Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lorelocke Challenge
1 2 3
[center][size=7][size=3][font=algerian][emoji=d20 size=1]The Lorelocke Challenge[emoji=d20 size=1][/font][/size][/size] [size=2][font=Lucida Handwriting][i]By Aetherstorm~[/i][/font][/size] [size=6][font=forte]Overview:[/font][/size] This specific locke challenge is very loosely based on the fantastical role-playing game of D&D, similarly dependent on a set of dice and led on by a highly immersive story, or, occasionally known as, a campaign. This form of -locke relies entirely on thel isachehedron most commonly known as a d20. It will decide the fate of the dragons living the course of your story. You are the Dungeon Master. They are the players. You create a story for them to live, and, though they may not be rolling initiative for every battle or depending on their unique statistics to get them through a wide variety of obstacles, it is very similar in fashion of having an interactive world where actions and consequences alike are decided by the roll of a die. The only difference is that you are more than the Game Master. Not only do you shape the world and decide what happens to it, as this is a locke heavily dependent on the creative arts of writing and drawing, you also decide everything that your ‘players’ do as well; it’d be a rather hard story to write on your own otherwise. Thank you for reading! The rules are as follows: [/center][quote=How to Play] The roll of the die decides your dragons’ fate. Thus, you must assign numbers different meanings. You may do this however you like, with Hardcore Mode having increased death and challenge numbers, while an easier, lighthearted story rolls more story/relationship building ones. The assignments are as follows: Worldbuilding, Character Building, Challenge (Non-lethal), Challenge (Fatal), or New Encounter. If you wish to start out simply, without the struggle of assigning your own numbers, you may used the ones as follows: d20: 1. Challenge (Fatal) 2. Character Building 3. Worldbuilding 4. Worldbuilding 5. Challenge (Non-lethal) 6. Challenge (Non-lethal) 7. Character Building 8. Worldbuilding 9. New Encounter 10. Worldbuilding 11. Challenge (Fatal) 12. Character Building 13. Challenge (Non-lethal) 14. Character Building 15. Character Building 16. Challenge (Non-lethal) 17. Worldbuilding 18. Worldbuilding 19. Challenge (Fatal) 20. New Encounter [Quote=Assignments] Challenges are, by [I]far[/I] the most integral part of a Lorelocke, and, indeed any Locke that has ever existed. Without challenges, a story would not exist, and without a story, you have no hope of maintaining a Lorelocke. To decide what will happen, we will turn to the three (3) main types of conflicts; Man vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, and Man vs. Self. We will also be relying on the d8 to decide this roll. [Quote=Challenge]In order to decide the nature of a certain conflict, one must roll a d8. Of course, if the current situation your dragons are in does not allow a certain [I]type[/I] of conflict, you may change it as you see fit. Below are the assignments to each number: d8: 1. Nature 2. Nature 3. Man 4. Self 5. Nature 6. Self 7. Man 8. Man This will decide whether a dragon is challenged by nature, an opposing force, or some version of themselves. Beyond this, you can be as creative as you like! [b]If the roll landed on [i]Fatal[/i], assign each of your dragons a number and roll for which one will die![/b] [/quote] [Quote=Worldbuilding] Worldbuilding is definitely one to consider, where you establish the realm your dragons are in. As Sornieth as quite well-developed lore, these episodes depend entirely on your creativity, and how well you can make this world unique and yet still align with Canon lore. Or not, if you prefer! It’s [i]your[/i] story, after all.[/quote] Next is Character building, which, like challenges, can vary depending on the number you roll! There’s a lot of variety in Character building, of course. [quote=Character Building] Character building is, naturally, one of the [i]most[/i] important things in a story. For episodes like these, you have to roll [i]two[/i] dice, actually! The first is a d4, with (of course), four sides. d4: 1. Positive 2. Negative 3. Positive 4. Negative This decides whether your episode of ‘character building’ focuses on improving a relationship or destroying one. After all, life can go both ways, can’t it? After this, you roll another d8! d8: 1. Platonic 2. Platonic 3. Romantic 4. Platonic 5. Romantic 6. Romantic 7. Platonic 8. Eggs! This decides whether the characters you choose to engage with during this episode (which you can choose depending on what number you roll) will progress or degrade in a matter of a platonic or romantic relationship. In terms of larger groups, you can step this one out because it’s kind of hard to form relationships with entire groups of characters at a time. Again, this is your story, so modify my rules as much as you’d like to! [/quote] Now last, but [i]certainly[/i] not least, comes the New Encounter Section! [quote=New Encounter] New Encounters are key in making sure your story continues to have new characters as fresh blood, as some are expected to die over the course of the story! There are options between familiars in dragons, as lifted in the list of d4 numbers bellow~ d4: 1. New dragon 2. New dragon 3. Familiar 4. New Dragon But if you don’t have enough dragons to give a familiar to, you may as well just do a new dragon. Or choose whichever you like! But, of course, there’s a roll for what kind of dragon you should add (in the case of familiars, you can just choose). [quote=New Dragon] In order to make this as not-confusing as possible, you will only have to roll for four (4) things: 1. The price 2. The breed 3. The element 4. The age [quote=Price] Now, for age, you roll a d4: 1. Cheapest 2. Over 15k/15g 3. Cheapest 4. You choose! This speaks for itself, right?[/quote] [quote=Breed] Sadly, there isn't a d13 that we can roll with, but the random number generator should do just fine for this! d13: [LIST=1] [*] Banescale [*] Bogsneak [*] Coatl [*] Fae [*] Gaoler [*] Guardian [*] Imperial [*] Mirror [*] Nocturne [*] Ridgeback [*] Pearlcatcher [*] Skydancer [*] Snapper [*] Spiral [*] Tundra [*] Wildclaw [/LIST] [/quote] [quote=Element] Unfortunately, there is no 11-sided die to use for this, but we can just pretend and use a random number generator, right? It goes in the order of origin, but you can change it, if you like. d11(?): 1. Earth 2. Fire 3. Wind 4. Water 5. Shadow 6. Ice 7. Lightning 8. Light 9. Nature 10. Plague 11. Arcane [/quote] [quote=Age] Another d4 that decides whether this will be a hatchling joining you or an adult dragon! d4: 1. Hatchling 2. Adult 3. Adult 4. Hatchling [/quote] And… you’re done! Enjoy your new dragon! [/quote][/quote][/quote] And that’s it for the assignments! (Thankfully. I’m sweating just writing this XP)[/quote] [center]Of course, you can alter the assignments to your numbers anytime, so long as you notify your readers of the change! Don’t worry about having to stick to a select group for the entirety of your story; it can get tiring. And if you land on the same assignment repeatedly, feel free to change it up a bit for a little more action! And that’s all there is to it! Just be sure to post your numbers at the top of every update so your readers know exactly what you rolled. I know this sounds really confusing. Thanks for bearing with me! I hope you enjoyed[emoji=d20 size=1][/center]
The Lorelocke Challenge
By Aetherstorm~

Overview:
This specific locke challenge is very loosely based on the fantastical role-playing game of D&D, similarly dependent on a set of dice and led on by a highly immersive story, or, occasionally known as, a campaign.

This form of -locke relies entirely on thel isachehedron most commonly known as a d20.

It will decide the fate of the dragons living the course of your story. You are the Dungeon Master. They are the players. You create a story for them to live, and, though they may not be rolling initiative for every battle or depending on their unique statistics to get them through a wide variety of obstacles, it is very similar in fashion of having an interactive world where actions and consequences alike are decided by the roll of a die.

The only difference is that you are more than the Game Master.
Not only do you shape the world and decide what happens to it, as this is a locke heavily dependent on the creative arts of writing and drawing, you also decide everything that your ‘players’ do as well; it’d be a rather hard story to write on your own otherwise.
Thank you for reading!

The rules are as follows:
How to Play wrote:
The roll of the die decides your dragons’ fate. Thus, you must assign numbers different meanings. You may do this however you like, with Hardcore Mode having increased death and challenge numbers, while an easier, lighthearted story rolls more story/relationship building ones.
The assignments are as follows: Worldbuilding, Character Building, Challenge (Non-lethal), Challenge (Fatal), or New Encounter. If you wish to start out simply, without the struggle of assigning your own numbers, you may used the ones as follows:
d20:
1. Challenge (Fatal)
2. Character Building
3. Worldbuilding
4. Worldbuilding
5. Challenge (Non-lethal)
6. Challenge (Non-lethal)
7. Character Building
8. Worldbuilding
9. New Encounter
10. Worldbuilding
11. Challenge (Fatal)
12. Character Building
13. Challenge (Non-lethal)
14. Character Building
15. Character Building
16. Challenge (Non-lethal)
17. Worldbuilding
18. Worldbuilding
19. Challenge (Fatal)
20. New Encounter
Assignments wrote:
Challenges are, by far the most integral part of a Lorelocke, and, indeed any Locke that has ever existed. Without challenges, a story would not exist, and without a story, you have no hope of maintaining a Lorelocke.

To decide what will happen, we will turn to the three (3) main types of conflicts; Man vs. Man, Man vs. Nature, and Man vs. Self.

We will also be relying on the d8 to decide this roll.
Challenge wrote:
In order to decide the nature of a certain conflict, one must roll a d8. Of course, if the current situation your dragons are in does not allow a certain type of conflict, you may change it as you see fit.
Below are the assignments to each number:
d8:
1. Nature
2. Nature
3. Man
4. Self
5. Nature
6. Self
7. Man
8. Man
This will decide whether a dragon is challenged by nature, an opposing force, or some version of themselves. Beyond this, you can be as creative as you like!

If the roll landed on Fatal, assign each of your dragons a number and roll for which one will die!
Worldbuilding wrote:
Worldbuilding is definitely one to consider, where you establish the realm your dragons are in. As Sornieth as quite well-developed lore, these episodes depend entirely on your creativity, and how well you can make this world unique and yet still align with Canon lore.
Or not, if you prefer! It’s your story, after all.

Next is Character building, which, like challenges, can vary depending on the number you roll! There’s a lot of variety in Character building, of course.

Character Building wrote:
Character building is, naturally, one of the most important things in a story. For episodes like these, you have to roll two dice, actually! The first is a d4, with (of course), four sides.
d4:
1. Positive
2. Negative
3. Positive
4. Negative
This decides whether your episode of ‘character building’ focuses on improving a relationship or destroying one. After all, life can go both ways, can’t it?

After this, you roll another d8!
d8:
1. Platonic
2. Platonic
3. Romantic
4. Platonic
5. Romantic
6. Romantic
7. Platonic
8. Eggs!
This decides whether the characters you choose to engage with during this episode (which you can choose depending on what number you roll) will progress or degrade in a matter of a platonic or romantic relationship. In terms of larger groups, you can step this one out because it’s kind of hard to form relationships with entire groups of characters at a time. Again, this is your story, so modify my rules as much as you’d like to!

Now last, but certainly not least, comes the New Encounter Section!
New Encounter wrote:
New Encounters are key in making sure your story continues to have new characters as fresh blood, as some are expected to die over the course of the story! There are options between familiars in dragons, as lifted in the list of d4 numbers bellow~
d4:
1. New dragon
2. New dragon
3. Familiar
4. New Dragon
But if you don’t have enough dragons to give a familiar to, you may as well just do a new dragon. Or choose whichever you like!

But, of course, there’s a roll for what kind of dragon you should add (in the case of familiars, you can just choose).
New Dragon wrote:
In order to make this as not-confusing as possible, you will only have to roll for four (4) things:
1. The price
2. The breed
3. The element
4. The age
Price wrote:
Now, for age, you roll a d4:
1. Cheapest
2. Over 15k/15g
3. Cheapest
4. You choose!
This speaks for itself, right?
Breed wrote:
Sadly, there isn't a d13 that we can roll with, but the random number generator should do just fine for this!
d13:
  1. Banescale
  2. Bogsneak
  3. Coatl
  4. Fae
  5. Gaoler
  6. Guardian
  7. Imperial
  8. Mirror
  9. Nocturne
  10. Ridgeback
  11. Pearlcatcher
  12. Skydancer
  13. Snapper
  14. Spiral
  15. Tundra
  16. Wildclaw
Element wrote:
Unfortunately, there is no 11-sided die to use for this, but we can just pretend and use a random number generator, right?
It goes in the order of origin, but you can change it, if you like.
d11(?):
1. Earth
2. Fire
3. Wind
4. Water
5. Shadow
6. Ice
7. Lightning
8. Light
9. Nature
10. Plague
11. Arcane
Age wrote:
Another d4 that decides whether this will be a hatchling joining you or an adult dragon!
d4:
1. Hatchling
2. Adult
3. Adult
4. Hatchling
And… you’re done! Enjoy your new dragon!

And that’s it for the assignments! (Thankfully. I’m sweating just writing this XP)
Of course, you can alter the assignments to your numbers anytime, so long as you notify your readers of the change! Don’t worry about having to stick to a select group for the entirety of your story; it can get tiring. And if you land on the same assignment repeatedly, feel free to change it up a bit for a little more action!

And that’s all there is to it! Just be sure to post your numbers at the top of every update so your readers know exactly what you rolled.
I know this sounds really confusing. Thanks for bearing with me!

I hope you enjoyed
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
Whenever someone creates a new Lorelock, ping me and it will be posted here!
  1. Antemortem - @Aetherstorm
  2. Playing with Fire - @MeepBoie400
  3. Rainbow Bubble - @Arilia
  4. Blinding Fate - @RisenWolf
  5. 30 Hatchlings - @littletoes101
  6. Those who Remain - @Ryasma
  7. Hidden Away - @ScarletavaJad
  8. Shaded Haven - @Cattafang
Whenever someone creates a new Lorelock, ping me and it will be posted here!
  1. Antemortem - @Aetherstorm
  2. Playing with Fire - @MeepBoie400
  3. Rainbow Bubble - @Arilia
  4. Blinding Fate - @RisenWolf
  5. 30 Hatchlings - @littletoes101
  6. Those who Remain - @Ryasma
  7. Hidden Away - @ScarletavaJad
  8. Shaded Haven - @Cattafang
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@MeepBoie400 has created a lorelocke of their own, which you can find here! I highly recommend you check it out :3
@MeepBoie400 has created a lorelocke of their own, which you can find here! I highly recommend you check it out :3
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
I am almost definitely gonna do one of these ovo
I am almost definitely gonna do one of these ovo
Bio Layouts by Me | 30 hatchlings - a lorelocke | assorted g1s sale | sales thread non g1s | moodboards, free | exalt rescue: doubles and triples only | but3_by_aqua_spirit22-dc424fa.png
@littletoes101
Awesome! I look forward to it >:3
@littletoes101
Awesome! I look forward to it >:3
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Arilia has created a lorelocke of her own, which you can find here! I highly recommend you check it out. It's a riveting read and she's made her own modification to the rules :D
@Arilia has created a lorelocke of her own, which you can find here! I highly recommend you check it out. It's a riveting read and she's made her own modification to the rules :D
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
@Aetherstorm my thread is still getting set up but here it is: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2877146/1
@Aetherstorm my thread is still getting set up but here it is: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2877146/1
Bio Layouts by Me | 30 hatchlings - a lorelocke | assorted g1s sale | sales thread non g1s | moodboards, free | exalt rescue: doubles and triples only | but3_by_aqua_spirit22-dc424fa.png
@littletoes101
Cool! I can't wait to get to reading it :DD
@littletoes101
Cool! I can't wait to get to reading it :DD
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
Ooooh this sounds really fun! I could use some dragons from my lair that don't have a story yet, it's a great anti-writer block idea!
Ooooh this sounds really fun! I could use some dragons from my lair that don't have a story yet, it's a great anti-writer block idea!
wMXAg3w.png
z3ouQq5.gif

This sounds really interesting! I might have to do this with a few dragons. Just bought quite a few new dragons and have some older ones that need lore.
To set up a thread or not....humm?
This sounds really interesting! I might have to do this with a few dragons. Just bought quite a few new dragons and have some older ones that need lore.
To set up a thread or not....humm?
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
1 2 3