Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements & Anniversary
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41 42
so excited!!
so excited!!
4d3z.png
he/it - FR+18

>let me dress your dragons
>my FR art
nice
nice
Seeker Orb
rhae
any pronouns
fr +3
[quote name="Xhaztol" date="2022-12-12 12:31:48" ] [quote name="SnakeJobs" date="2022-12-12 11:19:39" ] Question regarding the three pursuit types: daily, weekly, and monthly. Do you need to log in every day in order to complete them? I play a game with a similar idea of pursuits and if you miss a single day you automatically lose the chance to finish the weekly and monthly quests for that month. [/quote] This is a good question and we understand why you'd have this concern! That's not how we plan on approaching the development of pursuits. By design, pursuits are meant to be less intensive and contain more lenient objectives. For instance: as it stands right now, we are concepting our weekly and monthly pursuits in a way so that weekly pursuits can be comfortably completed in about 4ish days and monthly pursuits can comfortably be completed in about 20 days. For daily pursuits, you can expect that they'd be simple enough and brief enough that they could be knocked out in a few minutes. Our goal is to intentionally design pursuits to feel like they are more or less being completed fairly naturally as you do normal gameplay and (if we do this right) you won't feel compelled to max them every time. They're just a cherry on top and way for players to grab a bit more currency to supplement what they're earning through achievements. [/quote] Good to hear. Thank you for the response. :)
Xhaztol wrote on 2022-12-12 12:31:48:
SnakeJobs wrote on 2022-12-12 11:19:39:
Question regarding the three pursuit types: daily, weekly, and monthly.

Do you need to log in every day in order to complete them?

I play a game with a similar idea of pursuits and if you miss a single day you automatically lose the chance to finish the weekly and monthly quests for that month.

This is a good question and we understand why you'd have this concern! That's not how we plan on approaching the development of pursuits. By design, pursuits are meant to be less intensive and contain more lenient objectives.

For instance: as it stands right now, we are concepting our weekly and monthly pursuits in a way so that weekly pursuits can be comfortably completed in about 4ish days and monthly pursuits can comfortably be completed in about 20 days. For daily pursuits, you can expect that they'd be simple enough and brief enough that they could be knocked out in a few minutes.

Our goal is to intentionally design pursuits to feel like they are more or less being completed fairly naturally as you do normal gameplay and (if we do this right) you won't feel compelled to max them every time. They're just a cherry on top and way for players to grab a bit more currency to supplement what they're earning through achievements.

Good to hear.
Thank you for the response. :)
Just me, Sj.
shadowfull2.png
Oh my goodness this is so exciting!!!!! And as usual, an excellent and detailed breakdown of everything. It’s amazing how it’s all coming together after all this time! I am so, so stoked about this. Just when I was thinking the fun of the dailies system on Lorwolf might steal away most of my free internet time, you reel me back in with a similar system. I really do think little bite-sized completable goals are surprisingly fun things to achieve, and a whole system around it is a blast. So, yay!!! Excellent job laying a new solid foundation, writing and explaining the whole thing, taking care of your health and work life balance(!!), and overall just making an awesome game that brings me a lot of joy every day. Thank you. [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Oh my goodness this is so exciting!!!!!
And as usual, an excellent and detailed breakdown of everything. It’s amazing how it’s all coming together after all this time! I am so, so stoked about this.
Just when I was thinking the fun of the dailies system on Lorwolf might steal away most of my free internet time, you reel me back in with a similar system. I really do think little bite-sized completable goals are surprisingly fun things to achieve, and a whole system around it is a blast. So, yay!!! Excellent job laying a new solid foundation, writing and explaining the whole thing, taking care of your health and work life balance(!!), and overall just making an awesome game that brings me a lot of joy every day. Thank you.
eP65k0J.png
I've been looking forward to the return of achievements for a very long time, and this does all sound amazing for a 10th Anniversary celebration- but I'll be the first to admit a twinge of disappointment upon reading that the old achievements won't be recognized or implemented in any way. [emoji=coatl sad size=1] I do understand that it's probably for the best to start fresh, and that most people don't like the idea of say, the Founder or Boolean achievements- I certainly didn't care for that You're the Best Around one myself. It's just that my playstyle is very much that of a collector, and I also loooooove ridiculous difficult long term projects. Like, borderline impossible projects. Those are my jam, that's what keeps me invested and active. And I was so happy and proud when I managed to get those seemingly impossible achievements! I really don't know what a compromise between the two sides (fans of super rare/limited edition achievements vs the mindset that all achievements should be reasonably achievable) would be or if one would be worth pursuing at all? It's just a little sad that even after the new system is in place, these achievements will continue to collect dust in my screenshots folder.
I've been looking forward to the return of achievements for a very long time, and this does all sound amazing for a 10th Anniversary celebration- but I'll be the first to admit a twinge of disappointment upon reading that the old achievements won't be recognized or implemented in any way.

I do understand that it's probably for the best to start fresh, and that most people don't like the idea of say, the Founder or Boolean achievements- I certainly didn't care for that You're the Best Around one myself. It's just that my playstyle is very much that of a collector, and I also loooooove ridiculous difficult long term projects. Like, borderline impossible projects. Those are my jam, that's what keeps me invested and active. And I was so happy and proud when I managed to get those seemingly impossible achievements!

I really don't know what a compromise between the two sides (fans of super rare/limited edition achievements vs the mindset that all achievements should be reasonably achievable) would be or if one would be worth pursuing at all? It's just a little sad that even after the new system is in place, these achievements will continue to collect dust in my screenshots folder.
M i s s A r i #29593
windie at heart | familiar collector | master of trades
A pixel adoptable of an Aqua/Rose Skydancer from Wind flight. She is wearing pearly jewellery and pink arm silks.
This sounds like it's going to be so much fun!
This sounds like it's going to be so much fun!
.tumblr_inline_nb1ke8JYzw1qg78ij.png 8DyXvaa.pngQMvFMzB.png .
LOVE THIS! Can't wait for pursuits!!!
LOVE THIS! Can't wait for pursuits!!!
n0D3kRF.png

HkZAJYc.pngUuKod4C.pngadbiRan.png
bYt72YT.pngAl1BEGR.pngUhnDhXp.png
H0t7Ypl.pngoaolHwW.pngcEq7B1S.png
Hey staff, as a long term in and out player myself, so long as I am not given achievements that, at this point in my journey I cannot get (eg, buy an additional nest, when I already own all five) or they are credited on launch of the system, I don't mind if some things that would be repeatable actions (eg. have a breeding pair produce a nest with 5 eggs) are not carried over from back when I got them under the old award system.

This is just me speaking, of course, but I hope having feed back from older players about their feelings on the sticky topic of 'how to handle old achievements vs the new achievement system' will help you guys figure out what is the best way to satisfy the most people possible in the update.
Hey staff, as a long term in and out player myself, so long as I am not given achievements that, at this point in my journey I cannot get (eg, buy an additional nest, when I already own all five) or they are credited on launch of the system, I don't mind if some things that would be repeatable actions (eg. have a breeding pair produce a nest with 5 eggs) are not carried over from back when I got them under the old award system.

This is just me speaking, of course, but I hope having feed back from older players about their feelings on the sticky topic of 'how to handle old achievements vs the new achievement system' will help you guys figure out what is the best way to satisfy the most people possible in the update.
SOoo excited!!
SOoo excited!!
Modern dragons lair 7kXqKFJ.png COATL love!
YES!!!!
Everyone's been talking about the achievements but I never got to experience this, I'm excited!
YES!!!!
Everyone's been talking about the achievements but I never got to experience this, I'm excited!
Do I have an addiction to impulsively buying pretty dragons selling for fodder price of the AH? Yes Do I need help? Maybe Do I want help? NO NONE AT ALL (I want to change this but people have commented on it so now it feels stuck here)
LIo8D8G.gif R9ehyxp.png
1 2 ... 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41 42