Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | A Song of Silence [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
@SkyofStars

Of course! I'm glad you're enjoying this :)
@SkyofStars

Of course! I'm glad you're enjoying this :)
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Aetherstorm @SkyofStars Heyyo guys! I haven't forgotten about this locke, I promise! I'm really sorry for the lack of posts these few months and I thought I should at least give y'all a quick update. Due to ahem ahem ahem the virus, our school schedule's been disrupted, so ever since June-July ish I've been having pretty much non-stop exams. So I've not had much time to write D: The good news is, I can tell you what's been planned for the locke, which will tie into my clan lore. I'm planning to do a clan reboot once I can yeet my entire existing clan into the Hibernal Den. To accompany the reset, I will be launching my very own lore thread, and the lore of my new clan will be heavily tied to the other story that I'm currently writing with my friend. (it's helping me with my writer's block, but not by much unfortunately) How is A Song of Silence related to this then? <SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT> [spoiler]The end of the locke will see some surviving dragons join the new clan.[/spoiler] I will still be updating this locke, but I haven't yet figured out where its timeline stands alongside my main clan timeline, nor how the story is going to lead up to the climax, so updates will be sporadic until I can get those sorted out. In the meantime, if you're bored and have nothing to read I recommend going through the other story thread I have in my sig (literally called story thread) to find out the other parts of my new clan lore. (shameless self-advertisement but welp) Yeah, I think that's about all I have so far. If you have any questions whatsoever feel free to post in this thread! I'm subscribed, and don't get a lot of notifs, so I should reply pretty quickly. Thanks a bunch for sticking with this locke and my slightly shaky writing, and I hope y'all are staying safe wherever you are <3 [img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-zumOze3notg/X2cM3-rAE9I/AAAAAAAAAN8/PrLaPH9-QE00FOGfxl0RBsMBRpu1PSO2ACK8BGAsYHg/s0/2020-09-20.jpg[/img]
@Petall @Starwindrider @ShinyDecidueye @REEEEEEEEEEEEEE @Aetherstorm @SkyofStars

Heyyo guys! I haven't forgotten about this locke, I promise! I'm really sorry for the lack of posts these few months and I thought I should at least give y'all a quick update.

Due to ahem ahem ahem the virus, our school schedule's been disrupted, so ever since June-July ish I've been having pretty much non-stop exams. So I've not had much time to write D:

The good news is, I can tell you what's been planned for the locke, which will tie into my clan lore. I'm planning to do a clan reboot once I can yeet my entire existing clan into the Hibernal Den. To accompany the reset, I will be launching my very own lore thread, and the lore of my new clan will be heavily tied to the other story that I'm currently writing with my friend. (it's helping me with my writer's block, but not by much unfortunately)

How is A Song of Silence related to this then? <SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT> The end of the locke will see some surviving dragons join the new clan. I will still be updating this locke, but I haven't yet figured out where its timeline stands alongside my main clan timeline, nor how the story is going to lead up to the climax, so updates will be sporadic until I can get those sorted out. In the meantime, if you're bored and have nothing to read I recommend going through the other story thread I have in my sig (literally called story thread) to find out the other parts of my new clan lore. (shameless self-advertisement but welp)

Yeah, I think that's about all I have so far. If you have any questions whatsoever feel free to post in this thread! I'm subscribed, and don't get a lot of notifs, so I should reply pretty quickly. Thanks a bunch for sticking with this locke and my slightly shaky writing, and I hope y'all are staying safe wherever you are <3

2020-09-20.jpg

DAY ???

There was nothing but the sound of running water. Blooms of light flickered amidst the desolate landscape, transient beauty mimicking the fleeting riches of its history.

If one looked closely, perhaps they would see a shred of parchment, a shard of bone - the only remnants of a glorious civilisation. The trees grew great and gnarled, sheltering and concealing a structure not unlike a shrine. That was where everything began, and where everything ended.

Amidst the shadows, images danced to life, tricks of the light that had birthed them, and destroyed them. An almost-transparent bazaar seemed to be teeming with dragons and familiars alike, a thin stream of travellers breaking away from the crowd and heading towards the shrine.

For a moment, filled with mirages and ghosts of the past, the clearing seemed to have regained its former splendour. Then as soon as the images appeared, they vanished, swallowed by a bright, consuming light. New dreams took their places, a family of Nocturnes and Coatls, a group of Banescales, and a pair of Skydancers who made the very earth bow down before their might.

The shrine filled with dark, brooding shadows, each vengeful spirit lurking behind ruined columns, in dusty alcoves. Deep in the caves, a nascent clan sheltered, before it too was crushed by the seeds of war. The dragons fought. They waged a bitter war against the Shade and its legion of ghosts, and the sky was filled with crackles of magic and the howls of unfulfilled dreams, shattered lives.

Some died that day. Some fled. At the very end, the pair of Skydancers faced each other again. In their past lives, they had been friends, perhaps bordering feelings that toed the line of friendship. But in their final moments they stood as bitter rivals, one still harbouring her curse of light, one wielding flames that scorched obsidian wrath onto himself. There was a great struggle, a climactic battle. Many tears were shed. Blood stained the yellowed marble of the sanctum. Days turned to nights, and nights to days, until their battle had spanned time enough to rival the stars in the sky. Still they fought, one fueled by the unholy power of the Shade and the other a desire to break her companion out of his possession.

The sands of time wore by, and as they continued to battle in a warped reality, the world gradually forgot about them. The landscape healed, and as generations passed in the blink of an eye, only the seer of light remained to remember them. Finally, like two fading stars they went out, mournful supernovae imploding and scattering their dying breaths across the fabric of space.

There was nothing left to remember. There was nothing left to cling on to. So the landscape faded, relinquished its former beauty for a veil of ashes, until all that was left was the song of silence.

Well. Um. This was a long journey. It's been slightly over a year since I started this Pinkerlocke, and it's remained one of the works I'm really fond of. Unfortunately, I have to announce with a heavy heart that I'm ending A Song of Silence. I don't know whether it was a general lack of inspiration or just a severed connection with the characters, but I gradually lost the will to continue updating this. I'm very sorry to disappoint whoever is still sticking around, and I hope this final chapter brought some closure to the yet unfinished story threads. If you want to continue discussing the story, feel free to hit me up via PMs, and if you want to read more, I'd point you to the "story thread" part in my sig, Lost and Found.

It's been a wild but amazing ride with y'all, and although this story may have been discontinued it will always live on in my heart. :") Thank you for all your support and I hope that wherever you are, you're all keeping safe! <3
DAY ???

There was nothing but the sound of running water. Blooms of light flickered amidst the desolate landscape, transient beauty mimicking the fleeting riches of its history.

If one looked closely, perhaps they would see a shred of parchment, a shard of bone - the only remnants of a glorious civilisation. The trees grew great and gnarled, sheltering and concealing a structure not unlike a shrine. That was where everything began, and where everything ended.

Amidst the shadows, images danced to life, tricks of the light that had birthed them, and destroyed them. An almost-transparent bazaar seemed to be teeming with dragons and familiars alike, a thin stream of travellers breaking away from the crowd and heading towards the shrine.

For a moment, filled with mirages and ghosts of the past, the clearing seemed to have regained its former splendour. Then as soon as the images appeared, they vanished, swallowed by a bright, consuming light. New dreams took their places, a family of Nocturnes and Coatls, a group of Banescales, and a pair of Skydancers who made the very earth bow down before their might.

The shrine filled with dark, brooding shadows, each vengeful spirit lurking behind ruined columns, in dusty alcoves. Deep in the caves, a nascent clan sheltered, before it too was crushed by the seeds of war. The dragons fought. They waged a bitter war against the Shade and its legion of ghosts, and the sky was filled with crackles of magic and the howls of unfulfilled dreams, shattered lives.

Some died that day. Some fled. At the very end, the pair of Skydancers faced each other again. In their past lives, they had been friends, perhaps bordering feelings that toed the line of friendship. But in their final moments they stood as bitter rivals, one still harbouring her curse of light, one wielding flames that scorched obsidian wrath onto himself. There was a great struggle, a climactic battle. Many tears were shed. Blood stained the yellowed marble of the sanctum. Days turned to nights, and nights to days, until their battle had spanned time enough to rival the stars in the sky. Still they fought, one fueled by the unholy power of the Shade and the other a desire to break her companion out of his possession.

The sands of time wore by, and as they continued to battle in a warped reality, the world gradually forgot about them. The landscape healed, and as generations passed in the blink of an eye, only the seer of light remained to remember them. Finally, like two fading stars they went out, mournful supernovae imploding and scattering their dying breaths across the fabric of space.

There was nothing left to remember. There was nothing left to cling on to. So the landscape faded, relinquished its former beauty for a veil of ashes, until all that was left was the song of silence.

Well. Um. This was a long journey. It's been slightly over a year since I started this Pinkerlocke, and it's remained one of the works I'm really fond of. Unfortunately, I have to announce with a heavy heart that I'm ending A Song of Silence. I don't know whether it was a general lack of inspiration or just a severed connection with the characters, but I gradually lost the will to continue updating this. I'm very sorry to disappoint whoever is still sticking around, and I hope this final chapter brought some closure to the yet unfinished story threads. If you want to continue discussing the story, feel free to hit me up via PMs, and if you want to read more, I'd point you to the "story thread" part in my sig, Lost and Found.

It's been a wild but amazing ride with y'all, and although this story may have been discontinued it will always live on in my heart. :") Thank you for all your support and I hope that wherever you are, you're all keeping safe! <3

1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15