Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Subspecies] Necromancer Art&Lore
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
I wrote a small drabble about my wraith Lorelai's thoughts towards Necromancer Councilor Neveah over here if anyone would like to give it a read <3
I wrote a small drabble about my wraith Lorelai's thoughts towards Necromancer Councilor Neveah over here if anyone would like to give it a read <3
xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
sH4AnLI.png
CK | she/they | FR + 1
Wishlist
Quest Log
Trading Post
xxxxx
Stars Defied: A Necromancer Lineage - Link
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @elysifish @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @spore @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @thevvitch @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=293986][size=6][color=maroon]ichorApotheosis'[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Yamanu[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/72631658][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=72631658&skin=0&apparel=6705,25217,284,25218,29231,37393,754&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [left][color=maroon] Chimes and string are the chorus of the fairground. He is no stranger to this setting, where he can disappear at a moment's notice. He isn't the only one in jester attire, after all. It is part of why Yamanu seeks to melt into the clamoring anarchy. No rules. No identity. All of dragon kind is split in two; the performer, and the spectator. He excels at entertaining fools. Had been entertaining them all his life, but at least here, it is expected. Still, it is no injury to his pride if no one stops to watch him. Today, someone does. After completing a slight of hand- a simple feathers into card trick- Yamanu finds an adolescent stood before his podium of rocks. Comically, the child has one foot raised ever so slightly, as if unaware they were heading somewhere before this. "Do I have your attention?" he asks with mirth, taking a short bow. The pearlcatcher bristles before righting themselves again. "You aren't a part of a troupe," she speaks up, jerking her chin towards him. "I am not," he agrees. "Not a performer either. Just like the atmosphere." "Mm." She looks him over once more, holding her pearl to her chest. "What do you do, then?" "Anything. Everything. Life was made to experience all that it is, unbarred and unashamed." "You sound like a rogue," she grouses. "Oh? Do I not sound free?" Yamanu leers closer, a twisting shadow obscuring the summer's sun, "wouldn't you want to be wholly yourself?" The girl says nothing. She doesn't have to, when he can tell she's avoiding his eyes. "If you take any advice of mine," he twists the card into a flower, and presents it to her with a flourish, "you are the king of your destiny, little lion. Nothing and no one can take that from you." Slowly, as if suspecting touching it will shock her fingers, the girl retrieves the flower from his grasp. Her exit is lazy, mechanical; the walk of a distracted mind. It matters not if she heeds his words, at the end of the day. With a snap of his tail, he has already vanished into the crowd. [left][color=maroon]by ichorApotheosis[/color][/left]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

Chimes and string are the chorus of the fairground. He is no stranger to this setting, where he can disappear at a moment's notice. He isn't the only one in jester attire, after all.

It is part of why Yamanu seeks to melt into the clamoring anarchy. No rules. No identity. All of dragon kind is split in two; the performer, and the spectator. He excels at entertaining fools. Had been entertaining them all his life, but at least here, it is expected. Still, it is no injury to his pride if no one stops to watch him.

Today, someone does. After completing a slight of hand- a simple feathers into card trick- Yamanu finds an adolescent stood before his podium of rocks. Comically, the child has one foot raised ever so slightly, as if unaware they were heading somewhere before this.

"Do I have your attention?" he asks with mirth, taking a short bow. The pearlcatcher bristles before righting themselves again.

"You aren't a part of a troupe," she speaks up, jerking her chin towards him.

"I am not," he agrees. "Not a performer either. Just like the atmosphere."

"Mm." She looks him over once more, holding her pearl to her chest. "What do you do, then?"

"Anything. Everything. Life was made to experience all that it is, unbarred and unashamed."

"You sound like a rogue," she grouses.

"Oh? Do I not sound free?" Yamanu leers closer, a twisting shadow obscuring the summer's sun, "wouldn't you want to be wholly yourself?"

The girl says nothing. She doesn't have to, when he can tell she's avoiding his eyes.

"If you take any advice of mine," he twists the card into a flower, and presents it to her with a flourish, "you are the king of your destiny, little lion. Nothing and no one can take that from you."

Slowly, as if suspecting touching it will shock her fingers, the girl retrieves the flower from his grasp. Her exit is lazy, mechanical; the walk of a distracted mind. It matters not if she heeds his words, at the end of the day. With a snap of his tail, he has already vanished into the crowd.

by ichorApotheosis
@counterklock Lorelai/Neveah OTP [emoji=mirror love size=1] Thank you so much for sharing their story! That was the absolute saddest/sweetest. I am a firm champion of Good Things for Wraiths. I love seeing how a different Necro/Wraith relationship can go, and seeing a Necro devoted to quiet research [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@counterklock Lorelai/Neveah OTP

Thank you so much for sharing their story! That was the absolute saddest/sweetest. I am a firm champion of Good Things for Wraiths. I love seeing how a different Necro/Wraith relationship can go, and seeing a Necro devoted to quiet research
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@ichorApotheosis Oh I love ichorApotheosis! What an interesting character, I've never read about a Wraith like him before. Thank you so much for sharing his story! I'm a bit behind on the main post Necro Spotlight because of recent travels but I will add him there in a few days!
@ichorApotheosis Oh I love ichorApotheosis! What an interesting character, I've never read about a Wraith like him before. Thank you so much for sharing his story! I'm a bit behind on the main post Necro Spotlight because of recent travels but I will add him there in a few days!
@
@
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @elysifish @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @spore @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @thevvitch @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=583377][size=6][color=maroon]LouCat's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Ahucilia[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71136195][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/711362/71136195_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [left][color=maroon] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/OSuiqjo.png[/img][/center] [color=maroon][i]She's not a violent dragon. Just usually so absorbed into her work that when her nagging husband comes around, incessantly inquiring about random trinkets or sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, she does tend to get...'snappy' at him.. How on earth they're still married is beyond me.[/i] [color=maroon]-Lucille, Druzhar's Servus and Ahucilia's pupil

plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

OSuiqjo.png

She's not a violent dragon. Just usually so absorbed into her work that when her nagging husband comes around, incessantly inquiring about random trinkets or sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, she does tend to get...'snappy' at him..
How on earth they're still married is beyond me.

-Lucille, Druzhar's Servus and Ahucilia's pupil
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @elysifish @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @spore @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @thevvitch @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi [/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=142004][size=6][color=maroon]Wyldangel's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Lunate[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/64763731][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/647638/64763731_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/819873939857211412/922070224424026122/Lunate.png[/img][/center] [color=maroon] Ghosts of the Abiding Boneyard: Lunate It was a lark, a game. The young Wind dragons would dare each other to more and more extreme stunts. To fly upwards until you couldn’t breathe, to dive into the Unnamed Sea until the light was gone. She was called something else, her name a cocoon she would soon shed. She boasted she would go to the Necromantic Trials, come back a master of the PlagueMother’s gifts. Bags packed for the 23 days, she set off laughing and waving to her friends. She did not return. The Wyrmwound was in sight of her camp, the air hazy with its fumes even from a distance. Born on the gentle breezy steppes she felt the miasma burning her lungs from the beginning. It only grew worse. Feverish and eaten up with regrets she lost herself in the Abiding Boneyard. That was where he found her, golden eyes shining with mad wisdom. He cured her with a curse, the starved whispers eating at her mind until nothing was left but the bones of who she had been. She was his left hand, his creation, and mate. Now they hunt together, bone and ash colors suited to their bleak home. It doesn’t matter where they are, for they were lost long ago. [left][color=maroon]by Wyldangel[/color][/left]

plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

Ghosts of the Abiding Boneyard: Lunate

It was a lark, a game. The young Wind dragons would dare each other to more and more extreme stunts. To fly upwards until you couldn’t breathe, to dive into the Unnamed Sea until the light was gone. She was called something else, her name a cocoon she would soon shed. She boasted she would go to the Necromantic Trials, come back a master of the PlagueMother’s gifts. Bags packed for the 23 days, she set off laughing and waving to her friends. She did not return.

The Wyrmwound was in sight of her camp, the air hazy with its fumes even from a distance. Born on the gentle breezy steppes she felt the miasma burning her lungs from the beginning. It only grew worse. Feverish and eaten up with regrets she lost herself in the Abiding Boneyard. That was where he found her, golden eyes shining with mad wisdom. He cured her with a curse, the starved whispers eating at her mind until nothing was left but the bones of who she had been. She was his left hand, his creation, and mate. Now they hunt together, bone and ash colors suited to their bleak home. It doesn’t matter where they are, for they were lost long ago.

by Wyldangel
@Wyldangel That lore! That art! [emoji=mirror love size=1] I love her story, and tragedy/cautionary tale vibe it has. And I especially love her gijinka, especially the fact that her mask is still in the shape of an imp face [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
@Wyldangel That lore! That art! I love her story, and tragedy/cautionary tale vibe it has. And I especially love her gijinka, especially the fact that her mask is still in the shape of an imp face
@
@
[center][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0][size=0]@3idolon @adaejha @amezrou @antisense @arborpunk @artemisaeternity @berceuse @bxy26 @caathedral @cartographic @cinamonpizza @clockworkeclipse @cosmicfalcon @counterklock @dathomir @dekomaru @delotha @fatbingo @featherfalls @finalflight @firebirdsuite @flyteofheart @foxghosts @frankenfood @geist @godofmesses @halloweentown97 @horseleech @ichorapotheosis @ikyana @inkfrog @kalicokat @kmrikkari @kwozmotis @levantera @loucat @meilkor @mnkn10 @mnkn10 @mothermalice @noxextractum @princessfirefly @probablyskeletor @psittacidae @rampant @reotheleo @somnovem @rosielin @scorpiontail @serpentineoracle @serpentscribe @shadari @shadowfire1223 @shadowpiper @sixcrows @sonjmir @spiderfrog15 @spore @stduke @strangeflesh @sylvanlady @taejin @tarantulove @teahorse @tendervulture @thecell @thevvitch @toxicsugar @twilitraven @validemotions @vengeful @wolfandcrow @wolfandcrow @wolftrickster @wyldangel @yangxin @yuubi[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/center] [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hp56gdizp19uqry/plaguetop.png[/img][/center] [center][size=7][color=DarkRed][font=Californian FB][b]SPOTLIGHT[/b][/font][/color][/size][/center] [center][color=DarkRed]_______________________[/color][/center] [center][url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=288697][size=6][color=maroon]Scorpiontail's[/url][size=6][color=maroon] Blasphemy[/color][/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/43122635][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/431227/43122635_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [color=maroon]He was born to greatness. His grandmother and grandfather being the first necromancers left him to bare their legacies. After he completed his trials the young spiral would be given the name Karrin and respected among the other necromancers. He struggled with the weight of his grandmother's expectations. When the day of his trials came he came across someone different than the other necros. An imperial, with dark eyes and a somber expression. "Hey." He landed by her with a smile, "you nervous?" "No." She looked down at him. He shrugged, "me either. If I fail then I'll just be, you know, disowned and thrown away." "Indeed." Her voice was cold. "Do you know the Councilors?" "Please leave me alone." She snapped. He flinched and backed away. Watching his grandmother spew her lecture about the trials and the dangers. He had spend his childhood hearing it. His first day by the Wrymwound infection took hold, like the Plaguebringer was waiting for him. Five days later he had developed a high fever, migraines, and a dull ache over his whole body. Day ten he stopped eating, hardly able to keep down water, and yet he fought. By the dawn of his final day his colors mirrored Kishna. He stood before her with a bright smile and expected a simple test to prove himself. But Kishna had more planned. While others got small familiars to infect his grandmother smile and moved. "My boy, you are to infect this" with a flourish she reviled a nature dragon, they were young, hardly an adult. At first he laughed but when Kishna didn't he grew horrified. "No." He said. "No? Boy, you know what you become if you refuse." Her eyes held no emotion. "Grandmother I will not infect that dragon." He stood strong. "I'll demonstrate on anything else. Not them." "No, this is your test. You're my kin. Take your place or leave and for go your place on the council." "Fine." As he turned he could hear the chorus of shouts, all screaming the same thing 'Blasphemy'. "Excuse me." He approached the imperial, "where are you going? " "My mother assigned me to the wind territory, what about you?" "Like I said; disowned and thrown away. Can I tag along?" "Absolutely, I could use a hand, I'm sorry for my attitude when we met. Mother was watching." She smiled now. He returned it "It's alright. What do they call you?" "Lilith, what about you?" "Blasphemy." [left][color=maroon]by Scorpiontail[/color][/left]
plaguetop.png
SPOTLIGHT

He was born to greatness. His grandmother and grandfather being the first necromancers left him to bare their legacies. After he completed his trials the young spiral would be given the name Karrin and respected among the other necromancers. He struggled with the weight of his grandmother's expectations.

When the day of his trials came he came across someone different than the other necros. An imperial, with dark eyes and a somber expression.

"Hey." He landed by her with a smile, "you nervous?"

"No." She looked down at him.

He shrugged, "me either. If I fail then I'll just be, you know, disowned and thrown away."

"Indeed." Her voice was cold.

"Do you know the Councilors?"

"Please leave me alone." She snapped.

He flinched and backed away. Watching his grandmother spew her lecture about the trials and the dangers. He had spend his childhood hearing it.

His first day by the Wrymwound infection took hold, like the Plaguebringer was waiting for him. Five days later he had developed a high fever, migraines, and a dull ache over his whole body. Day ten he stopped eating, hardly able to keep down water, and yet he fought. By the dawn of his final day his colors mirrored Kishna. He stood before her with a bright smile and expected a simple test to prove himself.

But Kishna had more planned.

While others got small familiars to infect his grandmother smile and moved.

"My boy, you are to infect this" with a flourish she reviled a nature dragon, they were young, hardly an adult.

At first he laughed but when Kishna didn't he grew horrified.

"No." He said.

"No? Boy, you know what you become if you refuse." Her eyes held no emotion.

"Grandmother I will not infect that dragon." He stood strong. "I'll demonstrate on anything else. Not them."

"No, this is your test. You're my kin. Take your place or leave and for go your place on the council."

"Fine." As he turned he could hear the chorus of shouts, all screaming the same thing 'Blasphemy'.

"Excuse me." He approached the imperial, "where are you going? "

"My mother assigned me to the wind territory, what about you?"

"Like I said; disowned and thrown away. Can I tag along?"

"Absolutely, I could use a hand, I'm sorry for my attitude when we met. Mother was watching." She smiled now. He returned it

"It's alright. What do they call you?"

"Lilith, what about you?"

"Blasphemy."

by Scorpiontail
My boy~
My boy~
She/her
+3 FRT
Forums lurker
Collector of old dragons
Lore clan!

Color-Hand-15.png
95c947c87cc1e92d43ab7d172f86ce89d0a06f2b.png
@Scorpiontail Kishna cameo! [i]Hands her worst role model of the year award[/i] XD I love Blasphemy's personality, and his story arc with Lilith is really cute. They both seem well named [emoji=mirror winking size=1] Interestingly, he won't be the first of Kishna's disillusioned kin to head to Wind territory....
@Scorpiontail Kishna cameo! Hands her worst role model of the year award XD

I love Blasphemy's personality, and his story arc with Lilith is really cute. They both seem well named Interestingly, he won't be the first of Kishna's disillusioned kin to head to Wind territory....
@
@
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35