJkwa.png

Bones used:
  • (Day 7 bonus) Round-ish things, maybe rocks - a couple of rocks that someone painted faces onto
  • (Day 1 bonus) One short, pointy bone and one slightly longer and pointy - they each have their own horn!
  • (Day 6 bonus) Hollow bone, possibly a shell - the rock on the right has a comfy shell
  • A long tail - the rock on the left claimed that
  • A large set of wings - the shelled rock looking lovely with them
  • A small set of wings - the tailed rock looking equally charming with its set
  • A clawed hand - the tailed rock gets that too
  • Some sort of bladed bone - held in the hand of the tailed rock

Thanks for running this event, I've had so much fun with it!
1 2 3 4 5