Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Song of Silence [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
[img]http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-ZYB9eF1r4mo/XaW82CtgkII/AAAAAAAAA8Q/duXHjNx85kcBiY0Lfo3iFFHNyrL42WvPQCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-15.png[/img] [center][font=herculanum][color=deeppink][size=5]This is a sacred land, forged from the songs of our ancestors and the spells of our dreams. This is a powerful land, woven from the primordial whispers of the future. This is a timeless land, created from the mistakes of the past. This is a dangerous land, for within lies secrets beyond the wildest of your imagination.[/center] Hello! Welcome to my first ever Pinkerlocke! As this is my first one (AKA a test run), I won’t be following all the rules. (I... already broke them. Ahem. My starting dragons totally followed the rules.) Anyways. I hope you will enjoy reading this! (Also if anyone can make better graphics than what I did please please tell me owo) I am subscribed! RULES (taken from [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162#post_1904162]here[/url]): A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be removed from the Pinkerlocke. All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. All nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot obtained daily from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile! Optional sentimental rule: If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair. Drops of Fate: Food: Coliseum time! Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure! Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there. Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore. Rare drops: Wildcards Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-16) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak 15. Gaoler 16. Banescale Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy. Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and will not join the Pinkerlocke. Battle items: Uh-oh!!! Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones. Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try to do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon! Losing: If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options 1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up 2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar 3. Just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience. Additional rule added: If the need arises, you can buy 1 dragon per month outside of familiar/apparel pulls. Yup, that’s it. Woohoo! :D PS. If anyone can make better graphics please tell me, ehehe.
2019-10-15.png

This is a sacred land, forged from the songs of our ancestors and the spells of our dreams.

This is a powerful land, woven from the primordial whispers of the future.

This is a timeless land, created from the mistakes of the past.

This is a dangerous land, for within lies secrets beyond the wildest of your imagination.

Hello! Welcome to my first ever Pinkerlocke! As this is my first one (AKA a test run), I won’t be following all the rules. (I... already broke them. Ahem. My starting dragons totally followed the rules.) Anyways. I hope you will enjoy reading this! (Also if anyone can make better graphics than what I did please please tell me owo) I am subscribed!

RULES (taken from here):

A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be removed from the Pinkerlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
All nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot obtained daily from Pinkerton's Plundered Pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-16) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak
15. Gaoler
16. Banescale

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and will not join the Pinkerlocke.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try to do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
3. Just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience.

Additional rule added: If the need arises, you can buy 1 dragon per month outside of familiar/apparel pulls.

Yup, that’s it. Woohoo! :D
PS. If anyone can make better graphics please tell me, ehehe.
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

[center][b][size=4]DAY 0[/b][/center] [center][b]Pull: Art[/b][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=72e14c45308ec91f41d206e958e35e091c6c852d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] Trees and ground blurred before him as he ran, ran, ran. All he wanted was to escape. He couldn't stay on anymore. Not when they were using him for evil. Nearby, he heard the growl of a predator. Quickly, he replicated the sound and the sound of crunching leaves on top of him disappeared. [i]Faster. Faster. I need to be faster.[/i] His mindless charge into the woods eventually came to a halt when he crashed into another pale dragon. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=265695&did=55993904][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=16&auth=0b67c4b5e3068f7d1727630f676892d9ae0a60df&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] With a startled hiss, the other dragon stumbled away. He yelped and did the same. But what happened next was totally unexpected, even for him. The young Coatl fixed their piercing blue gaze on him, and opened their mouth. From it emitted a strange, haunting siren song. Enraptured by the beautiful song, he failed to notice his limbs moving of their own accord. When he came to his senses, he was already back-pedalling towards a dark cave, where he would surely meet some ferocious predator. "Wait!" he cried. "I'm not going to hurt you!" The words took great effort to force out. He wasn't in control of his body anymore. The other dragon blinked their startling blue eyes, and suddenly the song stopped. He crashed to the ground, unable to stop the sudden momentum. When he looked up, the Coatl was looking at him with an undecipherable expression. "You are the first to have resisted my song. Who are you?" The young Nocturne blinked. He couldn't remember. It had been so long... [i]"Octave... my sweet, sweet child..."[/i] His mother - the memories - how long had it been? "Octave. I'm Octave." He muttered quietly, drawing his wings closer to himself. "Selune. I apologise for using my song on you. I thought you were a threat." Selune intoned gently. Her voice was as soothing as her song. Octave made a noise of acknowledgement, as she continued speaking. "Why were you in such a hurry?" "... there were... they wanted... to use me... no, no... not me... my power, for their own nefarious deeds." Octave whispered, scenes where he had been forced to do things he didn't want resurfacing. Selune's gaze softened, and she covered his claws with her own paw. "So that's what happened." She went quiet for a while, and Octave felt like he should say something to break the awkward silence that had descended upon him. "I... I have always yearned to see the sea. I know I was born there. But ever since I can remember, I've been here..." "I'll take you there. One day. I promise." Octave vowed, eyes alight with determination. Selune seemed nice. Surely she meant no harm. Besides, he needed friends, and the young Coatl seemed a good place to start. Opposite him, she smiled. A new journey had begun. [center]~~~[/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] With a gentle caress, she coaxed the bud out of its slumber. Light cascaded from her claws, flowing into the flower. Petals began to open, each suffused with the ethereal, glowing light that permeated the chamber. Her job done, she turned to her latest project. Sheer light gossamer was spun out of thin air by nimble claws. The whole air was overflowing with brilliance, as the dazzle of the sheet of luminescence spread to the flora in the clearing. Slowly, the blue Skydancer laid the barrier at the entrance, where it quickly fizzled out into thin air. In its place a slight glow remained, a subtle reminder of the exceptionally powerful protective magic cast. A small light messenger returned to her outstretched claws, dissipating into sparkles and returning to the gem on her forehead. It left behind a moving picture of two hatchlings wandering through a glade vaguely familiar to her. It had been a very long time since the Skydancer had been outside her chamber. But she knew for sure that they were heading towards her. Despite herself, she was curious about the two. They seemed... different. Perhaps she would actually step out of her self-imposed exile and get back in touch with the outside world. But... no. She couldn't risk it happening again. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [center]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323#post_40993217]next[/url] | [size=2]@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye[/center] It's started! I'm so excited :) today, the first three characters were introduced, what do you think? I love all my dragons, honestly. Octave was a planned buy. I wanted a Coatl so I was browsing for females (after all, Octave's a male) and found Selune! Skydancers look like mysterious dragons to me so I searched for a female (because why not) and found Isis with her awesome colours! Update (19/10): The art is done. Yeet. [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3MF0APK_RhA/XasxivgoyRI/AAAAAAAAA8c/sZZx62KDdbUzENz_Ghstx7FDLa5H_p2VgCK8BGAsYHg/s0/2019-10-19.png[/img]
DAY 0
Pull: Art
dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=72e14c45308ec91f41d206e958e35e091c6c852d&dummyext=prev.png

Trees and ground blurred before him as he ran, ran, ran. All he wanted was to escape. He couldn't stay on anymore. Not when they were using him for evil. Nearby, he heard the growl of a predator. Quickly, he replicated the sound and the sound of crunching leaves on top of him disappeared.

Faster.

Faster.

I need to be faster.

His mindless charge into the woods eventually came to a halt when he crashed into another pale dragon.
dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=16&auth=0b67c4b5e3068f7d1727630f676892d9ae0a60df&dummyext=prev.png

With a startled hiss, the other dragon stumbled away. He yelped and did the same. But what happened next was totally unexpected, even for him. The young Coatl fixed their piercing blue gaze on him, and opened their mouth. From it emitted a strange, haunting siren song.

Enraptured by the beautiful song, he failed to notice his limbs moving of their own accord. When he came to his senses, he was already back-pedalling towards a dark cave, where he would surely meet some ferocious predator. "Wait!" he cried. "I'm not going to hurt you!"

The words took great effort to force out. He wasn't in control of his body anymore. The other dragon blinked their startling blue eyes, and suddenly the song stopped. He crashed to the ground, unable to stop the sudden momentum. When he looked up, the Coatl was looking at him with an undecipherable expression.

"You are the first to have resisted my song. Who are you?" The young Nocturne blinked. He couldn't remember. It had been so long...

"Octave... my sweet, sweet child..." His mother - the memories - how long had it been?

"Octave. I'm Octave." He muttered quietly, drawing his wings closer to himself.

"Selune. I apologise for using my song on you. I thought you were a threat." Selune intoned gently. Her voice was as soothing as her song. Octave made a noise of acknowledgement, as she continued speaking. "Why were you in such a hurry?"

"... there were... they wanted... to use me... no, no... not me... my power, for their own nefarious deeds." Octave whispered, scenes where he had been forced to do things he didn't want resurfacing. Selune's gaze softened, and she covered his claws with her own paw.

"So that's what happened." She went quiet for a while, and Octave felt like he should say something to break the awkward silence that had descended upon him. "I... I have always yearned to see the sea. I know I was born there. But ever since I can remember, I've been here..."

"I'll take you there. One day. I promise." Octave vowed, eyes alight with determination. Selune seemed nice. Surely she meant no harm. Besides, he needed friends, and the young Coatl seemed a good place to start. Opposite him, she smiled.

A new journey had begun.
~~~
dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png

With a gentle caress, she coaxed the bud out of its slumber. Light cascaded from her claws, flowing into the flower. Petals began to open, each suffused with the ethereal, glowing light that permeated the chamber. Her job done, she turned to her latest project.

Sheer light gossamer was spun out of thin air by nimble claws. The whole air was overflowing with brilliance, as the dazzle of the sheet of luminescence spread to the flora in the clearing. Slowly, the blue Skydancer laid the barrier at the entrance, where it quickly fizzled out into thin air. In its place a slight glow remained, a subtle reminder of the exceptionally powerful protective magic cast.

A small light messenger returned to her outstretched claws, dissipating into sparkles and returning to the gem on her forehead. It left behind a moving picture of two hatchlings wandering through a glade vaguely familiar to her. It had been a very long time since the Skydancer had been outside her chamber. But she knew for sure that they were heading towards her.

Despite herself, she was curious about the two. They seemed... different. Perhaps she would actually step out of her self-imposed exile and get back in touch with the outside world. But... no.

She couldn't risk it happening again.

It's started! I'm so excited :) today, the first three characters were introduced, what do you think? I love all my dragons, honestly. Octave was a planned buy. I wanted a Coatl so I was browsing for females (after all, Octave's a male) and found Selune! Skydancers look like mysterious dragons to me so I searched for a female (because why not) and found Isis with her awesome colours!

Update (19/10): The art is done. Yeet.
2019-10-19.png

@Tirtouga678

Oh my goodness, this is such an amazing start!!! I love all the characters so much already!!! :D :D :D :D :D
@Tirtouga678

Oh my goodness, this is such an amazing start!!! I love all the characters so much already!!! :D :D :D :D :D
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Thank you :D I love all of them!! (Also, I spent way too long on the art and it’s still not ready. Wow me.)
@Petall

Thank you :D I love all of them!! (Also, I spent way too long on the art and it’s still not ready. Wow me.)

[center][b][size=4]DAY 1[/b][/center] [center][b]Pull: Writing[/b][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=72e14c45308ec91f41d206e958e35e091c6c852d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=265695&did=55993904][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=16&auth=0b67c4b5e3068f7d1727630f676892d9ae0a60df&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] The two hatchlings journeyed in silence. Long exhausted from his previous running, Octave trailed behind the ever-stoic Selune. Her butterfly wings glinted under the sunlight that filtered down into the leaves, fireflies casting a white glow upon the earth around them. "Just a question..." Octave piped up, as an afterthought. "Where are we going?" "..." "WHAAAAAT? You don't know where we're going?" "..." "..." Octave snorted in a mixture of laughter and annoyance. Selune shrugged, the slightest trace of guilt barely noticeable on her features. "Oh, fine, let's just go in that cave there, maybe there's some big puddle of water you can splash around in," the silver Nocturne sarcastically called, surprised to find that his companion did indeed follow him into the darkness. The black, inky silence seemed to swallow him whole. Even the peacock markings on his wings that he could normally coax a faint glow out of failed to show. The only pinpricks of light were the small darting blurs of white that, for some reason, followed Selune everywhere. It was suffocating. He couldn't breathe. How long more would this last? [center]~~~[/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] Her antenna began to tremble, as for the first time in what seemed like decades she picked up other dragons' energy signatures. The hatchlings were getting close, and she was still stuck at her quandary. To go out and meet them, and stop barricading herself away from basic dragon interaction... or to send her monsters out after them, driving them away for good? They had to be protected from her. She couldn't risk their lives, not after she had broken all trust... ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [center]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323/1#post_40981685]previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323#post_41010446]next[/url] | [size=2]@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye[/center] Whoop Day 1 is here. I'm ignoring the art pull for today because I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED YESTERDAY'S ONE?!?!?!?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE Edit: Mmm, Pink mislabelled the item. It's actually a material... oof. aNyWAyS, it seems our three main characters are finally gonna meet, huh?
DAY 1
Pull: Writing
dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=72e14c45308ec91f41d206e958e35e091c6c852d&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=16&auth=0b67c4b5e3068f7d1727630f676892d9ae0a60df&dummyext=prev.png

The two hatchlings journeyed in silence. Long exhausted from his previous running, Octave trailed behind the ever-stoic Selune. Her butterfly wings glinted under the sunlight that filtered down into the leaves, fireflies casting a white glow upon the earth around them. "Just a question..." Octave piped up, as an afterthought.

"Where are we going?"

"..."

"WHAAAAAT? You don't know where we're going?"

"..."

"..."

Octave snorted in a mixture of laughter and annoyance. Selune shrugged, the slightest trace of guilt barely noticeable on her features. "Oh, fine, let's just go in that cave there, maybe there's some big puddle of water you can splash around in," the silver Nocturne sarcastically called, surprised to find that his companion did indeed follow him into the darkness.

The black, inky silence seemed to swallow him whole. Even the peacock markings on his wings that he could normally coax a faint glow out of failed to show. The only pinpricks of light were the small darting blurs of white that, for some reason, followed Selune everywhere.

It was suffocating.

He couldn't breathe.

How long more would this last?
~~~
dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png

Her antenna began to tremble, as for the first time in what seemed like decades she picked up other dragons' energy signatures. The hatchlings were getting close, and she was still stuck at her quandary. To go out and meet them, and stop barricading herself away from basic dragon interaction... or to send her monsters out after them, driving them away for good?

They had to be protected from her.

She couldn't risk their lives, not after she had broken all trust...

Whoop Day 1 is here. I'm ignoring the art pull for today because I STILL HAVEN'T FINISHED YESTERDAY'S ONE?!?!?!?! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE
Edit: Mmm, Pink mislabelled the item. It's actually a material... oof.

aNyWAyS, it seems our three main characters are finally gonna meet, huh?

@Tirtouga678

OOOOOOO I AM VERY MUCH INTRIGUED BY THAT SKYDANCER!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO LEARN MORE!!!!
@Tirtouga678

OOOOOOO I AM VERY MUCH INTRIGUED BY THAT SKYDANCER!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO LEARN MORE!!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

I AM INTRIGUED BY HER TOO
THAT'S KINDA WHY I BOUGHT HER BUT BESIDE THE POINT
I HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO OHOHOHOHO
@Petall

I AM INTRIGUED BY HER TOO
THAT'S KINDA WHY I BOUGHT HER BUT BESIDE THE POINT
I HAVE SOME IDEAS FOR WHERE THIS IS GOING TO GO OHOHOHOHO

[center][b][size=4]DAY 2[/b][/center] [center][b]Pull: Writing[/b][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=147&bodygene=24&breed=13&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=136&tertgene=17&winggene=25&wings=136&auth=08a60b5538a6dc600ed03ec9bbfcf5495744b759&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] They were getting closer. Her gem seemed to fill her mind with swirling images of the two hatchlings, as their pure, untainted souls ventured deeper and deeper into the darkness that led to her home. She [i]couldn't[/i] let them meet, or even see her - yet she yearned so much for actual, dragon company. Honestly, even being worshipped was better than this eternal solitude. Sighing, Isis got to her claws. The opal that had frozen over some of her scales glimmered in the light, a cold reminder of things long past. Her wings stretched out fully for the first time in a long while, and for a moment she was reminded of what her life used to be. [i]No. Now is not the time. Focus.[/i] Isis turned and stepped out of the clearing. [center]~~~[/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=2&bodygene=17&breed=11&element=1&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=127&tertgene=24&winggene=17&wings=6&auth=72e14c45308ec91f41d206e958e35e091c6c852d&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=265695&did=55993904][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=74&bodygene=1&breed=12&element=4&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=2&tertgene=22&winggene=13&wings=16&auth=0b67c4b5e3068f7d1727630f676892d9ae0a60df&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Honestly, do you even have any idea where I'm leading you?" Octave called behind him. There was silence. "Hey!" The fireflies were gone. "Selune!" No sound of breathing. "SELUNE!" Octave grew frantic. He desperately willed his peacock runes to glow, as his brown eyes flitted around in the darkness, attempting to spot the tiny pinpricks of light he had grown to associate with his companion. "Boo." Octave let out a shriek so loud that he was sure it would have reached the ears of the Arcanist high in his tower above. Behind him stood a smiling Selune, fireflies having regained their glow. Fuming, the silver Nocturne glared at the Coatl. "Don't ever scare me like that again!" he snapped, only to be met with a smile and apologetic shrug. The scare over, the two continued wandering, this time Selune leading the way after Octave insisted he "couldn't trust her not to just wander away again". By now, the darkness was so oppressive it felt like it was trying to smother the white flame of the fireflies. At moments, neither of them were sure that they were even moving forward and not back to where they came from, but they pressed on nonetheless. Neither of them knew why, exactly, they continued to travel along the murky black path. Why couldn't they have just turned back and gone into the forest? But somehow, they felt a pull deep in their soul. A silent call to return home. And so they did. [center]~~~[/center] Isis walked through the tunnels that she herself had created. Travelling amidst one's own creation was slightly unnerving, as the cold stone seemed to have lost the trace of magic that subtly hummed under her claws, signifying the tunnel as her work of art. But the magic of the hatchlings sang to her, and quickening her pace she hastened toward the flare of pure brown and blue. The two hatchlings seemed even more childlike than they had seemed in the messenger's captured scene. Barely more than a few moons old, the Nocturne seemed - the Coatl slightly younger. How much bravery did they possess, to wander the dark labyrinth for as long as it had took her to decide to meet them? More still, how strong was the pull that she had created so long ago? "Hello." she whispered. Her voice seemed hoarse from disuse. It had been so long since she had heard herself talk. The hatchlings squawked in terror, scrambling away from her even though they could not see a thing. Then she let her light flicker to life. Purple constellations etched themselves into her scales, and her feathers shone with the brilliant glory of turquoise stones. Her eyes regained their brilliant Lightborn lustre and there she was, standing in all her glory in front of the terrified hatchlings. "I've been watching you for a while. You've been wandering here for quite sometime, haven't you? My name is Isis. Follow me." "How do we know we can trust you?" The Coatl spoke levelly, voice not betraying any emotion. "I could have killed the two of you right there and then, but I didn't. If that doesn't prove enough, then suit yourselves." Isis sighed. So much for trying to interact with others of her kind again. "Alright then. I'm Octave, and she's Selune," the silver Nocturne declared. Isis nodded, and turned to leave. As she made her way back to her dwelling, she felt the atmosphere change. Just the mere presence of the two hatchlings made so much difference in her life. What more would they bring, in times to come? ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [center]| [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323/1#post_40993217]previous[/url] | [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2766323/2#post_41022804]next[/url] | [size=2]@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye[/center] AND THEY FINALLY MEET YAAAAAAYYY!!! Octave and Selune are all grown up now, but for lore purposes (no one grows up that fast!) they're still babies/young teens. Also, I finally finished the art from Day 0. Wow. I still can't believe how long it took. Originally I was gonna do a fullbody of Isis tending to the flower or something in her glade but Isis alone took too much time and I gave up and just did a headshot instead. Whoops.
DAY 2
Pull: Writing

They were getting closer. Her gem seemed to fill her mind with swirling images of the two hatchlings, as their pure, untainted souls ventured deeper and deeper into the darkness that led to her home. She couldn't let them meet, or even see her - yet she yearned so much for actual, dragon company.

Honestly, even being worshipped was better than this eternal solitude.

Sighing, Isis got to her claws. The opal that had frozen over some of her scales glimmered in the light, a cold reminder of things long past. Her wings stretched out fully for the first time in a long while, and for a moment she was reminded of what her life used to be.

No. Now is not the time. Focus.

Isis turned and stepped out of the clearing.
~~~

"Honestly, do you even have any idea where I'm leading you?" Octave called behind him. There was silence. "Hey!" The fireflies were gone. "Selune!" No sound of breathing.

"SELUNE!"

Octave grew frantic. He desperately willed his peacock runes to glow, as his brown eyes flitted around in the darkness, attempting to spot the tiny pinpricks of light he had grown to associate with his companion.

"Boo."

Octave let out a shriek so loud that he was sure it would have reached the ears of the Arcanist high in his tower above. Behind him stood a smiling Selune, fireflies having regained their glow. Fuming, the silver Nocturne glared at the Coatl. "Don't ever scare me like that again!" he snapped, only to be met with a smile and apologetic shrug.

The scare over, the two continued wandering, this time Selune leading the way after Octave insisted he "couldn't trust her not to just wander away again". By now, the darkness was so oppressive it felt like it was trying to smother the white flame of the fireflies. At moments, neither of them were sure that they were even moving forward and not back to where they came from, but they pressed on nonetheless.

Neither of them knew why, exactly, they continued to travel along the murky black path. Why couldn't they have just turned back and gone into the forest? But somehow, they felt a pull deep in their soul. A silent call to return home.

And so they did.
~~~

Isis walked through the tunnels that she herself had created. Travelling amidst one's own creation was slightly unnerving, as the cold stone seemed to have lost the trace of magic that subtly hummed under her claws, signifying the tunnel as her work of art. But the magic of the hatchlings sang to her, and quickening her pace she hastened toward the flare of pure brown and blue.

The two hatchlings seemed even more childlike than they had seemed in the messenger's captured scene. Barely more than a few moons old, the Nocturne seemed - the Coatl slightly younger. How much bravery did they possess, to wander the dark labyrinth for as long as it had took her to decide to meet them?

More still, how strong was the pull that she had created so long ago?

"Hello." she whispered. Her voice seemed hoarse from disuse. It had been so long since she had heard herself talk. The hatchlings squawked in terror, scrambling away from her even though they could not see a thing. Then she let her light flicker to life.

Purple constellations etched themselves into her scales, and her feathers shone with the brilliant glory of turquoise stones. Her eyes regained their brilliant Lightborn lustre and there she was, standing in all her glory in front of the terrified hatchlings.

"I've been watching you for a while. You've been wandering here for quite sometime, haven't you? My name is Isis. Follow me."

"How do we know we can trust you?" The Coatl spoke levelly, voice not betraying any emotion.

"I could have killed the two of you right there and then, but I didn't. If that doesn't prove enough, then suit yourselves." Isis sighed. So much for trying to interact with others of her kind again.

"Alright then. I'm Octave, and she's Selune," the silver Nocturne declared. Isis nodded, and turned to leave. As she made her way back to her dwelling, she felt the atmosphere change. Just the mere presence of the two hatchlings made so much difference in her life. What more would they bring, in times to come?

AND THEY FINALLY MEET YAAAAAAYYY!!! Octave and Selune are all grown up now, but for lore purposes (no one grows up that fast!) they're still babies/young teens. Also, I finally finished the art from Day 0. Wow. I still can't believe how long it took. Originally I was gonna do a fullbody of Isis tending to the flower or something in her glade but Isis alone took too much time and I gave up and just did a headshot instead. Whoops.

@Tirtouga678

Eyyy! The team's all together now! Now things really get interesting!!!
@Tirtouga678

Eyyy! The team's all together now! Now things really get interesting!!!
@Petall

Yes!!
@Petall

Yes!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15