Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Zephyr: Issue 39
[center]The Mistral Jamboree is here, everyone! Are you ready to celebrate? Collect those Messengers Scrolls! You can find them by doing gathering in the Wind regions, brewing them with Baldwin, or defeating Wind or neutral monsters in the Coliseum. Beside collecting these scrolls, there is far more you can do! There are 18 events to be enjoyed by members of all flights, including a kite designing contest, a battle of the DJs, a fortune teller, the Mistral Masquerade, a riddle game, cooking contest and much, much more! [size=6][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1788919#18493356]Check out all the events here! Happy Mistral Jamboree![/url][/size][/center] ----- [center]Need food? [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/1769596]The Meat Locker[/url] has you covered! Pop in today for some free food![/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Mistral Messages[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] We invited windies to participate in a little Mistral Jamboree message-writing program, for things to be listed in our wonderful paper. So here’s some of the messages we got from our flight, to our flight! ----- To my fellow readers: Cherish these moments. Time slips past faster than you would think, and eventually, this will fade from your memory. Cherish the Zephyr and its wonderful staff; Cherish Flight Rising as it is today, as this is the site’s Golden Age. Life is comprised of moments, but so few of us really stop to appreciate that. To quote ‘Let Her Go’ by Passenger: “You only need the light when it’s burning low, you only miss the sun when it starts to snow…” We only wish for things we don’t have, and we only wish we had done things differently once that chance has passed. You, the users, have made Flight Rising the way it is. Even if a group of people made the world’s best site, it could crash and burn if the people who used it did not truly appreciate the site. You are the life of Flight Rising, and I thank you for making it the way it is. -Aquacoral ----- I hope everyone has tons of fun during the Mistral Jamboree! Thank you for making writing for the Zephyr so much fun! You all are the [b]best[/b]!! ^-^ -Toothless ----- Have a wonderful day, and happy dragoning! Always remember that you’re the coolest. -Surpirate ----- I hope everyone has a fantastic Mistral Jamboree! Don’t forget to take care of yourself and remember to treat yourself the way you’d treat anyone else. -Griffinlord775 ----- I wish you all a wonderful Mistral Jamboree! May you all have a great week! -Cinnimoncynic ----- Happy Mistral Jamboree! I hope you all are hipped up like I am! You all are great! #LoveingFR4ever -GhostQueen13 ----- Hope you all have an awesome Mistral Jamboree! May Windpapa give you endless amounts of currency, chests, and some celebratory eggs to hatch! -jarethbowie ----- Have fun with Mistral, fellow Flighters (flightrisingers? FR-ers? ???)! I hope you guys enjoy it, and help yourself to some bad puns. Let off a little steam, ya know. (; -Dragonweaver ----- I hope you all have a lovely Mistral Jamboree! Flight Rising would be nothing without its community of awesome users, which wouldn’t exist without all of you! Thank you all for helping to make Flight Rising the amazing place it is! Have a great week everyone! :D -aly922 ----- [img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c64/miauwtje/Flight%20Rising%20Stuff/windsingerlol.jpg[/img] Ice-cream on a stick, because… arm and face distance too great xD ~ inuraichi ----- Everybody get up it's time to slam now We got a real jam goin' down Welcome to the Mist Jam Here's your chance do your dance at the Mist Jam Alright! :3c -hanazawa ----- Everyone have lots of fun at MJ and prepare to party when windpapa comes home! Also a BIG thank you to all procurers, trainers, hoarders and little helpers behind the scenes, who helped us out during the DOM push! You guys rock! ~ Ailey ----- Congratulations to everyone who exalted dragon during the push! It’s amazing hom many dragons we managed to exalt. ~BrightShine ----- FR’s community around the holidays is always hype - I hope everyone enjoys the festival and may Windsinger give you luck in those coli drops! Also thank you to everyone who participated in our public raffle :D xoxo LCK [/center] ----- [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=mb&board=baz&id=1350404][img]http://orig01.deviantart.net/aa84/f/2016/012/5/1/sig_by_cas_a_fras-d9np1ke.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Guest article - recipe[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] [img]http://33.media.tumblr.com/add7479a2df0e389d793af57a6fdcff1/tumblr_ncrbnsFTB71tulcmho1_500.gif[/img] Oh dear, what’s going on here? Some of you may have heard of a world called Skyloft. It bears some resemblance to our wonderful home that is the Windswept Plateau. One of our readers, Aledria, has found that Skyloft’s pumpkin soup doesn’t have to be limited to the town of Skyloft- it can also be prepared on the Windswept Plateau and beyond! [url=http://www.fiction-food.com/2013/10/pumkin-soup-from-legend-of-zelda.html]Want to make some delicious pumpkin soup yourself? Go here to find out how![/url] Written by Foxofwonders and Aledria Want to write a guest article too? Contact @Foxofwonders![/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Economy Section[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] Hello, readers! This issue’s econ section is on some of the Mistral Jamboree items and skins/accents. I hope you all have some luck in acquiring some of these items over our lovely wind holiday. [b]ITEM - TREASURE PRICE AVERAGE - GEM PRICE AVERAGE RECOMMENDATION[/b] Whirlwind Emblem - INSUFFICIENT DATA - 40.3kt Recommendation: Wait until later in the festival to buy an emblem with gems. No more than 40-45kt. Whirlwind Crown - INSUFFICIENT DATA - 37.4kt Recommendation: Wait until later in the festival to buy a crown with gems. No more than 37kt. Windbound Mask - 90g - 64kt Recommendation: Wait until later in the festival to buy. No more than 95-100g and 70kt. Hurricane Herald - 52g - 35.9kt Recommendation: No more than 60g and 40kt. Windchild (MJ Skin) - 67g - 33.2kt Recommendation: No more than 70g and 35kt. Bamboo Falls (MJ Skin) - 85g - 50.9kt Recommendation: No more than 90g and 51kt. Wind Bells - 89g - 49kt Recommendation: No more than 90g and 50kt. As always, apologies for any mistakes! We over at the Zephyr hope you all have a wonderful Mistral Jamboree, whether you’re a wind-flighter or not. Written by Crackle, representing Yellowfangg.[/center] ----- [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/1694540][img]http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l334/emoXteddyfortheday/My%20drawings/FR%20Art%20Shop/Chibi-Ad_zpsppbgljfo.png[/img][/url][/center] ----- [center][size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Comic[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] [img]http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/superdog1994/zephy%2028.jpg[/img] ----- [size=6][size=5][b][u][font=courier]Opinion Column[/font][/u][/b][/size][/size] Last time we asked you about your thoughts on the relation between older and newer clans- and woah, we got a LOT of responses! Luckily, they were overwhelmingly positive. Nearly half of the voters thought older clans are great teachers that help newer clans on their way. Some, like AdventureChaser, may have felt a little intimidated at first by the big clans around them, but soon felt welcome as olded clans helped out, and were friendly overall. Surpirate can confirm the friendliness. [i]“When I joined, people were giving freebies to the new players, recommending guides, and generally being awesome when showing us the ropes.” -Surpirate[/i] Have you helped newer clans in the past? Well, your awesomeness hasn’t gone unnoticed! However, a large chunk of votes also went to the option stating that it didn’t make much of a difference once clans have settled properly- it can indeed be pretty hard to guess a clan’s age sometimes. Not everyone feels that way though. Some also think that, especially when it comes to items, older clans definitely have an advantage over younger ones. They have a point too- it’s not so easy to get your hands on any kind of sprite nowadays. [img]http://i.imgur.com/0Dg8V03.png[/img] Also, there was this really sweet, thoughtful message by Juri01 that really deserves a place here: [size=2][i]“I meet a lot of nice players her on FR that helped me out getting started properly, and do so even now. A lot are open to questions and willing to give a helping hand. I also noticed, as everyone is giving a good example, that 'younger' clans - being online for some time - often stated to feel the need of 'giving back' to the game, helping out the new players too, creating a very nice and welcoming invironment! Therefor I'd also say: "Once clans have settled properly age doesn't make a difference- older clans aren't often noticeably wiser or wealthier." FR works itself around the co-existing and the working together of all user: You can rise wealth by playing in the Fairgrounds, bounding with familiars or by being active in forums - you can enter raffles, offering your art or writing skills for treasure and gems too. It takes some time, yes! But what fun would a game be if it's just a walk-through? Older clans maybe deal with the same problems as younger clans do. Maybe the played the game longer and some items are very hard to get (Kickstarter items, certain apparel/skin/accents - I'd love to get you!~), but FR thanks to the games terms (and players) it may be not completely impossible ^^ Thank you everyone who helped me out (and sometimes still does) with my clan! You are all wounderful, nice people! Let's get along well in the future too!! To the 'younger' generation: Have fun playing! Your goal my be not so far off then you think it is ;3 “ - Juri01[/i][/size] We also got some great recommendations for questions for new questions, and don’t worry- we’ll definitely make sure they get asked in one of our future issues! For now, however, in the spirit of the Mistral Jamboree, let’s ask a more windy question: [b]What’s your favourite nickname for the Windsinger?[/b] [size=6][url=http://goo.gl/forms/LUCi2VPq7t]Click here to answer the question![/url][/size]
The Mistral Jamboree is here, everyone! Are you ready to celebrate?
Collect those Messengers Scrolls! You can find them by doing gathering in the Wind regions, brewing them with Baldwin, or defeating Wind or neutral monsters in the Coliseum.

Beside collecting these scrolls, there is far more you can do! There are 18 events to be enjoyed by members of all flights, including a kite designing contest, a battle of the DJs, a fortune teller, the Mistral Masquerade, a riddle game, cooking contest and much, much more!

Check out all the events here! Happy Mistral Jamboree!

Need food? The Meat Locker has you covered! Pop in today for some free food!

Mistral Messages

We invited windies to participate in a little Mistral Jamboree message-writing program, for things to be listed in our wonderful paper. So here’s some of the messages we got from our flight, to our flight!

To my fellow readers: Cherish these moments. Time slips past faster than you would think, and eventually, this will fade from your memory. Cherish the Zephyr and its wonderful staff; Cherish Flight Rising as it is today, as this is the site’s Golden Age. Life is comprised of moments, but so few of us really stop to appreciate that. To quote ‘Let Her Go’ by Passenger: “You only need the light when it’s burning low, you only miss the sun when it starts to snow…” We only wish for things we don’t have, and we only wish we had done things differently once that chance has passed. You, the users, have made Flight Rising the way it is. Even if a group of people made the world’s best site, it could crash and burn if the people who used it did not truly appreciate the site. You are the life of Flight Rising, and I thank you for making it the way it is.

-Aquacoral

I hope everyone has tons of fun during the Mistral Jamboree! Thank you for making writing for the Zephyr so much fun! You all are the best!! ^-^

-Toothless

Have a wonderful day, and happy dragoning! Always remember that you’re the coolest.

-Surpirate

I hope everyone has a fantastic Mistral Jamboree! Don’t forget to take care of yourself and remember to treat yourself the way you’d treat anyone else.

-Griffinlord775

I wish you all a wonderful Mistral Jamboree! May you all have a great week!

-Cinnimoncynic

Happy Mistral Jamboree! I hope you all are hipped up like I am! You all are great!
#LoveingFR4ever

-GhostQueen13

Hope you all have an awesome Mistral Jamboree! May Windpapa give you endless amounts of currency, chests, and some celebratory eggs to hatch!

-jarethbowie

Have fun with Mistral, fellow Flighters (flightrisingers? FR-ers? ???)! I hope you guys enjoy it, and help yourself to some bad puns.

Let off a little steam, ya know. (;

-Dragonweaver

I hope you all have a lovely Mistral Jamboree! Flight Rising would be nothing without its community of awesome users, which wouldn’t exist without all of you! Thank you all for helping to make Flight Rising the amazing place it is! Have a great week everyone! :D

-aly922

windsingerlol.jpg
Ice-cream on a stick, because… arm and face distance too great xD

~ inuraichi

Everybody get up it's time to slam now
We got a real jam goin' down
Welcome to the Mist Jam
Here's your chance do your dance at the Mist Jam
Alright!

:3c

-hanazawa

Everyone have lots of fun at MJ and prepare to party when windpapa comes home! Also a BIG thank you to all procurers, trainers, hoarders and little helpers behind the scenes, who helped us out during the DOM push! You guys rock!

~ Ailey

Congratulations to everyone who exalted dragon during the push! It’s amazing hom many dragons we managed to exalt.

~BrightShine

FR’s community around the holidays is always hype - I hope everyone enjoys the festival and may Windsinger give you luck in those coli drops! Also thank you to everyone who participated in our public raffle :D

xoxo LCK

sig_by_cas_a_fras-d9np1ke.png

Guest article - recipe
tumblr_ncrbnsFTB71tulcmho1_500.gif

Oh dear, what’s going on here? Some of you may have heard of a world called Skyloft. It bears some resemblance to our wonderful home that is the Windswept Plateau.

One of our readers, Aledria, has found that Skyloft’s pumpkin soup doesn’t have to be limited to the town of Skyloft- it can also be prepared on the Windswept Plateau and beyond!
Want to make some delicious pumpkin soup yourself? Go here to find out how!

Written by Foxofwonders and Aledria

Want to write a guest article too? Contact @Foxofwonders!

Economy Section

Hello, readers! This issue’s econ section is on some of the Mistral Jamboree items and skins/accents. I hope you all have some luck in acquiring some of these items over our lovely wind holiday.

ITEM - TREASURE PRICE AVERAGE - GEM PRICE AVERAGE
RECOMMENDATION

Whirlwind Emblem - INSUFFICIENT DATA - 40.3kt
Recommendation: Wait until later in the festival to buy an emblem with gems. No more than 40-45kt.

Whirlwind Crown - INSUFFICIENT DATA - 37.4kt
Recommendation: Wait until later in the festival to buy a crown with gems. No more than 37kt.

Windbound Mask - 90g - 64kt
Recommendation: Wait until later in the festival to buy. No more than 95-100g and 70kt.

Hurricane Herald - 52g - 35.9kt
Recommendation: No more than 60g and 40kt.

Windchild (MJ Skin) - 67g - 33.2kt
Recommendation: No more than 70g and 35kt.

Bamboo Falls (MJ Skin) - 85g - 50.9kt
Recommendation: No more than 90g and 51kt.

Wind Bells - 89g - 49kt
Recommendation: No more than 90g and 50kt.

As always, apologies for any mistakes! We over at the Zephyr hope you all have a wonderful Mistral Jamboree, whether you’re a wind-flighter or not.

Written by Crackle, representing Yellowfangg.

Chibi-Ad_zpsppbgljfo.png

Comic

zephy%2028.jpg

Opinion Column
Last time we asked you about your thoughts on the relation between older and newer clans- and woah, we got a LOT of responses! Luckily, they were overwhelmingly positive.

Nearly half of the voters thought older clans are great teachers that help newer clans on their way. Some, like AdventureChaser, may have felt a little intimidated at first by the big clans around them, but soon felt welcome as olded clans helped out, and were friendly overall. Surpirate can confirm the friendliness.
“When I joined, people were giving freebies to the new players, recommending guides, and generally being awesome when showing us the ropes.” -Surpirate
Have you helped newer clans in the past? Well, your awesomeness hasn’t gone unnoticed!
However, a large chunk of votes also went to the option stating that it didn’t make much of a difference once clans have settled properly- it can indeed be pretty hard to guess a clan’s age sometimes. Not everyone feels that way though. Some also think that, especially when it comes to items, older clans definitely have an advantage over younger ones. They have a point too- it’s not so easy to get your hands on any kind of sprite nowadays.
0Dg8V03.png
Also, there was this really sweet, thoughtful message by Juri01 that really deserves a place here:
“I meet a lot of nice players her on FR that helped me out getting started properly, and do so even now. A lot are open to questions and willing to give a helping hand. I also noticed, as everyone is giving a good example, that 'younger' clans - being online for some time - often stated to feel the need of 'giving back' to the game, helping out the new players too, creating a very nice and welcoming invironment! Therefor I'd also say: "Once clans have settled properly age doesn't make a difference- older clans aren't often noticeably wiser or wealthier." FR works itself around the co-existing and the working together of all user: You can rise wealth by playing in the Fairgrounds, bounding with familiars or by being active in forums - you can enter raffles, offering your art or writing skills for treasure and gems too. It takes some time, yes! But what fun would a game be if it's just a walk-through? Older clans maybe deal with the same problems as younger clans do. Maybe the played the game longer and some items are very hard to get (Kickstarter items, certain apparel/skin/accents - I'd love to get you!~), but FR thanks to the games terms (and players) it may be not completely impossible ^^ Thank you everyone who helped me out (and sometimes still does) with my clan! You are all wounderful, nice people! Let's get along well in the future too!! To the 'younger' generation: Have fun playing! Your goal my be not so far off then you think it is ;3 “ - Juri01

We also got some great recommendations for questions for new questions, and don’t worry- we’ll definitely make sure they get asked in one of our future issues! For now, however, in the spirit of the Mistral Jamboree, let’s ask a more windy question:
What’s your favourite nickname for the Windsinger?
Click here to answer the question!

JdNuZC1.pngoJDPLnw.jpgBgTpE9C.png
@starlight18
@starlight18
1421_150px_starlight18_by_miirshroom-dbyz1qc.pngR3OpbRR.png
R3OpbRR.png[/img]
SuYkYP9.png
tumblr_op6tymvBq91wo8ivwo1_100.gif[/url]
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
I can't believe it took me so long to read this. ;w; What a great article and @Juri01 your response was perfect! <3 So sweet!
I can't believe it took me so long to read this. ;w; What a great article and @Juri01 your response was perfect! <3 So sweet!
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
qGZwGPH.png
oh, thank you @Toothless ^////^
... just noticed Zephyr has mentioned me...it totaly surprised me!
I was kind of busy lately and so I finally got to read this Issue thanks to your ping! :3
oh, thank you @Toothless ^////^
... just noticed Zephyr has mentioned me...it totaly surprised me!
I was kind of busy lately and so I finally got to read this Issue thanks to your ping! :3
@Juri01
You're welcome~ And haha it's always a nice surprise to be featured :3c
@Juri01
You're welcome~ And haha it's always a nice surprise to be featured :3c
84d669668790b279a1734f4a81a8e75e9ae50900.png fLdYOuE.png
Gj9DhHn.png
bYt72YT.png
fdUVIfW.png
FObX7rS.png
UIuKM01.pngzwkSD6b.png
Some current special interests: Dokibird, Fuwamoco, magical girls, Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation.. more here!
Previous usernames: MystaRias, dokidokibunni, Sylphiette, Toothless
z3FSuck.pngK9W8Tym.png
qGZwGPH.png