Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 95 96
@Tadi Problem is that I usually copy/paste my formatting from the previous day and I must've copy/pasted the wrong day yesterday... I'll just have to remember to always pick the actual previous day when I copy my formatting over.
@Tadi Problem is that I usually copy/paste my formatting from the previous day and I must've copy/pasted the wrong day yesterday... I'll just have to remember to always pick the actual previous day when I copy my formatting over.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
No problem B)
If/when you get a familiar, the offer still stands but I get if you wanna go traditional and get a random one I understand
No problem B)
If/when you get a familiar, the offer still stands but I get if you wanna go traditional and get a random one I understand
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
@Leopardmask

Better... I love reading this it like makes my day now to catch up a little. <3
@Leopardmask

Better... I love reading this it like makes my day now to catch up a little. <3
kDn4On5.png
[center][b][i]Day 9 - Past[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @vOceanic @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=oozing tusk] [b]Sentence: [/b]Writing -----[/center] The girls were all sitting casually in the clearing - none of them being particularly picky eaters, they had plenty of food for a few days. The conversation turned toward everyone's past. "So we all left home pretty early, right?" Shimmershale asked. The other two nodded. "Well... why? I know I got pretty lost." Shimmer told the story of wanting to go on an adventure and following her travelling father out of sight of the clan. "I don't know why I didn't think to go in any direction that my clan could possibly be in. I just headed north farther. Probably why the clan didn't find me - I was too far away by the time they noticed." "[i]I'm[/i] wondering how in the world Leftrin can carry you on her back, myself," interjected Marla. "I probably couldn't anymore, she's almost twice my length," observed Leftrin. "And even when I could it was only in the water. This... is pretty embarrassing actually. I, uh, can't dive underwater. Something about me makes me just always float. It's awful and annoying. The only thing it's ever been good for is getting Shimmer across water since she's a Fire dragon. You saw as we traveled here I can swim just fine, I just can't get underwater. I kind of... floated away from my clan." "Wait, what? How?" Marla giggled, barely containing her laughter. Leftrin glared at her. "My clan was in Spiral Keep. Deep underwater. I was just old enough to get trained in hunting and finding my way around underwater, but as soon as I got out of the shell, I just... went up. It was really scary, just shooting through the water like that, out of control. I wonder what my clan thinks happened to me. Or if they even care." Leftrin looked down, and Marla immediately stopped laughing. "What about you, Marla?" Shimmer tried to change the subject. Marla started guiltily. She really didn't want to talk about it. But if she couldn't trust her new clanmates, who could she trust? "Uhh. My old clan, they thought light or bright colored dragons were the best in the clan. My mother was pure white and everyone loved her, but my father is pure black. He always wore white, trying to fit in, but no one liked him. They were really happy when I hatched looking like Mama, but I thought I wasn't light eno- I thought my father, I thought I might be judged too harshly or thought of as less because of my father. So I left before they could... do anything to me." And on that somber note, the conversation had mostly died. They watched each other in awkward silence for a while, then ate their meals and went off to their separate shelters to find something else to do. ----- Well, that was depressing. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a happier pull, like a death streak.
Day 9 - Past
@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @vOceanic @Tadi @AnnaStar353
Pull:
Oozing Tusk
Sentence: Writing
The girls were all sitting casually in the clearing - none of them being particularly picky eaters, they had plenty of food for a few days. The conversation turned toward everyone's past.
"So we all left home pretty early, right?" Shimmershale asked. The other two nodded. "Well... why? I know I got pretty lost." Shimmer told the story of wanting to go on an adventure and following her travelling father out of sight of the clan. "I don't know why I didn't think to go in any direction that my clan could possibly be in. I just headed north farther. Probably why the clan didn't find me - I was too far away by the time they noticed."
"I'm wondering how in the world Leftrin can carry you on her back, myself," interjected Marla.
"I probably couldn't anymore, she's almost twice my length," observed Leftrin. "And even when I could it was only in the water. This... is pretty embarrassing actually. I, uh, can't dive underwater. Something about me makes me just always float. It's awful and annoying. The only thing it's ever been good for is getting Shimmer across water since she's a Fire dragon. You saw as we traveled here I can swim just fine, I just can't get underwater. I kind of... floated away from my clan."
"Wait, what? How?" Marla giggled, barely containing her laughter. Leftrin glared at her.
"My clan was in Spiral Keep. Deep underwater. I was just old enough to get trained in hunting and finding my way around underwater, but as soon as I got out of the shell, I just... went up. It was really scary, just shooting through the water like that, out of control. I wonder what my clan thinks happened to me. Or if they even care." Leftrin looked down, and Marla immediately stopped laughing.
"What about you, Marla?" Shimmer tried to change the subject. Marla started guiltily. She really didn't want to talk about it. But if she couldn't trust her new clanmates, who could she trust?
"Uhh. My old clan, they thought light or bright colored dragons were the best in the clan. My mother was pure white and everyone loved her, but my father is pure black. He always wore white, trying to fit in, but no one liked him. They were really happy when I hatched looking like Mama, but I thought I wasn't light eno- I thought my father, I thought I might be judged too harshly or thought of as less because of my father. So I left before they could... do anything to me."
And on that somber note, the conversation had mostly died. They watched each other in awkward silence for a while, then ate their meals and went off to their separate shelters to find something else to do.
Well, that was depressing. Maybe tomorrow I'll get a happier pull, like a death streak.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 10 - Visitor[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @vOceanic @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=bamboo cluster] [b]Sentence: [/b]Writing -----[/center] Marla woke to an odd whooshing sound, and a sudden gust of wind that nearly knocked her shelter down. She scrambled out as Leftrin came over to get her. "What [i]was[/i] that?" wondered Marla. "It felt like the Windsinger himself passed overhead." Leftrin shrugged. "There was a flash of light too, from the same direction. Should we investigate?" "Yeah, but super carefully," Shimmer said, coming up behind them. "Let's sneak around and see." They spread out, wiggling through bushes, until they saw... a clan. "I swear that wasn't there before," whispered Shimmer. The others agreed. "Should we talk to them?" Marla shook her head. "We're doing fine on our own. I don't want anyone trying to drag us back to our birth clans just yet." Suddenly they heard the bush in front of them rustling. Marla readied herself, about to pounce - on a tiny Mirror hatchling that appeared in front of them. It squeaked in alarm. Marla quickly relaxed and sat down again. "It's all right, we won't hurt you," she said softly. The hatchling stared at them and Marla realized it probably couldn't talk yet. "Is that your clan over there?" Shimmer asked. The hatchling looked around, and nodded. "You'd better go back over to your clan. They might think you're lost or something. You wouldn't want to get lost out here, would you?" The hatchling's eyes widened. It started to turn, glanced back, and scuttled back to the clan in front of them. The girls shuffled back through the bushes to their own clearing. "Well, that was weird," Shimmer observed. ----- The hatchling was completely unrelated to the Pinkerlocke, but since my premise is sorta about my clan always moving but always missing these dragons I wanted to have the clan show up somewhere. I had one hatchling born today and hatchlings always go to the end of the lair ofc - on the other side of the Pinkerlocke dragons. So I decided to include him in a bit.
Day 10 - Visitor
Pull:
Bamboo Cluster
Sentence: Writing
Marla woke to an odd whooshing sound, and a sudden gust of wind that nearly knocked her shelter down. She scrambled out as Leftrin came over to get her.
"What was that?" wondered Marla. "It felt like the Windsinger himself passed overhead."
Leftrin shrugged. "There was a flash of light too, from the same direction. Should we investigate?"
"Yeah, but super carefully," Shimmer said, coming up behind them. "Let's sneak around and see."
They spread out, wiggling through bushes, until they saw... a clan.
"I swear that wasn't there before," whispered Shimmer. The others agreed. "Should we talk to them?"
Marla shook her head. "We're doing fine on our own. I don't want anyone trying to drag us back to our birth clans just yet."
Suddenly they heard the bush in front of them rustling. Marla readied herself, about to pounce - on a tiny Mirror hatchling that appeared in front of them. It squeaked in alarm. Marla quickly relaxed and sat down again. "It's all right, we won't hurt you," she said softly. The hatchling stared at them and Marla realized it probably couldn't talk yet.
"Is that your clan over there?" Shimmer asked. The hatchling looked around, and nodded. "You'd better go back over to your clan. They might think you're lost or something. You wouldn't want to get lost out here, would you?" The hatchling's eyes widened. It started to turn, glanced back, and scuttled back to the clan in front of them. The girls shuffled back through the bushes to their own clearing.
"Well, that was weird," Shimmer observed.
The hatchling was completely unrelated to the Pinkerlocke, but since my premise is sorta about my clan always moving but always missing these dragons I wanted to have the clan show up somewhere. I had one hatchling born today and hatchlings always go to the end of the lair ofc - on the other side of the Pinkerlocke dragons. So I decided to include him in a bit.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

Totally forgot I was asking for more writing stuff on top of this (pls forgive me). I love the idea of a clan always sort of off in the distance.
And squeaking dragons are now my new favorite thing.
@Leopardmask

Totally forgot I was asking for more writing stuff on top of this (pls forgive me). I love the idea of a clan always sort of off in the distance.
And squeaking dragons are now my new favorite thing.
j3zsWMV.png
[center][b][i]Day 11 - Close[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @vOceanic @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=black tetra] [b]Sentence: [/b]30-40 battles in the Coliseum -----[/center] Basilisks. They were the worst enemies in the area. They were often too fast to block or dodge, and they seemed to know exactly where to strike. The three dragons sometimes had to run from a simple pair of Basilisks - seemingly manageable, but once the pair of Basilisks delivered three major blows in a row. The first was an ambush on Marla; the second on Shimmer; the third Leftrin tried to block, but she was too slow. Marla took a blow from the Basilisk directly in her side, and dropped. Eyes widening, Shimmer immediately scooped Marla up while Leftrin fended off the Basilisks, and they ran off into the forest. Shimmer set Marla down and checked closely, with a sigh of relief when she discovered Marla was still breathing. Marla tried to struggle to her feet. Leftrin put a foot gently on her shoulder, keeping her down. "Rest," she said simply. "We'll find healing items for you. Don't get up." It took some time, but soon enough Marla was back on her feet, at least. She grinned at them and Shimmer flicked her with a whisker. "You scared us! Maybe we should avoid those Basilisks." "We need to know how to fight them, though. What if they come through the camp like the stag-moths did?" Marla replied. She worked her way between them and back to the path. Sighing, the other two followed her for more training, Leftrin keeping an especially close eye on her. [center]----[/center] After a long day on the danger path, as they had called it, Leftrin sunk down to one knee, wincing. For the first time the others noticed the scratches all over her scales and wings. "Leftrin, are you okay?" gasped Shimmer. "I will be," Leftrin grunted. "But let's go back to the camp for today." ----- I ended up not having time for 30 Coli battles (nothing to do with Glade Royals, just busy today) so I did enough to get everyone to level 6 and just went with that. 20ish. Had a close call with some Basilisks and a stupid amount of crits, but everyone's okay thankfully.
Day 11 - Close
Pull:
Black Tetra
Sentence: 30-40 battles in the Coliseum
Basilisks. They were the worst enemies in the area. They were often too fast to block or dodge, and they seemed to know exactly where to strike. The three dragons sometimes had to run from a simple pair of Basilisks - seemingly manageable, but once the pair of Basilisks delivered three major blows in a row. The first was an ambush on Marla; the second on Shimmer; the third Leftrin tried to block, but she was too slow. Marla took a blow from the Basilisk directly in her side, and dropped. Eyes widening, Shimmer immediately scooped Marla up while Leftrin fended off the Basilisks, and they ran off into the forest. Shimmer set Marla down and checked closely, with a sigh of relief when she discovered Marla was still breathing. Marla tried to struggle to her feet. Leftrin put a foot gently on her shoulder, keeping her down.
"Rest," she said simply. "We'll find healing items for you. Don't get up."
It took some time, but soon enough Marla was back on her feet, at least. She grinned at them and Shimmer flicked her with a whisker.
"You scared us! Maybe we should avoid those Basilisks."
"We need to know how to fight them, though. What if they come through the camp like the stag-moths did?" Marla replied. She worked her way between them and back to the path. Sighing, the other two followed her for more training, Leftrin keeping an especially close eye on her.
----
After a long day on the danger path, as they had called it, Leftrin sunk down to one knee, wincing. For the first time the others noticed the scratches all over her scales and wings.
"Leftrin, are you okay?" gasped Shimmer.
"I will be," Leftrin grunted. "But let's go back to the camp for today."
I ended up not having time for 30 Coli battles (nothing to do with Glade Royals, just busy today) so I did enough to get everyone to level 6 and just went with that. 20ish. Had a close call with some Basilisks and a stupid amount of crits, but everyone's okay thankfully.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 12 - Combat[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @vOceanic @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=discipline] [b]Sentence: [/b]Death Streak roll Roll: Heads - DEATH STREAK -----[/center] "No," Shimmer said firmly. "You two are both injured still from last time. We're not training more until you recover." "I'm [i]fine[/i]," Marla insisted. "I just-" They were interrupted by a noise from the danger path. "Well," Marla grinned, "Looks like we're getting some training after all." ----- Death streaks make me super nervous. I actually went and BOUGHT 10 minor health potions because I didn't have any. I don't even know if that's allowed, it doesn't actually say on the Pinkerlocke page. Anyway, I used 4 but everyone survived. I should probably teach someone Aid or something.
Day 12 - Combat
Pull:
Discipline
Sentence: Death Streak roll
Roll: Heads - DEATH STREAK
"No," Shimmer said firmly. "You two are both injured still from last time. We're not training more until you recover."
"I'm fine," Marla insisted. "I just-" They were interrupted by a noise from the danger path.
"Well," Marla grinned, "Looks like we're getting some training after all."
Death streaks make me super nervous. I actually went and BOUGHT 10 minor health potions because I didn't have any. I don't even know if that's allowed, it doesn't actually say on the Pinkerlocke page. Anyway, I used 4 but everyone survived. I should probably teach someone Aid or something.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 13 - Strength[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @vOceanic @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=swimming anole] [b]Sentence: [/b]40-50 battles in the Coli -----[/center] "I am EXHAUSTED," announced Shimmer, flopping down in the clearing. ----- [i][b]Oh my gosh so much Coli I don't have TIME for this[/b][/i] It actually went super well, I did actually do 40 battles in Woodland Path and everyone is now level 7. But Scorched Forest is hard so I'll probably stay in the Path for at least another level.
Day 13 - Strength
Pull:
Swimming Anole
Sentence: 40-50 battles in the Coli
"I am EXHAUSTED," announced Shimmer, flopping down in the clearing.
Oh my gosh so much Coli I don't have TIME for this
It actually went super well, I did actually do 40 battles in Woodland Path and everyone is now level 7. But Scorched Forest is hard so I'll probably stay in the Path for at least another level.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask this looks exhausting. Q_Q I'm training Roses normally and we've still wiped out like 5 times.

And I'm also beginning to realize that I will be horribly heartbroke if one of the girls meets an untimely end.
@Leopardmask this looks exhausting. Q_Q I'm training Roses normally and we've still wiped out like 5 times.

And I'm also beginning to realize that I will be horribly heartbroke if one of the girls meets an untimely end.
j3zsWMV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 95 96