Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | 8th Anniversary: Dustcarve Dig
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 223 224
Oop, the bar are already so full less than 12 hours since launching, I made sure to make a few contributions, but I wonder if it'll last 24 hours. Perhaps later milestones will be adjusted but ideally it would take over 24 hours to fill the bar [to give maximum engagement opportunities regardless of when people can participate]. Given how full it is my strategy is probably going to be to toss in a few items as soon as I can, then hold off on until 24 hours have passed from a milestone starting then it's free game to dump all my excess items in. I hope the amount of stockpiled materials hoarded between milestones is taken into account in setting goals, or perhaps they're already designed to be longer each time as digging deeper = longer tunnels [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
Oop, the bar are already so full less than 12 hours since launching, I made sure to make a few contributions, but I wonder if it'll last 24 hours. Perhaps later milestones will be adjusted but ideally it would take over 24 hours to fill the bar [to give maximum engagement opportunities regardless of when people can participate]. Given how full it is my strategy is probably going to be to toss in a few items as soon as I can, then hold off on until 24 hours have passed from a milestone starting then it's free game to dump all my excess items in. I hope the amount of stockpiled materials hoarded between milestones is taken into account in setting goals, or perhaps they're already designed to be longer each time as digging deeper = longer tunnels
Windsinger, the green and teal deity of the Wind flight, his head and hands pop in from the left while the tip of his tail is on the right.
[quote name="@TheFloralFaun" date="2021-06-08 17:07:27" ] @/Undel Question, I think it was mentioned that staff has to flip a switch in order to send us into the next stage for the event. So lets say when the current tunnel is complete are y'all gonna wait till roll over to flip said switch. Cause we have almost finished this first stage, but what about the players in opposite times zones? Are they going to miss out because they were asleep, because that would really suck. I'm just a lot confused on how we move forward to the next stage in the event. [quote name="GneissSnappers" date="2021-06-08 17:05:56" ] Pardon me if this has been addressed but I'm still halfway through the thread and I'm a bit anxious. Does this mean there will potentially be more than one milestone a day? And if that's the case, do those of us who want to make sure we get all the rewards need to keep a constant vigil to make sure we don't miss a milestone? I'd hate to head to bed and wake up and find out I missed a couple milestones. [/quote] Seems I'm not alone in this concern and I know several others not in the thread that have discussed this concern with me as well. [/quote] The answer to your question is here in [b]Event Pacing:[/b] [quote name="Xhaztol" date="2021-06-08 08:52:26" ] [size=4][b]Event Pacing[/b][/size] While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and milestones will conclude on their own, the act of kicking off new milestones is a [b]manual process[/b] that the development team of [i]Flight Rising[/i] will be controlling. [b]This is primarily so that our team can be present for support, monitoring, and the fun of the event without necessitating any of our team members needing to stay up at odd-hours to watch milestones changeover or the event rapidly conclude. As we've said before, we don't exercise crunch at our company, and prefer our employees work fairly standard hours for their own well-being. This is part of that promise.[/b] While we won't be able to give a definitive time that milestones will begin, you can expect that they'll likely be sometime early in the day [b]when the majority of our team starts work and is present.[/b] [/quote] There will be [b]no rollover progression[/b] to the next milestone. We'll let you know in advance—[b]but after the milestone has been met and the turn-in bar filled completely. [/b]
@TheFloralFaun wrote on 2021-06-08 17:07:27:
@/Undel

Question, I think it was mentioned that staff has to flip a switch in order to send us into the next stage for the event.

So lets say when the current tunnel is complete are y'all gonna wait till roll over to flip said switch. Cause we have almost finished this first stage, but what about the players in opposite times zones? Are they going to miss out because they were asleep, because that would really suck.

I'm just a lot confused on how we move forward to the next stage in the event.
GneissSnappers wrote on 2021-06-08 17:05:56:
Pardon me if this has been addressed but I'm still halfway through the thread and I'm a bit anxious. Does this mean there will potentially be more than one milestone a day? And if that's the case, do those of us who want to make sure we get all the rewards need to keep a constant vigil to make sure we don't miss a milestone? I'd hate to head to bed and wake up and find out I missed a couple milestones.

Seems I'm not alone in this concern and I know several others not in the thread that have discussed this concern with me as well.

The answer to your question is here in Event Pacing:
Xhaztol wrote on 2021-06-08 08:52:26:

Event Pacing

While the act of collecting and turning in items in a milestone will update dynamically, and milestones will conclude on their own, the act of kicking off new milestones is a manual process that the development team of Flight Rising will be controlling. This is primarily so that our team can be present for support, monitoring, and the fun of the event without necessitating any of our team members needing to stay up at odd-hours to watch milestones changeover or the event rapidly conclude. As we've said before, we don't exercise crunch at our company, and prefer our employees work fairly standard hours for their own well-being. This is part of that promise.

While we won't be able to give a definitive time that milestones will begin, you can expect that they'll likely be sometime early in the day when the majority of our team starts work and is present.

There will be no rollover progression to the next milestone. We'll let you know in advance—but after the milestone has been met and the turn-in bar filled completely.
Holy Cow, 8 Years!
I've only been around for over 2 years but all these overhauls are so cool!
Holy Cow, 8 Years!
I've only been around for over 2 years but all these overhauls are so cool!
How often do the items drop from coli?
1526859765072.gif
@FunkEngine Pretty often. As much as nocturne stuff it feels like.
@FunkEngine Pretty often. As much as nocturne stuff it feels like.
mojxxOc.jpg
[quote name="FunkEngine" date="2021-06-08 17:36:27" ] How often do the items drop from coli? [/quote] I get them every couple packs or so.
FunkEngine wrote on 2021-06-08 17:36:27:

I get them every couple packs or so.
1WaPPyd.png

divider by irithyll
HAPPY 8TH ANNIVERSARY FR!!

So excited! My first FR Anniversary :DD Have fun!
HAPPY 8TH ANNIVERSARY FR!!

So excited! My first FR Anniversary :DD Have fun!
PzoPTNg.pngunknown.pngqm3ofwD.png
-LOUDLY VIBRATES- I'M SO EXCITED!!!
I've not been doing much on the site as of late due to a lack of goals, this is something great to see happen!!! I'm so excited!!!
-LOUDLY VIBRATES- I'M SO EXCITED!!!
I've not been doing much on the site as of late due to a lack of goals, this is something great to see happen!!! I'm so excited!!!
@Undel

Pardon me, I may have phrased badly. What I, and I think a lot of people want to know, is... if we sleep for the recommended eight hours, are we going to wake up and find we've missed a milestone?

All we want to know is if there will be a minimum delay between the time a milestone ends and when it is reset, not when each milestone will specifically reset.

That said, I love this event and appreciate all of the effort and art and amazing work that went into it. Didn't want anyone to think I'm down on the event itself, or the admins. I'm just slightly confused.
@Undel

Pardon me, I may have phrased badly. What I, and I think a lot of people want to know, is... if we sleep for the recommended eight hours, are we going to wake up and find we've missed a milestone?

All we want to know is if there will be a minimum delay between the time a milestone ends and when it is reset, not when each milestone will specifically reset.

That said, I love this event and appreciate all of the effort and art and amazing work that went into it. Didn't want anyone to think I'm down on the event itself, or the admins. I'm just slightly confused.
Happy eighth anniversary! [emoji=firework size=1] And thanks for the scene and the event, can't wait to see what happens. [emoji=pick axe size=1]
Happy eighth anniversary!

And thanks for the scene and the event, can't wait to see what happens.
1 2 ... 81 82 83 84 85 ... 223 224