Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | The Starfall Celebration
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16
The skins are GORGEOUS! I hope I can manage to snag them all. Almost have enough of the event currency to get the familiar, too. ^_^
The skins are GORGEOUS! I hope I can manage to snag them all. Almost have enough of the event currency to get the familiar, too. ^_^
Brown River Recluse Queen of the River Spider Army Grey River Jumper
Congratulations to the winners! There are a couple I'm looking forward to finding in the coliseum. And even though some skins that I expected to win didn't make the cut, I can say that the winning entries do show some really good artistic talents.
Congratulations to the winners! There are a couple I'm looking forward to finding in the coliseum. And even though some skins that I expected to win didn't make the cut, I can say that the winning entries do show some really good artistic talents.
ZC2TB9H.png93Yl0PJ.pngvWYjbLO.png
Congratulations to all the winners!
Oh my, I really like that guardian skin.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Oh my, I really like that guardian skin.
BMUOo5n.png2Zkxrjl.pngoHEFya3.gif
Congrats to the winners! Though I'm kinda surprised a Skydancer didn't win. There were a couple I thought would win for sure. But everyone should have a chance to win whether or not they are the "best" artist or not! Plus those who got honorable mentions (lol not me because I've won twice XD) will be able to publish those beautiful skins.
Congrats to the winners! Though I'm kinda surprised a Skydancer didn't win. There were a couple I thought would win for sure. But everyone should have a chance to win whether or not they are the "best" artist or not! Plus those who got honorable mentions (lol not me because I've won twice XD) will be able to publish those beautiful skins.
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
I'm surprised at the reactions to the negative comments. In fact they aren't even all THAT negative. I hate to say it, but some of you are acting like children too coddled to handle anything negative at all. If the creators of the skins take it to heart then that's natural, but take it as a learning experience as well.

Even though I like all of the winning skins, the users have the right to say that they don't like them. There will always be critics and the world would be a dull, unfulfilling, place if my art received nothing but praise.

As for Amalythia, you're a moderator. As a mod you should act as a neutral force if anything. Although you remained level-headed in your tone, I'm a little disappointed in your conduct in even implying that the users shouldn't act a certain way.
I'm surprised at the reactions to the negative comments. In fact they aren't even all THAT negative. I hate to say it, but some of you are acting like children too coddled to handle anything negative at all. If the creators of the skins take it to heart then that's natural, but take it as a learning experience as well.

Even though I like all of the winning skins, the users have the right to say that they don't like them. There will always be critics and the world would be a dull, unfulfilling, place if my art received nothing but praise.

As for Amalythia, you're a moderator. As a mod you should act as a neutral force if anything. Although you remained level-headed in your tone, I'm a little disappointed in your conduct in even implying that the users shouldn't act a certain way.
Congrats to all the winners, they look amazing!
Congrats to all the winners, they look amazing!
@Sugarlace : I appreciate your concern, and I understand what you're saying. But I think there's a wide difference between constructive criticism and someone calling the entries that won "the worst." That's what I take issue with.

I'm a mod, but I'm still a player and a part of this community as well, so I'm allowed to give my feedback. Nothing has violated the rules at all, and I'm not trying to imply it has. I was just fairly disappointed by some of the initial reactions to the skins. We all strive for a good community here, and I'd hate for anyone to be dissuaded from entering a future contest because of the things that were said. I also don't want the artists that entered this contest and won or lost to feel like they shouldn't have participated, because all of the entries were wonderful.

Constructive criticism most certainly has its place. If you take any further issue with my comments or this reply, feel free to message me privately so that the thread isn't thrown off topic. Thanks very much. :)
@Sugarlace : I appreciate your concern, and I understand what you're saying. But I think there's a wide difference between constructive criticism and someone calling the entries that won "the worst." That's what I take issue with.

I'm a mod, but I'm still a player and a part of this community as well, so I'm allowed to give my feedback. Nothing has violated the rules at all, and I'm not trying to imply it has. I was just fairly disappointed by some of the initial reactions to the skins. We all strive for a good community here, and I'd hate for anyone to be dissuaded from entering a future contest because of the things that were said. I also don't want the artists that entered this contest and won or lost to feel like they shouldn't have participated, because all of the entries were wonderful.

Constructive criticism most certainly has its place. If you take any further issue with my comments or this reply, feel free to message me privately so that the thread isn't thrown off topic. Thanks very much. :)
The Pearlcatcher is stunning, I love it!
The Pearlcatcher is stunning, I love it!
O_o what some people can do with skins *Faint*
O_o what some people can do with skins *Faint*
d6c295af-8820-48d6-98c6-6a81fcbda795_zpsae490e94.jpg
Wow, I love the new skins! Very well done!
Wow, I love the new skins! Very well done!
r6RnZWr.png

DUNES & DRAGONS.
A Wizard Bestiary.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe/They. Ridgeback Glory.
1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15 16