Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Wavecrest Saturnalia 2021
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 46
Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Ancient leviathan has won for two different festivals??? Like, the skin below is exactly the same as the version that won this year, the only difference is that it's for the wildclaw F pose: [item=skin: ancient leviathan] Kind of confused as to why staff would let the same skin win twice? I won't deny it's absolutely beautiful and really well done, and I'm not really mad that it won, but why pick this skin over some other one?
Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Ancient leviathan has won for two different festivals???

Like, the skin below is exactly the same as the version that won this year, the only difference is that it's for the wildclaw F pose:
Skin: Ancient Leviathan

Kind of confused as to why staff would let the same skin win twice? I won't deny it's absolutely beautiful and really well done, and I'm not really mad that it won, but why pick this skin over some other one?
Achievements
Mirror Adopts
FR tumblr
ToyHouse
Art Fight
vista_mirror1.png
aroace - gender?
any pronouns - 20

2SswTJj.png tumblr_inline_oqxzzokthn1r2ao8y_540.png
vista_tundra1.png
You can call me Art or Sand! :]
My question is, why is his PFP not his dragon unlike all the other deities
My question is, why is his PFP not his dragon unlike all the other deities
1421_150px_starlight18_by_miirshroom-dbyz1qc.pngR3OpbRR.png
R3OpbRR.png[/img]
SuYkYP9.png
tumblr_op6tymvBq91wo8ivwo1_100.gif[/url]
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
[quote name="Sandcastle" date="2021-04-27 12:14:22" ] Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Ancient leviathan has won for two different festivals??? Like, the skin below is exactly the same as the version that won this year, the only difference is that it's for the wildclaw F pose: [item=skin: ancient leviathan] Kind of confused as to why staff would let the same skin win twice? I won't deny it's absolutely beautiful and really well done, and I'm not really mad that it won, but why pick this skin over some other one? [/quote] Okay so I don't know what the mods were thinking i can only assume. so take my word as that, an assumption. Between the fact it is a very lovely skin, Same breed, looks well enough the same, it's been 4 years and (most importantly) same artist, if it was popular enough why not bring it back? On top of that, some people like to have "matching mates" and having two skins that are the same for the same breed helps with that and would be funni. Other than that idk, but i like it even if i don't use wild claws
Sandcastle wrote on 2021-04-27 12:14:22:
Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Ancient leviathan has won for two different festivals???

Like, the skin below is exactly the same as the version that won this year, the only difference is that it's for the wildclaw F pose:

Kind of confused as to why staff would let the same skin win twice? I won't deny it's absolutely beautiful and really well done, and I'm not really mad that it won, but why pick this skin over some other one?

Okay so I don't know what the mods were thinking i can only assume. so take my word as that, an assumption.

Between the fact it is a very lovely skin, Same breed, looks well enough the same, it's been 4 years and (most importantly) same artist, if it was popular enough why not bring it back? On top of that, some people like to have "matching mates" and having two skins that are the same for the same breed helps with that and would be funni.

Other than that idk, but i like it even if i don't use wild claws
1421_150px_starlight18_by_miirshroom-dbyz1qc.pngR3OpbRR.png
R3OpbRR.png[/img]
SuYkYP9.png
tumblr_op6tymvBq91wo8ivwo1_100.gif[/url]
tumblr_obcrybYghZ1tfzajgo1_r1_500.gif
I may not have any water themed dragons, but I will wish everyone a happy Wavecrest! <3
I may not have any water themed dragons, but I will wish everyone a happy Wavecrest! <3
VIN
he/him
FR +3
[quote name="Sandcastle" date="2021-04-27 12:14:22" ] Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Ancient leviathan has won for two different festivals??? Like, the skin below is exactly the same as the version that won this year, the only difference is that it's for the wildclaw F pose: [item=skin: ancient leviathan] Kind of confused as to why staff would let the same skin win twice? I won't deny it's absolutely beautiful and really well done, and I'm not really mad that it won, but why pick this skin over some other one? [/quote] I knew I saw it somewhere before! >:O This is exactly the level of ridiculousness I really hate seeing. Why isn't the staff checking this properly? There were some other skins/accents before too - done by the same artist or not(!) - that looked [i]very [/i]similar to already existing ones. As if there wasn't any other skin/accent which was at least just as qualified to win in the contest, no, they had to let someone win twice for working [i]once[/i]. *smh* If the artist really wants a matching set for their WCs they can just print the skins themselves, the attempt of using this festival for their own gain (whether the staffs lets it happen or not) is so rude!

I knew I saw it somewhere before! >:O
This is exactly the level of ridiculousness I really hate seeing. Why isn't the staff checking this properly? There were some other skins/accents before too - done by the same artist or not(!) - that looked very similar to already existing ones. As if there wasn't any other skin/accent which was at least just as qualified to win in the contest, no, they had to let someone win twice for working once. *smh*

If the artist really wants a matching set for their WCs they can just print the skins themselves, the attempt of using this festival for their own gain (whether the staffs lets it happen or not) is so rude!
NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png
e8SAWsa.png e8SAWsa.png SMQU6oc.gif e8SAWsa.png BLANKET

FORT

OF

ENDS
iceshieldr.png e8SAWsa.png
Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe I'm right, so I feel like I'm going a bit crazy right now.
Did the name of this accent change? I wrote it down on a note to check which skins/accents I have collected already and which I'm still missing and it says "Lilies and Seaweed", now the name is "Pondweed". I don't see why I would write down a longer, different name and it does sound similar... (Though there aren't any lilies...) Am I crazy or did it really change?

Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe I'm right, so I feel like I'm going a bit crazy right now.
Did the name of this accent change? I wrote it down on a note to check which skins/accents I have collected already and which I'm still missing and it says "Lilies and Seaweed", now the name is "Pondweed". I don't see why I would write down a longer, different name and it does sound similar... (Though there aren't any lilies...) Am I crazy or did it really change?

NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png

fBOw4m5.png

NaWGh2t.png
e8SAWsa.png e8SAWsa.png SMQU6oc.gif e8SAWsa.png BLANKET

FORT

OF

ENDS
iceshieldr.png e8SAWsa.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67100913][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/671010/67100913_350.png[/img][/url] I rescued this girl as fodder. she’s just too gorgeous to have left. :) the toxin looks like foamy waves in my opinion and her belly looks like sand. I just think she’s neat!
67100913_350.png
I rescued this girl as fodder. she’s just too gorgeous to have left. :)
the toxin looks like foamy waves in my opinion and her belly looks like sand. I just think she’s neat!
[quote name="@Norayna0ekoa" date="2021-04-27 14:00:04" ] [quote name="Sandcastle" date="2021-04-27 12:14:22" ] Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Ancient leviathan has won for two different festivals??? Like, the skin below is exactly the same as the version that won this year, the only difference is that it's for the wildclaw F pose: [item=skin: ancient leviathan] Kind of confused as to why staff would let the same skin win twice? I won't deny it's absolutely beautiful and really well done, and I'm not really mad that it won, but why pick this skin over some other one? [/quote] I knew I saw it somewhere before! >:O This is exactly the level of ridiculousness I really hate seeing. Why isn't the staff checking this properly? There were some other skins/accents before too - done by the same artist or not(!) - that looked [i]very [/i]similar to already existing ones. As if there wasn't any other skin/accent which was at least just as qualified to win in the contest, no, they had to let someone win twice for working [i]once[/i]. *smh* If the artist really wants a matching set for their WCs they can just print the skins themselves, the attempt of using this festival for their own gain (whether the staffs lets it happen or not) is so rude! [/quote] Seriously? First of all, the artist didn't work just once. It's all new art on a different model. Yes, it's the same design as a previous winner by the same artist, but it had to be completely redrawn which is why it doesn't break the rules and was allowed. Also, why do you think this only benefits the artist? There are a lot of players that like matching male/female skins, myself included. Now I don't have to pay gems to get the male version from the artist. This wasn't done for the artist's own gain. You also seem to be assuming that staff didn't check and accidentally picked the skin as a winner when it could just as easily been done deliberately. There have been [b]eight[/b] Wavecrests and this is the first where there have been matching skins. The previous design was from 4 years ago. It's fine.
@Norayna0ekoa wrote on 2021-04-27 14:00:04:

I knew I saw it somewhere before! >:O
This is exactly the level of ridiculousness I really hate seeing. Why isn't the staff checking this properly? There were some other skins/accents before too - done by the same artist or not(!) - that looked very similar to already existing ones. As if there wasn't any other skin/accent which was at least just as qualified to win in the contest, no, they had to let someone win twice for working once. *smh*

If the artist really wants a matching set for their WCs they can just print the skins themselves, the attempt of using this festival for their own gain (whether the staffs lets it happen or not) is so rude!

Seriously? First of all, the artist didn't work just once. It's all new art on a different model. Yes, it's the same design as a previous winner by the same artist, but it had to be completely redrawn which is why it doesn't break the rules and was allowed. Also, why do you think this only benefits the artist? There are a lot of players that like matching male/female skins, myself included. Now I don't have to pay gems to get the male version from the artist. This wasn't done for the artist's own gain.

You also seem to be assuming that staff didn't check and accidentally picked the skin as a winner when it could just as easily been done deliberately. There have been eight Wavecrests and this is the first where there have been matching skins. The previous design was from 4 years ago. It's fine.
5ZlCPH.png
Please note: When pinging me the first 'letter' in my name is a zero.
50IPcx.gif
My Familiar Trading Thread!
s2WAwm3.png
[quote name="@Norayna0ekoa" date="2021-04-27 14:45:33" ] Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe I'm right, so I feel like I'm going a bit crazy right now. Did the name of this accent change? I wrote it down on a note to check which skins/accents I have collected already and which I'm still missing and it says "Lilies and Seaweed", now the name is "Pondweed". I don't see why I would write down a longer, different name and it does sound similar... (Though there aren't any lilies...) Am I crazy or did it really change? [/quote] You aren't crazy! I had the same thought but Maki's guide ([url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1388514]here[/url]) has it listed as "Lilies & Seaweed". The chest it drops from is STILL named "Lilies & Seaweed Chest". I wonder why it changed...? 8|a
@Norayna0ekoa wrote on 2021-04-27 14:45:33:

You aren't crazy! I had the same thought but Maki's guide (here) has it listed as "Lilies & Seaweed". The chest it drops from is STILL named "Lilies & Seaweed Chest". I wonder why it changed...? 8|a
UEKFohX.png
[quote name="FeatherHibiscus" date="2021-04-27 10:18:36" ] [quote name="@UtterlyWeird" date="2021-04-25 09:48:21" ] I don't expect it to help anything, but I just want to note that it's really hard to get enough tokens for the events anymore. Go ahead and laugh, but for some people the idea of melting down a non existent pixel animal is distressing, and the prices in the Auction House are beyond my means. [/quote] but.. you're not melting down an animal? you're melting down a tuft of fur from it and then releasing it into the wild i didn't even know u could brew prismatic tokens anyway i thought they were joxar only [/quote] Er, I wasn't talking about prismatic tokens. [quote name="Rythen" date="2021-04-27 08:40:21" ] Canonically you're just using a bit of fur or hair, not melting the whole creature. Flight Rising isn't THAT dark. [/quote] This is the first time someone's explained that to me. The last person to take the time to explain anything about crafting to me pretty much told me the critters were melted down into gloop. I haven't a lot of time for my games, often, so I never really looked into things to find out. *oops* ...I just got goop when I put a familiar in the caldron. Now I'm really confused.
FeatherHibiscus wrote on 2021-04-27 10:18:36:
@UtterlyWeird wrote on 2021-04-25 09:48:21:
I don't expect it to help anything, but I just want to note that it's really hard to get enough tokens for the events anymore. Go ahead and laugh, but for some people the idea of melting down a non existent pixel animal is distressing, and the prices in the Auction House are beyond my means.

but.. you're not melting down an animal? you're melting down a tuft of fur from it and then releasing it into the wild

i didn't even know u could brew prismatic tokens anyway i thought they were joxar only

Er, I wasn't talking about prismatic tokens.
Rythen wrote on 2021-04-27 08:40:21:

Canonically you're just using a bit of fur or hair, not melting the whole creature. Flight Rising isn't THAT dark.

This is the first time someone's explained that to me. The last person to take the time to explain anything about crafting to me pretty much told me the critters were melted down into gloop. I haven't a lot of time for my games, often, so I never really looked into things to find out. *oops*

...I just got goop when I put a familiar in the caldron. Now I'm really confused.
Delete this account, thank you. I don't want my information on the net for creepers to gank.
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 45 46