Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hidden Away - A Lorelocke Challenge
1 2
[center][size=5]Hidden Away[/size][/center] [center][emoji=candle size=1][size=3]A Lorelocke Challenge created by [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2860071]Aetherstorm[/url][/size][emoji=old parchment size=1] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2860071]Rules[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/wiki/world-map/region/10]Setting[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/463189/1735073]Participants[/url] --------------------------------[/center] [size=4]Lore[/size] Hidden away from the other clans of the The Viridian Labyrinth, these dragons have lived their lives isolated with only themselves to survive. [size=4]Current Plot[/size] The clans only healer has been murdered, tensions are high. Nobody knows who or what has done this...Or if it's someone within their clan.
Hidden Away
A Lorelocke Challenge created by Aetherstorm
Rules | Setting | Participants
Lore
Hidden away from the other clans of the The Viridian Labyrinth, these dragons have lived their lives isolated with only themselves to survive.
Current Plot
The clans only healer has been murdered, tensions are high. Nobody knows who or what has done this...Or if it's someone within their clan.
Lion-Transparent-PNG-Clip-Art-Image-3.png source.gif
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
Hidden Away - Table Of Contents
Day one | Day two | Day three | Day three (extra) | Day four | Day five | Day six | Day seven | Day eight | Day nine | x
Hidden Away - Table Of Contents
Day one | Day two | Day three | Day three (extra) | Day four | Day five | Day six | Day seven | Day eight | Day nine | x
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
Hidden Away - Reserved
Hidden Away - Reserved
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day One[/size][/center] [center][size=3]I got platonic character building but I also wanted to establish the world a bit for the introduction so you'll get a bit of both![/size][/center] [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62707631][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/627077/62707631_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] Beethoven ducked through the undergrowth sheltering his clans camp, emerging into a seemingly different world. Bright plants ranging from flowers to herbs were growing around the trees and "huts", otherwise known as their houses. He looked up to see his friend, [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62829027]Flux[/url], lying lazily in a hammock wrapped around two sturdy branches. He seemed to be the only one in camp...The others were probably out teaching the two hatchlings--Arua and Maui-- hunting or possibly fighting techniques. The hatchlings were shaping up to be great members of their clan. Although Beethoven was upset that they had taken in two abandoned hatchlings, it was true that they needed new members. He hated to admit it, but he kind of liked them. "Hey, captain!" Flux called from his hammock, stretching his wings out. Beethoven scoffed, calling out to Flux. "Hello, I'd suppose you've already been out for your daily-hunting today?" Beethoven crouched down, jumping into the air. As soon as he felt his paws leave the ground he unraveled his wings, beating them rapidly. "Er...Well, about that." Flux said, his grin fading. "I haven't really...Done that yet, haha..." "What do you mean?" Beethoven asked, now mid-air next to Flux's hammock. "For the Gladekeeper's sake, Flux, you probably only have a few more hours until it's sundown!" "I-Yeah, I was...Wondering if I could skip it today?" Flux asked, chuckling a bit. His tone seemed to be a bit...Odd. Was that...Nervousness in his voice? "Why?" Beethoven prodded, glaring down at the slightly smaller Pearlcatcher. "Well, my hunting partner is Ashia, and well..." Flux trailed off, flicking his gaze to Beethoven. "You know?" Beethoven indeed did know. Ashia and Flux were "dating" for a long time, but suddenly they had...Stopped talking to each other all together. The entire clan had noticed, but they had just decided to keep quite. After all, it was none of their business...Until it bled into their daily duties, then it became Beethoven's problem. "That is no excuse, whatever it is, to quit hunting. I will put you with..." Beethoven thought for a moment, then continued, "...Aura, I think it's about time we consider him an adult." "You're putting me with the hatchling, sir?" Flux asked, tilting his head. "Aura will be given a rank-up tomorrow morning during our clan-meeting, then I'll also change your hunting party, alright?" Beethoven reasoned, his wings getting tired. Dragons from his clan didn't usually spend long periods of time in the air...As there wasn't really any space outside of their camp to do so. "Yes, captain! Thank you so, so much!" Flux said, attempting to get up out of his hammock. He just fell back over again, though. "You'd better get to hunting or you won't be eating tonight." Beethoven added, gliding back down to the ground. As soon as he felt the lush growth meet his talons he folded his wings. "Wait--Who am I going with?" Flux called from his hammock, still struggling to get out. "It's dangerous, you know! To go alone! Especially when it's getting late!" Flux called, an edge in his tone. Beethoven sighed, looking over his shoulder to meet Flux's distant eyes. "I will be going with you, fool." He answered coldly, beckoning with his head for Flux to get down from his hammock. "Alright, alright..." Flux struggled out of his hammock, finally breaking free and gliding down next to Beethoven. He skidded a bit, but other than that it was a good landing. Flux had to teach all of the members how to fly, as none of them were taught how to. Most of the dragons in their clan had been abandoned as hatchlings. Well, except for Beethoven and Yaari. Yaari and Beethoven were raised together, although they weren't related. Beethoven frowned at the thought of his parents death. Though it was irrelevant, he usually found a way to think about it. Yaari had been much more upset about it than Beethoven, maybe that's because she had been closer to their parents. She had learned the ways of their healing, Beethoven hadn't. "Let's go, [i]your highness[/i]." Flux said jokingly, nudging Beethoven. "Do not call me that. Remember your place in this clan." He snarled, lowering himself to the ground so he could slither out of the exit. Because they had a few members of their clan on the...Larger side...There were two entrances/exits. One is ducking under undergrowth to squeeze through a small entryway and the second was flying over the camp and into it. "Sorry." Flux apologized, falling silent. ---------- Okay so I did it?! Wooo! Day one! If you'd like to be pinged for these let me know!
Hidden Away - Day One
I got platonic character building but I also wanted to establish the world a bit for the introduction so you'll get a bit of both!
62707631_350.png
Beethoven ducked through the undergrowth sheltering his clans camp, emerging into a seemingly different world. Bright plants ranging from flowers to herbs were growing around the trees and "huts", otherwise known as their houses.
He looked up to see his friend, Flux, lying lazily in a hammock wrapped around two sturdy branches. He seemed to be the only one in camp...The others were probably out teaching the two hatchlings--Arua and Maui-- hunting or possibly fighting techniques. The hatchlings were shaping up to be great members of their clan. Although Beethoven was upset that they had taken in two abandoned hatchlings, it was true that they needed new members. He hated to admit it, but he kind of liked them.
"Hey, captain!" Flux called from his hammock, stretching his wings out. Beethoven scoffed, calling out to Flux.
"Hello, I'd suppose you've already been out for your daily-hunting today?" Beethoven crouched down, jumping into the air. As soon as he felt his paws leave the ground he unraveled his wings, beating them rapidly.
"Er...Well, about that." Flux said, his grin fading. "I haven't really...Done that yet, haha..."
"What do you mean?" Beethoven asked, now mid-air next to Flux's hammock. "For the Gladekeeper's sake, Flux, you probably only have a few more hours until it's sundown!"
"I-Yeah, I was...Wondering if I could skip it today?" Flux asked, chuckling a bit. His tone seemed to be a bit...Odd. Was that...Nervousness in his voice?
"Why?" Beethoven prodded, glaring down at the slightly smaller Pearlcatcher.
"Well, my hunting partner is Ashia, and well..." Flux trailed off, flicking his gaze to Beethoven. "You know?"
Beethoven indeed did know. Ashia and Flux were "dating" for a long time, but suddenly they had...Stopped talking to each other all together. The entire clan had noticed, but they had just decided to keep quite. After all, it was none of their business...Until it bled into their daily duties, then it became Beethoven's problem.
"That is no excuse, whatever it is, to quit hunting. I will put you with..." Beethoven thought for a moment, then continued, "...Aura, I think it's about time we consider him an adult."
"You're putting me with the hatchling, sir?" Flux asked, tilting his head.
"Aura will be given a rank-up tomorrow morning during our clan-meeting, then I'll also change your hunting party, alright?" Beethoven reasoned, his wings getting tired. Dragons from his clan didn't usually spend long periods of time in the air...As there wasn't really any space outside of their camp to do so.
"Yes, captain! Thank you so, so much!" Flux said, attempting to get up out of his hammock. He just fell back over again, though.
"You'd better get to hunting or you won't be eating tonight." Beethoven added, gliding back down to the ground. As soon as he felt the lush growth meet his talons he folded his wings.
"Wait--Who am I going with?" Flux called from his hammock, still struggling to get out. "It's dangerous, you know! To go alone! Especially when it's getting late!" Flux called, an edge in his tone.
Beethoven sighed, looking over his shoulder to meet Flux's distant eyes. "I will be going with you, fool." He answered coldly, beckoning with his head for Flux to get down from his hammock.
"Alright, alright..." Flux struggled out of his hammock, finally breaking free and gliding down next to Beethoven. He skidded a bit, but other than that it was a good landing.
Flux had to teach all of the members how to fly, as none of them were taught how to. Most of the dragons in their clan had been abandoned as hatchlings. Well, except for Beethoven and Yaari. Yaari and Beethoven were raised together, although they weren't related.
Beethoven frowned at the thought of his parents death. Though it was irrelevant, he usually found a way to think about it. Yaari had been much more upset about it than Beethoven, maybe that's because she had been closer to their parents. She had learned the ways of their healing, Beethoven hadn't.
"Let's go, your highness." Flux said jokingly, nudging Beethoven.
"Do not call me that. Remember your place in this clan." He snarled, lowering himself to the ground so he could slither out of the exit.
Because they had a few members of their clan on the...Larger side...There were two entrances/exits. One is ducking under undergrowth to squeeze through a small entryway and the second was flying over the camp and into it.
"Sorry." Flux apologized, falling silent.
Okay so I did it?! Wooo! Day one! If you'd like to be pinged for these let me know!
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day Two[/size][/center] [center][size=3]11, 3...Oh heck. (3 for chosen dragon as well)[/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62840930][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628410/62840930_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Yaari strode through the forest with Ashia, the green Coatl. She was known for her rather annoying relationship with Flux, an even more annoying Pearlcatcher from her clan. They had gone on the early-morning "patrol" to gather some herbs. Yaari had just grabbed whoever was awake, which happened to be Ashia. They had been out of camp for about two hours and now her herb-bucket was full. They needed to get back to camp, especially because there was a scheduled meeting today. "Did you get anything special for Flux?" Yaari asked, breaking the rather awkward silence. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62567490][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/625675/62567490_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Him and I don't really...Talk anymore." Ashia shrugged, looking away from Yaari. "Oh, I'm sorry, dear." Yaari said, continuing to make her way back to camp with the now-saddened Ashia. To be honest, Yaari had known something was up with the two of them...After all, they weren't boasting about their relationship that much anymore. Come to think of it...Yaari hadn't seen them even talk to each other in about a week. That says a lot, as they're hunting partners. In fact...Yaari hadn't even seen them depart to hunt with each other in quite some time. "He and I just drifted away, I guess." Ashia sighed, lowering her head wistfully. "Yeah, I can tell," Yaari said, immediately realizing that was a bit inappropriate for the moment. "You haven't been talking much." She added quickly. "Oh, yeah I guess we haven't..." Ashia sighed, perking up a bit when she saw the entrance to their camp. They both crouched down, barely squeezing through the entrance. "Looks like we're right on time!" Yaari said as she got up from the ground to see her clan-mates gathered around Beethoven's hut, waiting for him to emerge. Yaari made her way to go sit and wait as well, but Ashia seemed a bit hesitant. "You good?" Yaari asked as she stopped to look over her shoulder at Ashia. "Well...Yes, but I don't want to sit next to Flamethrower or...Flux." She said, assessing her clan-members. On one end was Flux, and on the other was Flamethrower. Nobody wanted to sit next to Flamethrower because...He was very, very tall and...Very...Odd. "I'll sit next to Flamethrower, you can sit on the open side." Yaari offered, and Ashia thanked her profusely before they got situated. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62809110][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628092/62809110_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Flamethrower looked over at Yaari as she sat down. Yaari made eye-contact with his cold, chilling gaze. She heavily disapproved of wearing dead-animals on your face, but hey, it was his decision. "Hello, Yaari." He said simply, turning away. His voice was very deep, but rather smooth. It was very unsettling, but she knew it was fine. He was just a bit odd, nothing else. "Good morning, everyone." Yaari shifted her gaze to Beethoven, which had emerged from his hut. "Let's get straight to the point, shall we? Hunts have been...A bit unproductive as of late." Beethoven's glared over at Flux, which winced. "...And I feel re-organizing the patrol partners will fix this. So, Ashia, you'll be with Flamethrower," He paused, shifting his gaze slowly to Aura. "And you, Aura, will be receiving a rank up. You'll be partnered with Flux. Yaari won't need to be going hunting anymore and focus on her own work." Beethoven sat, about to conclude his speech. "Lastly, Yaari, have you made up your mind on your trainee?" Beethoven's words seemed to echo throughout the whole camp. Every-dragon had fallen silent. They knew this was a fairly important choice, and Gladeskeeper, it was. "I...Think I have." Yaari said, getting to her paws. Every dragon had wanted to be chosen and personally came to talk to her...Well everyone but Flux and Beethoven. Flux was just lazy and for Beethoven...Well, she wasn't sure why. I mean, he was the leader and all, but nothing prohibited him from learning. "I've chosen Maui, I feel that she has what it takes." She said, feeling the heat as a few members shifted angrily. Maui was the youngest of their clan, sure, but something told Yaari that Maui was the one. She watched as Flamethrower slowly stood and started to walk off, lashing his tail a few times. Was he...Frustrated he hadn't been chosen? Yaari wasn't sure. "Thank you for [i]finally[/i] making up your mind." Beethoven said, smirking a bit. The only time he ever joked was with Yaari. After all, they were siblings. Well...Not birth siblings, but they were raised together. Yaari got up to go to her den and put away all the herbs she had gathered with Ashia. She took in all the wonderful smells of her herbs and smiled. She loved her job, she got to help people. Once she had organized all her herbs she realized she had forgotten to gather some poppy's! She needed them for their seeds, they calmed a dragon down. She would often have to give them to Aura because he's easily aggravated. She heaved herself up, making her way out of camp and into the forest. She sniffed around, trying to see if she could find them. It was always hard to find specific herbs and plants in such a lush forest, which is why she would usually just bring a list with her and gather them as she saw them like she had earlier. Yaari heard a rustling of leaves and small crunches behind her. She lowered herself to the ground, wondering what animal was there. Perhaps she could catch it as prey for her clan. She looked around, trying to see where the prey was coming from. She heard more snaps and rustles as they got closer...They seemed to be from a larger creature than some Glowing Pocket Mouse or Basilisk... Yaari heard something emerge from the foliage behind her. Before she could whip around to face them she felt a figure jump onto her back, locking their jaws around her throat. She screeched, but it was cut off by her sputtering and coughing, trying to breathe. She stumbled to the ground, frantically looking around for the attacker...But they were nowhere to be seen. She slowly let her eyes close, knowing this was it. Her knowledge would never be passed on... Beethoven? Oh no...No, no, no...How would he cope? Yaari fought for oxygen for a bit longer, she tried to keep her eyes open, but she felt herself weakening. This was it. Darkness dances around her vision until finally it swallowed her. She felt herself lose all consciousness, embracing whatever was to come next. ------------ Goodness... I really liked Yaari D:
Hidden Away - Day Two
11, 3...Oh heck. (3 for chosen dragon as well)
62840930_350.png
Yaari strode through the forest with Ashia, the green Coatl. She was known for her rather annoying relationship with Flux, an even more annoying Pearlcatcher from her clan.
They had gone on the early-morning "patrol" to gather some herbs. Yaari had just grabbed whoever was awake, which happened to be Ashia. They had been out of camp for about two hours and now her herb-bucket was full. They needed to get back to camp, especially because there was a scheduled meeting today.
"Did you get anything special for Flux?" Yaari asked, breaking the rather awkward silence.
62567490_350.png
"Him and I don't really...Talk anymore." Ashia shrugged, looking away from Yaari.
"Oh, I'm sorry, dear." Yaari said, continuing to make her way back to camp with the now-saddened Ashia. To be honest, Yaari had known something was up with the two of them...After all, they weren't boasting about their relationship that much anymore.
Come to think of it...Yaari hadn't seen them even talk to each other in about a week. That says a lot, as they're hunting partners. In fact...Yaari hadn't even seen them depart to hunt with each other in quite some time.
"He and I just drifted away, I guess." Ashia sighed, lowering her head wistfully.
"Yeah, I can tell," Yaari said, immediately realizing that was a bit inappropriate for the moment. "You haven't been talking much." She added quickly.
"Oh, yeah I guess we haven't..." Ashia sighed, perking up a bit when she saw the entrance to their camp. They both crouched down, barely squeezing through the entrance.
"Looks like we're right on time!" Yaari said as she got up from the ground to see her clan-mates gathered around Beethoven's hut, waiting for him to emerge.
Yaari made her way to go sit and wait as well, but Ashia seemed a bit hesitant.
"You good?" Yaari asked as she stopped to look over her shoulder at Ashia.
"Well...Yes, but I don't want to sit next to Flamethrower or...Flux." She said, assessing her clan-members. On one end was Flux, and on the other was Flamethrower. Nobody wanted to sit next to Flamethrower because...He was very, very tall and...Very...Odd.
"I'll sit next to Flamethrower, you can sit on the open side." Yaari offered, and Ashia thanked her profusely before they got situated.
62809110_350.png
Flamethrower looked over at Yaari as she sat down. Yaari made eye-contact with his cold, chilling gaze. She heavily disapproved of wearing dead-animals on your face, but hey, it was his decision.
"Hello, Yaari." He said simply, turning away. His voice was very deep, but rather smooth. It was very unsettling, but she knew it was fine. He was just a bit odd, nothing else.
"Good morning, everyone." Yaari shifted her gaze to Beethoven, which had emerged from his hut. "Let's get straight to the point, shall we? Hunts have been...A bit unproductive as of late." Beethoven's glared over at Flux, which winced.
"...And I feel re-organizing the patrol partners will fix this. So, Ashia, you'll be with Flamethrower," He paused, shifting his gaze slowly to Aura. "And you, Aura, will be receiving a rank up. You'll be partnered with Flux. Yaari won't need to be going hunting anymore and focus on her own work." Beethoven sat, about to conclude his speech.
"Lastly, Yaari, have you made up your mind on your trainee?" Beethoven's words seemed to echo throughout the whole camp. Every-dragon had fallen silent. They knew this was a fairly important choice, and Gladeskeeper, it was.
"I...Think I have." Yaari said, getting to her paws. Every dragon had wanted to be chosen and personally came to talk to her...Well everyone but Flux and Beethoven. Flux was just lazy and for Beethoven...Well, she wasn't sure why. I mean, he was the leader and all, but nothing prohibited him from learning.
"I've chosen Maui, I feel that she has what it takes." She said, feeling the heat as a few members shifted angrily. Maui was the youngest of their clan, sure, but something told Yaari that Maui was the one.
She watched as Flamethrower slowly stood and started to walk off, lashing his tail a few times. Was he...Frustrated he hadn't been chosen? Yaari wasn't sure.
"Thank you for finally making up your mind." Beethoven said, smirking a bit. The only time he ever joked was with Yaari. After all, they were siblings. Well...Not birth siblings, but they were raised together.
Yaari got up to go to her den and put away all the herbs she had gathered with Ashia. She took in all the wonderful smells of her herbs and smiled. She loved her job, she got to help people. Once she had organized all her herbs she realized she had forgotten to gather some poppy's! She needed them for their seeds, they calmed a dragon down. She would often have to give them to Aura because he's easily aggravated.
She heaved herself up, making her way out of camp and into the forest. She sniffed around, trying to see if she could find them. It was always hard to find specific herbs and plants in such a lush forest, which is why she would usually just bring a list with her and gather them as she saw them like she had earlier.
Yaari heard a rustling of leaves and small crunches behind her. She lowered herself to the ground, wondering what animal was there. Perhaps she could catch it as prey for her clan.
She looked around, trying to see where the prey was coming from. She heard more snaps and rustles as they got closer...They seemed to be from a larger creature than some Glowing Pocket Mouse or Basilisk...
Yaari heard something emerge from the foliage behind her. Before she could whip around to face them she felt a figure jump onto her back, locking their jaws around her throat. She screeched, but it was cut off by her sputtering and coughing, trying to breathe. She stumbled to the ground, frantically looking around for the attacker...But they were nowhere to be seen.
She slowly let her eyes close, knowing this was it. Her knowledge would never be passed on...
Beethoven? Oh no...No, no, no...How would he cope?
Yaari fought for oxygen for a bit longer, she tried to keep her eyes open, but she felt herself weakening. This was it.
Darkness dances around her vision until finally it swallowed her. She felt herself lose all consciousness, embracing whatever was to come next.
Goodness... I really liked Yaari D:

source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day Three[/size][/center] [center][size=3]18[/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62891549][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628916/62891549_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Maui arose from her slumber to the sound of a scream of shock and terror. She jolted up, looking around her hut to see it was empty. She had shared a hut with Aura her entire life. He was kind to her, but he was obsessed with becoming the clans new shaman...So he was very upset with her yesterday. Maui tried to explain that she hadn't meant to take this opportunity from him, honestly she hadn't. She had ended up chatting with Yaari, and the question was brought up. Maui didn't think she had asked to become a shaman trainee, she had just said she wouldn't have minded. But right now wasn't the right time to be thinking about this. Maui ducked out of her hut, following the sounds of weeping. It was dark out and she couldn't see anything. She had to rely on the whispers and crying from her clan-mates. She tilted her head in confusion once she made-out her clan gathered around something she couldn't quite see in the darkness. Why were they all sitting around this thing and why were they upset? She took a step closer, dread filling her chest. She felt like she couldn't breathe, yet her breath hadn't become shallow. She wasn't gasping for air...No, she was gasping for a welcoming awareness. A feeling that everything was okay...Yet the more she slowly stepped forward, the more fear that consumed her. Something wasn't right. Maui knew it. "Maui, you're quite young, I don't think you want to see this." Flux stepped in front her her, a serious gaze fixed on his face. This was the first time she had seen Flux genuine demeanor. He wasn't like Beethoven, for example. Beethoven was a serious guy, that's who he needed to be. He was a leader after all, a good one at that. But Flux was a funny and humor-filled person...With some occasional sarcasm. He always made her laugh, even when he wasn't trying to. However, she did not feel like laughing right now. "What...Is it?" Maui asked, lowering her head in fear. "Well, Maui..." Flux started, but he just gloomily looked back at his clan-mates. "Would you mind getting us a lantern or two?" "Why?" Maui challenged, taking a step towards Flux angrily. Why wouldn't he just tell her what was going on? Flux flared his wings, raising his voice. "Get a lantern [b]now[/b], Maui." Maui felt a pang of remorse and resentment towards the Pearlcatcher. She knew this was a serious situation, whatever it was, but she wanted to know what was happening and he [i]just wouldn't tell her[/i]. She also knew, however, that she needed to hurry and get these lanterns. Not only had an older, more experienced member demanded it but this seemed to be urgent. "Okay, sorry Flux..." She said quietly, turning around to retreat to her hut. While she trotted back to her hut with purpose, she heard Beethoven exit his hut, annoyance in his voice. "Why are you all causing such a-a..." Beethoven started to yell, but then all the anger from his voice seemed to fade. He seemed to choke up at the end, but he trailed off and fell silent. Maui pushed herself to get to her hut and find the lanterns so she could figure out what had happened. Why were her clan mates so upset? She searched her hut furiously, trying to find any lanterns. It was a rather messy hut, but she blamed Aura for that. She would be moving out soon to go in the shaman's hut, though. She smiled at the thought of that. She was really becoming a shaman, huh? She growled, starting to become frustrated. Where was that lantern? "Oh, I know where!" She exclaimed, spinning around to burst out of her hut and run to the shaman's hut. It had lanterns in there, a ton of them at that. Also Yaari would be there--as she hadn't seen or heard Yaari with the others--maybe she knew what was going on. Maui felt her talons uproot grass and weeds as she rushed to the shaman den, anxiety ripping at her. Her heart was pounding, knowing she was moments away from the answer. Once she made her way into the shaman den, Yaari was nowhere to be seen. Maybe...She was with everyone else? Whatever, all she had to do was get the lantern and give it to Flux, then she would [i]finally[/i] see what was causing everyone to... Maui's heart dropped. This wasn't some detective hatchling-game, she felt ashamed of herself for acting like this was some kind of discovery. Obviously it was very serious. She had to help her clan-mates. She grabbed a lantern in her jaws, her mind was set now. Maui whipped around, racing towards her clan-members. She heard their whispers and soft wailing grow louder as she neared them, a lantern in her jaws. "Thank you, Maui." Flux said as she neared him. She couldn't think, she could barely even hear. Her heart was pounding so fast and so loudly it consumed her thoughts. She could only rely on instincts in this very moment. She pushed past Flux, eyes dropping to see what everyone was gathered around. Overwhelming dread crashed over Maui. She felt like she might collapse then and there, so she slowly sat down, taking in what she had seen. She felt Ashia collapse to her knees, shaking uncontrollably. She had been the one who was wailing and screaming. She was crying out something, but Maui couldn't hear her. All she could hear was her heart pounding furiously, as if it were trying to break free from the cage that was her chest. All she could focus on was the lifeless-body of Yaari lying in the center of everyone, neck mangled. She noticed Beethoven across from her, slowly resting his head on Yaari's. There was an eerie silence in their clan, asides from the sobbing from Ashia and the sniffles from Flux. Maui hadn't even noticed that there were tears running down her face. -------- Okay so I hope I wrote this well, I dunno. <3 Rest in peace Yaari. Also tell me who/what you think killed her, haha. I wanna know what I've [i]lead you to believe[/i].
Hidden Away - Day Three
62891549_350.png
Maui arose from her slumber to the sound of a scream of shock and terror. She jolted up, looking around her hut to see it was empty. She had shared a hut with Aura her entire life. He was kind to her, but he was obsessed with becoming the clans new shaman...So he was very upset with her yesterday.
Maui tried to explain that she hadn't meant to take this opportunity from him, honestly she hadn't. She had ended up chatting with Yaari, and the question was brought up. Maui didn't think she had asked to become a shaman trainee, she had just said she wouldn't have minded.
But right now wasn't the right time to be thinking about this. Maui ducked out of her hut, following the sounds of weeping. It was dark out and she couldn't see anything. She had to rely on the whispers and crying from her clan-mates.
She tilted her head in confusion once she made-out her clan gathered around something she couldn't quite see in the darkness. Why were they all sitting around this thing and why were they upset?
She took a step closer, dread filling her chest. She felt like she couldn't breathe, yet her breath hadn't become shallow. She wasn't gasping for air...No, she was gasping for a welcoming awareness. A feeling that everything was okay...Yet the more she slowly stepped forward, the more fear that consumed her. Something wasn't right. Maui knew it.
"Maui, you're quite young, I don't think you want to see this." Flux stepped in front her her, a serious gaze fixed on his face. This was the first time she had seen Flux genuine demeanor. He wasn't like Beethoven, for example. Beethoven was a serious guy, that's who he needed to be. He was a leader after all, a good one at that. But Flux was a funny and humor-filled person...With some occasional sarcasm. He always made her laugh, even when he wasn't trying to.
However, she did not feel like laughing right now. "What...Is it?" Maui asked, lowering her head in fear.
"Well, Maui..." Flux started, but he just gloomily looked back at his clan-mates. "Would you mind getting us a lantern or two?"
"Why?" Maui challenged, taking a step towards Flux angrily. Why wouldn't he just tell her what was going on?
Flux flared his wings, raising his voice. "Get a lantern now, Maui."
Maui felt a pang of remorse and resentment towards the Pearlcatcher. She knew this was a serious situation, whatever it was, but she wanted to know what was happening and he just wouldn't tell her. She also knew, however, that she needed to hurry and get these lanterns. Not only had an older, more experienced member demanded it but this seemed to be urgent.
"Okay, sorry Flux..." She said quietly, turning around to retreat to her hut. While she trotted back to her hut with purpose, she heard Beethoven exit his hut, annoyance in his voice.
"Why are you all causing such a-a..." Beethoven started to yell, but then all the anger from his voice seemed to fade. He seemed to choke up at the end, but he trailed off and fell silent.
Maui pushed herself to get to her hut and find the lanterns so she could figure out what had happened. Why were her clan mates so upset?
She searched her hut furiously, trying to find any lanterns. It was a rather messy hut, but she blamed Aura for that. She would be moving out soon to go in the shaman's hut, though. She smiled at the thought of that. She was really becoming a shaman, huh?
She growled, starting to become frustrated. Where was that lantern? "Oh, I know where!" She exclaimed, spinning around to burst out of her hut and run to the shaman's hut. It had lanterns in there, a ton of them at that. Also Yaari would be there--as she hadn't seen or heard Yaari with the others--maybe she knew what was going on.
Maui felt her talons uproot grass and weeds as she rushed to the shaman den, anxiety ripping at her. Her heart was pounding, knowing she was moments away from the answer.
Once she made her way into the shaman den, Yaari was nowhere to be seen. Maybe...She was with everyone else? Whatever, all she had to do was get the lantern and give it to Flux, then she would finally see what was causing everyone to...
Maui's heart dropped. This wasn't some detective hatchling-game, she felt ashamed of herself for acting like this was some kind of discovery. Obviously it was very serious. She had to help her clan-mates. She grabbed a lantern in her jaws, her mind was set now.
Maui whipped around, racing towards her clan-members. She heard their whispers and soft wailing grow louder as she neared them, a lantern in her jaws.
"Thank you, Maui." Flux said as she neared him. She couldn't think, she could barely even hear. Her heart was pounding so fast and so loudly it consumed her thoughts. She could only rely on instincts in this very moment. She pushed past Flux, eyes dropping to see what everyone was gathered around.
Overwhelming dread crashed over Maui. She felt like she might collapse then and there, so she slowly sat down, taking in what she had seen.
She felt Ashia collapse to her knees, shaking uncontrollably. She had been the one who was wailing and screaming. She was crying out something, but Maui couldn't hear her. All she could hear was her heart pounding furiously, as if it were trying to break free from the cage that was her chest.
All she could focus on was the lifeless-body of Yaari lying in the center of everyone, neck mangled.
She noticed Beethoven across from her, slowly resting his head on Yaari's. There was an eerie silence in their clan, asides from the sobbing from Ashia and the sniffles from Flux.
Maui hadn't even noticed that there were tears running down her face.
Okay so I hope I wrote this well, I dunno. <3 Rest in peace Yaari. Also tell me who/what you think killed her, haha. I wanna know what I've lead you to believe.
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day Three Extra[/size][/center] [center][size=3]9! Exactly what I needed! The dice have swung in my favor this time![/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62223986][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/622240/62223986_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Sutera sat, waiting to meet up with this mystery-dragon. For a bit of a backstory, Sutera had been communicating through the plants with this dragon for a while now...Ever since the dragon was born, in fact. They seemed to have a burning hatred for their family or whatever, so he decided he would help the poor dragon with that. After all, this dragon had helped him develop the ways he could use his powers, why not help return the favor? Sutera was broken away from his thoughts as a hooded figure emerged from the foliage. They weren't too tall, which made this even more hilarious. He had to stop himself from laughing. "Thank you for being here." The hooded figure said, sitting down. "I can't believe we're meeting for the first time." "Yes...Rather odd, innit?" Sutera asked, picking a piece of some type of plant from in-between his teeth. "You seem awfully relaxed for a hitman." The hooded-dragon sneered, to which Sutera glared at them. "I'm not doin' anythin' to another dragon, you know that isn't my intention. I'm helping you do somethin'." "Then why did I come here?" The mysterious dragon asked, a snarl forming. "I dunno, to maybe meet the guy you've been talkin' to your whole life? I raised ya', right?" He asked, a bit offended this dragon seemed so...Rude. "You're an idiot. I have no clue why I came here." The dragon said, turning away. "Who are you killin'?" Sutera asked, tilting his head. "This stupid shaman and maybe her trainee. It'll weaken my clan. I attempted to become the trainee so nobody would suspect anything...But I've given up on them suspecting me. None of them seem to like me, there's no point." He spat, making his way out of the den. "Why do you wanna destroy this clan? Aren't they ya' family?" Sutera asked, watching as this dragon left. "Nobody is my family, our clan isn't even family. We were all abandoned as children, [i]Sutera[/i]. I'm starting to think I've been taken advantage of." The dragon said, leaving Sutera alone and wondering what had just happened. Had his son--no fool, not your son...Not biological, anyways--test-subject really walked out on him?
Hidden Away - Day Three Extra
9! Exactly what I needed! The dice have swung in my favor this time!
62223986_350.png
Sutera sat, waiting to meet up with this mystery-dragon. For a bit of a backstory, Sutera had been communicating through the plants with this dragon for a while now...Ever since the dragon was born, in fact. They seemed to have a burning hatred for their family or whatever, so he decided he would help the poor dragon with that. After all, this dragon had helped him develop the ways he could use his powers, why not help return the favor?
Sutera was broken away from his thoughts as a hooded figure emerged from the foliage. They weren't too tall, which made this even more hilarious. He had to stop himself from laughing.
"Thank you for being here." The hooded figure said, sitting down. "I can't believe we're meeting for the first time."
"Yes...Rather odd, innit?" Sutera asked, picking a piece of some type of plant from in-between his teeth.
"You seem awfully relaxed for a hitman." The hooded-dragon sneered, to which Sutera glared at them.
"I'm not doin' anythin' to another dragon, you know that isn't my intention. I'm helping you do somethin'."
"Then why did I come here?" The mysterious dragon asked, a snarl forming.
"I dunno, to maybe meet the guy you've been talkin' to your whole life? I raised ya', right?" He asked, a bit offended this dragon seemed so...Rude.
"You're an idiot. I have no clue why I came here." The dragon said, turning away.
"Who are you killin'?" Sutera asked, tilting his head.
"This stupid shaman and maybe her trainee. It'll weaken my clan. I attempted to become the trainee so nobody would suspect anything...But I've given up on them suspecting me. None of them seem to like me, there's no point." He spat, making his way out of the den.
"Why do you wanna destroy this clan? Aren't they ya' family?" Sutera asked, watching as this dragon left.
"Nobody is my family, our clan isn't even family. We were all abandoned as children, Sutera. I'm starting to think I've been taken advantage of." The dragon said, leaving Sutera alone and wondering what had just happened. Had his son--no fool, not your son...Not biological, anyways--test-subject really walked out on him?
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day Four[/size][/center] [center][size=3]9 (again), 3, 14, 8, 3[/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62707631][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/627077/62707631_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Beethoven looked up from his paws, head spinning and throbbing in pain. The suns bright, amber rays streaming in from in-between the weaved-hut he called home. Beethoven found the blazing sunlight calming. It was blinding, yes, but it was the familiarity of it that he found soothing. He drowsily got to his paws, hearing the soft whispers of his clan gathered outside of his hut. Beethoven growled softly, just wanting to lay back down. His head was pounding in agony, causing him to stumble a bit. He felt light, but he knew he had to go report to his clan. He drew the curtain that separated him form his awaiting clan mates, eyes sweeping the gathered clan-mates. "Sir, I know ever since Yaari died you've been mourning, but you haven't been going on hunting patrols, how do you expect us to go on them if you don't?" Beethoven locked his gaze on Aura's, which had a smirk on his face. "I told you, Aura, he's sick." Maui said hesitantly. "That's not the important thing we need to be talking about. We still haven't showed him BobaTea." Flux said, curling his tail around himself. "Tea?" Beethoven asked, not even surprised Flux thought tea was more important than Beethoven getting slammed for being sick. Of course Beethoven had put him in charge! How stupid of him, anyone would've done it better. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62879169][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628792/62879169_350.png[/img][/url][/center] "Oh, no, no. My [i]name[/i] is BobaTea, and I'm guessing you're the tough, bold leader I've been hearing about?" A pink Spiral spoke. Beethoven jumped, immediately flaring his wings in shock. He didn't know who this dragon was or why he was here, so it was best to stay alert. "Who's been saying that?" Beethoven asked, amused by this. "That's...Not important." Flux butted in, twitching his tail slightly. "He said he wants to join, that's what's important." Beethoven slowly folded his wings, relaxing a bit. Maybe Flux was a good choice after-all. "Well, how long has he been here?" "...About two days. We didn't want to bother you, so we just had eyes on him at all times, you know...Because of what happened to Yaari." Flux added, a bit hesitantly. "Yes, that was a good decision." Beethoven said, head continuing to pound as he spun around to retreat back into his den. "Wait--Where are you going, Beethoven?" Aura asked. "Are you going to grant this trespasser their wish?" Beethoven grumbled, how annoying Aura had become after Yaari's death was almost unbearable. But everyone was on edge these days, and Aura thought it was Beethoven who had killed Yaari. Nobody else believed Aura, though. Beethoven didn't like thinking about the death of his sister too often, it hurt him too much. It was part of Aura's recovery, though. Everyone had lost a friend [i]at least[/i]. To some she was a mother, to some she was a best friend. It definitely had hit some more than others, though. Flamethrower had seemed unfazed by all this...But when had he ever been fazed? Sometimes Beethoven wondered if he was even alive...Under all the dead animal carcasses and tattered clothing. "Keep a close eye on her, we'll allow her to stay for now." Beethoven said, making his way into his hut. "I'm a guy!" BobaTea yelled as Beethoven pulled the curtain closed. He dropped to the ground, resting his head against his paws. Whatever, it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. He closed his eyes, allowing the darkness to consume his visions and thoughts. "Excuse me...Beethoven?" Beethoven peeled his eyes open to see Flux peeking in from the other side of the curtain. "Yes?" Beethoven grumbled. "I...I hope you recover well. I don't think I'm doing very well as makeshift leader and all that...It's so tiring, and I'm sorry Aura is being annoying and I'm sorry that Yaari was killed and..." Flux went on and on, but Beethoven had zoned out once he heard Yaari's name. If some dragon mentioned her one more time... None of them deserved to utter her name. Beethoven felt his eyes burning. His head hurt so, so badly. He felt hot, like he was on fire. He felt a tear run down his cheek as he laid there, completely giving into this stupid sickness that would probably be gone in a day or two. "I...I'm sorry." Flux said, seemingly upset, too. "Should I go?" Flux asked, sitting down. "No, stay. I need some company, Maui would be fine but she never shuts up about her medicine." Beethoven laughed a bit, but that sputtered into a cough. "She's learning from the best." Flux smiled, sitting next to where Beethoven was laying down. Luckily Yaari had written a book about her knowledge, in case anything like this happened. "Why were you apologizing?" Beethoven asked randomly, looking up at Flux with a cloudy gaze. "Well...I know you won't believe this, Beethoven, but I found a clue to who could have killed her..." Flux started, but he trailed off. "What?" Beethoven asked eagerly. Whoever it was, they should be scared. "Well...It's easier to show you. Can you get up?" "Gladeskeeper, give me strength." Beethoven got to his paws slowly, Flux at his side. -------- Welp, that's all I'm writing for now. CLIFFHANGERS, AM I RIGHT?
Hidden Away - Day Four
9 (again), 3, 14, 8, 3
62707631_350.png
Beethoven looked up from his paws, head spinning and throbbing in pain. The suns bright, amber rays streaming in from in-between the weaved-hut he called home. Beethoven found the blazing sunlight calming. It was blinding, yes, but it was the familiarity of it that he found soothing.
He drowsily got to his paws, hearing the soft whispers of his clan gathered outside of his hut.
Beethoven growled softly, just wanting to lay back down. His head was pounding in agony, causing him to stumble a bit. He felt light, but he knew he had to go report to his clan.
He drew the curtain that separated him form his awaiting clan mates, eyes sweeping the gathered clan-mates.
"Sir, I know ever since Yaari died you've been mourning, but you haven't been going on hunting patrols, how do you expect us to go on them if you don't?" Beethoven locked his gaze on Aura's, which had a smirk on his face.
"I told you, Aura, he's sick." Maui said hesitantly.
"That's not the important thing we need to be talking about. We still haven't showed him BobaTea." Flux said, curling his tail around himself.
"Tea?" Beethoven asked, not even surprised Flux thought tea was more important than Beethoven getting slammed for being sick. Of course Beethoven had put him in charge! How stupid of him, anyone would've done it better.
62879169_350.png
"Oh, no, no. My name is BobaTea, and I'm guessing you're the tough, bold leader I've been hearing about?" A pink Spiral spoke. Beethoven jumped, immediately flaring his wings in shock. He didn't know who this dragon was or why he was here, so it was best to stay alert.
"Who's been saying that?" Beethoven asked, amused by this.
"That's...Not important." Flux butted in, twitching his tail slightly. "He said he wants to join, that's what's important."
Beethoven slowly folded his wings, relaxing a bit. Maybe Flux was a good choice after-all. "Well, how long has he been here?"
"...About two days. We didn't want to bother you, so we just had eyes on him at all times, you know...Because of what happened to Yaari." Flux added, a bit hesitantly.
"Yes, that was a good decision." Beethoven said, head continuing to pound as he spun around to retreat back into his den.
"Wait--Where are you going, Beethoven?" Aura asked. "Are you going to grant this trespasser their wish?"
Beethoven grumbled, how annoying Aura had become after Yaari's death was almost unbearable. But everyone was on edge these days, and Aura thought it was Beethoven who had killed Yaari.
Nobody else believed Aura, though. Beethoven didn't like thinking about the death of his sister too often, it hurt him too much.
It was part of Aura's recovery, though. Everyone had lost a friend at least. To some she was a mother, to some she was a best friend. It definitely had hit some more than others, though.
Flamethrower had seemed unfazed by all this...But when had he ever been fazed? Sometimes Beethoven wondered if he was even alive...Under all the dead animal carcasses and tattered clothing.
"Keep a close eye on her, we'll allow her to stay for now." Beethoven said, making his way into his hut.
"I'm a guy!" BobaTea yelled as Beethoven pulled the curtain closed. He dropped to the ground, resting his head against his paws. Whatever, it didn't matter. Nothing mattered. He closed his eyes, allowing the darkness to consume his visions and thoughts.
"Excuse me...Beethoven?" Beethoven peeled his eyes open to see Flux peeking in from the other side of the curtain.
"Yes?" Beethoven grumbled.
"I...I hope you recover well. I don't think I'm doing very well as makeshift leader and all that...It's so tiring, and I'm sorry Aura is being annoying and I'm sorry that Yaari was killed and..." Flux went on and on, but Beethoven had zoned out once he heard Yaari's name. If some dragon mentioned her one more time...
None of them deserved to utter her name.
Beethoven felt his eyes burning. His head hurt so, so badly. He felt hot, like he was on fire. He felt a tear run down his cheek as he laid there, completely giving into this stupid sickness that would probably be gone in a day or two.
"I...I'm sorry." Flux said, seemingly upset, too. "Should I go?" Flux asked, sitting down.
"No, stay. I need some company, Maui would be fine but she never shuts up about her medicine." Beethoven laughed a bit, but that sputtered into a cough.
"She's learning from the best." Flux smiled, sitting next to where Beethoven was laying down. Luckily Yaari had written a book about her knowledge, in case anything like this happened.
"Why were you apologizing?" Beethoven asked randomly, looking up at Flux with a cloudy gaze.
"Well...I know you won't believe this, Beethoven, but I found a clue to who could have killed her..." Flux started, but he trailed off.
"What?" Beethoven asked eagerly. Whoever it was, they should be scared.
"Well...It's easier to show you. Can you get up?"
"Gladeskeeper, give me strength." Beethoven got to his paws slowly, Flux at his side.
Welp, that's all I'm writing for now. CLIFFHANGERS, AM I RIGHT?
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day Five[/size][/center] [center][size=3]18[/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62567490][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/625675/62567490_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Ashia felt like she was drowning in anxiety and twisted dread as Flamethrower made his way over towards her. Every day was the same. She was partnered with Flamethrower for hunting, and she had always been scared of him. Ever since Yaari had been murdered she and a few others had suspected him, but he never said too much about it to make her really suspicious. Well, other than the fact he didn't say anything at all. Ever. He rarely spoke. "You ready for the hunt?" Ashia asked as Flamethrower stopped next to her. He towered over her, tripling in size. He only nodded in response and started to beat his wings, lifting into the air, preparing to swoop out of camp. Before Ashia ducked out of camp, she heard someone yell after them. "Wait! Please wait!" Ashia looked over her shoulder to see BobaTea rushing after them. Flamethrower landed, waiting as he had asked. "I can go instead of you, Flamethrower. You deserve to rest as, er...You've done a lot the past few days." BobaTea said, glancing at Ashia. Ashia snorted as Flamethrower nodded his head, walking back to his hut. BobaTea had proved himself to be a very friendly and refreshing addition to the clan. Ashia thought of him to be almost like Flux, but more analytical like Maui. "Thank you, you know I can't stand him sometimes!" Ashia laughed as BobaTea made his way to her, smiling. "BobaTea to the rescue!" He exclaimed, nudging Ashia playfully. Ashia laughed, ducking out of camp, BobaTea following. "Hunting is rather boring, isn't it?" BobaTea asked after a few minutes of laughter. "I mean...Sometimes, but it's an honor to hunt for your clan. I guess you don't really understand that, though...As you seem to be raised in the more populated areas of The Viridian Labyrinth." Ashia responded, sighing. "I've never seen what's beyond the river over there. Beethoven has always said bad things happen past that river, and we should never come into contact with other dragons." "Well...That's not true." BobaTea said, shifting. "I mean, sure bad things happen but...It's on a small scale compared to all the good things." "It's safer here, though." Ashia said, as that was BobaTea's weak excuse to join their clan. She still wanted to know why he had [i]really[/i] joined. "Yes...Well..." BobaTea trailed off, knowing he had been out-smarted. "Why don't I take you there today? I have some money, we can buy some food to make up for what we didn't catch and maybe some other cool things for camp, like decorations or something!" BobaTea offered, waiting for Ashia's response. "What if...Something happens?" Ashia asked, worry filling her voice. She really wanted to go, but she didn't know if it was a good idea. "C'mon, you need some adventure!" BobaTea prodded her with his tail, trying to get her to make up her mind. "Alright...Okay, I'll go." Ashia agreed. "Yes!" BobaTea jumped into the air gleefully, to which he fell snout-first to the ground. "Woah, how heroic." Ashia laughed, helping him up. "So...What is beyond the river?" She asked they approached it. "Well about 40 minutes from here is a bustling town, a lot of travelers go there. Lot's of markets and such, it's really fun! I go there all the time--Well, I used to, anyways." BobaTea smile faded. "Are you okay?" Ashia asked. BobaTea nodded, but said nothing. He jumped into the air, soaring over the river and landed on the other side. "Coming?" "Of course!" Ashia said, gulping. She decided she could trust BobaTea, though. She jumped into the air, unraveling her wings and gliding to the other side gracefully. "To town!" He laughed, starting the long journey. -------- Woah, okay well...This was supposed to be worldbuilding and I don't think I really did that well so I *promise* I'll make up for that tomorrow, you gonna get a LOT of lore tomorrow. Or the next day depending on what I roll (if I roll something I can't use with them I'm just gonna cut back to the others).
Hidden Away - Day Five
62567490_350.png
Ashia felt like she was drowning in anxiety and twisted dread as Flamethrower made his way over towards her. Every day was the same. She was partnered with Flamethrower for hunting, and she had always been scared of him. Ever since Yaari had been murdered she and a few others had suspected him, but he never said too much about it to make her really suspicious.
Well, other than the fact he didn't say anything at all. Ever. He rarely spoke.
"You ready for the hunt?" Ashia asked as Flamethrower stopped next to her. He towered over her, tripling in size.
He only nodded in response and started to beat his wings, lifting into the air, preparing to swoop out of camp. Before Ashia ducked out of camp, she heard someone yell after them.
"Wait! Please wait!"
Ashia looked over her shoulder to see BobaTea rushing after them. Flamethrower landed, waiting as he had asked.
"I can go instead of you, Flamethrower. You deserve to rest as, er...You've done a lot the past few days." BobaTea said, glancing at Ashia. Ashia snorted as Flamethrower nodded his head, walking back to his hut.
BobaTea had proved himself to be a very friendly and refreshing addition to the clan. Ashia thought of him to be almost like Flux, but more analytical like Maui.
"Thank you, you know I can't stand him sometimes!" Ashia laughed as BobaTea made his way to her, smiling.
"BobaTea to the rescue!" He exclaimed, nudging Ashia playfully.
Ashia laughed, ducking out of camp, BobaTea following.
"Hunting is rather boring, isn't it?" BobaTea asked after a few minutes of laughter.
"I mean...Sometimes, but it's an honor to hunt for your clan. I guess you don't really understand that, though...As you seem to be raised in the more populated areas of The Viridian Labyrinth." Ashia responded, sighing. "I've never seen what's beyond the river over there. Beethoven has always said bad things happen past that river, and we should never come into contact with other dragons."
"Well...That's not true." BobaTea said, shifting. "I mean, sure bad things happen but...It's on a small scale compared to all the good things."
"It's safer here, though." Ashia said, as that was BobaTea's weak excuse to join their clan. She still wanted to know why he had really joined.
"Yes...Well..." BobaTea trailed off, knowing he had been out-smarted. "Why don't I take you there today? I have some money, we can buy some food to make up for what we didn't catch and maybe some other cool things for camp, like decorations or something!" BobaTea offered, waiting for Ashia's response.
"What if...Something happens?" Ashia asked, worry filling her voice. She really wanted to go, but she didn't know if it was a good idea.
"C'mon, you need some adventure!" BobaTea prodded her with his tail, trying to get her to make up her mind.
"Alright...Okay, I'll go." Ashia agreed.
"Yes!" BobaTea jumped into the air gleefully, to which he fell snout-first to the ground.
"Woah, how heroic." Ashia laughed, helping him up. "So...What is beyond the river?" She asked they approached it.
"Well about 40 minutes from here is a bustling town, a lot of travelers go there. Lot's of markets and such, it's really fun! I go there all the time--Well, I used to, anyways." BobaTea smile faded.
"Are you okay?" Ashia asked. BobaTea nodded, but said nothing. He jumped into the air, soaring over the river and landed on the other side. "Coming?"
"Of course!" Ashia said, gulping. She decided she could trust BobaTea, though. She jumped into the air, unraveling her wings and gliding to the other side gracefully.
"To town!" He laughed, starting the long journey.
Woah, okay well...This was supposed to be worldbuilding and I don't think I really did that well so I *promise* I'll make up for that tomorrow, you gonna get a LOT of lore tomorrow. Or the next day depending on what I roll (if I roll something I can't use with them I'm just gonna cut back to the others).
source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
[center][size=5]Hidden Away - Day Six[/size][/center] [center][size=3]6, 2 (Perfect! I went a bit literal with it...Haha.)[/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62879169][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/628792/62879169_350.png[/img][/url][/center] BobaTea padded along the dirt road, dragging his tail behind him. He had started this short trip all excited but...This walk was much longer than he remembered. And much more tiring. "How much longer till we get there?" Ashia asked. She obviously was tired too, and she didn't seem too excited anymore. "Only a bit longer! I promise!" BobaTea tried to say cheerfully, but it came out rather forced. "Boba, you said that about 20 minutes ago." Ashia sighed, sticking right next to him. She seemed on edge as if she felt something were wrong. She always seemed like that, though. "I know, I know...It's been a while since I've visited the town. It can't be too far from here, okay?" BobaTea said reassuringly. "If you say so," Ashia said, looking around once more. BobaTea frowned, wishing Ashia felt more comfortable here. But she had been told it was dangerous, so he guessed it had just made sense. However, BobaTea wasn't sure why they all thought it was dangerous beyond the river. Maybe it was some stupid tale they had been told as hatchlings? If he remembered correctly, Beethoven's parents had been powerful shamans, right? They probably had some stupid prophecies or something. "Hey, Ashia, what did Beethoven tell you was...Y'know, across the river?" BobaTea asked, looking over at Ashia. Ashia froze, eyes widening. "I-I-" "What?" BobaTea asked, tilting his head, confused. "That," Ashia said, raising her paw to point a talon ahead of her. She crouched down, hissing at whatever she had pointed at. BobaTea jerked his head around to see a bunch of rubble, overgrown with plants and weeds. That wasn't the problem, though...The problem were the giant flowers and plants that seemed to be...Alive...Making their way towards both of them. "This...Is this the town? What happened?" BobaTea asked, lowering himself to the ground with Ashia. "Y-you said it was safe!" Ashia snarled, glaring over at him. "I thought it was! I...I didn't think about how much time it had been." He said, eyes flicking from one over-grown plant to the next. "What do you mean?" Ashia asked, shaking uncontrollably. "There's something I need to tell you...Later." BobaTea said, laughing nervously. "Telling me now might be the better option, seeing as there may not be a later." She hissed angrily at him, her tongue flicking out her jaws. "Well..." BobaTea said, shifting from one paw to the next. "I...I know this is going to be weird, but you need to trust me." "Tell me!" Ashia snapped as the plants got dangerously close to them. "Well...I told you, I'll tell you after!" He exclaimed, jumping at one of the plants. He snarled, curling his talons into the plant. The plant seemed to bellow, it's monstrous jaws snapping at BobaTea, barely missing his wing. The plants had formed some sort of body by intertwining themselves, their petals all working together to become jaws with teeth...Somehow. BobaTea had a feeling he knew who was behind this, though. "Boba!" Ashia exclaimed, jumping up at one of the heads of the monster as he had done, ripping at the intertwined roots and stems. "If we break it, maybe it'll die?" She suggested, to which BobaTea nodded. They started biting and clawing at the monster, but it seemed like they just regrew their roots and stems...It seemed almost useless. "This is my fault, Ashia." BobaTea called from the other side of the monster, his voice full of shame. "No...No it's not, Boba. You didn't know." Ashia called back to him, she sounded tired...He knew he had to do something. "Run home, Ashia! Tell the others, please...I'll hold them off, I have a feeling they're...Here for me." BobaTea said faintly. "What?" Ashia called, fear in her voice. "I...I was going to tell you that...Ashia, I know it's hard to believe but there is a dragon who can control plants and he's still here...I was afraid he was using one of your clanmates as he used me, so I wanted to come and see for mysel-" BobaTea said frantically, but he was cut off by a roar from the monster as it snapped at his wing. BobaTea bellowed in pain as it tore his wing. He heard Ashie scream and footsteps fade away, she had probably run away. BobaTea wasn't going to die to this monster, no...Not here, not now. Not after he had come so far. "What do you want, Sutera?" BobaTea snarled, the pain ripping at all his senses. "[b]Still a smart one, huh?[/b]" A voice came from the monster. Its jaws unclamped his wings, letting him fall to the ground. "[b]I just want you back, BobaTea! Remember everything we've been through, your parents abandoned you, I took you in, when I-[/b]" "Turned me into a flower for [i]years[/i]?" BobaTea asked, getting to his paws. He roared in agony as his bitten-wing sagged to the ground. "[b]Haha, you're still as funny as I remember.[/b]" ------------- If you wanted to know, this is what the plant monster looks like (Credits to Blizzard Entertainment/Heroes Of The Storm) [img]https://i.ibb.co/Vv13fTZ/image.png[/img]
Hidden Away - Day Six
6, 2 (Perfect! I went a bit literal with it...Haha.)
62879169_350.png
BobaTea padded along the dirt road, dragging his tail behind him. He had started this short trip all excited but...This walk was much longer than he remembered. And much more tiring.
"How much longer till we get there?" Ashia asked. She obviously was tired too, and she didn't seem too excited anymore.
"Only a bit longer! I promise!" BobaTea tried to say cheerfully, but it came out rather forced.
"Boba, you said that about 20 minutes ago." Ashia sighed, sticking right next to him. She seemed on edge as if she felt something were wrong. She always seemed like that, though.
"I know, I know...It's been a while since I've visited the town. It can't be too far from here, okay?" BobaTea said reassuringly.
"If you say so," Ashia said, looking around once more. BobaTea frowned, wishing Ashia felt more comfortable here. But she had been told it was dangerous, so he guessed it had just made sense.
However, BobaTea wasn't sure why they all thought it was dangerous beyond the river. Maybe it was some stupid tale they had been told as hatchlings? If he remembered correctly, Beethoven's parents had been powerful shamans, right? They probably had some stupid prophecies or something.
"Hey, Ashia, what did Beethoven tell you was...Y'know, across the river?" BobaTea asked, looking over at Ashia.
Ashia froze, eyes widening. "I-I-"
"What?" BobaTea asked, tilting his head, confused.
"That," Ashia said, raising her paw to point a talon ahead of her. She crouched down, hissing at whatever she had pointed at.
BobaTea jerked his head around to see a bunch of rubble, overgrown with plants and weeds. That wasn't the problem, though...The problem were the giant flowers and plants that seemed to be...Alive...Making their way towards both of them.
"This...Is this the town? What happened?" BobaTea asked, lowering himself to the ground with Ashia.
"Y-you said it was safe!" Ashia snarled, glaring over at him.
"I thought it was! I...I didn't think about how much time it had been." He said, eyes flicking from one over-grown plant to the next.
"What do you mean?" Ashia asked, shaking uncontrollably.
"There's something I need to tell you...Later." BobaTea said, laughing nervously.
"Telling me now might be the better option, seeing as there may not be a later." She hissed angrily at him, her tongue flicking out her jaws.
"Well..." BobaTea said, shifting from one paw to the next. "I...I know this is going to be weird, but you need to trust me."
"Tell me!" Ashia snapped as the plants got dangerously close to them.
"Well...I told you, I'll tell you after!" He exclaimed, jumping at one of the plants. He snarled, curling his talons into the plant. The plant seemed to bellow, it's monstrous jaws snapping at BobaTea, barely missing his wing.
The plants had formed some sort of body by intertwining themselves, their petals all working together to become jaws with teeth...Somehow. BobaTea had a feeling he knew who was behind this, though.
"Boba!" Ashia exclaimed, jumping up at one of the heads of the monster as he had done, ripping at the intertwined roots and stems. "If we break it, maybe it'll die?" She suggested, to which BobaTea nodded.
They started biting and clawing at the monster, but it seemed like they just regrew their roots and stems...It seemed almost useless.
"This is my fault, Ashia." BobaTea called from the other side of the monster, his voice full of shame.
"No...No it's not, Boba. You didn't know." Ashia called back to him, she sounded tired...He knew he had to do something.
"Run home, Ashia! Tell the others, please...I'll hold them off, I have a feeling they're...Here for me." BobaTea said faintly.
"What?" Ashia called, fear in her voice.
"I...I was going to tell you that...Ashia, I know it's hard to believe but there is a dragon who can control plants and he's still here...I was afraid he was using one of your clanmates as he used me, so I wanted to come and see for mysel-" BobaTea said frantically, but he was cut off by a roar from the monster as it snapped at his wing.
BobaTea bellowed in pain as it tore his wing. He heard Ashie scream and footsteps fade away, she had probably run away. BobaTea wasn't going to die to this monster, no...Not here, not now. Not after he had come so far.
"What do you want, Sutera?" BobaTea snarled, the pain ripping at all his senses.
"Still a smart one, huh?" A voice came from the monster. Its jaws unclamped his wings, letting him fall to the ground. "I just want you back, BobaTea! Remember everything we've been through, your parents abandoned you, I took you in, when I-"
"Turned me into a flower for years?" BobaTea asked, getting to his paws. He roared in agony as his bitten-wing sagged to the ground.
"Haha, you're still as funny as I remember."
If you wanted to know, this is what the plant monster looks like (Credits to Blizzard Entertainment/Heroes Of The Storm)
image.png

source.gif
giphy.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif
source.gif