Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Song of Silence [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15
BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE
BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE BANESCALE
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I'd take Adante, but I don't have lairspace... curse you, Banescales!

Add me to the pinglist, please!
I should really start up my 'locke again...
I'd take Adante, but I don't have lairspace... curse you, Banescales!

Add me to the pinglist, please!
I should really start up my 'locke again...
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
@Petall BAAAANESCAAAALEEEEEEEE @FallenEclipse Aaa yes banescales are bae!! Will add you to pinglist [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Petall

BAAAANESCAAAALEEEEEEEE

@FallenEclipse

Aaa yes banescales are bae!! Will add you to pinglist
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @FallenEclipse

Last call for Andante! I’m training her up now, and will exalt her after rollover tomorrow.
@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @FallenEclipse

Last call for Andante! I’m training her up now, and will exalt her after rollover tomorrow.

[center][b][size=4]DAY 15[/b][/center] [center][b]Pull: Writing[/b][/center] The hooded dragon stared out of the window, in deep thought. It had been a month since the shadows had contacted him. A month he had spent procrastinating, buying time for his warrior to be trained. But now the Banescale was ready. First he would reclaim the Nocturne... then snatch the shadows’ bounty from under their noses. Surely that would show them who was boss. “Zeta. It is time.” [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=57489035] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=119&bodygene=56&breed=18&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=104&tertgene=46&winggene=54&wings=64&auth=457791957b22197668b0ce85883f2a41d1451df2&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] A figure rose from the shadows of the deep, untamed brambles. Dark purple scales blended in with the guise of night, deadly green markings on his hide a stark reminder of the danger the Banescale posed. On his wings were etched red arrows, as sharp as the dragon’s instincts. A yellow line streaked through the dragon’s scales, a manifestation of the Light heritage that shone in his yellow eyes. “Leader. What is your command?” His voice echoed across the thorns. This was the Reaper, the Assassin of Light. Not only was this Banescale skilled in tracking and stealth, his powers were a wonder to behold. The first time he had been trained, his light turned the night to day. Within a day, he was able to beat his mentor in combat. There was no doubt this was a powerful dragon. Yet he seemed a mere echo of the ghosts that haunted the night, void of feeling and life. But the raw strength and aura he exuded was incredible. And his first target was a silver Nocturne that had been plaguing his leader for a long time. [center]~[/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55963996] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559640/55963996_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Octave picked up a limp bramble and wrinkled his nose. They hadn’t been able to find enough fresh prey. The only scrawny mice they could find were, without question, given to Elegy and Anima. Azrael was happy enough to eat the brambles, but Octave and Selune were suffering. It had been easy enough to go into the tangle and find the sanctum. So why was it so hard to find the exit? Growling in frustration, Octave ripped his vine up and swallowed it in one gulp. “‘M going to hunt,” he mumbled through the disgusting mouthful of plant, and raced away into the undergrowth. It was as he scented the air that he suddenly noticed another, very welcome smell amidst the dank stench of damp plants. Prey. If there was prey, there had to be water nearby. That meant both he and Selune would finally be able to eat proper nourishing food. His senses keened at him, and he bounded in the direction of the scent, not caring if he scared anything else away. Getting to that animal was all that mattered to him. Octave turned a corner, flipped over a thorn tangle, and was pinned down by heavy claws. “Leader wants you back alive. Don’t think of struggling.” Octave let out a strangled cry, and lashed his tail at the assailant. It glanced off diamond-hard scales with a clink. Twisting desperately, Octave caught sight of his attacker’s face. Cold, hard eyes of Light. So different from Isis, yet it was undeniable that they were of the same element. The icy yellow gaze bore deep into Octave’s soul, as venom sparkled faintly on the Banescale’s fangs. “It won’t hurt. Have a good sleep.” “No!” Octave croaked, his claws slashing wildly at any hold he got of the dragon. His vision slowly began to darken, as he suffocated in the merciless grip of the Banescale. “Stop! Stop...” His limbs lost their strength, and he crumpled in the chokehold. The world seemed so far away. The death grip he was in just seemed like a brush of wind on his scales. Was this how he was going to die? But the Banescale said he was wanted alive... Octave feebly gasped for air. The Banescale above growled in mirth. “Persistent one, aren’t you? Before you black out, let me tell you something.” Octave was too weak to reply. “My name is Zeta. It’s nice to meet you.” And then Octave thudded to the ground as an ear-splitting screech shook the air around them. [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55993904] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/559940/55993904_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Selune![/i] She charged at Zeta in a oceanic blur of fury, fireflies trailing daggers of light. Zeta responded by swiping a light-infused wing at her, which halted the progression of the tidal wave that Selune had been about to send out. With a powerful flap of his wings, Zeta rolled into the sky, a sphere of light forming in his jaws. A colossal blast of sound exploded toward Selune, the destructive force vaporising brambles around them. Selune retaliated with her own song, the two waves of sound clashing and undulating, one yellow and one pink. But it was clear Selune was outclassed, as her soundwaves slowly began to be pushed back. Unwilling to lose, Selune sent her fireflies at Zeta, the tiny pinpricks of white light assaulting the purple dragon with quick jabs and flashes. Finally, Zeta grunted and beat his wings once, twice. A strong jet of wind scattered the fireflies everywhere, stars amongst the bramble canvas. By the time Selune recovered, the Banescale was gone. Octave couldn’t help but groan as he heaved himself up. Immediately, Selune’s whole demeanour changed, and she slid under his wing to prop him up. For a long time, the only sounds were the panting of the two friends. “Are you okay?” She finally asked. “I was worried when I heard sounds of a scuffle, and came here to find you strangled by a huge Banescale.” “Are you okay? Zeta seemed pretty strong. And what about the hatchlings? Who’s guarding them?” Selune let out a weak laugh. “I’m fine. So he was called Zeta, huh? That’s an interesting name. Pretty ancient. I wonder who gave him that name. Azrael’s entertaining the kids, they’ll be fine. I’ve been assessing Azrael and he can hold his own in battle.” Octave snorted. That answer was so like Selune. Even for all the things in the world, he wouldn’t give her up. Slowly, hesitantly, he touched his muzzle to hers. “Thank you.” Staring into her eyes was something he would never get tired of. The blue depths called out to him, to get lost in the clear waters and never return. “I... I care for you very much, you know.” Selune whispered, head still touching Octave’s. “Please... promise me you’ll be more careful.” Something in Octave’s heart finally melted. His last barrier. With a trembling sigh, he nuzzled deeper into her crest. “I will. I’m sorry, Selune.” They stayed like that for a while. Just the two of them, in the ring hollowed out by light. “I love you, Octave.” Selune’s voice had never sounded so unsure. How was it that a literal goddess like her could ever doubt that he would give his utmost affection to her? Another wave of mixed emotions swept over Octave. He knew, deep inside, that the strongest one was love. “I love you too. Forever and ever.” —————————————————————————————————————————— [center]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323/5#post_41552863]previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323/6#post_41690955]next[/url] | [size=2]@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @FallenEclipse[/center] AAAAAAA IT HAS BEEN DONE!! SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! ZETA HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN INTRODUCED TO THE LOCKE AND OCTAVE AND SELUNE ARE OFFICIALLY TOGETHER NOW!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM OKAY ONE OF MY MAIN SHIPS IS FINALLY TOGETHER YEET
DAY 15
Pull: Writing

The hooded dragon stared out of the window, in deep thought. It had been a month since the shadows had contacted him. A month he had spent procrastinating, buying time for his warrior to be trained. But now the Banescale was ready. First he would reclaim the Nocturne... then snatch the shadows’ bounty from under their noses. Surely that would show them who was boss.

“Zeta. It is time.”

A figure rose from the shadows of the deep, untamed brambles. Dark purple scales blended in with the guise of night, deadly green markings on his hide a stark reminder of the danger the Banescale posed. On his wings were etched red arrows, as sharp as the dragon’s instincts. A yellow line streaked through the dragon’s scales, a manifestation of the Light heritage that shone in his yellow eyes.

“Leader. What is your command?” His voice echoed across the thorns. This was the Reaper, the Assassin of Light. Not only was this Banescale skilled in tracking and stealth, his powers were a wonder to behold. The first time he had been trained, his light turned the night to day. Within a day, he was able to beat his mentor in combat.

There was no doubt this was a powerful dragon. Yet he seemed a mere echo of the ghosts that haunted the night, void of feeling and life. But the raw strength and aura he exuded was incredible.

And his first target was a silver Nocturne that had been plaguing his leader for a long time.
~

Octave picked up a limp bramble and wrinkled his nose. They hadn’t been able to find enough fresh prey. The only scrawny mice they could find were, without question, given to Elegy and Anima. Azrael was happy enough to eat the brambles, but Octave and Selune were suffering.

It had been easy enough to go into the tangle and find the sanctum. So why was it so hard to find the exit? Growling in frustration, Octave ripped his vine up and swallowed it in one gulp. “‘M going to hunt,” he mumbled through the disgusting mouthful of plant, and raced away into the undergrowth.

It was as he scented the air that he suddenly noticed another, very welcome smell amidst the dank stench of damp plants. Prey. If there was prey, there had to be water nearby. That meant both he and Selune would finally be able to eat proper nourishing food.

His senses keened at him, and he bounded in the direction of the scent, not caring if he scared anything else away. Getting to that animal was all that mattered to him. Octave turned a corner, flipped over a thorn tangle, and was pinned down by heavy claws.

“Leader wants you back alive. Don’t think of struggling.” Octave let out a strangled cry, and lashed his tail at the assailant. It glanced off diamond-hard scales with a clink. Twisting desperately, Octave caught sight of his attacker’s face.

Cold, hard eyes of Light. So different from Isis, yet it was undeniable that they were of the same element. The icy yellow gaze bore deep into Octave’s soul, as venom sparkled faintly on the Banescale’s fangs. “It won’t hurt. Have a good sleep.”

“No!” Octave croaked, his claws slashing wildly at any hold he got of the dragon. His vision slowly began to darken, as he suffocated in the merciless grip of the Banescale. “Stop! Stop...” His limbs lost their strength, and he crumpled in the chokehold.

The world seemed so far away. The death grip he was in just seemed like a brush of wind on his scales. Was this how he was going to die? But the Banescale said he was wanted alive... Octave feebly gasped for air. The Banescale above growled in mirth.

“Persistent one, aren’t you? Before you black out, let me tell you something.”

Octave was too weak to reply.

“My name is Zeta. It’s nice to meet you.”

And then Octave thudded to the ground as an ear-splitting screech shook the air around them.

Selune! She charged at Zeta in a oceanic blur of fury, fireflies trailing daggers of light. Zeta responded by swiping a light-infused wing at her, which halted the progression of the tidal wave that Selune had been about to send out. With a powerful flap of his wings, Zeta rolled into the sky, a sphere of light forming in his jaws.

A colossal blast of sound exploded toward Selune, the destructive force vaporising brambles around them. Selune retaliated with her own song, the two waves of sound clashing and undulating, one yellow and one pink. But it was clear Selune was outclassed, as her soundwaves slowly began to be pushed back.

Unwilling to lose, Selune sent her fireflies at Zeta, the tiny pinpricks of white light assaulting the purple dragon with quick jabs and flashes. Finally, Zeta grunted and beat his wings once, twice. A strong jet of wind scattered the fireflies everywhere, stars amongst the bramble canvas.

By the time Selune recovered, the Banescale was gone.

Octave couldn’t help but groan as he heaved himself up. Immediately, Selune’s whole demeanour changed, and she slid under his wing to prop him up. For a long time, the only sounds were the panting of the two friends. “Are you okay?” She finally asked. “I was worried when I heard sounds of a scuffle, and came here to find you strangled by a huge Banescale.”

“Are you okay? Zeta seemed pretty strong. And what about the hatchlings? Who’s guarding them?” Selune let out a weak laugh.

“I’m fine. So he was called Zeta, huh? That’s an interesting name. Pretty ancient. I wonder who gave him that name. Azrael’s entertaining the kids, they’ll be fine. I’ve been assessing Azrael and he can hold his own in battle.”

Octave snorted. That answer was so like Selune. Even for all the things in the world, he wouldn’t give her up. Slowly, hesitantly, he touched his muzzle to hers. “Thank you.” Staring into her eyes was something he would never get tired of. The blue depths called out to him, to get lost in the clear waters and never return.

“I... I care for you very much, you know.” Selune whispered, head still touching Octave’s. “Please... promise me you’ll be more careful.” Something in Octave’s heart finally melted. His last barrier. With a trembling sigh, he nuzzled deeper into her crest.

“I will. I’m sorry, Selune.” They stayed like that for a while. Just the two of them, in the ring hollowed out by light.

“I love you, Octave.” Selune’s voice had never sounded so unsure. How was it that a literal goddess like her could ever doubt that he would give his utmost affection to her? Another wave of mixed emotions swept over Octave. He knew, deep inside, that the strongest one was love.

“I love you too. Forever and ever.”

——————————————————————————————————————————
AAAAAAA IT HAS BEEN DONE!! SO MANY THINGS HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER I CAN’T BELIEVE IT! ZETA HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN INTRODUCED TO THE LOCKE AND OCTAVE AND SELUNE ARE OFFICIALLY TOGETHER NOW!!! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW EXCITED I AM OKAY ONE OF MY MAIN SHIPS IS FINALLY TOGETHER YEET

the ship has sailed!!!
the ship has sailed!!!
please buy my dragons
r7i0TKR.png
alphabet legacy
challenge
please just send private auctions.
it's a CR with half the hassle,
and with PAs we both get our stuff instantly.
YAY! THE SHIP IS CANON!!!!

Also, I don't know if I'm supposed to, because he's trying to kill our main crew and all, but I already really really like Zeta. His lines are hilarious. I love how he stops to introduce himself before 'killing' Octave.
YAY! THE SHIP IS CANON!!!!

Also, I don't know if I'm supposed to, because he's trying to kill our main crew and all, but I already really really like Zeta. His lines are hilarious. I love how he stops to introduce himself before 'killing' Octave.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@FallenEclipse

Indeed! Now to see where they’ll go hehe

@Petall

YAY!!! And yes I like Zeta too he’s a soft boi deep down :)))) he seems really murderous and all but that’s the only way he knows how to live lol he’s secretly confused at life and why he’s doing what he does
@FallenEclipse

Indeed! Now to see where they’ll go hehe

@Petall

YAY!!! And yes I like Zeta too he’s a soft boi deep down :)))) he seems really murderous and all but that’s the only way he knows how to live lol he’s secretly confused at life and why he’s doing what he does

DAY 16

Fear not, warriors of fire
Forged by flame and cooled by night
The test of time will have its way
Until one day music will become reality

Sleep in icy chains and wonder
Listen for the music of fire
Until the day when you will rise again

Then soar with majesty and newfound pride

an ancient Coatl melody

Today's chapter is a bit short, as I'm trying to rush all my holiday homework before the new year (oops). It's supposed to foretell the return of the Banescale, I think? And in my headcanons it's probably also one of the ancestral songs the first batch of modern Banescale heard.

When writing this I realised not for the first time just how bad my poetry is. Agh.
DAY 16

Fear not, warriors of fire
Forged by flame and cooled by night
The test of time will have its way
Until one day music will become reality

Sleep in icy chains and wonder
Listen for the music of fire
Until the day when you will rise again

Then soar with majesty and newfound pride

an ancient Coatl melody

Today's chapter is a bit short, as I'm trying to rush all my holiday homework before the new year (oops). It's supposed to foretell the return of the Banescale, I think? And in my headcanons it's probably also one of the ancestral songs the first batch of modern Banescale heard.

When writing this I realised not for the first time just how bad my poetry is. Agh.

the poem is pretty cool! :>
the poem is pretty cool! :>
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14 15