Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Nameless ~a Pinkerlocke~
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 95 96
@Caelyn As it turns out, when it comes to writing I apparently can't do anything halfway :P
And yeah, ever since I decided on Marla's story I thought her slash attack should look like Shadow Claw, because I really like how that looks in the Pokemon anime. That's about the best gif I could find of it.
@Caelyn As it turns out, when it comes to writing I apparently can't do anything halfway :P
And yeah, ever since I decided on Marla's story I thought her slash attack should look like Shadow Claw, because I really like how that looks in the Pokemon anime. That's about the best gif I could find of it.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
...Crim just asked me for a Rambra. Too soon, Crim.
...Crim just asked me for a Rambra. Too soon, Crim.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 28 - Company[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=Titanium Wrench] [b]Sentence: [/b]Writing -----[/center] Octave flew over the forest, going nowhere in particular. He was trying not to think much, but at the same time his location relative to the group was at the back of his mind. He banked around, went into a steep dive, then pulled up just before he hit the trees, zooming across the canopy at high speed. He saw a flash of light below him. Before he could react, he was blown into a spin by a sudden rush of air. He fell below the canopy and instinctively latched onto a branch before falling too far. Curious, Octave started treehopping like a flying squirrel until he could see... a clearing? There had only been trees before, he knew it. And a lot of dragons moved around the space as if nothing was out of the ordinary. This was their clan, he realized. But... how? Remembering what Marla and the others had said about staying hidden, he flew back through the trees as quickly as he dared. [center]----[/center] Shimmershale looked out toward the direction the spontaneous gust of wind had come from. "Was that...?" At that moment Octave rocketed out of the trees. Hooking one of Shimmer's antlers with his hind feet, he swung around to face everyone, upside-down. "Guys!" he said breathlessly. "I was flying and I saw a light and I got spun around and then there were a bunch of [i]other dragons[/i] all over the place and - " Shimmer cut him off. "Calm down, little guy. We know, we felt the gust of wind all the way over here. How close?" Octave shut his mouth in surprise. "You know about them?" "They've appeared near us before," Leftrin interjected. "Sometimes it almost seems like they're following us." "Well..." Octave dithered. "They aren't THAT close, really. Like, the same distance it'd take to cross that burned area." "We shouldn't have to worry then," Leftrin reassured him. "But we should probably tell Marla when she gets back from hunting." "Don't worry, I heard." Marla trotted toward them carrying some fish and prey animals. "You think this is enough food for the four of us? I would have gotten more but It was trying to catch me off guard the whole time. Probably thought I'd be more vulnerable alone. It almost got me at one point but all It accomplished was throwing half the prey I caught in the river. Ooooo, scary." [b][size=2]Y[/size][size=1]OU DON'T YET KNOW MY FULL PLAN.[/size][/b] [i][size=2]Do YOU even know your full plan?[/size][/i] "Anyway, here's what I could salvage, plus the stuff that didn't get thrown in the river in the first place." She dropped the food for everyone to choose from. Octave immediately grabbed two snakes and a slightly waterlogged rabbit. "It looks like plenty," Shimmer noted. "Anyway, Leftrin and I can both eat some of the plants around here too, though I'd rather not myself." Octave fluttered down to the ground to eat, an uncommon action for a Nocturne. Marla sat down next to him, mostly just to annoy the Dark One in her head. She smirked as she felt Its frustration. ----- Well, [i]I[/i] don't know the Dark One's plan yet either.
Day 28 - Company
@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353
Pull:
Titanium Wrench
Sentence: Writing
Octave flew over the forest, going nowhere in particular. He was trying not to think much, but at the same time his location relative to the group was at the back of his mind. He banked around, went into a steep dive, then pulled up just before he hit the trees, zooming across the canopy at high speed. He saw a flash of light below him. Before he could react, he was blown into a spin by a sudden rush of air. He fell below the canopy and instinctively latched onto a branch before falling too far.
Curious, Octave started treehopping like a flying squirrel until he could see... a clearing? There had only been trees before, he knew it. And a lot of dragons moved around the space as if nothing was out of the ordinary. This was their clan, he realized. But... how?
Remembering what Marla and the others had said about staying hidden, he flew back through the trees as quickly as he dared.
----
Shimmershale looked out toward the direction the spontaneous gust of wind had come from. "Was that...?"
At that moment Octave rocketed out of the trees. Hooking one of Shimmer's antlers with his hind feet, he swung around to face everyone, upside-down. "Guys!" he said breathlessly. "I was flying and I saw a light and I got spun around and then there were a bunch of other dragons all over the place and - "
Shimmer cut him off. "Calm down, little guy. We know, we felt the gust of wind all the way over here. How close?"
Octave shut his mouth in surprise. "You know about them?"
"They've appeared near us before," Leftrin interjected. "Sometimes it almost seems like they're following us."
"Well..." Octave dithered. "They aren't THAT close, really. Like, the same distance it'd take to cross that burned area."
"We shouldn't have to worry then," Leftrin reassured him. "But we should probably tell Marla when she gets back from hunting."
"Don't worry, I heard." Marla trotted toward them carrying some fish and prey animals. "You think this is enough food for the four of us? I would have gotten more but It was trying to catch me off guard the whole time. Probably thought I'd be more vulnerable alone. It almost got me at one point but all It accomplished was throwing half the prey I caught in the river. Ooooo, scary."

YOU DON'T YET KNOW MY FULL PLAN.

Do YOU even know your full plan?

"Anyway, here's what I could salvage, plus the stuff that didn't get thrown in the river in the first place." She dropped the food for everyone to choose from. Octave immediately grabbed two snakes and a slightly waterlogged rabbit.
"It looks like plenty," Shimmer noted. "Anyway, Leftrin and I can both eat some of the plants around here too, though I'd rather not myself."
Octave fluttered down to the ground to eat, an uncommon action for a Nocturne. Marla sat down next to him, mostly just to annoy the Dark One in her head. She smirked as she felt Its frustration.
Well, I don't know the Dark One's plan yet either.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 29 - Continuation[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=Unicorn dust] [b]Sentence: [/b]Writing -----[/center] "We should go spy on them." Leftrin stared evenly at Marla when the Mirror spoke. Octave flew down and rapped on her head with his knuckle. "Hello? Marla? Is that actually you in there?" Marla blinked and shook her head. "Huh? What did I say? Did you guys actually listen to me?" "You suggested we go spy on that moving clan. We weren't completely sure but we didn't think you'd say something like that," Leftrin told her. Marla took a deep breath. "It's trying to catch me off guard. Since I haven't been sleeping much It's been able to actually get through I guess." Leftrin grinned. "See, if it had been me that wouldn't be a problem, would it?" Marla rolled her eyes good-naturedly. ----- So I need a good nickname that Marla can start calling the Shade. Something that doesn't start with "the", and preferably something that's at least a little bit irreverent.
Day 29 - Continuation
Pull:
Unicorn Dust
Sentence: Writing
"We should go spy on them."
Leftrin stared evenly at Marla when the Mirror spoke. Octave flew down and rapped on her head with his knuckle. "Hello? Marla? Is that actually you in there?"
Marla blinked and shook her head. "Huh? What did I say? Did you guys actually listen to me?"
"You suggested we go spy on that moving clan. We weren't completely sure but we didn't think you'd say something like that," Leftrin told her.
Marla took a deep breath. "It's trying to catch me off guard. Since I haven't been sleeping much It's been able to actually get through I guess."
Leftrin grinned. "See, if it had been me that wouldn't be a problem, would it?" Marla rolled her eyes good-naturedly.
So I need a good nickname that Marla can start calling the Shade. Something that doesn't start with "the", and preferably something that's at least a little bit irreverent.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask

For some reason, Spooky Puppy came to mind. Ignore that. (It was probably the Shade's suggestion lmao).
Quote:

I imagine some kinda creepy-spooky thing that might just be misunderstood. Not sure if Spooky Puppy here's just weird or genuinely evil. o:

Also: way too soon, Crim. :(
@Leopardmask

For some reason, Spooky Puppy came to mind. Ignore that. (It was probably the Shade's suggestion lmao).
Quote:

I imagine some kinda creepy-spooky thing that might just be misunderstood. Not sure if Spooky Puppy here's just weird or genuinely evil. o:

Also: way too soon, Crim. :(
j3zsWMV.png
@Leopardmask
So if you want a serious name, maybe like Noir. Sounds like a name, means black.
The funny option? Hmm she starts calling it flower names, because daisies just aren't scary.
The Marla options (cause remember she named Leftrin for being on the left) something to do with not letting her sleep maybe?
After mild goggeling Tocsin or siren?
@Leopardmask
So if you want a serious name, maybe like Noir. Sounds like a name, means black.
The funny option? Hmm she starts calling it flower names, because daisies just aren't scary.
The Marla options (cause remember she named Leftrin for being on the left) something to do with not letting her sleep maybe?
After mild goggeling Tocsin or siren?
~She/her~
Don't be afraid to ping me
nature_small.png #UnnamedIsValid
Let them fight!
@AnnaStar353 Hmm... Or just call It 'Somnia? I like the flower option too, maybe she'll just call It something different every time.

Tall, Dark, and Spooky.
Loser. (The Shade lost the battle against the gods)
Petunia.
This'll be fun.
@AnnaStar353 Hmm... Or just call It 'Somnia? I like the flower option too, maybe she'll just call It something different every time.

Tall, Dark, and Spooky.
Loser. (The Shade lost the battle against the gods)
Petunia.
This'll be fun.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[center][b][i]Day 30 - Nope[/i][/b] [size=1]@blaireau @Kyrinasha @KCSquib @Caelyn @Tadi @AnnaStar353[/size] [b]Pull:[/b] [item=Maroon Head Wrap] [b]Sentence: [/b] Breed two dragons/Scroll a dragon -----[/center] Really Pinkerton. No. I mean, I have 298kT right now, but no.
Day 30 - Nope
Pull:
Maroon Head Wrap
Sentence: Breed two dragons/Scroll a dragon
Really Pinkerton.
No.
I mean, I have 298kT right now, but no.
___ [IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
@Leopardmask