Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 115 116
Can we like... nix the RNG for this? It's not fun. It's really not fun. I don't want to get this done immediately, but when you make it IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MORE TOOLS unless you trade in 8 notes for ONE TOOL... It just becomes frustrating. This is beyond slow burn. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/664402557946298369/942108042936340530/unknown.png[/img]
Can we like... nix the RNG for this?
It's not fun.
It's really not fun.

I don't want to get this done immediately, but when you make it IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MORE TOOLS unless you trade in 8 notes for ONE TOOL... It just becomes frustrating. This is beyond slow burn.

unknown.png
ee9333790c154dc7b5444be8bdd03e43c8ba0a99.png
Hi I'm SilverStarsheep.
* Carrd *
* Wishlist *
14f64c4d4a5f4348b07becb32e6c3c54eee40b8f.png
[quote name="SilverStarSheep" date="2022-02-12 09:22:05" ] Can we like... nix the RNG for this? It's not fun. It's really not fun. I don't want to get this done immediately, but when you make it IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MORE TOOLS unless you trade in 8 notes for ONE TOOL... It just becomes frustrating. This is beyond slow burn. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/664402557946298369/942108042936340530/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] THIS. Getting 1 pickaxe and 3 magnifying glasses puts me at a severe disadvantage from the other players consistently getting 6+6 and a bunch of notes from friends. Most people have already unlocked at least one plot and I haven't been able to even get [i]close[/i] to unlocking one because of my RNG luck. I was honestly really excited for Arlo but seeing how literally [i]every[/i] element of this is RNG.. I'm no longer a fan :/
SilverStarSheep wrote on 2022-02-12 09:22:05:
It's not fun.
It's really not fun.

I don't want to get this done immediately, but when you make it IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MORE TOOLS unless you trade in 8 notes for ONE TOOL... It just becomes frustrating. This is beyond slow burn.

unknown.png

THIS. Getting 1 pickaxe and 3 magnifying glasses puts me at a severe disadvantage from the other players consistently getting 6+6 and a bunch of notes from friends. Most people have already unlocked at least one plot and I haven't been able to even get close to unlocking one because of my RNG luck.

I was honestly really excited for Arlo but seeing how literally every element of this is RNG.. I'm no longer a fan :/
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
Forgot to add my two cents on something people have touched on here, that being RNG. I like the RNG element, as I like the feeling of, "How much will I unlock today? Will I do a lot of progress or less?" but I feel like it can be done better. I've gotten decent luck with my tools so far, but I can understand others who aren't/weren't so lucky are frustrated and feel it should be tweaked to make it less so for them.

I think the minimum floor for tools gotten every day (forgot the word) should be raised. There are people getting like one pickaxe or one magnifying glass while others are getting five or six or something. As it is right now you can get anywhere from 1 to... I dunno the actual number so let's say 7 for example, of each tool every day. So you can get 1 to 7 pickaxes, 1 to 7 magnifying glasses, etc. If someone gets unlucky they might only get 1 pickaxe and 1 magnifying glass for the entire day, unless someone gives them a note, while someone else might get 5 pickaxes and 4 magnifying glasses. This is, of course, unfair to the first player, as it makes them progress at a much slower pace.

I think the minimum of tools you can get should be raised from 1 to 3. That way, even if someone does get unlucky and rolls the minimum tools for that day, they still get 3 of each. Obviously it isn't as good as 5 or 6 you might get with a lucky roll, but it's still much better than just 1. A total of 18 squares uncovered for the day with 3 pickaxes and 3 magnifying glasses vs. 6 squares with 1 pickaxe and 1 magnifying glass.

I also second the dynamite suggestion posed by someone else! A stick of dynamite that destroys a few/all tiles in a 2x2 or 3x3 grid. Obvs you'd get less of these than pickaxes and magnifying glasses.
Forgot to add my two cents on something people have touched on here, that being RNG. I like the RNG element, as I like the feeling of, "How much will I unlock today? Will I do a lot of progress or less?" but I feel like it can be done better. I've gotten decent luck with my tools so far, but I can understand others who aren't/weren't so lucky are frustrated and feel it should be tweaked to make it less so for them.

I think the minimum floor for tools gotten every day (forgot the word) should be raised. There are people getting like one pickaxe or one magnifying glass while others are getting five or six or something. As it is right now you can get anywhere from 1 to... I dunno the actual number so let's say 7 for example, of each tool every day. So you can get 1 to 7 pickaxes, 1 to 7 magnifying glasses, etc. If someone gets unlucky they might only get 1 pickaxe and 1 magnifying glass for the entire day, unless someone gives them a note, while someone else might get 5 pickaxes and 4 magnifying glasses. This is, of course, unfair to the first player, as it makes them progress at a much slower pace.

I think the minimum of tools you can get should be raised from 1 to 3. That way, even if someone does get unlucky and rolls the minimum tools for that day, they still get 3 of each. Obviously it isn't as good as 5 or 6 you might get with a lucky roll, but it's still much better than just 1. A total of 18 squares uncovered for the day with 3 pickaxes and 3 magnifying glasses vs. 6 squares with 1 pickaxe and 1 magnifying glass.

I also second the dynamite suggestion posed by someone else! A stick of dynamite that destroys a few/all tiles in a 2x2 or 3x3 grid. Obvs you'd get less of these than pickaxes and magnifying glasses.
|| White/Moth • FR+2 ||
I like TMA an unhealthy amount.
Check out my fandragons!
o2nagQx.pngHPhOvJY.png
iJDMaxX.pngtyEuRXe.png
TdTJOrw.pngNp4NxIR.png
I don't care about RNG or any of that, but I just want to point out that it would feel like an engaging experience if there was some kind of tactile aspect to it. Like, perhaps if it acted more like a scratch-off than just, click a button and the tiles clear.

It doesn't really feel like a game, which is fine I guess. It's like a more complicated, frustrating Pinkerton lol
I don't care about RNG or any of that, but I just want to point out that it would feel like an engaging experience if there was some kind of tactile aspect to it. Like, perhaps if it acted more like a scratch-off than just, click a button and the tiles clear.

It doesn't really feel like a game, which is fine I guess. It's like a more complicated, frustrating Pinkerton lol
33352.png U65gRpm.png EP9270D.png 33351.png
[quote name="Panther202" date="2022-02-12 11:01:42" ] [quote name="SilverStarSheep" date="2022-02-12 09:22:05" ] Can we like... nix the RNG for this? It's not fun. It's really not fun. I don't want to get this done immediately, but when you make it IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MORE TOOLS unless you trade in 8 notes for ONE TOOL... It just becomes frustrating. This is beyond slow burn. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/664402557946298369/942108042936340530/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] THIS. Getting 1 pickaxe and 3 magnifying glasses puts me at a severe disadvantage from the other players consistently getting 6+6 and a bunch of notes from friends. Most people have already unlocked at least one plot and I haven't been able to even get [i]close[/i] to unlocking one because of my RNG luck. I was honestly really excited for Arlo but seeing how literally [i]every[/i] element of this is RNG.. I'm no longer a fan :/ [/quote] I had no idea you could get more than 1-3 of any item???? I've literally only gotten like averages of 2 item a day and thought people who had unlocked areas just had tons of friends funneling them notes. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/3101749/96#post_50329446]ClockworkOwle[/url] has some fascinating points and overall I agree, but I doubt much will be done, there's just so much RNG here and, well... time to live the unlucky life, haha.
Panther202 wrote on 2022-02-12 11:01:42:
It's not fun.
It's really not fun.

unknown.png

THIS. Getting 1 pickaxe and 3 magnifying glasses puts me at a severe disadvantage from the other players consistently getting 6+6 and a bunch of notes from friends. Most people have already unlocked at least one plot and I haven't been able to even get close to unlocking one because of my RNG luck.

I was honestly really excited for Arlo but seeing how literally every element of this is RNG.. I'm no longer a fan :/

I had no idea you could get more than 1-3 of any item???? I've literally only gotten like averages of 2 item a day and thought people who had unlocked areas just had tons of friends funneling them notes. ClockworkOwle has some fascinating points and overall I agree, but I doubt much will be done, there's just so much RNG here and, well... time to live the unlucky life, haha.
CL4Q71Y.png
[quote name="SilverStarSheep" date="2022-02-12 09:22:05" ] Can we like... nix the RNG for this? It's not fun. It's really not fun. I don't want to get this done immediately, but when you make it IMPOSSIBLE TO GET MORE TOOLS unless you trade in 8 notes for ONE TOOL... It just becomes frustrating. This is beyond slow burn. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/664402557946298369/942108042936340530/unknown.png[/img] [/quote] Yeah, I only ever seem to get like 1 or two pickaxes a day and like 3 magnifying glasses (if I'm lucky 6). I also don't have as many friends on FR as some other people so I find that it's just very tedious. I like this concept but feel like it can be improved to help players who are sort of loners and/or tend to get unlucky on the RNG front.
It's not fun.
It's really not fun.

unknown.png

Yeah, I only ever seem to get like 1 or two pickaxes a day and like 3 magnifying glasses (if I'm lucky 6). I also don't have as many friends on FR as some other people so I find that it's just very tedious. I like this concept but feel like it can be improved to help players who are sort of loners and/or tend to get unlucky on the RNG front.
257486_1462814308_banner.gif
I personally love this update. Fortunately, I’ve gotten lucky and haven’t had less than 4 tools per resource muster. I find it just a neat little thing. Just like a side thing for fun. I’ll probably get obsessed with this further along the line but so far I’m just excited to what comes out of this. So far I’ve had no issues but that’s just my point of view! Keep the good work up, devs! <3
I personally love this update. Fortunately, I’ve gotten lucky and haven’t had less than 4 tools per resource muster. I find it just a neat little thing. Just like a side thing for fun. I’ll probably get obsessed with this further along the line but so far I’m just excited to what comes out of this. So far I’ve had no issues but that’s just my point of view! Keep the good work up, devs! <3
PzoPTNg.pngunknown.png
So far so good. I hope things get more efficient the higher level there is.

The new stuff is also very pretty.
So far so good. I hope things get more efficient the higher level there is.

The new stuff is also very pretty.
ytkEBod.pngJkqGYr7.pngvZmPWxA.pnga129Nss.pngAQPJNOh.png5hF3FGk.png
I am SO excited for all of the future stuff, this is now integrated into my daily repertoire.
I am SO excited for all of the future stuff, this is now integrated into my daily repertoire.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Anyone can feel free to add me if they want someone to trade notes with!
Anyone can feel free to add me if they want someone to trade notes with!
1 2 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 115 116