Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24
[center][size=6]June 27[/size][/center] [quote]Whispers abound of a flying ship seen from many lands in Sornieth as dragons emerge from their hiding spots. The rain continues, but sunlight shines through and rainbows adorn the horizon. Worries of a ghost ship spread, but some say it’s just adventurous Wind Flight dragons, must be. A company of intelligent Lightning dragons has sailed in, braving yesterday’s storm. Eccentric though some may be, they’re all intelligent inventors. They are welcomed by those who remain, eager to get to work on defending themselves and preparing for the worst. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19320372][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/193204/19320372_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Arrow is once again at the stand. He gives you a dark look, recognizing you. “So we meet again,” he growls. “Now, I’m going to get straight to the point. There has been a theft from this society. As archaeologists, we take our work [i]very[/i] seriously. And the last person I saw at this stand was you. Have you anything to say for yourself?” He stops himself and takes a breath. “What on Sornieth am I thinking? I haven’t got any more than circumstantial proof that it was you! But that does not make you innocent either.” Pulling out a chest, he says, “Perhaps you can prove yourself. As intelligent and knowledgeable as you are, surely you can identify what is in here.” He opens it with a click. “Dearest Lightweaver,” he breathes, “what is this?” [center][item=Light Sprite][item=Sickle Claws][item=Sublime Peacock][item=Etched Tusk][item=Tallow Candle][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Entries are due by 00:40 June 28, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. Today’s dragon courtesy of @Gheron. [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @KitsuneRuna [/size]
June 27
Quote:
Whispers abound of a flying ship seen from many lands in Sornieth as dragons emerge from their hiding spots. The rain continues, but sunlight shines through and rainbows adorn the horizon. Worries of a ghost ship spread, but some say it’s just adventurous Wind Flight dragons, must be.

A company of intelligent Lightning dragons has sailed in, braving yesterday’s storm. Eccentric though some may be, they’re all intelligent inventors. They are welcomed by those who remain, eager to get to work on defending themselves and preparing for the worst.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked.
19320372_350.png

Arrow is once again at the stand. He gives you a dark look, recognizing you.

“So we meet again,” he growls. “Now, I’m going to get straight to the point. There has been a theft from this society. As archaeologists, we take our work very seriously. And the last person I saw at this stand was you. Have you anything to say for yourself?”

He stops himself and takes a breath. “What on Sornieth am I thinking? I haven’t got any more than circumstantial proof that it was you! But that does not make you innocent either.”

Pulling out a chest, he says, “Perhaps you can prove yourself. As intelligent and knowledgeable as you are, surely you can identify what is in here.” He opens it with a click.

“Dearest Lightweaver,” he breathes, “what is this?”

Light Sprite Sickle Claws Sublime Peacock Etched Tusk Tallow Candle

Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Entries are due by 00:40 June 28, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

Today’s dragon courtesy of @Gheron.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @KitsuneRuna
[center][item=sublime peacock][/center] The feathers of a peacock are a part of the history of this city. They change, hues shifting each season, first duller, then brighter, and yet brighter still, until the plumage is so eye-catching as to be detrimental. The warriors of the Hewn City once wore these in their armour, bespelled so the process that took the living bird years could happen in an instant, at will. It was the perfect camouflage for the sun-soaked land, able to catch the light, yet still remain hidden. With them, whole regiments could disappear in the blink of an eye... and reappear to catch their startled foe by surprise. It was not expected that those of the Lightweaver’s armies would fight in such a cunning way; the guerrilla tactics reminded foes of the furtive combat Shadowbinder’s own employed. Perhaps that is why they fell so easily to the darkness. But peacock feathers do not come cheap. The birds themselves hailed from across the sea, natives of the land of crystals and stars, and those who belonged to the Arcanist made a pretty penny. As war raged, and the great, proud city began to fall, succumbing inch by inch to a relentless foe, coffers drained and dried up. No treasure in the hoard, no money left to spare on armour bedecked and enchanted with these flashy, feathered ornaments, not when there were wounded to tend to and weapons to mend and so many mouths to feed. So, the regiments who wore them, too, dried and withered away. When the last warrior fell, golden blood soaking into the marble below them, feathers and life guttering out like a bright flame on a flickering candle, the spell died… as would the Hewn City. Some brave souls who still venture through the ruins say they have come across these feathers, lying in the dust, amongst bones etched with claws from battles fought long, long ago, once proud plumage all ragged and torn; and, sometimes, flecked with dim spots of gold.
Sublime Peacock

The feathers of a peacock are a part of the history of this city.

They change, hues shifting each season, first duller, then brighter, and yet brighter still, until the plumage is so eye-catching as to be detrimental. The warriors of the Hewn City once wore these in their armour, bespelled so the process that took the living bird years could happen in an instant, at will. It was the perfect camouflage for the sun-soaked land, able to catch the light, yet still remain hidden. With them, whole regiments could disappear in the blink of an eye... and reappear to catch their startled foe by surprise. It was not expected that those of the Lightweaver’s armies would fight in such a cunning way; the guerrilla tactics reminded foes of the furtive combat Shadowbinder’s own employed.

Perhaps that is why they fell so easily to the darkness.

But peacock feathers do not come cheap. The birds themselves hailed from across the sea, natives of the land of crystals and stars, and those who belonged to the Arcanist made a pretty penny. As war raged, and the great, proud city began to fall, succumbing inch by inch to a relentless foe, coffers drained and dried up. No treasure in the hoard, no money left to spare on armour bedecked and enchanted with these flashy, feathered ornaments, not when there were wounded to tend to and weapons to mend and so many mouths to feed. So, the regiments who wore them, too, dried and withered away. When the last warrior fell, golden blood soaking into the marble below them, feathers and life guttering out like a bright flame on a flickering candle, the spell died… as would the Hewn City.

Some brave souls who still venture through the ruins say they have come across these feathers, lying in the dust, amongst bones etched with claws from battles fought long, long ago, once proud plumage all ragged and torn; and, sometimes, flecked with dim spots of gold.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17576531] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/175766/17576531_350.png[/img] [/url] The Fae moves close to the stand, a blast of electricity darting out of her power pack. "Weren't these all used in a ritual to bless the dragon with extra strength? Though it had to be a light dragon, that's a shining fragment after all. Arcane had a similar ritual with magical fragments, though it's pretty obscure and lost in the libraries - one of my exalted friends said the only remaining scroll is in the Arcanist's library. Third book on the thousandth-something shelf." "The shining fragment is the centerpiece, of course, but they're all equally important. It works by redirecting the fragment's power to the user, so they become stronger. If you wanted to become smarter, well, an acuity fragment might be better." "The silver blades and stones are arranged alternate in a circle - one blade, one stone, one blade and so on. The dust goes on every second blade starting from the first one lain down - it prevents the fragment's energy from escaping. You could do it with two or even three fragments, but that's more risky and needs a bigger circle and more dust." "The featherback pelt is pretty special - you have to cure it, hang it in the sun for three days and then cut it into a circle that will fit exactly inside the circle you make with the blades and stones. I imagine in a shadow ceremony you'd hang it at night, though the pelt probably changes too. The dragon lies in the centre of the pelt at midday exactly. The fragment, which is placed inside the circle, is most powerful at midday, you see. How it works is that, if the sun is shining, the fragment releases beams of power - light, for this one. The beams are contained by the dust and the stones, and are reflected into the dragon, boosting their strength. Never met anyone who'd tried it, though, so I can't say if it's particularly helpful or if it actually works."

17576531_350.png

The Fae moves close to the stand, a blast of electricity darting out of her power pack. "Weren't these all used in a ritual to bless the dragon with extra strength? Though it had to be a light dragon, that's a shining fragment after all. Arcane had a similar ritual with magical fragments, though it's pretty obscure and lost in the libraries - one of my exalted friends said the only remaining scroll is in the Arcanist's library. Third book on the thousandth-something shelf."

"The shining fragment is the centerpiece, of course, but they're all equally important. It works by redirecting the fragment's power to the user, so they become stronger. If you wanted to become smarter, well, an acuity fragment might be better."

"The silver blades and stones are arranged alternate in a circle - one blade, one stone, one blade and so on. The dust goes on every second blade starting from the first one lain down - it prevents the fragment's energy from escaping. You could do it with two or even three fragments, but that's more risky and needs a bigger circle and more dust."

"The featherback pelt is pretty special - you have to cure it, hang it in the sun for three days and then cut it into a circle that will fit exactly inside the circle you make with the blades and stones. I imagine in a shadow ceremony you'd hang it at night, though the pelt probably changes too. The dragon lies in the centre of the pelt at midday exactly. The fragment, which is placed inside the circle, is most powerful at midday, you see. How it works is that, if the sun is shining, the fragment releases beams of power - light, for this one. The beams are contained by the dust and the stones, and are reflected into the dragon, boosting their strength. Never met anyone who'd tried it, though, so I can't say if it's particularly helpful or if it actually works."
30286044_7AffP3W60irfkEb.pngjt3PpxV.png
Clearly those are all part of a... [img]http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah151/kagenokyuubi/disguisekitforpcs_zpsd0qs0ptk.png[/img]
Clearly those are all part of a...

disguisekitforpcs_zpsd0qs0ptk.png
gU2ykYl.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8775977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/87760/8775977_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "Ah well of course you wouldn't know. That is ancient battle gear for a snapper! You see, the soft hide would go against the skin and these flat rocks would be fastened to it. Very crude by today's standards in armor I know. The dust can be used to give the ability for short emergency flights. The claw attachments should be self explanatory, us plant eaters don't really have sharp claws like you do dear." She nods to the Wildclaw. "The might fragment, well of course snappers are mighty, but a little help never hurts does it? Fascinating find, I'm glad you asked me to look at it!" Beatrice trundles off again, rain pouring unnoticed down her sides as she continues her search for the perfect stone. She'd like to do a carving to commemorate the holiday and she needed to find just the perfect rock for it.

"Ah well of course you wouldn't know. That is ancient battle gear for a snapper! You see, the soft hide would go against the skin and these flat rocks would be fastened to it. Very crude by today's standards in armor I know. The dust can be used to give the ability for short emergency flights. The claw attachments should be self explanatory, us plant eaters don't really have sharp claws like you do dear." She nods to the Wildclaw. "The might fragment, well of course snappers are mighty, but a little help never hurts does it? Fascinating find, I'm glad you asked me to look at it!"

Beatrice trundles off again, rain pouring unnoticed down her sides as she continues her search for the perfect stone. She'd like to do a carving to commemorate the holiday and she needed to find just the perfect rock for it.
Bk78Myp.png Z3T662y.png FF
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20569157] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/205692/20569157_350.png[/img] [/url] Nytetingale regarded the items with an icy gaze, and turned the steely glare to the Wildclaw. "...you're one of Icewarden's. [i]Not[/i] a Light dragon." "..." "No matter. I'll give my verdict and be on my way." "These look like a set of hunting equipment. The pelt can be worn to blend in with the largely white scenery of this place, making it easy to approach prey stealthily; these blades sharp enough to slice their throats." "This stone would give a Light dragon additional strength to strike down their foe; though useless to other flights." "The rock can be thrown to draw attention away from yourself, to create an opportunity to strike." "And in the event you've been spotted, tossing a cloud of unicorn dust really stings the eyes, giving you a split second to end the prey's life." And with that, Nytetingale drew a claw across his throat and promptly left.

20569157_350.png

Nytetingale regarded the items with an icy gaze, and turned the steely glare to the Wildclaw.

"...you're one of Icewarden's. Not a Light dragon."

"..."

"No matter. I'll give my verdict and be on my way."

"These look like a set of hunting equipment. The pelt can be worn to blend in with the largely white scenery of this place, making it easy to approach prey stealthily; these blades sharp enough to slice their throats."

"This stone would give a Light dragon additional strength to strike down their foe; though useless to other flights."

"The rock can be thrown to draw attention away from yourself, to create an opportunity to strike."

"And in the event you've been spotted, tossing a cloud of unicorn dust really stings the eyes, giving you a split second to end the prey's life."

And with that, Nytetingale drew a claw across his throat and promptly left.
cloud_bank_1_by_the_fox_of_wonders-d9vniwg.pnga2qMzgN.gif
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B648Ttg.png[/img] [b]Notes: Second Day of Brightshine Jubilee. Name: Lindi.[/b] [i]ARR again. Yeah, I know, I should probably stop saying that every day. I think it only lasts another week though. Huh.[/i] [color=#6d6837] "Hi again! What do you-"[/color] Lindi turns her head slightly to find another Light Sprite, almost a mirror image of her. The only difference is that Lindi is slightly fluffier, with slightly torn ears. [color=#6d6837] "Who are you? Why are you with this Wildclaw?"[/color] "I am Amber. I'm helping out. What are you doing here?" [color=#6d6837] "The same. So... any ideas, then? I think the claws belonged to a spirit, judging by the scratch marks on the candle wax."[/color] "Mmm... The tusk seems to have a ritual spell carved on it, so I think you may be right. But what about the peacock? What does that have to do with anything here?" [color=#6d6837] "Maybe the spirit liked peacocks? Who knows. Spirits are weird. So, I guess I'll be off. Bye, Amber!"[/color] "Seeya~" Lindi does a little back-flip in the air and disappears. Either she was so fast you couldn't see, or she teleported again. [i] "It's been a long, long time since I've seen another Light Sprite. There aren't too many of us around anymore..." [/i] [/center]
B648Ttg.png

Notes: Second Day of Brightshine Jubilee. Name: Lindi.

ARR again. Yeah, I know, I should probably stop saying that every day. I think it only lasts another week though. Huh.

"Hi again! What do you-"

Lindi turns her head slightly to find another Light Sprite, almost a mirror image of her. The only difference is that Lindi is slightly fluffier, with slightly torn ears.

"Who are you? Why are you with this Wildclaw?"

"I am Amber. I'm helping out. What are you doing here?"

"The same. So... any ideas, then? I think the claws belonged to a spirit, judging by the scratch marks on the candle wax."

"Mmm... The tusk seems to have a ritual spell carved on it, so I think you may be right. But what about the peacock? What does that have to do with anything here?"

"Maybe the spirit liked peacocks? Who knows. Spirits are weird. So, I guess I'll be off. Bye, Amber!"

"Seeya~"

Lindi does a little back-flip in the air and disappears. Either she was so fast you couldn't see, or she teleported again.

"It's been a long, long time since I've seen another Light Sprite. There aren't too many of us around anymore..."
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2170063] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/21701/2170063_350.png[/img] [/url] Quicksilver is the first to challenge this group of Lightning newcomers, pah, mere static-shocks in the face of his magnificent ship. But heck, are there a lot of them or what. So Quicksilver's swagger makes a sharp detour to the left, and he leans on a stall with the appearance of nonchalance. "Can ya believe these'uns?" he mutters to the stall owner, spitting on the ground. But he immediately regrets it when he recognizes Arrow. When did he last see him? Was that the day they broke things and Phantom called that sickly goo mustard? He can't remember for sure, so he decides to play it safe. "Sure Ah'll interpret for ya," he replies smoothly, kicking the rest of his crew back into the shadows. The best way to handle this is to keep them from getting involved. But even now he can see his blind fisherdragon Rydian twirling up the poles to the tent's roof. Quicksilver busily rummages in the box, making "ooh"s and "ah"s at a treasure, which, admittedly, he has not seen in some time. "Well, right here ya got everythin' ya need for an offerin'," Quicksilver hastily continues, banging a tusk against the chest to cover the sound of Rydian falling into boxes behind Arrow. [item=etched tusk] "Back in my old clan o' Light, there use' ta be [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=2740&tab=dragon&did=1280497]this one dragon[/url], [i]whoo-EE[/i] --" He whooped loudly and clapped Arrow on the shoulder as Phantom, a Guardian cook and Rydian's father-figure, clambored behind the stall after his Spiral friend. " -- had too many holes in his ship, if ya know what I mean. He was always doin' them offerin's startin' with this tusk. Ya blew through the tusk like a horn, and that was a call t'attention for the Lightweaver. Tha's how the ceremony started." To cover up the hisses of "Rydian!" and crunches coming from behind Arrow's back, Quicksilver winced and blew into the horn. A wailing, screechy call emerged and made all dragons in the vicinity squeeze their eyes shut and clamp their hands over their ears. Quicksilver booted another of his crew, Amazon, to go wrangle the destructive duo. A fae was small enough to go unheard, right? [item=Light Sprite] "O' course," Quicksilver continued, "any offerin' needed a Light Sprite ta oversee the proper rituals, and all that. They're the entourage of the Lightweaver, y'know. Very important to have one with us for this." Amazon crept through the shadows behind Arrow, towards where Phantom had his claws wrapped around Rydian to prevent her from doing more damage. He followed Rydian's gaze and his stomach dropped. She was after some dusty-looking insects in an open chest! And -- oh no -- Amazon appeared tempted by the same. [item=tallow candle] "AND O' COURSE," Quicksilver added, grabbing a large, slightly-smoking Imperial by the beard, "ya need t' light the candles around the offerin', t' make sure that the Lightweaver can find her way t'ya. Light is her energy, after all, so we're just a-feedin' her." He aimed the Imperial, squeezed him by the antlers, and a puff of flame shot out and lit the candles. Several squawks came from the dragons and creatures around him as Quicksilver booted two more of his crew with his tail. Subtlety was over; now it was just a case of being a bigger distraction. [item=sickle claws] "OOH, VERY SHARP," Quicksilver exclaimed over the squawks. He stabbed the claws into the table a few times to make his point, banged them against the metal of the chest, and started playing his favourite childhood samba beat with against his nose. "Yep, Zhulong'd take any old poor creature for the offerin', any at all, thanks, sir, that one'll do nicely." Quicksilver grabbed a hunk of poultry from a passing dragon, who looked very disappointed. The peacock was not calm enough to be disappointed. [item=sublime peacock] "If ya just hold this --" Quicksilver shoved the peacock into Arrow's arms, and passed the claws to the Light Sprite looking bored nearby, just as his crew stumbled out of the stall. They were covered in glitter, insect wings, and feathers, and Quicksilver just hoped nothing would be missed. He rested his elbows on the counter. "Of course, I'm not gonna do it. That'd be cruel. But ya see how it went generally. Hope that helped." And he followed his crew swiftly towards the other end of the market. [size=1]@Vely[/size]

2170063_350.png

Quicksilver is the first to challenge this group of Lightning newcomers, pah, mere static-shocks in the face of his magnificent ship. But heck, are there a lot of them or what. So Quicksilver's swagger makes a sharp detour to the left, and he leans on a stall with the appearance of nonchalance.

"Can ya believe these'uns?" he mutters to the stall owner, spitting on the ground. But he immediately regrets it when he recognizes Arrow. When did he last see him? Was that the day they broke things and Phantom called that sickly goo mustard? He can't remember for sure, so he decides to play it safe.

"Sure Ah'll interpret for ya," he replies smoothly, kicking the rest of his crew back into the shadows. The best way to handle this is to keep them from getting involved. But even now he can see his blind fisherdragon Rydian twirling up the poles to the tent's roof. Quicksilver busily rummages in the box, making "ooh"s and "ah"s at a treasure, which, admittedly, he has not seen in some time.

"Well, right here ya got everythin' ya need for an offerin'," Quicksilver hastily continues, banging a tusk against the chest to cover the sound of Rydian falling into boxes behind Arrow.

Etched Tusk

"Back in my old clan o' Light, there use' ta be this one dragon, whoo-EE --" He whooped loudly and clapped Arrow on the shoulder as Phantom, a Guardian cook and Rydian's father-figure, clambored behind the stall after his Spiral friend. " -- had too many holes in his ship, if ya know what I mean. He was always doin' them offerin's startin' with this tusk. Ya blew through the tusk like a horn, and that was a call t'attention for the Lightweaver. Tha's how the ceremony started."

To cover up the hisses of "Rydian!" and crunches coming from behind Arrow's back, Quicksilver winced and blew into the horn. A wailing, screechy call emerged and made all dragons in the vicinity squeeze their eyes shut and clamp their hands over their ears. Quicksilver booted another of his crew, Amazon, to go wrangle the destructive duo. A fae was small enough to go unheard, right?

Light Sprite

"O' course," Quicksilver continued, "any offerin' needed a Light Sprite ta oversee the proper rituals, and all that. They're the entourage of the Lightweaver, y'know. Very important to have one with us for this."

Amazon crept through the shadows behind Arrow, towards where Phantom had his claws wrapped around Rydian to prevent her from doing more damage. He followed Rydian's gaze and his stomach dropped. She was after some dusty-looking insects in an open chest! And -- oh no -- Amazon appeared tempted by the same.

Tallow Candle

"AND O' COURSE," Quicksilver added, grabbing a large, slightly-smoking Imperial by the beard, "ya need t' light the candles around the offerin', t' make sure that the Lightweaver can find her way t'ya. Light is her energy, after all, so we're just a-feedin' her." He aimed the Imperial, squeezed him by the antlers, and a puff of flame shot out and lit the candles. Several squawks came from the dragons and creatures around him as Quicksilver booted two more of his crew with his tail. Subtlety was over; now it was just a case of being a bigger distraction.

Sickle Claws

"OOH, VERY SHARP," Quicksilver exclaimed over the squawks. He stabbed the claws into the table a few times to make his point, banged them against the metal of the chest, and started playing his favourite childhood samba beat with against his nose.

"Yep, Zhulong'd take any old poor creature for the offerin', any at all, thanks, sir, that one'll do nicely." Quicksilver grabbed a hunk of poultry from a passing dragon, who looked very disappointed. The peacock was not calm enough to be disappointed.

Sublime Peacock

"If ya just hold this --" Quicksilver shoved the peacock into Arrow's arms, and passed the claws to the Light Sprite looking bored nearby, just as his crew stumbled out of the stall. They were covered in glitter, insect wings, and feathers, and Quicksilver just hoped nothing would be missed.

He rested his elbows on the counter. "Of course, I'm not gonna do it. That'd be cruel. But ya see how it went generally. Hope that helped."

And he followed his crew swiftly towards the other end of the market.

@Vely
tgTY.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=751326] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7514/751326_350.png[/img] [/url] Nathra narrowed her eyes. "I ain't no thief, and I'll thank you kindly to remember that before you go accusin' me again." Her good name sufficiently defended - and her curiosity piqued by whatever Arrow had seen inside the chest - she dropped her dangerous expression and undulated forward to take a closer look. The creature curled up inside the chest opened its eyes in response to the light and sound, and as the two dragons peered down at it, it gave a start. In many ways, it looked similar to a Light Sprite - but there were several glaring differences that became immediately apparent leapt to its feet. Its larger-than-usual wings were emblazoned with a pattern of 'eyes' similar to those found on a peacock's tail, and when it spread them out behind its body, the markings glared at the dragons standing over it, the irises almost seeming to glow with the creature's iridescence. When it bared its teeth in a snarl, four long tusks projected from its mouth, and all four of its paws were equipped with viciously sharp claws, each one curved like a sickle, which is slid out and brandished at Nathra and Arrow. Both dragons took a wary step back from the terrifying little creature. "My, my," Nathra said. "Pity you didn't find this little critter yesterday, before you were visited by thieves and hustlers! That there's one of the Lightweaver's own protectors, by the looks of it - probably one of the Hewn City's guards." As she spoke, the not-Sprite climbed up onto the edge of the box, vibrating with anger - either at being disturbed, or perhaps because whatever it had been set to guard was no longer near. However, once it was out of the chest, it paused and lifted its head, as if it had caught a scent, forgetting about the two dragons directly in front of it. "There, see?" Nathra hissed, grabbing on to Arrow's arm in her excitement while her tail twined inadvertently around his leg. "I betcha it senses the ghost ship!" [i]((OOC: Uh, oops, I've been using different dragons each day which doesn't quite work perfectly with the flavour text today. XD Let's pretend Nathra was mooching about the stall yesterday? Since I sadly didn't have time to participate.))[/i]

751326_350.png

Nathra narrowed her eyes. "I ain't no thief, and I'll thank you kindly to remember that before you go accusin' me again."

Her good name sufficiently defended - and her curiosity piqued by whatever Arrow had seen inside the chest - she dropped her dangerous expression and undulated forward to take a closer look.

The creature curled up inside the chest opened its eyes in response to the light and sound, and as the two dragons peered down at it, it gave a start. In many ways, it looked similar to a Light Sprite - but there were several glaring differences that became immediately apparent leapt to its feet.

Its larger-than-usual wings were emblazoned with a pattern of 'eyes' similar to those found on a peacock's tail, and when it spread them out behind its body, the markings glared at the dragons standing over it, the irises almost seeming to glow with the creature's iridescence.

When it bared its teeth in a snarl, four long tusks projected from its mouth, and all four of its paws were equipped with viciously sharp claws, each one curved like a sickle, which is slid out and brandished at Nathra and Arrow.

Both dragons took a wary step back from the terrifying little creature.

"My, my," Nathra said. "Pity you didn't find this little critter yesterday, before you were visited by thieves and hustlers! That there's one of the Lightweaver's own protectors, by the looks of it - probably one of the Hewn City's guards."

As she spoke, the not-Sprite climbed up onto the edge of the box, vibrating with anger - either at being disturbed, or perhaps because whatever it had been set to guard was no longer near. However, once it was out of the chest, it paused and lifted its head, as if it had caught a scent, forgetting about the two dragons directly in front of it.

"There, see?" Nathra hissed, grabbing on to Arrow's arm in her excitement while her tail twined inadvertently around his leg. "I betcha it senses the ghost ship!"

((OOC: Uh, oops, I've been using different dragons each day which doesn't quite work perfectly with the flavour text today. XD Let's pretend Nathra was mooching about the stall yesterday? Since I sadly didn't have time to participate.))
A two-toned pink eight-pointed compass rose with the Arcane symbol at the centre, with the word 'adept' hand-written in front of the downwards point
The Spire, home of the Lundlaevungar: a crystal island shaped like an inverted mountain floating above the sea in a yellow sky
The Pirate Trials button, linking to the thread: a pink pearl with subtle gold sparkles, with 'The Pirate Trials' handwritten in front; the P is an eye patch with a skull on it Arcane Badge depicting the Oculus of the Eleven
Clan Lore

Exalted Dragons

FR+8

they/them
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/uQkdBVJ.png[/img] [size=6]June 26[/size] @KitsuneRuna wins the daily prize! @Zenhugz and @JinxMoonstone win the raffle prizes! [quote]View KitsuneRuna's entry [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/17#21030174]here[/url]. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20664865] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/206649/20664865_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14660085] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146601/14660085_350.png[/img] [/url] Shamayim's cool demeanor cracks. "Oh. Oh, oh, no." He scrambles to replace the items in the box they came from. Queen looks up from the necklaces she's untangling. "What is it? What..." Her gaze settles on the box. "My box!" "Go! Run!" Shamayim yells. The two of them grab as much as their hands can carry before sprinting off, dropping a few priceless artifacts on their way. They leave behind a chest reserved for helpers, gleaming despite the heavy rain. [item=Gilded Decorative Chest] [/quote] [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @TesserWings @Saraceaser @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @RRHepburn @Wonderlast @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @GhostPaladin [/size][/center]
uQkdBVJ.png

June 26

@KitsuneRuna wins the daily prize! @Zenhugz and @JinxMoonstone win the raffle prizes!
Quote:
View KitsuneRuna's entry here.

20664865_350.png

14660085_350.png

Shamayim's cool demeanor cracks. "Oh. Oh, oh, no." He scrambles to replace the items in the box they came from.

Queen looks up from the necklaces she's untangling. "What is it? What..." Her gaze settles on the box. "My box!"

"Go! Run!" Shamayim yells. The two of them grab as much as their hands can carry before sprinting off, dropping a few priceless artifacts on their way.

They leave behind a chest reserved for helpers, gleaming despite the heavy rain.

Gilded Decorative Chest

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @hat17 @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @Draginraptor @Wookiara @UserOfShadows @Naga @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @TesserWings @Saraceaser @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @RRHepburn @Wonderlast @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @GhostPaladin
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 23 24