Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | [T] More Eliminate Problems
[quote name="mek" date="2013-08-25 05:03:44"]@KatanaAngel Meditate reduces the damage done by physical attacks for three turns.[/quote] ...on of a gun I thought that meant it REDUCED DAMAGE COMING IN, not the other way. I should have read more closely. I'm an idiot, and I want to thank you for pointing that out to me. I'm going to fix that right now.
mek wrote on 2013-08-25 05:03:44:
@KatanaAngel Meditate reduces the damage done by physical attacks for three turns.

...on of a gun I thought that meant it REDUCED DAMAGE COMING IN, not the other way. I should have read more closely.

I'm an idiot, and I want to thank you for pointing that out to me. I'm going to fix that right now.
Wanted to report that Eliminate is still not refunding breath if used to end an encounter. I can see the breath being refunded as the experience/loot popup appears, but at the start of the next battle the refunded breath is gone.

Edit: This only seems to happen if the dragon using the move has over 85 breath points when the attack is used. Upon starting the next round of fighting, his breath is reset to 85 points, even if he had more at the end of the last battle.
Wanted to report that Eliminate is still not refunding breath if used to end an encounter. I can see the breath being refunded as the experience/loot popup appears, but at the start of the next battle the refunded breath is gone.

Edit: This only seems to happen if the dragon using the move has over 85 breath points when the attack is used. Upon starting the next round of fighting, his breath is reset to 85 points, even if he had more at the end of the last battle.
I have also experienced the breath decreasing to 85 when continuing to fight after a dragon uses eliminate. It only appears to affect a dragon that ends the battle with breath above 85 and uses eliminate at any point (even multiple times) in the battle. It will affect both of my melee fighter's if they both use eliminate in the same battle fulfilling the other conditions.

I have also occasionally experienced the... animation error (?) where the breath bar increases before decreasing. I have not noticed this occurring on a missed attack.

Dragons that I have seen this with are my progens (I do not have any other dragons set up with eliminate at this time). Using Chrome.

Edit: missed brackets.
I have also experienced the breath decreasing to 85 when continuing to fight after a dragon uses eliminate. It only appears to affect a dragon that ends the battle with breath above 85 and uses eliminate at any point (even multiple times) in the battle. It will affect both of my melee fighter's if they both use eliminate in the same battle fulfilling the other conditions.

I have also occasionally experienced the... animation error (?) where the breath bar increases before decreasing. I have not noticed this occurring on a missed attack.

Dragons that I have seen this with are my progens (I do not have any other dragons set up with eliminate at this time). Using Chrome.

Edit: missed brackets.
Shining Light Store Selling dragons. Closed for now.
I've experienced the same problem with eliminate as the two who posted above me!
I've experienced the same problem with eliminate as the two who posted above me!
Things I've noticed: [list] [*] Eliminate works fine at 35 to 85 breath [*] Upon reaching 85 breath, two things can happen: [list] [*] Breath can be recharged with an energy stone (like Scratch or Meditate) but even at 86 to 120, Breath sinks down to 85 as if it didn't recharge - consistently - when using Eliminate [*] Breath can be recharged with an energy stone (like Scratch or Meditate) and stays at that amount (86 or higher) until Eliminate is used, in which case it reverts back to 85[/list] [*] Eliminate can have a "timing" issue, with recharge increasing to 120 (from 85) before sinking back down again when Eliminate hits, instead of sinking to 50 (from 85) and regaining Breath[/list] I'm not a coder, but I think the issues are linked. 120 is 35 from 85. Could it be possible that Eliminate's "stuck on 85" thing could be either caused from or stemming from the same issue as the timing issue? When I first put Eliminate on my dragons - non-progenitor Guardians that were, at the time, ungened and had no battle stones - I noticed that even if I got the breath bar maxed out, Eliminate would drop it to 91, which seemed really strange to me. I didn't report it because I figured it was a game mechanic. This was after the Great Downtime; it dropped to 85 after rollover. The thing that worries me most about this glitch or bug is that, if it keeps dropping, there's going to be a point where Eliminate would deplete [i]all[/i] of a dragon's Breath, not just 35 or so. Am I just being paranoid?
Things I've noticed:
  • Eliminate works fine at 35 to 85 breath
  • Upon reaching 85 breath, two things can happen:
    • Breath can be recharged with an energy stone (like Scratch or Meditate) but even at 86 to 120, Breath sinks down to 85 as if it didn't recharge - consistently - when using Eliminate
    • Breath can be recharged with an energy stone (like Scratch or Meditate) and stays at that amount (86 or higher) until Eliminate is used, in which case it reverts back to 85
  • Eliminate can have a "timing" issue, with recharge increasing to 120 (from 85) before sinking back down again when Eliminate hits, instead of sinking to 50 (from 85) and regaining Breath

I'm not a coder, but I think the issues are linked. 120 is 35 from 85. Could it be possible that Eliminate's "stuck on 85" thing could be either caused from or stemming from the same issue as the timing issue?

When I first put Eliminate on my dragons - non-progenitor Guardians that were, at the time, ungened and had no battle stones - I noticed that even if I got the breath bar maxed out, Eliminate would drop it to 91, which seemed really strange to me. I didn't report it because I figured it was a game mechanic. This was after the Great Downtime; it dropped to 85 after rollover.

The thing that worries me most about this glitch or bug is that, if it keeps dropping, there's going to be a point where Eliminate would deplete all of a dragon's Breath, not just 35 or so.

Am I just being paranoid?
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
Also encountering the above issues with eliminate re: resetting to 85 for the next battle even when it replenished to between 85 and 120 in the previous one.
Also encountering the above issues with eliminate re: resetting to 85 for the next battle even when it replenished to between 85 and 120 in the previous one.
Eliminate is working fine for me. Firefox on Linux (Ubuntu)
Eliminate is working fine for me. Firefox on Linux (Ubuntu)
2q1bbjm.png302ngoh.png2ika7f9.png2zg87ib.png
Originally I thought you had to end the battle with an Eliminate in order to reduce it back down to 85, but now I've realized that it doesn't matter. If the dragon in question has over 85 breath during the battle and uses Eliminate at any point during the battle, they will be back down to 85 once the next battle has begun.

Also doesn't matter how far above 85 breath the dragon is, it always returns to 85 if Eliminate is used at all.
Originally I thought you had to end the battle with an Eliminate in order to reduce it back down to 85, but now I've realized that it doesn't matter. If the dragon in question has over 85 breath during the battle and uses Eliminate at any point during the battle, they will be back down to 85 once the next battle has begun.

Also doesn't matter how far above 85 breath the dragon is, it always returns to 85 if Eliminate is used at all.
Volunteer Moderator
If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising staff, not the volunteer moderator group.
XRwFykP.png

I have the same problem with Eliminate as above. I actually spent a while testing how it happened and under what circumstances. It's exactly as Alphaeon describes it.

If a dragon with above 85 breath uses Eliminate at any point during the battle, their breath will be dropped down to 85 at the start of the next battle.
I have the same problem with Eliminate as above. I actually spent a while testing how it happened and under what circumstances. It's exactly as Alphaeon describes it.

If a dragon with above 85 breath uses Eliminate at any point during the battle, their breath will be dropped down to 85 at the start of the next battle.
Same problem as the ones described above. The 85 breath problem.
Same problem as the ones described above. The 85 breath problem.
Untitled-1.pngkeeto-braddock.png