Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Dev Update: Achievements & Anniversary
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42
Ohh that sounds amazing, can't wait for it to go live [emoji=familiar heart size=1]
Ohh that sounds amazing, can't wait for it to go live
MRMeAKr.png
oooooo wow it's been 10 years
oooooo wow it's been 10 years
27150.png
x Quix -- he/him
x Pixilart @Quixilver
x Wishlist

| x Category Give/Get
| x INTJ
| x Artist
Since the achievements will involve a new type of currency, I think it may be best to let everyone start with a clean slate rather than keep any current stuff so no one is given an "advantage". It would be unfortunate to lose the progress we previously had, but I think it would be best in the end to keep things as even and fair as possible!

Exceptions to this would be things that cannot be replicated--lair expansions and the like. But for things like collecting items (such as the previous chess set and deity doll achievements) I don't think they should be carried over.

This is just a personal opinion, people are welcome to disagree or agree as they wish--not looking for an argument, just throwing out my two cents.
Since the achievements will involve a new type of currency, I think it may be best to let everyone start with a clean slate rather than keep any current stuff so no one is given an "advantage". It would be unfortunate to lose the progress we previously had, but I think it would be best in the end to keep things as even and fair as possible!

Exceptions to this would be things that cannot be replicated--lair expansions and the like. But for things like collecting items (such as the previous chess set and deity doll achievements) I don't think they should be carried over.

This is just a personal opinion, people are welcome to disagree or agree as they wish--not looking for an argument, just throwing out my two cents.
80757570p.png 77134736p.png
I’m an older player and I hope I get to start at the beginning of the achievements system! I’m sure some achievement will be finished very easy, but it’d be nice to have things to work towards. Also, I want max currency, haha.

(Though I also hope there will be a record of the legacy achievements too)
I’m an older player and I hope I get to start at the beginning of the achievements system! I’m sure some achievement will be finished very easy, but it’d be nice to have things to work towards. Also, I want max currency, haha.

(Though I also hope there will be a record of the legacy achievements too)
60787410.png 57806280.png
Honestly, I don't mind starting at the same point for achievements as most people, with the possible exception of things like lair expansions which can't be gotten again.

The only thing I care about is that completing all achievements is actually feasible. I'm a huge completionist, and one thing that constantly bothers me is there are ALWAYS new familiars to collect. It's a mild irritation, but an endless one since we are always getting updates to the coli or new event familiars which need to be collected/bonded with.

I want to be able to complete all achievements in a reasonable time frame, not like 5 years, and to not have to worry that new achievements were going to come out multiple times each year. If new mechanics are added, certainly I expect new achievements but for existing mechanics I don't really want to see new achievements for those once the system has been released. Especially with the pursuits which will be available.
Honestly, I don't mind starting at the same point for achievements as most people, with the possible exception of things like lair expansions which can't be gotten again.

The only thing I care about is that completing all achievements is actually feasible. I'm a huge completionist, and one thing that constantly bothers me is there are ALWAYS new familiars to collect. It's a mild irritation, but an endless one since we are always getting updates to the coli or new event familiars which need to be collected/bonded with.

I want to be able to complete all achievements in a reasonable time frame, not like 5 years, and to not have to worry that new achievements were going to come out multiple times each year. If new mechanics are added, certainly I expect new achievements but for existing mechanics I don't really want to see new achievements for those once the system has been released. Especially with the pursuits which will be available.
Q9opeXe.png...8ydRw4n.png...o022-d01-L-Firtarian.pngo141-d02-Firtarian.pngo141-d03-Firtarian.pngo141-d04-Firtarian.pngs1-d2-Firtarian.pngs1-d14-Firtarian.pngs1-d16-Firtarian.pngs1-d4-Firtarian.png
ACHIEVEMENTS COMING BACK LETS GOO
ACHIEVEMENTS COMING BACK LETS GOO

Lisa - 24 - She/her
FR +3 aka EST
tumblr_oixhzdxwmg1u3wsjco8_r1_250.png
Oooh this sounds AWESOME! Especially the pursuits :D
Oooh this sounds AWESOME! Especially the pursuits :D
jEoykqi.png
====== oqjWYKt.png
XxxGZDG.png
PRICTGJ.png
koH0cYu.png
arcanepix_by_synstematic-d6nebzi.gif lHX3YIL.png
aBzXjY8.png
wh3Tiip.png
GIJjY9o.png
======
I hope some of my past achievements will be counted in the new system as some of them I will likely never duplicate.

I am excited to hear about a new Exchange shop and the concept of pursuits.

Question:
Will players have to actively collect the currency by going to a certain page or clicking a button, or will it accumulate automatically as they complete tasks?

I hope the later.

I hope some of my past achievements will be counted in the new system as some of them I will likely never duplicate.

I am excited to hear about a new Exchange shop and the concept of pursuits.

Question:
Will players have to actively collect the currency by going to a certain page or clicking a button, or will it accumulate automatically as they complete tasks?

I hope the later.

Crabbie's Adoptables Hatchery
I am very excited about the achievements but I have to speak up about something else and that is to say: Thank you. Thank you team for consistently respecting your player's time. There's so many games who expect and demand that you log in daily and demand more and more and want their players to spend hours on the site.
You have never done that and continue to double down on the philosophy that everyone has the right to have a life outside of FR without missing anything major.
I super appreciate that.
I am very excited about the achievements but I have to speak up about something else and that is to say: Thank you. Thank you team for consistently respecting your player's time. There's so many games who expect and demand that you log in daily and demand more and more and want their players to spend hours on the site.
You have never done that and continue to double down on the philosophy that everyone has the right to have a life outside of FR without missing anything major.
I super appreciate that.
shop_banner.png
WOO HOO
WOO HOO
tPQuo1n.pngixvHpfr.png
1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 41 42