Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [BSJ] Artifact Recovery and Reassembly
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14162649] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/141627/14162649_350.png[/img] [/url] Kozuko reels at the accusation. "[i]Me?[/i] A low-life [i]thief[/i]? I, ser, am a librarian and [i]also[/i] an archaeologist dedicated to the study of ancient dragon civilizations." She uses a single claw to delicately push up her glasses on her snout. "Although..." she takes a cursory look at the artifacts laid out on the table. "I'd be happy to identify these items for you. I recognize the etchings on the tusk, they're describing a ritual to the Lightweaver that - " The Light sprite catches her eye as it whirs around her head. "Oh! Hello, little one." With a smile on her face, Kozuko watches the Light sprite dance elegantly through the air for a moment. "Amazing creature, isn't she?" She clears her throat and refocuses on the items laid out at the booth. "It looks like these items were all used in an ancient sacrificial summoning for our little friend there," she gestures towards the sprite with a nod. "The sacrifice calls for a tribute to the ideals of the Lightweaver in order for a clan to receive a blessing from one of Her servants, thought to be the sprites. It required 3 categories of items: an ancient artifact, evidence of study from the dragon performing the ritual, and proof of your dedication to the protection and caring of the Lightweaver. The tusk would fulfill the artifact category, and the peacock and sickle claws would probably fall under care and protection. Hmmm..." Kozuko gently picks up the tallow candle and considers it through her glasses. "Well, I'm sure an almost used up candle would count as proof of study or knowledge. You didn't happen to find any manuscripts at the sight, did you? Ah, it's no matter I suppose. The ritual has long been out of practice. The sprites didn't really give a blessing, but they would sometimes stay with the clan for a time and lead them to buried chests. It was likely the food offering that drew them there in the first place, and the veneration probably convinced them to stay for a time." Kozuko surveys the other items at the booth before giving a condescending smirk towards Arrow. "Anything else I can help you with today?"

14162649_350.png

Kozuko reels at the accusation. "Me? A low-life thief? I, ser, am a librarian and also an archaeologist dedicated to the study of ancient dragon civilizations." She uses a single claw to delicately push up her glasses on her snout. "Although..." she takes a cursory look at the artifacts laid out on the table. "I'd be happy to identify these items for you. I recognize the etchings on the tusk, they're describing a ritual to the Lightweaver that - " The Light sprite catches her eye as it whirs around her head. "Oh! Hello, little one."

With a smile on her face, Kozuko watches the Light sprite dance elegantly through the air for a moment. "Amazing creature, isn't she?" She clears her throat and refocuses on the items laid out at the booth. "It looks like these items were all used in an ancient sacrificial summoning for our little friend there," she gestures towards the sprite with a nod. "The sacrifice calls for a tribute to the ideals of the Lightweaver in order for a clan to receive a blessing from one of Her servants, thought to be the sprites. It required 3 categories of items: an ancient artifact, evidence of study from the dragon performing the ritual, and proof of your dedication to the protection and caring of the Lightweaver. The tusk would fulfill the artifact category, and the peacock and sickle claws would probably fall under care and protection. Hmmm..."

Kozuko gently picks up the tallow candle and considers it through her glasses. "Well, I'm sure an almost used up candle would count as proof of study or knowledge. You didn't happen to find any manuscripts at the sight, did you? Ah, it's no matter I suppose. The ritual has long been out of practice. The sprites didn't really give a blessing, but they would sometimes stay with the clan for a time and lead them to buried chests. It was likely the food offering that drew them there in the first place, and the veneration probably convinced them to stay for a time."

Kozuko surveys the other items at the booth before giving a condescending smirk towards Arrow. "Anything else I can help you with today?"
FrpldNa.gif
seb | FR+3 | he/him
wishlist
Gather around, children. The time has come, to tell the legend of the Forsaken Throne. Once upon a time, long before the sires of your sires took their first flight, when dragonkind was still new to the world, there was a city. Each lair was more beautiful than the other. White marble adorned the streets, golden idols stood watch at every corner, and precious gems shone no matter where you looked. Its inhabitants were passionate scholars, dedicated magistrates, lyrical artists, the like of which our world hasn't seen since. This radiant place was called the Hewn City. Most of all, the people living there were fair. There was no more truthful dragon than one who hailed from this country. As the city grew and grew, it caught the eye of the Lightweaver. to show her appreciation, she bestowed a gift upon the city: a peacock to complete its beauty, and a guide to light their way to the truth. The inhabitants were most pleased with their gifts. Soon, the Sublime Peacocks were the pride of the city, and a throne was made of their most vibrant feathers. The leader of the city would then spend their day councelling their people, surrounded by the perfection of the lightweaver's gift. The Light Sprite that would keep them on the right path, soon went forgotten. As years passed by, decline made itself known. Vanity took hold in the heart of dragons, and many of them were laid astray. Deception and lies became rampant. The glory of the Hewn City, was but a ghost of the past. No matter the efforts of the little sprite that resided within, the inhabitants would not heed its warnings. Thus came the day, when the inevitable happened. Was it the distress of the little sprite, the darkened heart of the Hewn dragons, of pure chance? No one can ever tell. A fleeting thought made its way to the Lightweaver, who bore down her gaze onto the city she had once called her pride. Her eyes met only with treachery and deceit, perfidious greed having replaced tranquil wisdom. As she had gifted them before, the judgement she had come to pass would lead to appropriate retribution. No more dragon would ever live in Hewn City. During millenia, the city was plundered by wandering mercenaries. All of its riches are now long gone, save but a few that were burried too deep for their claws. But of all the treasures that were torn from the ruins, not one came from the Forsaken Throne Room. There, the Light Sprite waits for a soul to guide, for the city to come alive, and for the possibility of setting straight what once went wrong. Yet not dragon of sound mind would settle there, for the wrath of a god is no easy thing to forget. So the Light Sprite weeps, on the Forsaken Throne. [img]http://i.imgur.com/PFItGWQ.png[/img]
Gather around, children. The time has come, to tell the legend of the Forsaken Throne.

Once upon a time, long before the sires of your sires took their first flight, when dragonkind was still new to the world, there was a city. Each lair was more beautiful than the other. White marble adorned the streets, golden idols stood watch at every corner, and precious gems shone no matter where you looked. Its inhabitants were passionate scholars, dedicated magistrates, lyrical artists, the like of which our world hasn't seen since. This radiant place was called the Hewn City.

Most of all, the people living there were fair. There was no more truthful dragon than one who hailed from this country. As the city grew and grew, it caught the eye of the Lightweaver. to show her appreciation, she bestowed a gift upon the city: a peacock to complete its beauty, and a guide to light their way to the truth.

The inhabitants were most pleased with their gifts. Soon, the Sublime Peacocks were the pride of the city, and a throne was made of their most vibrant feathers. The leader of the city would then spend their day councelling their people, surrounded by the perfection of the lightweaver's gift. The Light Sprite that would keep them on the right path, soon went forgotten.

As years passed by, decline made itself known. Vanity took hold in the heart of dragons, and many of them were laid astray. Deception and lies became rampant. The glory of the Hewn City, was but a ghost of the past. No matter the efforts of the little sprite that resided within, the inhabitants would not heed its warnings. Thus came the day, when the inevitable happened.

Was it the distress of the little sprite, the darkened heart of the Hewn dragons, of pure chance? No one can ever tell. A fleeting thought made its way to the Lightweaver, who bore down her gaze onto the city she had once called her pride. Her eyes met only with treachery and deceit, perfidious greed having replaced tranquil wisdom. As she had gifted them before, the judgement she had come to pass would lead to appropriate retribution. No more dragon would ever live in Hewn City.

During millenia, the city was plundered by wandering mercenaries. All of its riches are now long gone, save but a few that were burried too deep for their claws. But of all the treasures that were torn from the ruins, not one came from the Forsaken Throne Room. There, the Light Sprite waits for a soul to guide, for the city to come alive, and for the possibility of setting straight what once went wrong. Yet not dragon of sound mind would settle there, for the wrath of a god is no easy thing to forget.

So the Light Sprite weeps, on the Forsaken Throne.

PFItGWQ.png
2H1KHHC.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=11036829] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/110369/11036829_350.png[/img] [/url] Coven, the most knowledgeable dragon the clan has steps back from the pieces, a little impressed with his own work. [IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/207b8rd.png[/IMG] "I'm... not entirely sure why someone would need such a fancy candlestick but hey, all the better to tell scary stories with right?? Oh! and the sickle is what was probably used to carve the candlestick. You might also want to change the candle, it seems a little too small to tell anymore stories with."

11036829_350.png

Coven, the most knowledgeable dragon the clan has steps back from the pieces, a little impressed with his own work.

207b8rd.png

"I'm... not entirely sure why someone would need such a fancy candlestick but hey, all the better to tell scary stories with right?? Oh! and the sickle is what was probably used to carve the candlestick.

You might also want to change the candle, it seems a little too small to tell anymore stories with."
[center]" Ah I see, these items were used for an altar to make offerings to the Lightweaver. This is made obvious by the golden statue of the Light Sprite, often used as a symbol of prosperity. Hmm...the statue seems to be radiating warmth! It's quite soothing. "[/center] [center][url=http://i.imgur.com/kcvXn8J.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/kcvXn8J.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]" However, these statues were not alone on altars, you see. Altars were usually decorated and had many things carefully placed in a neat manner. Such as these candles, which were used to signify the light shining through the dark when night came around. When they went out that would mean that the Lightweaver had heard your prayers and considered your offering. Ah yes, this here is a tusk that has been carved and etched into...seems to be an avian of some sort, perhaps a peacock?This was carved most likely as an asking of success in hunting. These were commonly carved using claws of their own, or if they were small or had inefficient claws to do so, things such as claws of other species and things along those lines were used. Truely a beautiful piece."[/center] [center][url=http://i.imgur.com/ubjyDpO.png][img]http://i.imgur.com/ubjyDpO.png[/img][/url][/center] ( ah, hope I'm doing this correctly! This was a fun prompt to do, very good practice. Also, I am not much of a writer, so apologies in advance c': )
" Ah I see, these items were used for an altar to make offerings to the Lightweaver.
This is made obvious by the golden statue of the Light Sprite,
often used as a symbol of prosperity.
Hmm...the statue seems to be radiating warmth!
It's quite soothing. "

kcvXn8J.png

" However, these statues were not alone on altars, you see.
Altars were usually decorated and had many things carefully placed in a neat manner.
Such as these candles, which were used to signify the light shining through the dark when night came around. When they went out that would mean that the Lightweaver had heard your prayers and considered your offering.

Ah yes, this here is a tusk that has been carved and etched into...seems to be an avian of some sort, perhaps a peacock?This was carved most likely as an asking of success in hunting.
These were commonly carved using claws of their own, or if they were small or had inefficient claws to do so, things such as claws of other species and things along those lines were used.
Truely a beautiful piece."
ubjyDpO.png

( ah, hope I'm doing this correctly! This was a fun prompt to do, very good practice. Also, I am not much of a writer, so apologies in advance c': )
Xolsp7O.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=9244280] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/92443/9244280_350.png[/img] [/url] Atris, as a chronicler, was best suited for this kind of task (at least until clan will find proper archeologist). That's why she was spending this day looking at weird set of items. First, the Light Sprite. That was easy, of course this particular creature was once an apprentice of acolyte. Warrior acolyte, spending too much time in the Mire. Sickle Claws could be just a war trophy, or was used to cut thing. Or even as a letter openers... Yes, that acolyte was a writer, with Sublime Peacock as handy source of new feathers. And a Tallow Candle as source of wax for seals, as they would not need an additional source of light, we are talking about Light dragon with Light Sprite after all. Etched Tusk, just another war trophy, nothing interesting.

9244280_350.png

Atris, as a chronicler, was best suited for this kind of task (at least until clan will find proper archeologist). That's why she was spending this day looking at weird set of items.
First, the Light Sprite. That was easy, of course this particular creature was once an apprentice of acolyte. Warrior acolyte, spending too much time in the Mire. Sickle Claws could be just a war trophy, or was used to cut thing. Or even as a letter openers... Yes, that acolyte was a writer, with Sublime Peacock as handy source of new feathers. And a Tallow Candle as source of wax for seals, as they would not need an additional source of light, we are talking about Light dragon with Light Sprite after all.
Etched Tusk, just another war trophy, nothing interesting.
arcane_banner.pngFR time +9 q4Bwlp9.png ueQv8.gif
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24160581] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/241606/24160581_350.png[/img] [/url] "Uh huh. Yeah. No, that's fine. Take care of yourself. Tell Walter to [censor] off. Ok, bye." Donalbain closes his phone, sighing in relief. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21958937] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/219590/21958937_350.png[/img] [/url] "Well, what did she say?" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23044890] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/230449/23044890_350.png[/img] [/url] "Is she going to tear out our innards? Bash our skulls in? Turn us into fair trade pickles and feed us to her hipster friend?" Donalbain laughs, "You're being ridiculous. Regan looked in her closet, and the dress is still there. Even though she's horrified that there was another like it." "Did anything else happen?" Miranda asks. "Well, the Brits voted to get out of the EU, Chile beat Argentina, and the Kardashians are still sleazy. The usual." Donalbain turns his attention to the table, "Look guys. New chest." The four of them heads towards the booth. As the dapper wildclaw opens the chest on the table, a blur of yellow pops out of the opening. Suddenly, they hear an all too familiar voice. [item=light sprite] "Cheers luv. Calvary's here!" The sprite was still wearing the sunchaser jewelry, with the pocketwatch fashioned in the middle. Both of her hands now hold a pair of etched tusks. The sprite makes exaggerated aiming motions with the tusks in her hands, turns, and gives the crowd a flashy salute. Miranda was the first to speak, "Didn't you show up a few chests back? Why are you here again?" The sprite somersaults before giving Miranda a cheeky grin, "I'm here to help you, luv. Gotta repay my saviors somehow. Being stuck in that time vortex was bloody horrid." She flutters over to a conveniently placed stump nearby, before cocking her tusks at some conveniently placed apples in a conveniently placed tree. "See here, luvs? These are my blasters! They look like they're just plain old tusks, I know, but watch what they can do!" She fires two shots at the tree. Two apples are blown to pieces. "This is some really advanced techy stuff that I have! Plasma and lasers and everything! Don't mess with me luvs!" The sprite flutters back over to the chest. She pulls out the rest of the items, "This, my luvs, I have gone to lands far far away to acquire. It is an authentic paperweight from the distant lands of Notal! There, everything is darker and edgier. So, they stuck some spikes into this. Isn't it cools?" She hold up the paperweight, which looks like a ball of tawny feathers held together by candle wax. A crown of claws sprout from the mass, resembling a claw. The paperweight looks vaguely like Hugh Jackam's decapitated head. The sprite smile proudly before bringing her necklace up to her face, 'Oh no, look at the time. Guess I have to say goodbye. Cheers luvs! See you soon!" With a flash, the sprite vanish from existence. The three dragons stand there, mouths hanging open in shock. Agatha, who has finally woken from her slumber, rolls her eyes at the group before hitting the submit button.

24160581_350.png

"Uh huh. Yeah. No, that's fine. Take care of yourself. Tell Walter to [censor] off. Ok, bye." Donalbain closes his phone, sighing in relief.

21958937_350.png

"Well, what did she say?"

23044890_350.png

"Is she going to tear out our innards? Bash our skulls in? Turn us into fair trade pickles and feed us to her hipster friend?"

Donalbain laughs, "You're being ridiculous. Regan looked in her closet, and the dress is still there. Even though she's horrified that there was another like it."

"Did anything else happen?" Miranda asks.

"Well, the Brits voted to get out of the EU, Chile beat Argentina, and the Kardashians are still sleazy. The usual." Donalbain turns his attention to the table, "Look guys. New chest."

The four of them heads towards the booth. As the dapper wildclaw opens the chest on the table, a blur of yellow pops out of the opening. Suddenly, they hear an all too familiar voice.

Light Sprite
"Cheers luv. Calvary's here!"

The sprite was still wearing the sunchaser jewelry, with the pocketwatch fashioned in the middle. Both of her hands now hold a pair of etched tusks. The sprite makes exaggerated aiming motions with the tusks in her hands, turns, and gives the crowd a flashy salute.

Miranda was the first to speak, "Didn't you show up a few chests back? Why are you here again?"

The sprite somersaults before giving Miranda a cheeky grin, "I'm here to help you, luv. Gotta repay my saviors somehow. Being stuck in that time vortex was bloody horrid."

She flutters over to a conveniently placed stump nearby, before cocking her tusks at some conveniently placed apples in a conveniently placed tree.

"See here, luvs? These are my blasters! They look like they're just plain old tusks, I know, but watch what they can do!" She fires two shots at the tree. Two apples are blown to pieces. "This is some really advanced techy stuff that I have! Plasma and lasers and everything! Don't mess with me luvs!"

The sprite flutters back over to the chest. She pulls out the rest of the items, "This, my luvs, I have gone to lands far far away to acquire. It is an authentic paperweight from the distant lands of Notal! There, everything is darker and edgier. So, they stuck some spikes into this. Isn't it cools?"

She hold up the paperweight, which looks like a ball of tawny feathers held together by candle wax. A crown of claws sprout from the mass, resembling a claw. The paperweight looks vaguely like Hugh Jackam's decapitated head.

The sprite smile proudly before bringing her necklace up to her face, 'Oh no, look at the time. Guess I have to say goodbye. Cheers luvs! See you soon!" With a flash, the sprite vanish from existence.

The three dragons stand there, mouths hanging open in shock. Agatha, who has finally woken from her slumber, rolls her eyes at the group before hitting the submit button.
1WhYQHt.png
[img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/100479/10047883_350.png?mtime=V3HkGQACQy8.png[/img] Raine glares at the Wildclaw. "Surely you aren't accusing [i]me[/i] of cheating. That chest I found yesterday was left in the rain and the contents were in danger of getting damaged. Besides, I checked with an Imp manning the stand a little later and she said that it was one of the chests for the volunteers." Raine whipped his tail angrily. "And I suppose that you think I stole the other chest too? When I stopped by the stand earlier, they told me if was for volunteers. The hood is pretty handy to have, what with all this rain that you've been having." [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/201.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/15588.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/13823.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/treasure_pile.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/images/layout/gem_pile.png[/img] "Hmph." Raine looked like he might huff off in a fit of rage, but then visibly calmed down. "Well, while I'm here I might as well lend my expertise to today's chest. Let's see - WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE? ANOTHER FAMILIAR STUCK IN THE CHEST?" Raine glared angrily. "And you accuse me of cheating? There's far worse crimes being committed here. You have one of the rarest and most valuable familiars here. This is what, the third familiar that's been stuck in your boxes and chests? I can understand the Living Statue, but not a fabled [i]Light Sprite[/i]." He took a deep breathe. "You need to open each and everyone of these chests and make sure you don't have any other familiars stuck inside. What cruelty!" Raine then peered at the contents. "At least there was some food in there for her and looks like she carved on these tusks to pass the time. You should really be ashamed of yourself."
10047883_350.png?mtime=V3HkGQACQy8.png

Raine glares at the Wildclaw. "Surely you aren't accusing me of cheating. That chest I found yesterday was left in the rain and the contents were in danger of getting damaged. Besides, I checked with an Imp manning the stand a little later and she said that it was one of the chests for the volunteers."

Raine whipped his tail angrily. "And I suppose that you think I stole the other chest too? When I stopped by the stand earlier, they told me if was for volunteers. The hood is pretty handy to have, what with all this rain that you've been having."

201.png15588.png13823.pngtreasure_pile.pnggem_pile.png

"Hmph." Raine looked like he might huff off in a fit of rage, but then visibly calmed down.

"Well, while I'm here I might as well lend my expertise to today's chest. Let's see - WHAT IS WITH YOU PEOPLE? ANOTHER FAMILIAR STUCK IN THE CHEST?"

Raine glared angrily. "And you accuse me of cheating? There's far worse crimes being committed here. You have one of the rarest and most valuable familiars here. This is what, the third familiar that's been stuck in your boxes and chests? I can understand the Living Statue, but not a fabled Light Sprite."

He took a deep breathe. "You need to open each and everyone of these chests and make sure you don't have any other familiars stuck inside. What cruelty!"

Raine then peered at the contents. "At least there was some food in there for her and looks like she carved on these tusks to pass the time. You should really be ashamed of yourself."
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
[center][size=6]June 28[/size][/center] [quote]The sea’s Maren have grown angry, attempting to capsize all ships that sail by them. While a few unfortunate ships get caught, the larger ones pass through safely. Many stay at port, not wanting to risk their necks with the curse [i]and[/i] beastclans. The Lightning crew has had a number of failures thus far, electrocuting far too many dragons on accident. An Arcane expert has since stepped in, exponentially decreasing injuries over the past few hours. Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20456831][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/204569/20456831_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Liviel is sorting through some of the artifacts with the aid of a few other dragons, Zap peering authoritatively at them and nodding approvingly at their work. Wiping sweat off her brow, Liviel sits beside the table for a moment’s rest. She nods at a chest beside the table. “You’re a helper, yeah? Show us what you’ve got.” [center][item=Tattered Parchment][item=Engaging Still Life][item=Leucistic Crow][item=Deadly Reflection][item=Shed Fuschia Scale][/center][/quote] Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively. Entries are due by 00:40 June 29, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions. [size=1] @MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @KitsuneRuna @GhostPaladin @clarax @Irien [/size]
June 28
Quote:
The sea’s Maren have grown angry, attempting to capsize all ships that sail by them. While a few unfortunate ships get caught, the larger ones pass through safely. Many stay at port, not wanting to risk their necks with the curse and beastclans.

The Lightning crew has had a number of failures thus far, electrocuting far too many dragons on accident. An Arcane expert has since stepped in, exponentially decreasing injuries over the past few hours.

Not far from the docks sits a stand dedicated to recent excavation efforts by one of the region’s numerous archaeology organizations. It has been hastily made, no doubt in the wake of this summer’s surprisingly high interest in artifacts. A number of chests, trunks, and boxes sit near the stand, some of them dubiously stacked.
20456831_350.png

Liviel is sorting through some of the artifacts with the aid of a few other dragons, Zap peering authoritatively at them and nodding approvingly at their work. Wiping sweat off her brow, Liviel sits beside the table for a moment’s rest.

She nods at a chest beside the table. “You’re a helper, yeah? Show us what you’ve got.”

Tattered Parchment Engaging Still Life Leucistic Crow Deadly Reflection

Using any or all of the items above, come up with a written or drawn description of what their purpose may once have been! You can draw or write about an artifact, the history of the Hewn City, or even just your character fiddling about and guessing at everything. Almost anything goes so long as the prompt is addressed creatively.

Entries are due by 00:40 June 29, allowing 10 minutes past rollover for late submissions.

@MagpieScholar @SinMachine @CandyPrincess @theroiprocepios @Gheron @Luminaries @Haoang20082 @hat17 @Kizmetto @Valoria @raynefall @mycologist @chezameed @Draginraptor @Zenhugz @Wookiara @ixris @Fortuna @UserOfShadows @Naga @Valyrie @Tarble @iamlurking @PrincessNight @Tsukistar @Lundlaeva @Lundlaeva @harmonywish @Cngx @phooka @Reyka @Tria91 @UnknownConcept @acheronta @JinxMoonstone @WorldOfOurOwn @Katsuokai @Wonderlast @Shadowdawn199 @IronPen @EmeraldDelta @Basilius @winterbell @KraalofBhaga @LadyKnightKatsa @Scatterspark @LadyRiat @Gheron @TesserWings @Saraceaser @Leopardmask @tokayyoshi @Cosi @SunstonePhoenix @Proxima @RRHepburn @NicoleEirin @Steffon @Shad0stryk @beargirl1393 @KitsuneRuna @GhostPaladin @clarax @Irien
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/B648Ttg.png[/img] [b]Notes: Third Day of Brightshine Jubilee. Name: Lindi.[/b] [i]*A scribbled drawing of something comet-like is the only thing here.* [img]http://i.imgur.com/rSgcRJp.png[/img] [/i] Lindi lands lightly before the stand, her tail twirling in random directions. She nods at the Skydancer sitting before her. [color=#6d6837] "Hello. I'll get right into it today. The scales, while often used in layered armor, can also be crushed into a pigment using great strength. This pigment is a bright fuchsia, and can be used as paint or ink. Arcane dragons absolutely love using it in their writing, as seen on this torn parchment. The painting has a bit of scale paint on it as well, but not really enough to be significant. However, it smells as if... as if it has been through a fire. Interesting. See this blank spot here? There are some ashes dotting it. The dragon or creature who was painting it didn't get out in time to finish, or left it behind in panic. The frame and parchment used are enchanted to be fireproof, explaining why it hasn't burned." Leucistic Crows are a rare sight... unless you live in my clan. In our vault, we have an entire room filled with crows and ravens of all colors, and we use them as messengers to dragons not in the Tangled Wood. Lastly, the mirror... it's very much alive. From my experience with them, after you look into it, it morphs your own reflection into whatever you fear the most. It's extremely unsettling, and some have even been known to actually transform those vain enough to keep staring. I think that about sums it up, yes?"[/color] With a polite bow, Lindi disappears in an explosion of midnight and golden hued glitter. [/center]
B648Ttg.png

Notes: Third Day of Brightshine Jubilee. Name: Lindi.

*A scribbled drawing of something comet-like is the only thing here.*
rSgcRJp.png

Lindi lands lightly before the stand, her tail twirling in random directions. She nods at the Skydancer sitting before her.

"Hello. I'll get right into it today.

The scales, while often used in layered armor, can also be crushed into a pigment using great strength. This pigment is a bright fuchsia, and can be used as paint or ink. Arcane dragons absolutely love using it in their writing, as seen on this torn parchment.

The painting has a bit of scale paint on it as well, but not really enough to be significant. However, it smells as if... as if it has been through a fire. Interesting. See this blank spot here? There are some ashes dotting it. The dragon or creature who was painting it didn't get out in time to finish, or left it behind in panic. The frame and parchment used are enchanted to be fireproof, explaining why it hasn't burned."

Leucistic Crows are a rare sight... unless you live in my clan. In our vault, we have an entire room filled with crows and ravens of all colors, and we use them as messengers to dragons not in the Tangled Wood.

Lastly, the mirror... it's very much alive. From my experience with them, after you look into it, it morphs your own reflection into whatever you fear the most. It's extremely unsettling, and some have even been known to actually transform those vain enough to keep staring.

I think that about sums it up, yes?"

With a polite bow, Lindi disappears in an explosion of midnight and golden hued glitter.
h8ppV79.pngPG7Fgon.png
[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1896635/17#post_21029065]July 27th Prompt[/url] ((This is my first day doing this so I hope this is acceptable!)) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22633009] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226331/22633009_350.png[/img] [/url] Safiah looks down at the contents of the chest. "Oh wow! What a delightful set of things this is!" She smiles as she sorts through the items. "You came to the right dragon. Along with being a designer and seller of apparel, I have an extensive knowledge of the history of fashion!" "Well let us start with these, shall we darling?" she asks, pulling the scythes and tusk from the chest. [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/2049.png[/img][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/1075.png[/img][/center] "These scythes and decorative tusks were made into necklaces and worn by many of the greatest warriors of Hewn City! The scythes show their skill level, as it does take a talented warrior to harvest the scythes from a Kamaitachi. And then there were the tusks! These warriors often had these tusks engraved with the tales of their journeys, told through pictographs or in the Ancient Language of the City." She smiled as she placed the items back into the chest. "What brave dragons, no?" Safiah then pulled the peacock feathers from the chest. "Now! These gaudy things!" [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/13417.png[/img][/center] She laughed as she grabbed five feathers by the stem and placed them behind her head. "In those days, the Hewn City bourgeoisie would have milliners fashion these plumes into elaborate headdresses. Very distinguished, hm? Well, you would not exactly see peasants wearing them." Safiah laughed as she put the feathers back down on the counter. "Now of days, if a dragon has peacock feathers, they will sometimes bring them to designers and have them make much cheaper and smaller versions of those ancient headdresses." Safiah looked up at the dragon standing before her. "If you would like, and have nothing better to do with them, [i]I[/i] have the ability to do just such a thing!" She smiled. "So, darling, what will it be?"
July 27th Prompt
((This is my first day doing this so I hope this is acceptable!))

22633009_350.png

Safiah looks down at the contents of the chest.

"Oh wow! What a delightful set of things this is!"

She smiles as she sorts through the items. "You came to the right dragon. Along with being a designer and seller of apparel, I have an extensive knowledge of the history of fashion!"

"Well let us start with these, shall we darling?" she asks, pulling the scythes and tusk from the chest.
2049.png1075.png

"These scythes and decorative tusks were made into necklaces and worn by many of the greatest warriors of Hewn City! The scythes show their skill level, as it does take a talented warrior to harvest the scythes from a Kamaitachi. And then there were the tusks! These warriors often had these tusks engraved with the tales of their journeys, told through pictographs or in the Ancient Language of the City."

She smiled as she placed the items back into the chest. "What brave dragons, no?"

Safiah then pulled the peacock feathers from the chest.

"Now! These gaudy things!"
13417.png

She laughed as she grabbed five feathers by the stem and placed them behind her head.

"In those days, the Hewn City bourgeoisie would have milliners fashion these plumes into elaborate headdresses. Very distinguished, hm? Well, you would not exactly see peasants wearing them."

Safiah laughed as she put the feathers back down on the counter.

"Now of days, if a dragon has peacock feathers, they will sometimes bring them to designers and have them make much cheaper and smaller versions of those ancient headdresses." Safiah looked up at the dragon standing before her. "If you would like, and have nothing better to do with them, I have the ability to do just such a thing!"

She smiled. "So, darling, what will it be?"
6m7yyyz.png
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24