Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | The Starfall Celebration
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@failefayce
I feel the same way. Though the "Mind over Matter" name is quite clever (:

I feel like they were less "arcaney" than the others. Anatomy would pertain more to Plague and the science of it would go more with Lightning. Fabulous entries but I kinda felt like they should have been entered for Plague or something.

Regardless one of the winners was someone that was looking up to me and didn't think she's win twice like I have. I'm happy she won regardless of whatever she entered. (though I thought it was pretty creative) While I may have thought other entries were more on topic I wouldn't change the winners for nothing (:
@failefayce
I feel the same way. Though the "Mind over Matter" name is quite clever (:

I feel like they were less "arcaney" than the others. Anatomy would pertain more to Plague and the science of it would go more with Lightning. Fabulous entries but I kinda felt like they should have been entered for Plague or something.

Regardless one of the winners was someone that was looking up to me and didn't think she's win twice like I have. I'm happy she won regardless of whatever she entered. (though I thought it was pretty creative) While I may have thought other entries were more on topic I wouldn't change the winners for nothing (:
tumblr_ngnjgvFzfC1scuu34o1_500.png]
-edited because bluh-
-edited because bluh-
[quote name="SugarLace" date="2013-09-23 12:46:06"]I'm surprised at the reactions to the negative comments. In fact they aren't even all THAT negative. I hate to say it, but some of you are acting like children too coddled to handle anything negative at all. If the creators of the skins take it to heart then that's natural, but take it as a learning experience as well. Even though I like all of the winning skins, the users have the right to say that they don't like them. There will always be critics and the world would be a dull, unfulfilling, place if my art received nothing but praise. As for Amalythia, you're a moderator. As a mod you should act as a neutral force if anything. Although you remained level-headed in your tone, I'm a little disappointed in your conduct in even implying that the users shouldn't act a certain way.[/quote] @SugarLace of course people are entitled to be rude, but that doesn't mean that it shouldnt be discouraged. neither should it be encouraged to assume that anyone who takes offense to their art being put-down is simply being over-sensitive. artists in particular are especially sensitive about their work to begin with. if you really cant bite your tongue and absolutely MUST share that you hate someone's work, make it constructive. there is absolutely no need to be bluntly rude in either case. likewise i dont want to derail the thread, so if you have to respond it can go to my inbox, but i dont think its necessary.
SugarLace wrote on 2013-09-23 12:46:06:
I'm surprised at the reactions to the negative comments. In fact they aren't even all THAT negative. I hate to say it, but some of you are acting like children too coddled to handle anything negative at all. If the creators of the skins take it to heart then that's natural, but take it as a learning experience as well.

Even though I like all of the winning skins, the users have the right to say that they don't like them. There will always be critics and the world would be a dull, unfulfilling, place if my art received nothing but praise.

As for Amalythia, you're a moderator. As a mod you should act as a neutral force if anything. Although you remained level-headed in your tone, I'm a little disappointed in your conduct in even implying that the users shouldn't act a certain way.

@SugarLace
of course people are entitled to be rude, but that doesn't mean that it shouldnt be discouraged. neither should it be encouraged to assume that anyone who takes offense to their art being put-down is simply being over-sensitive.

artists in particular are especially sensitive about their work to begin with. if you really cant bite your tongue and absolutely MUST share that you hate someone's work, make it constructive. there is absolutely no need to be bluntly rude in either case.

likewise i dont want to derail the thread, so if you have to respond it can go to my inbox, but i dont think its necessary.
5FyeDiI.gif
Crud....the imperial one is a rare one. Guess I'm going searching...
Crud....the imperial one is a rare one. Guess I'm going searching...
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
I hate pink everywhere ;_;
I hate pink everywhere ;_;
tumblr_inline_nbefjbkpeK1qg78ij.pngF0xHRgQ.giftumblr_inline_nbefjh6UpE1qg78ij.png
@Xhaztol @Undel Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the honorable mention! ;u; I can't wait to make a copy or two of my entry for general skin shenanigans. ;D

And congratulations to all the winners and other mentions; there were a lot of great skins entered and it was awesome seeing them all! C8 HAPPY STARFALL CELEBRATION EVERYBODY
@Xhaztol @Undel Oh my goodness, thank you so much for the honorable mention! ;u; I can't wait to make a copy or two of my entry for general skin shenanigans. ;D

And congratulations to all the winners and other mentions; there were a lot of great skins entered and it was awesome seeing them all! C8 HAPPY STARFALL CELEBRATION EVERYBODY
Zeon! (she/they)
These are beautiful
These are beautiful
I am really quite pleased with the skins. I've already stocked up on a few of them. Excellent work! I love how varied they are.
I am really quite pleased with the skins. I've already stocked up on a few of them. Excellent work! I love how varied they are.
Love all the winners! They're all fabulous and anyone that didn't win may have a chance at another marketplace contest. I know someone that didn't win the Fire one won the marketplace one (:
Love all the winners! They're all fabulous and anyone that didn't win may have a chance at another marketplace contest. I know someone that didn't win the Fire one won the marketplace one (:
How often do the skins stock in the Marketplace? I saw them in stock once last night, but this morning, I haven't seen any stock in the past 2 hours.

They didn't seem to be selling that fast last night so I don't think I'm missing them because they're flying out of the Marketplace.
How often do the skins stock in the Marketplace? I saw them in stock once last night, but this morning, I haven't seen any stock in the past 2 hours.

They didn't seem to be selling that fast last night so I don't think I'm missing them because they're flying out of the Marketplace.
FR_Steamsig.png
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16