Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Pinglists & More
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 73 74
Choking the current ping list system is NOT going to go well at all. It's going to be a disaster, and is going to frustrate the heck out of a lot of players, including myself. You guys all have enough feedback for why this isn't going to go well, so I beg of you to PLEASE LISTEN to your players and don't do this. Find another way; please don't destroy literal days, weeks, and years of hard work and render a lot of the player experience backbone useless and unmanageable. You're going to shoot yourselves in the foot otherwise.
Choking the current ping list system is NOT going to go well at all. It's going to be a disaster, and is going to frustrate the heck out of a lot of players, including myself. You guys all have enough feedback for why this isn't going to go well, so I beg of you to PLEASE LISTEN to your players and don't do this. Find another way; please don't destroy literal days, weeks, and years of hard work and render a lot of the player experience backbone useless and unmanageable. You're going to shoot yourselves in the foot otherwise.
Check in with Ren
Boop the Snoot!
Tea with Gem
_______ The Seamount
_______ Snacks and Sweets
While I love the ease-of-use for simple pinglists the fact that sunsetting mask pings was revealed in this way (without really addressing major pinglists like GASP, the G1 Hoarders Association, dominance etc.) has somewhat damaged my trust in FR. Even IF boolean operators are integrated into the current system I find it hard to imagine they'll be able to match the ease-of-use / accessibility of current lists. It takes less than 3 minutes to fill out the current forms and it's all centralized in one place. I'm all for keeping stuff on-site for greater accessibility / safety (like the fact that we still don't have color predictors on-site is WILD) but reinventing the wheel isn't always the way. Change can be awesome but these pinglists have thrived for YEARS, in some cases essentially a decade because they work well; anything less than an improvement will cause frustration for a lot of players. And none of us want to be frustrated or concerned! We're here for fun; we want to cheer staff on but that means being heard / accounted for.

While I love the ease-of-use for simple pinglists the fact that sunsetting mask pings was revealed in this way (without really addressing major pinglists like GASP, the G1 Hoarders Association, dominance etc.) has somewhat damaged my trust in FR. Even IF boolean operators are integrated into the current system I find it hard to imagine they'll be able to match the ease-of-use / accessibility of current lists. It takes less than 3 minutes to fill out the current forms and it's all centralized in one place. I'm all for keeping stuff on-site for greater accessibility / safety (like the fact that we still don't have color predictors on-site is WILD) but reinventing the wheel isn't always the way. Change can be awesome but these pinglists have thrived for YEARS, in some cases essentially a decade because they work well; anything less than an improvement will cause frustration for a lot of players. And none of us want to be frustrated or concerned! We're here for fun; we want to cheer staff on but that means being heard / accounted for.

HdmxfuE.png
KYSFCiZ.png
eswSnrS.png
yQ62HIx.png
Need a Light nest?

Always happy to host for food / junk apparel / Baldwin
materials when I have space!
LOR2.png
Sunsetting the mass ping system is a terrible, terrible idea that will entirely ruin the ability to be pinged for skins or accents that match certain criteria, G1s at all, various dominance activities and pushes, and much more. Such a decision will seriously impact many players as well as the economy at large, and will reduce the quality of life of players to a degree that it will negate the quality of life improvement the new Pinglists system is adding.
Sunsetting the mass ping system is a terrible, terrible idea that will entirely ruin the ability to be pinged for skins or accents that match certain criteria, G1s at all, various dominance activities and pushes, and much more. Such a decision will seriously impact many players as well as the economy at large, and will reduce the quality of life of players to a degree that it will negate the quality of life improvement the new Pinglists system is adding.

Eek's Accents
All I want to say is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PUT ONLY PVP REWARDS in the pvp system. Other than achievements.

I do not want to be forced to do PvP to acquire something unattainable by other means.

I am 100% sure there are loads of other players who will not want to be forced to play pvp to acquire something ONLY attainable in pvp.

So just make any rewards attainable in other ways. Even a low as heck % drop from regular Coli solves this issue. Or have it sellable on the AH. Just ANYTHING to keep us from being forced to PvP, which is something a lot of people have zero interest in.

edit;

Not a single person comprehends why they NEED to change pinglists. They need to to stop *ABUSE*. That should be a good enough reason for *anyone*. Full stop.
All I want to say is, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT PUT ONLY PVP REWARDS in the pvp system. Other than achievements.

I do not want to be forced to do PvP to acquire something unattainable by other means.

I am 100% sure there are loads of other players who will not want to be forced to play pvp to acquire something ONLY attainable in pvp.

So just make any rewards attainable in other ways. Even a low as heck % drop from regular Coli solves this issue. Or have it sellable on the AH. Just ANYTHING to keep us from being forced to PvP, which is something a lot of people have zero interest in.

edit;

Not a single person comprehends why they NEED to change pinglists. They need to to stop *ABUSE*. That should be a good enough reason for *anyone*. Full stop.
tDZwhXx.pngeAQ7Lz1.pngaLJKVnC.pngFi2K3D1.pnghqBbv0q.png8Bgo3kR.pngXOxAM9X.pngs0RMySq.gifNzTHVja.pngUMYiOz6.png

BJ6ik2C.png
All of these updates are really exciting, like actually producing a built-in pinglist system and reprinting for skins (even though I've never made skins but folks that I follow say it's hard to reprint and costs a lot in-game), but I think the thing I'm most excited about is the expansion of PVP and possible adventuring and dragon meet-ups. Since I've joined, I really wanted to see the devs build an actual world of campaigns, story quests, and things for our dragons (which we've worked so hard to customize and personalize) to do with other people, other than just showing off and grinding for materials/gear/food/companions. I think having a built-in campaign and world with quests will really blow this site up and attract more users.
All of these updates are really exciting, like actually producing a built-in pinglist system and reprinting for skins (even though I've never made skins but folks that I follow say it's hard to reprint and costs a lot in-game), but I think the thing I'm most excited about is the expansion of PVP and possible adventuring and dragon meet-ups. Since I've joined, I really wanted to see the devs build an actual world of campaigns, story quests, and things for our dragons (which we've worked so hard to customize and personalize) to do with other people, other than just showing off and grinding for materials/gear/food/companions. I think having a built-in campaign and world with quests will really blow this site up and attract more users.
on2FzX5.png
excited abt new pinglist options, not jazzed abt removal of mass pings
excited abt new pinglist options, not jazzed abt removal of mass pings
bouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif9YcEmqg.pngbouncy_fire_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0vp.gif
8WTeiP5.png
[quote name="HedgeMagic" date="2023-10-29 11:09:28" ] edit; Not a single person comprehends why they NEED to change pinglists. They need to to stop *ABUSE*. That should be a good enough reason for *anyone*. Full stop. [/quote] people DO understand what they're trying to do, it's just that the way they're handling it is incredibly harmful to numerous communities that have been in operation for years some an entire decade and people are understandably upset about it
HedgeMagic wrote on 2023-10-29 11:09:28:
edit;

people DO understand what they're trying to do, it's just that the way they're handling it is incredibly harmful to numerous communities that have been in operation for years some an entire decade and people are understandably upset about it
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
this all seems quite fine. i do not make skins but the system for managing their creation/perpetuation was beginning to feel more and more archaic, i am pleased to see it improving.

the concerns i have or had regarding pings initially do not really exist anymore, having read the staff replies i am left sure that the newborn ping feature will grow and improve just fine.
this all seems quite fine. i do not make skins but the system for managing their creation/perpetuation was beginning to feel more and more archaic, i am pleased to see it improving.

the concerns i have or had regarding pings initially do not really exist anymore, having read the staff replies i am left sure that the newborn ping feature will grow and improve just fine.
available 9:00 - 19:00 server time
I'm not so thrilled with the idea that mass pings are going to be cut off.

That'll kill dozens of threads, G.A.S.P and Baldwin Brew lists, Marketplace lists and most importantly Dom efforts.

Dom is HUGE part of the site but would become so much harder and less coordinated if we don't have public maintained Mass ping lists.

I get that off site can be a bit of a safety risk but if that's the case there needs to be an on site alternative. A huge part of the site will be crippled if there's no way for Dom efforts or anything like that can't be pinged for en masse. and when it comes to Donna definitely needs to be public due to the fact that there are volunteers that come and go so there needs to be something for organizers to be able to use or a very important part of the website is not going to be as strong.

Plague just did a Dom effort and it's fantastic, good seeing lots of people that can't happen if Mass pings are gone
I'm not so thrilled with the idea that mass pings are going to be cut off.

That'll kill dozens of threads, G.A.S.P and Baldwin Brew lists, Marketplace lists and most importantly Dom efforts.

Dom is HUGE part of the site but would become so much harder and less coordinated if we don't have public maintained Mass ping lists.

I get that off site can be a bit of a safety risk but if that's the case there needs to be an on site alternative. A huge part of the site will be crippled if there's no way for Dom efforts or anything like that can't be pinged for en masse. and when it comes to Donna definitely needs to be public due to the fact that there are volunteers that come and go so there needs to be something for organizers to be able to use or a very important part of the website is not going to be as strong.

Plague just did a Dom effort and it's fantastic, good seeing lots of people that can't happen if Mass pings are gone
Z7cgb70.png
[quote name="HedgeMagic" date="2023-10-29 11:09:28" ] Not a single person comprehends why they NEED to change pinglists. They need to to stop *ABUSE*. That should be a good enough reason for *anyone*. Full stop. [/quote] Then... punish the person abusing the system. Don't cripple that system. The report function exists for a reason. The more I think about this the more I think staff doesn't [i]quite[/i] understand how pinglists are used by players beyond "my thread is updated guys!".
HedgeMagic wrote on 2023-10-29 11:09:28:
Then... punish the person abusing the system. Don't cripple that system. The report function exists for a reason.

The more I think about this the more I think staff doesn't quite understand how pinglists are used by players beyond "my thread is updated guys!".
BYuYwFJ.pngcikPv2b.png
sKduNXf.pngJZT1CKc.png
1 2 ... 67 68 69 70 71 ... 73 74