Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Arlo's Ancient Artifacts
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116
I do really love this update and Arlo, my problem is that they give so many resources I can't use them all! I'm sitting on 30+ magnifying glasses and 20+ Pickaxes and it just keeps increasing because throughout my day I'm not checking flight rising every 10 to 15 minutes to check my plots. A lot of the time I have enough time to quickly check my dragons and do my dailies then that's it.

I know, my problem is the devs are "overly generous!" But hear me out. Because Arlo gives so many resources to dig with the max level cap is reached really really fast. (I think to balance this the future digsites will have a larger XP cap but as of right now it's basically digging with a ton of tools and then you are at max level and have unlocked everything, maybe twice.) If there were a few fewer tools in play it would take longer and feel more rewarding when you did actually unlock a plot.

I still love this feature though and it feels weird saying "Arlo needs archeological grant cutbacks" but I really think overall the balance would feel better if it was harder. In comparison, it takes a long long time and lots of brewing to max out Baldwin and gathering areas. But right now completely maxing everything out takes users no time at all.

My second problem would be that when you donate to the guild it gives you some paltry items. Again, if it gave you fewer items from the getgo then maybe the single item from the guild might feel fair but your giving me a ton of tools from the regular gathering so when I trade in 8 scrolls that I saved it feels like I should be getting at least 8 squares of digging, not one magnifying glass.

I'm still going to use this feature as much as I can and I can't wait to make some fossil dragons! :D
I do really love this update and Arlo, my problem is that they give so many resources I can't use them all! I'm sitting on 30+ magnifying glasses and 20+ Pickaxes and it just keeps increasing because throughout my day I'm not checking flight rising every 10 to 15 minutes to check my plots. A lot of the time I have enough time to quickly check my dragons and do my dailies then that's it.

I know, my problem is the devs are "overly generous!" But hear me out. Because Arlo gives so many resources to dig with the max level cap is reached really really fast. (I think to balance this the future digsites will have a larger XP cap but as of right now it's basically digging with a ton of tools and then you are at max level and have unlocked everything, maybe twice.) If there were a few fewer tools in play it would take longer and feel more rewarding when you did actually unlock a plot.

I still love this feature though and it feels weird saying "Arlo needs archeological grant cutbacks" but I really think overall the balance would feel better if it was harder. In comparison, it takes a long long time and lots of brewing to max out Baldwin and gathering areas. But right now completely maxing everything out takes users no time at all.

My second problem would be that when you donate to the guild it gives you some paltry items. Again, if it gave you fewer items from the getgo then maybe the single item from the guild might feel fair but your giving me a ton of tools from the regular gathering so when I trade in 8 scrolls that I saved it feels like I should be getting at least 8 squares of digging, not one magnifying glass.

I'm still going to use this feature as much as I can and I can't wait to make some fossil dragons! :D
FR +3
[quote name="Amubun" date="2022-02-28 05:43:07" ] [quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-02-28 03:55:09" ] [quote name="Lightningbender" date="2022-02-27 10:38:04" ] [quote name="0rangedragon" date="2022-02-26 11:25:54" ] For those concerned about wasting XP, Undel has confirmed that the level cap is going to be increased by single levels going forwarded. You will most likely always max out before unlocking everything. [quote name="Undel" date="2022-02-25 00:28:53" ] For what it's worth, we're trying to make sure that arlo will be less of a grind for new players. We'll up the experience cap to level 3 once the level 2 dig site is out. WE'll up it to 4 once the level 3 dig site is out. If you max, you'll always be ready for the next site. You're not being locked out of everything :) Arlo updates are going to be farther in-between as we do a whole dig site at once. Just that one dig site with arlo is like 3 "regular" content updates (a primary secondary gene update, an 8 familiar update, an apparel set update, and a scene and vista to sprinkle into it all.) So you won't see an arlo site as often as a baldwin recipe, because a lot more goes into it! Sort of like how coliseum venue updates and ancient breeds are spaced further apart. There's a lot of content in one go, so they're usually spaced out with more modest updates in between. Anyway, get multiple items if you like, or stockpile resources if you like. Both work! [/quote] [/quote] If this is the case, I have to question why have there be exp at all? Why not just make the dig sites each level? Or must unlock x level to get y & x2 and so on. With the benefits of helping vs solo play I think people would still collaborate plenty. [/quote] what does the exp even do? its not like it gives you better drops or anything. at least with baldwin the exp is to unlock new recipes. do you have to be a certain level to unlock the next dig site and is that level 2? where even is that undel quote from because its not in this thread unless i somehow missed it, but i went back through every dev post [/quote] Just wanted to point you in the direction of [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3107574/4#post_50446565]the Undel quote![/url] It's in a different thread. [/quote] ah good i was kind of like "why wouldnt they also put this info on the main thread" but that would also be like a good thought to have
Amubun wrote on 2022-02-28 05:43:07:
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-02-28 03:55:09:
Lightningbender wrote on 2022-02-27 10:38:04:
0rangedragon wrote on 2022-02-26 11:25:54:
For those concerned about wasting XP, Undel has confirmed that the level cap is going to be increased by single levels going forwarded. You will most likely always max out before unlocking everything.
Undel wrote on 2022-02-25 00:28:53:
For what it's worth, we're trying to make sure that arlo will be less of a grind for new players.

We'll up the experience cap to level 3 once the level 2 dig site is out. WE'll up it to 4 once the level 3 dig site is out. If you max, you'll always be ready for the next site. You're not being locked out of everything :)

Arlo updates are going to be farther in-between as we do a whole dig site at once. Just that one dig site with arlo is like 3 "regular" content updates (a primary secondary gene update, an 8 familiar update, an apparel set update, and a scene and vista to sprinkle into it all.) So you won't see an arlo site as often as a baldwin recipe, because a lot more goes into it! Sort of like how coliseum venue updates and ancient breeds are spaced further apart. There's a lot of content in one go, so they're usually spaced out with more modest updates in between.

Anyway, get multiple items if you like, or stockpile resources if you like. Both work!
If this is the case, I have to question why have there be exp at all? Why not just make the dig sites each level? Or must unlock x level to get y & x2 and so on. With the benefits of helping vs solo play I think people would still collaborate plenty.
what does the exp even do? its not like it gives you better drops or anything. at least with baldwin the exp is to unlock new recipes. do you have to be a certain level to unlock the next dig site and is that level 2?

where even is that undel quote from because its not in this thread unless i somehow missed it, but i went back through every dev post

Just wanted to point you in the direction of the Undel quote! It's in a different thread.
ah good i was kind of like "why wouldnt they also put this info on the main thread" but that would also be like a good thought to have
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
Finally finished, now just going to collect daily while I wait for them to add more digsites.
Finally finished, now just going to collect daily while I wait for them to add more digsites.
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2022-02-28 03:55:09" ] [quote name="Lightningbender" date="2022-02-27 10:38:04" ] [quote name="0rangedragon" date="2022-02-26 11:25:54" ] For those concerned about wasting XP, Undel has confirmed that the level cap is going to be increased by single levels going forwarded. You will most likely always max out before unlocking everything. [quote name="Undel" date="2022-02-25 00:28:53" ] For what it's worth, we're trying to make sure that arlo will be less of a grind for new players. We'll up the experience cap to level 3 once the level 2 dig site is out. WE'll up it to 4 once the level 3 dig site is out. If you max, you'll always be ready for the next site. You're not being locked out of everything :) Arlo updates are going to be farther in-between as we do a whole dig site at once. Just that one dig site with arlo is like 3 "regular" content updates (a primary secondary gene update, an 8 familiar update, an apparel set update, and a scene and vista to sprinkle into it all.) So you won't see an arlo site as often as a baldwin recipe, because a lot more goes into it! Sort of like how coliseum venue updates and ancient breeds are spaced further apart. There's a lot of content in one go, so they're usually spaced out with more modest updates in between. Anyway, get multiple items if you like, or stockpile resources if you like. Both work! [/quote] [/quote] If this is the case, I have to question why have there be exp at all? Why not just make the dig sites each level? Or must unlock x level to get y & x2 and so on. With the benefits of helping vs solo play I think people would still collaborate plenty. [/quote] what does the exp even do? its not like it gives you better drops or anything. at least with baldwin the exp is to unlock new recipes. do you have to be a certain level to unlock the next dig site and is that level 2? where even is that undel quote from because its not in this thread unless i somehow missed it, but i went back through every dev post [/quote] The XP and leveling is for new players joining the game or old ones returning. You will have to be a certain level for each digsite, like baldwin recipes.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2022-02-28 03:55:09:
Lightningbender wrote on 2022-02-27 10:38:04:
0rangedragon wrote on 2022-02-26 11:25:54:
For those concerned about wasting XP, Undel has confirmed that the level cap is going to be increased by single levels going forwarded. You will most likely always max out before unlocking everything.
Undel wrote on 2022-02-25 00:28:53:
For what it's worth, we're trying to make sure that arlo will be less of a grind for new players.

We'll up the experience cap to level 3 once the level 2 dig site is out. WE'll up it to 4 once the level 3 dig site is out. If you max, you'll always be ready for the next site. You're not being locked out of everything :)

Arlo updates are going to be farther in-between as we do a whole dig site at once. Just that one dig site with arlo is like 3 "regular" content updates (a primary secondary gene update, an 8 familiar update, an apparel set update, and a scene and vista to sprinkle into it all.) So you won't see an arlo site as often as a baldwin recipe, because a lot more goes into it! Sort of like how coliseum venue updates and ancient breeds are spaced further apart. There's a lot of content in one go, so they're usually spaced out with more modest updates in between.

Anyway, get multiple items if you like, or stockpile resources if you like. Both work!
If this is the case, I have to question why have there be exp at all? Why not just make the dig sites each level? Or must unlock x level to get y & x2 and so on. With the benefits of helping vs solo play I think people would still collaborate plenty.
what does the exp even do? its not like it gives you better drops or anything. at least with baldwin the exp is to unlock new recipes. do you have to be a certain level to unlock the next dig site and is that level 2?

where even is that undel quote from because its not in this thread unless i somehow missed it, but i went back through every dev post

The XP and leveling is for new players joining the game or old ones returning. You will have to be a certain level for each digsite, like baldwin recipes.
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
Wow New Trading post part!!!! So cool thanks Developers
Wow New Trading post part!!!! So cool thanks Developers
I finally know where you get ground and fissure from. Just took me sense i logged in today to find this ^^
I finally know where you get ground and fissure from. Just took me sense i logged in today to find this ^^
demicatcher.png bicatcher.png
Has it been announced when they think a new dig site might be added? Just finished the first one and have been at Max level for a few days now.
Has it been announced when they think a new dig site might be added? Just finished the first one and have been at Max level for a few days now.
nc0LtHD.png7aIwBLy.pngUW2jCJf.png7kXqKFJ.png
super cool
super cool
24699391_bHpOJyVs5JvINoe.png > they/he
> german
> goth
> fandom dragons
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
> artist
> in love with shapes
> joined 2013
> feel free to msg
dco58ux-e51b8195-ff35-42e4-a20d-f0262e15dd63.gif
[quote name="@MoonieMagnus" date="2022-03-04 21:01:15" ] Has it been announced when they think a new dig site might be added? Just finished the first one and have been at Max level for a few days now. [/quote] It seems like the thread has since been deleted, but Undel said in a discussion thread that they don't know exactly when new digsites would be released, but that it would be quite a long time depending on the items within them. Since they release with new genes, apparel, familiars, etc, it takes a long time to put them together. I would assume at least a year between digsite releases personally but hopefully it doesn't take that long :) Edit; typo
@MoonieMagnus wrote on 2022-03-04 21:01:15:

It seems like the thread has since been deleted, but Undel said in a discussion thread that they don't know exactly when new digsites would be released, but that it would be quite a long time depending on the items within them. Since they release with new genes, apparel, familiars, etc, it takes a long time to put them together. I would assume at least a year between digsite releases personally but hopefully it doesn't take that long :)

Edit; typo
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
My buttons for precise and rugged work are grayed out, but I have no worked tiles that need to be cleared. Is there a limit to how many times I can dig per day or week or something?
My buttons for precise and rugged work are grayed out, but I have no worked tiles that need to be cleared. Is there a limit to how many times I can dig per day or week or something?
1 2 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116