Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Lorelocke - Binding Fate
1 2
@littletoes101 @Aetherstorm @AmethystStarDust
Well, here is the first post. It's longer than what I thought, but I don't think I could have made it shorter and still gotten my point across. Thoughts and criticism are welcome.

Day 1:
Numbers Rolled: 11, 3, 1 (well, starting off with Spirit have a fatal conflict with another dragon. Might have a twist on this since he's the MC and I can't kill him off right away).
The tundra sat, eyes closed and smoke rising from the smoldering fire. She had been urgently summoned by Shadowbinder. The smoke danced around her, forming shapes and forms in the air. Her mouth moved slowly, a low and rapid chant, barely audible. The smoke danced faster, forming a story, a prophecy. She opened her eyes and watch the wisps.

A coatl, with great ability.
A thriving clan.
Tragedy.
Red eyes. Darkness.
A dying flower.

The oracle's eye widened. This is not good. I must warn Akali and Sunweaver.

He didn't know what was happening, all he knew is that he didn't want to go with the mirror. He looked at the two coatls beside him. They were both just as confused. He didn't understand, couldn't understand, why his parents were leaving him. He was excited to go on an adventure, but wanted to stay home.

"Mom!" he called out, running to his mother's embrace. "I don't want to go! I wanna stay here, with you."

The young coatl cuddled closer to his mother, causing a tear to run down her cheek. Her precious child. She licked his head, trying to comfort him. I have to do this. It's better for the clan. He had so much life in him, so much that he wouldn't get to do. He was bright. She often thought of what he would become when he was older, how proud she would be. She bowed her head and buried her head in his coat. She inhaled, breathing in his scent for the last time.

"It's time to go," the mirror said. Her voice was somber. She felt for the parents of the hatchlings, but she had to, she was chosen this time.

"Run along, my precious child," the coatl's mother said. She nudged him towards the mirror and two other coatls. "Remember, I always will love you. I'll see you again."

The hatchling padded towards the others, casting one last glance at his mother. A single tear ran down his check, falling to the soft wood's floor.

The group walked through the woods, towards the outskirts of territory. The sun was setting, casting eerie shadows across the land.

"Where do you think we are going?" the young coatl asked one of his companions.

The young female turned to him, a wide grin plastered on her face. "My mother told my brother and I that we were going on an adventure!" She slowed her pace to match that of the orange coatl, letting her brother take the lead. "You don't look excited?"

"I just," the hatchling started. It was hard for him to form words right now. "I don't know. I just don't want to be here."

The young female's smile faded a bit. "You don't think it will be fun?" she questioned.

"No," he quickly said, not wanting to hurt her feelings. "I'm just not used to being away from my parents for a long time."

"Cheer up! I've been out for a day or two with relatives. It's not as bad as you think. If you want, I'll help you if you get scared."

The orange hatchling smiled at his new friend. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

"We're here," the mirror broke the silence. They stood in front of a stone pillar. Glowshrooms dotted the ground below, as well as small carved stones. An old stone staircase spiraled up to the top of the pillar, leveling out onto a small platform. While the stone looked ancient with the vines and cracks, they were sturdy. The mirror started saying something, but the hatchlings didn't listen. Their eyes were fixed on the top of the pillar.

A glowing, white orb appeared. It started out small, but quickly grew bigger. It seemed to swallow the platform. The hatchlings stepped back, half hiding behind the mirror. The light dimmed and a dark shape formed. Stepping onto the smooth stone, the Shadowbinder walked out.

"This is where we part, young ones," the mirror said. "Shadowbinder will take you somewhere else, and I can guarantee you will enjoy it."

The brother and sister shyly walked up to the first step. They still had a huge smile, but moved a little more cautiously towards the stranger. Her eyes beckoned them, calming some of their fears.

The female turned back, "Are you coming?"

The other male coatl hesitated. He still had reserves about leaving his family. He took slow steps. He didn't want to do this. Heart racing, he places a paw on the first step. He looks up at Shadowbinder, letting the white halo behind her fill his vision.
@littletoes101 @Aetherstorm @AmethystStarDust
Well, here is the first post. It's longer than what I thought, but I don't think I could have made it shorter and still gotten my point across. Thoughts and criticism are welcome.

Day 1:
Numbers Rolled: 11, 3, 1 (well, starting off with Spirit have a fatal conflict with another dragon. Might have a twist on this since he's the MC and I can't kill him off right away).
The tundra sat, eyes closed and smoke rising from the smoldering fire. She had been urgently summoned by Shadowbinder. The smoke danced around her, forming shapes and forms in the air. Her mouth moved slowly, a low and rapid chant, barely audible. The smoke danced faster, forming a story, a prophecy. She opened her eyes and watch the wisps.

A coatl, with great ability.
A thriving clan.
Tragedy.
Red eyes. Darkness.
A dying flower.

The oracle's eye widened. This is not good. I must warn Akali and Sunweaver.

He didn't know what was happening, all he knew is that he didn't want to go with the mirror. He looked at the two coatls beside him. They were both just as confused. He didn't understand, couldn't understand, why his parents were leaving him. He was excited to go on an adventure, but wanted to stay home.

"Mom!" he called out, running to his mother's embrace. "I don't want to go! I wanna stay here, with you."

The young coatl cuddled closer to his mother, causing a tear to run down her cheek. Her precious child. She licked his head, trying to comfort him. I have to do this. It's better for the clan. He had so much life in him, so much that he wouldn't get to do. He was bright. She often thought of what he would become when he was older, how proud she would be. She bowed her head and buried her head in his coat. She inhaled, breathing in his scent for the last time.

"It's time to go," the mirror said. Her voice was somber. She felt for the parents of the hatchlings, but she had to, she was chosen this time.

"Run along, my precious child," the coatl's mother said. She nudged him towards the mirror and two other coatls. "Remember, I always will love you. I'll see you again."

The hatchling padded towards the others, casting one last glance at his mother. A single tear ran down his check, falling to the soft wood's floor.

The group walked through the woods, towards the outskirts of territory. The sun was setting, casting eerie shadows across the land.

"Where do you think we are going?" the young coatl asked one of his companions.

The young female turned to him, a wide grin plastered on her face. "My mother told my brother and I that we were going on an adventure!" She slowed her pace to match that of the orange coatl, letting her brother take the lead. "You don't look excited?"

"I just," the hatchling started. It was hard for him to form words right now. "I don't know. I just don't want to be here."

The young female's smile faded a bit. "You don't think it will be fun?" she questioned.

"No," he quickly said, not wanting to hurt her feelings. "I'm just not used to being away from my parents for a long time."

"Cheer up! I've been out for a day or two with relatives. It's not as bad as you think. If you want, I'll help you if you get scared."

The orange hatchling smiled at his new friend. Maybe this wouldn't be too bad.

"We're here," the mirror broke the silence. They stood in front of a stone pillar. Glowshrooms dotted the ground below, as well as small carved stones. An old stone staircase spiraled up to the top of the pillar, leveling out onto a small platform. While the stone looked ancient with the vines and cracks, they were sturdy. The mirror started saying something, but the hatchlings didn't listen. Their eyes were fixed on the top of the pillar.

A glowing, white orb appeared. It started out small, but quickly grew bigger. It seemed to swallow the platform. The hatchlings stepped back, half hiding behind the mirror. The light dimmed and a dark shape formed. Stepping onto the smooth stone, the Shadowbinder walked out.

"This is where we part, young ones," the mirror said. "Shadowbinder will take you somewhere else, and I can guarantee you will enjoy it."

The brother and sister shyly walked up to the first step. They still had a huge smile, but moved a little more cautiously towards the stranger. Her eyes beckoned them, calming some of their fears.

The female turned back, "Are you coming?"

The other male coatl hesitated. He still had reserves about leaving his family. He took slow steps. He didn't want to do this. Heart racing, he places a paw on the first step. He looks up at Shadowbinder, letting the white halo behind her fill his vision.
b2d539f53b798f31f5d6939b881cb7385ceea443.png
First part is up!
First part is up!
@RisenWolf

Very nice writing (I'm just saying that because I find my writing boring), I enjoyed it quite a lot. 21/7
@RisenWolf

Very nice writing (I'm just saying that because I find my writing boring), I enjoyed it quite a lot. 21/7
I am existent
@AmethystStarDust I think everyone finds their own writing boring, at least I do. I'm always re-reading going "I could have made that so much better".
Thank-you for the compliment!
@AmethystStarDust I think everyone finds their own writing boring, at least I do. I'm always re-reading going "I could have made that so much better".
Thank-you for the compliment!
@RisenWolf

Woah, your style of writing is absolutely riveting!! I love this so much. Poor hatchlings. I can't wait to see what happens next :DD
@RisenWolf

Woah, your style of writing is absolutely riveting!! I love this so much. Poor hatchlings. I can't wait to see what happens next :DD
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
@Aetherstorm Really? Thanks! I've never heard my writing called riveting. [emoji=coatl happy size=1] I'm curious as to what happens next as well. xD The dice shall be cast later this week.
@Aetherstorm
Really? Thanks! I've never heard my writing called riveting.
I'm curious as to what happens next as well. xD The dice shall be cast later this week.
PINGLIST
This is a little late (or about a week late), but better late than never? I don't know if I'm always going to put a little blurb from Swallow at the beginning, but I'm kind of liking it.
Here's to hoping you enjoy older Spirit and his companion, Olive!

Where in Soreinth are they? The Viridian Labyrinth

Day 2:
Numbers Rolled: 16, 5

She watched from the shadows, her fire orbs taking in everything. She should be telling her leaders about this, but something held her back. She knew the prophecy, she was the one the foretold of it. She knew nothing Akali and Sunweaver did would stop it from coming true.

No guilt. She would have no guilt not telling them.

A young coatl walked out from under the verdant brush. His orange coat hidden partly by a green cape.
PINGLIST
This is a little late (or about a week late), but better late than never? I don't know if I'm always going to put a little blurb from Swallow at the beginning, but I'm kind of liking it.
Here's to hoping you enjoy older Spirit and his companion, Olive!

Where in Soreinth are they? The Viridian Labyrinth

Day 2:
Numbers Rolled: 16, 5

She watched from the shadows, her fire orbs taking in everything. She should be telling her leaders about this, but something held her back. She knew the prophecy, she was the one the foretold of it. She knew nothing Akali and Sunweaver did would stop it from coming true.

No guilt. She would have no guilt not telling them.

A young coatl walked out from under the verdant brush. His orange coat hidden partly by a green cape.
1 2