Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Chitinous Armor Part 2
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38 39
oooo pretty!!!
oooo pretty!!!
(wishlist in bio) 9YNBdbA.pngoutput-onlinepngtools_1.png [img]https://imgur.com/oaONRiZ[/img]
[quote name="Dreamson" date="2021-01-13 21:36:00" ] These are cool and all, but... as others are saying, I wish that the clipping issues had been addressed first. Also, I realize that technically the FR year starts in July, but in real life I'm kind of disappointed that the first update of 2021 after weeks of silence was an apparel recolor for a set that still has clipping issues which haven't been looked into. Bummer way to start the year off. I really don't want to start the year off complaining, but clipping issues and art errors have gotten more and more common lately, to the point where it's happening with practically every new gene and apparel set. I'm sorry, but this just absurd, two releases of this set and this hasn't been fixed yet? It's a massive error. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/quote] This is exactly why I am disappointed there was a new recolour, and no fix. It's a GLARING error or worse, a blatant "Whatever" by the artist. This set had potential to be REALLY neat, and I liked the concept, but the errors are just so A: glaring or B: lazy that I am still taken aback that they persisted through a second release, and especially so long after the first release!
Dreamson wrote on 2021-01-13 21:36:00:
These are cool and all, but... as others are saying, I wish that the clipping issues had been addressed first.

Also, I realize that technically the FR year starts in July, but in real life I'm kind of disappointed that the first update of 2021 after weeks of silence was an apparel recolor for a set that still has clipping issues which haven't been looked into. Bummer way to start the year off.

I really don't want to start the year off complaining, but clipping issues and art errors have gotten more and more common lately, to the point where it's happening with practically every new gene and apparel set.

I'm sorry, but this just absurd, two releases of this set and this hasn't been fixed yet? It's a massive error.
dummy?breed=13&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=37685&xt=dressing.png

This is exactly why I am disappointed there was a new recolour, and no fix. It's a GLARING error or worse, a blatant "Whatever" by the artist. This set had potential to be REALLY neat, and I liked the concept, but the errors are just so A: glaring or B: lazy that I am still taken aback that they persisted through a second release, and especially so long after the first release!
3bbc629075881e863e3343269e0d55ff28954b3a.png1f98933c3a1bf47d30c72c4799c0721a8cb4b840.pngb82c20c3c1ab36103b78411ad7251d93ac85465d.png55eefd6df9de60bdf7af3aa7a5df89316e2902b5.pnga97e47ce05a625f0f14943b39c8d12c355e5bc4d.png22843204c52cb82bb562b52cb80027c23d64845c.png68bc15ec4104340fa8341ae74bf814f32d8064bd.png...62Fzp5M.png
What still gets me is that apparently this [i]is[/i] the fixed version. There was a big list of errors and mistakes in the first thread, now worked down and crossed through, and it's still full of easily avoidable mistakes and errors. There is literally no breed where this set doesn't have a weird big flaw that makes it unusable to me. I really hope this is just an outlier, not the new standard. I said it before but I'll say it again, FR direly needs an art director if stuff like this continues or at least someone who supervises art as a second set of eyes. I adore this website and I've been in Dragon Hell since 2013 now, so maybe it's just me having grown as an artist myself, nostalgia speaking, or whatever, but this, Keel, and many other things leave a bad taste in my mouth. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/655106620023504938/798911653546426418/preview-image.png[/img] Armor doesn't follow the neckline at all. Even partly clips into the beard if I see it correctly rn. [img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/655106620023504938/798620015846621184/preview-image.png[/img] Chest piece is lopsided, same wing\leg mistake as on SD F, armor floats on top of the neck and head.
What still gets me is that apparently this is the fixed version.
There was a big list of errors and mistakes in the first thread, now worked down and crossed through, and it's still full of easily avoidable mistakes and errors.
There is literally no breed where this set doesn't have a weird big flaw that makes it unusable to me.
I really hope this is just an outlier, not the new standard. I said it before but I'll say it again, FR direly needs an art director if stuff like this continues or at least someone who supervises art as a second set of eyes.
I adore this website and I've been in Dragon Hell since 2013 now, so maybe it's just me having grown as an artist myself, nostalgia speaking, or whatever, but this, Keel, and many other things leave a bad taste in my mouth.

preview-image.png
Armor doesn't follow the neckline at all. Even partly clips into the beard if I see it correctly rn.

preview-image.png
Chest piece is lopsided, same wing\leg mistake as on SD F, armor floats on top of the neck and head.
fuoDMXr.pngbsky - twitter - tumblr - he\they
bug momence 2!!!!!
bug momence 2!!!!!
tumblr_inline_pafumapXAW1r16a5d_540.png tumblr_paeahswwr21r45983o8_100.png
Looks very nice!
Looks very nice!
d8uud0s-7f410d4a-a644-4161-8b07-eec9108f1ab4.png
Where can you get bundles?
Where can you get bundles?
FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
@Asmo I understand your point, but it takes so many hours to copy every piece of apparel onto every gender and breed. I can empathise with the FR team because it's so much work to do and I think there's bound to be a couple imperfections. After all, no one is perfect, right? (Not trying to be mean)
@Asmo I understand your point, but it takes so many hours to copy every piece of apparel onto every gender and breed. I can empathise with the FR team because it's so much work to do and I think there's bound to be a couple imperfections. After all, no one is perfect, right? (Not trying to be mean)
FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
@Thrawn Sorry, but I don't see any imperfections there. Armour isn't supposed to be skin tight is it? I think it looks better that way, to be honest. I understand your point, but it takes so many hours to copy every piece of apparel onto every gender and breed. I can empathise with the FR team because it's so much work to do and I think there's bound to be a couple imperfections. After all, no one is perfect, right? (Not trying to be mean)
@Thrawn Sorry, but I don't see any imperfections there. Armour isn't supposed to be skin tight is it? I think it looks better that way, to be honest. I understand your point, but it takes so many hours to copy every piece of apparel onto every gender and breed. I can empathise with the FR team because it's so much work to do and I think there's bound to be a couple imperfections. After all, no one is perfect, right? (Not trying to be mean)
FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
@Cokebubble
so... let there be mistakes because "aww artists and no one is perfect"? just because it takes long time to do art that doesn't need you can let out mistakes stay. esp as this is someone's job. this is just excuse for artists to not think what they are doing and just do it like whatever.
sure, mistakes happen. that is understadable. problem is, those mistakes keep happining more and more lately, and no one even tries to fix them. we have art mistakes that been here for years and no one is bothering to even adress them. it feels like they don't even care what they are putting out at this point.
@Cokebubble
so... let there be mistakes because "aww artists and no one is perfect"? just because it takes long time to do art that doesn't need you can let out mistakes stay. esp as this is someone's job. this is just excuse for artists to not think what they are doing and just do it like whatever.
sure, mistakes happen. that is understadable. problem is, those mistakes keep happining more and more lately, and no one even tries to fix them. we have art mistakes that been here for years and no one is bothering to even adress them. it feels like they don't even care what they are putting out at this point.
WIhgWqV.pngyeetWr77RAu.png

yeet
you
see
mE
wHy

yeet hYZxkBA.gif
aw yeah new chitin!!!
aw yeah new chitin!!!
tumblr_nita47Z2wX1speyy9o1_r2_500.png
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 38 39