Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | The Starfall Celebration
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="Trollzaya" date="2013-09-23 16:10:52"]Does anyone know if the Imperial skin is a drop or is in the Marketplace? I wish they'd specify this in the posts. :T[/quote] Undel posted it on the 2nd page. The fae, guardian, pearlcatcher, and wildclaw are marketplace skins. The mirror, spiral, imperial, and ridgeback are chest skins.
Trollzaya wrote on 2013-09-23 16:10:52:
Does anyone know if the Imperial skin is a drop or is in the Marketplace?

I wish they'd specify this in the posts. :T

Undel posted it on the 2nd page.

The fae, guardian, pearlcatcher, and wildclaw are marketplace skins. The mirror, spiral, imperial, and ridgeback are chest skins.
FR_Steamsig.png
Hmm, like many others, I have to say I'm a smidgeon disappointed at the selection
not b/c I didn't win--I didn't even get my entry up to proper specs and the female pearlcatcher that DID win looks similar enough to my idea that? I really don't mind to be frank
There's a lot of nice ones but I feel like the anatomical skins are kind of off-theme, sure they're pink and all but...Magic here is more associated with Scrolls and books and not necessarily brains and anatomy, and isn't...that sort of the 'arcane' theme?
This is also just a personal quip of mine but I feel like a few of these have the shading looking too blatantly airbrush tool shaded....and I mean if that's your style OK But I personally Don't Think It Matches The Site Aesthetic Very Well and makes the skins look like they...don't fit
We have shiny things, yes; look at Iridescent and Shimmer genes. However I think the difference here is just the matter of techniques with some of these make them feel overworked? If that makes sense at all; Most of the shading in the site aesthetic is fairly solid, yet a lot of these have VERY softened out shading along the multiply layers, and it feels kiiind of like it's getting flattened out even if that isn't the case, just because the aesthetic for the bases doesn't really fit along those lines.
That's just my two cents though and for the most part the skins actually do look pretty alright, this is more of a General Thing I've Noticed With Skins and I'm probably being a really snooty art student right now so mmmm

(In other news oh gosh I really want all these accessories but I never seem to reap enough shards rip)
Hmm, like many others, I have to say I'm a smidgeon disappointed at the selection
not b/c I didn't win--I didn't even get my entry up to proper specs and the female pearlcatcher that DID win looks similar enough to my idea that? I really don't mind to be frank
There's a lot of nice ones but I feel like the anatomical skins are kind of off-theme, sure they're pink and all but...Magic here is more associated with Scrolls and books and not necessarily brains and anatomy, and isn't...that sort of the 'arcane' theme?
This is also just a personal quip of mine but I feel like a few of these have the shading looking too blatantly airbrush tool shaded....and I mean if that's your style OK But I personally Don't Think It Matches The Site Aesthetic Very Well and makes the skins look like they...don't fit
We have shiny things, yes; look at Iridescent and Shimmer genes. However I think the difference here is just the matter of techniques with some of these make them feel overworked? If that makes sense at all; Most of the shading in the site aesthetic is fairly solid, yet a lot of these have VERY softened out shading along the multiply layers, and it feels kiiind of like it's getting flattened out even if that isn't the case, just because the aesthetic for the bases doesn't really fit along those lines.
That's just my two cents though and for the most part the skins actually do look pretty alright, this is more of a General Thing I've Noticed With Skins and I'm probably being a really snooty art student right now so mmmm

(In other news oh gosh I really want all these accessories but I never seem to reap enough shards rip)
don't go to these they're all under closed for the time being

3sjJyV0.png aQKBqxt.pngW6YquEf.png
Totally late, but YAY glad to see that female PC skin got picked! :D (Was it @Krissycakes? its hard to tell the way things are listed completely out of order.) I had a similar idea for female snapper but once I saw that one I decided not to go muscling in on the rune'd-dargon market.
Totally late, but YAY glad to see that female PC skin got picked! :D (Was it @Krissycakes? its hard to tell the way things are listed completely out of order.) I had a similar idea for female snapper but once I saw that one I decided not to go muscling in on the rune'd-dargon market.
tumblr_nx2c37NYFI1tj6kx2o1_400.pngtumblr_nx3xgoNfuQ1tj6kx2o1_100.png
[quote name="zyuzl" date="2013-09-24 07:55:44"]Hmm, like many others, I have to say I'm a smidgeon disappointed at the selection not b/c I didn't win--I didn't even get my entry up to proper specs and the female pearlcatcher that DID win looks similar enough to my idea that? I really don't mind to be frank There's a lot of nice ones but I feel like the anatomical skins are kind of off-theme, sure they're pink and all but...Magic here is more associated with Scrolls and books and not necessarily brains and anatomy, and isn't...that sort of the 'arcane' theme? This is also just a personal quip of mine but I feel like a few of these have the shading looking too blatantly airbrush tool shaded....and I mean if that's your style OK But I personally Don't Think It Matches The Site Aesthetic Very Well and makes the skins look like they...don't fit We have shiny things, yes; look at Iridescent and Shimmer genes. However I think the difference here is just the matter of techniques with some of these make them feel overworked? If that makes sense at all; Most of the shading in the site aesthetic is fairly solid, yet a lot of these have VERY softened out shading along the multiply layers, and it feels kiiind of like it's getting flattened out even if that isn't the case, just because the aesthetic for the bases doesn't really fit along those lines. That's just my two cents though and for the most part the skins actually do look pretty alright, this is more of a General Thing I've Noticed With Skins and I'm probably being a really snooty art student right now so mmmm (In other news oh gosh I really want all these accessories but I never seem to reap enough shards rip)[/quote] Scrolls and books are more Light's theme than Arcane's, actually! Arcane is mad scientist gone awry with an added obliviousness. This is why a majority of the fauna from the Starfall Isles are experimented on and irradiated. So the two anatomy skins match the theme well, they're experiments from dragons that have obviously gone horribly wrong in the pursuit of knowledge. (Magic, in this case, is more like radiation-- for example, we have Fallout Streak and the Fallout Whisper, both fauna located in Starfall Isles.)
zyuzl wrote on 2013-09-24 07:55:44:

Scrolls and books are more Light's theme than Arcane's, actually! Arcane is mad scientist gone awry with an added obliviousness. This is why a majority of the fauna from the Starfall Isles are experimented on and irradiated. So the two anatomy skins match the theme well, they're experiments from dragons that have obviously gone horribly wrong in the pursuit of knowledge.

(Magic, in this case, is more like radiation-- for example, we have Fallout Streak and the Fallout Whisper, both fauna located in Starfall Isles.)
Truly the only skin that doesn't please me is the Fae. It's amazing but the ONLY reason it kinda wobbles is because of the wings. they just look so odd! but absolutely all of them are fantastic and deserved to win!
Truly the only skin that doesn't please me is the Fae. It's amazing but the ONLY reason it kinda wobbles is because of the wings. they just look so odd! but absolutely all of them are fantastic and deserved to win!
Flight_Rising_Signature_zps14f2dee7.png
Must have the Imperial skin 0.0
Must have the Imperial skin 0.0
How do you get the Arcane chests?
How do you get the Arcane chests?
Interesting bunch of skins-- I like the Spiral. Sucks though, shards and chests are being particularly difficult to find this festival.

I do wish there were more diversity with breed/gender in the skins, too. It'd be nice to see some male Guardians, male Mirrors, male Pearlcatcher, female Ridgebacks, female Spirals...
Interesting bunch of skins-- I like the Spiral. Sucks though, shards and chests are being particularly difficult to find this festival.

I do wish there were more diversity with breed/gender in the skins, too. It'd be nice to see some male Guardians, male Mirrors, male Pearlcatcher, female Ridgebacks, female Spirals...
ccDyspX.png
The waterway is a good area to farm if you have a team that can handle that area
The waterway is a good area to farm if you have a team that can handle that area
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
Woohoo! I got one of the rare drops in the Coliseum
Woohoo! I got one of the rare drops in the Coliseum
//flies off into the sun
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16