Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 8th Anniversary: Dustcarve Dig
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 223 224
@Aequorin

I LOVE the sitewide/community adventure mode aspects to the anniversary and I can’t wait to see what they discover. Looking forward to another year of awesome!

Just one minor request - Would it be possible to add a numerical percent complete to the bar for us, eh, less visually acute players?

Or maybe I should be worried about what they discover....
@Aequorin

I LOVE the sitewide/community adventure mode aspects to the anniversary and I can’t wait to see what they discover. Looking forward to another year of awesome!

Just one minor request - Would it be possible to add a numerical percent complete to the bar for us, eh, less visually acute players?

Or maybe I should be worried about what they discover....
UYU9v2z.jpg
@periplans thank you, got the idea from another user! Also, it is quite impossible for me not to love Joxar now, honestly. I love him so much
@periplans thank you, got the idea from another user! Also, it is quite impossible for me not to love Joxar now, honestly. I love him so much
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
I sincerely hope we get more sitewide events like this because I love how this appeals to both casual and hardcore players! I am very excited to see what we get from the milestones as well.
I sincerely hope we get more sitewide events like this because I love how this appeals to both casual and hardcore players! I am very excited to see what we get from the milestones as well.
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
I'm living in +16FR Time zone, which makes me a bit wary about rapid milestone progress. For me, the maintenance started last midnight (00:00 in my time zone) and I had to go sleep before it concluded, this event kicking in. And when I got my first chance to check about this event, at 8:00 a.m. this morning by my time (which was 4p.m. by FR time), it's been like 80% done already. If it took any shorter and I got preoccupied with IRL stuffs during whole FR daytime(which case happens quite frequently), there's a good chance I'd miss a whole milestone, without any valid chance to participate.

@Aequorin You said you'll communicate in advance before switching them but - I'd like to be sure, would there be any kind of snipe-guard thingy? Like, to give a milestone at least 24 hours regardless of its progress, so all people can have chance to participate before it's replaced with new one.
I'm living in +16FR Time zone, which makes me a bit wary about rapid milestone progress. For me, the maintenance started last midnight (00:00 in my time zone) and I had to go sleep before it concluded, this event kicking in. And when I got my first chance to check about this event, at 8:00 a.m. this morning by my time (which was 4p.m. by FR time), it's been like 80% done already. If it took any shorter and I got preoccupied with IRL stuffs during whole FR daytime(which case happens quite frequently), there's a good chance I'd miss a whole milestone, without any valid chance to participate.

@Aequorin You said you'll communicate in advance before switching them but - I'd like to be sure, would there be any kind of snipe-guard thingy? Like, to give a milestone at least 24 hours regardless of its progress, so all people can have chance to participate before it's replaced with new one.
Happy 8th everyone! I can't believe the sites been going for so long!
Happy 8th everyone! I can't believe the sites been going for so long!
My art shop super cheap! https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3074098/1#post_49545725
She/her
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/2932938#post_2932938 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.png
I think timezone concerns could be assuaged if each individual stage has a minimum time, and even if it fills before that staff still have to wait to the end to rollover to the next stage to ensure every time zone is served by the event. My recommendation is a minimum 18 hours.

Love the excuse to love on all my unbonded familiars!
I think timezone concerns could be assuaged if each individual stage has a minimum time, and even if it fills before that staff still have to wait to the end to rollover to the next stage to ensure every time zone is served by the event. My recommendation is a minimum 18 hours.

Love the excuse to love on all my unbonded familiars!
"Here lies Scout. He rAN and dIEd."
SCREAMING VERY LOUDLY
SCREAMING VERY LOUDLY
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
I love this event, it's really exciting to finally see something everyone on-site can participate in together like this! Hopefully we can see more events of this nature in the future. Also I love Velya, she's so cute.........
I love this event, it's really exciting to finally see something everyone on-site can participate in together like this! Hopefully we can see more events of this nature in the future. Also I love Velya, she's so cute.........
Ly | It/its | FRT+ 0 | 22
Art shop
so... nocturnes have two horns on the top of their head and not three, right? i remember reading something about nocturnes having three horns a long time ago and it still feels like a fever dream happy 8th anniversary!! [emoji=firework size=1]
so... nocturnes have two horns on the top of their head and not three, right? i remember reading something about nocturnes having three horns a long time ago and it still feels like a fever dream

happy 8th anniversary!!
2KAdknV.pngpixpet_mini_sunobra_pixel.gifLshkoju.pngdragonilluminaticonfirmed.gif
@Aequorin [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-06-08 18:03:25" ] [quote name="@/TheFloralFaun" date="2021-06-08 17:59:45" ] Ah jeez let me try and type this out like how it is in my head. I don't see how this tells me that it will be available for every person. This event started for me at about 10am-ish and at 7:45 pm the first milestone is almost achieved. Every milestone gets players something but I know that there is a decent chunk of players who haven't even finished sleeping. When the bar is filled will they still be able to turn in items or are they out of luck? It may be me just not understanding how you worded that, but my biggest concern is here "Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase." Are people who are either asleep, at school, or at work in opposite time zones going to be able to still submit items to get the one item requirement even if the milestone is considered complete? It would really suck if they missed out on the event because life happened to them that they cant avoid. (Sorry if I completely flubbed on the first questions post, I don't really understand how we move forward in the event but not really worried about it as much as this.) [/quote] Players can still turn in event items even after the bar has been filled for milestone credit. We'll communicate clearly when the milestones switch [b]in advance[/b]. Milestone progression will happen during our normal daytime working hours. [/quote] When do we get the prizes? When all the bars are filled, or when the milestones switch?
@Aequorin
Aequorin wrote on 2021-06-08 18:03:25:
@/TheFloralFaun wrote on 2021-06-08 17:59:45:

Ah jeez let me try and type this out like how it is in my head.

I don't see how this tells me that it will be available for every person. This event started for me at about 10am-ish and at 7:45 pm the first milestone is almost achieved. Every milestone gets players something but I know that there is a decent chunk of players who haven't even finished sleeping. When the bar is filled will they still be able to turn in items or are they out of luck?

It may be me just not understanding how you worded that, but my biggest concern is here "Once the requisite number of items have been turned in for the active milestone, it will be considered complete, and the dig team will take a much needed rest to prepare for the next phase."

Are people who are either asleep, at school, or at work in opposite time zones going to be able to still submit items to get the one item requirement even if the milestone is considered complete? It would really suck if they missed out on the event because life happened to them that they cant avoid.

(Sorry if I completely flubbed on the first questions post, I don't really understand how we move forward in the event but not really worried about it as much as this.)

Players can still turn in event items even after the bar has been filled for milestone credit. We'll communicate clearly when the milestones switch in advance. Milestone progression will happen during our normal daytime working hours.

When do we get the prizes? When all the bars are filled, or when the milestones switch?
2Q5YVhN.png vslbbes.gif
1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 223 224